Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: What’s next from the vault?
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 8, 2022 03:54

I bought the 90 minute Voodoo Lounge New Jersey VHS tape at a consession / merchandising booth when the Stones played Syracuse, NY later on in the tour.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2022 04:10

I heard some rumours about a live release around November this year. Still trying to get more details about it, though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2022 06:22

...the combination to the back door would be handy ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 8, 2022 10:02

Rockman
Yeah, that would be the easiest solution -next to the combination to the front door of courcethumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-08 16:58 by S.T.P.

Date: September 8, 2022 15:32

I predict there will be many more threads titled "What's next from the vault's" or something similar.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 8, 2022 19:20

Complete Wiltern and more from licks
Box set "BBC documentaries" with bonus
Sixty tour Blu-Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-08 21:42 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 8, 2022 19:33

AntoineParis
Complete Wilter and more from licks
Sixty tour Blu-Ray

Did they film any show from the Sixty tour properly by a separate film crew?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 8, 2022 19:39

hockenheim95

nowadays its not necesary a "properly" film crew, with the same number of cameras they shooting the shows they can release an excellent Bluray, just watch the Bridges To Buenos Aires bluray.

AntoineParis
Complete Wilter and more from licks
Sixty tour Blu-Ray

will be great! also they have in can (hard disk) the Florida 2021 show, which was filmed properly for a future release.

Date: September 8, 2022 21:13

rogerriffin
hockenheim95

nowadays its not necesary a "properly" film crew, with the same number of cameras they shooting the shows they can release an excellent Bluray, just watch the Bridges To Buenos Aires bluray.

I don't agree. Buenos Aires has the worst visuals from all Vault releases. You don't even see the crowd properly. The major releases have always been shot in a professional way. The Dugdale shots especially from 2016 are spectacular. I can't believe they will sell anything from a current tour that was shot for the screens. It would be quite boring for most viewers.

Date: September 8, 2022 22:19

A Sixty Tour DVD/Blu-Ray would be great!!

Greenhouse Talent shared an aftermovie of the Brussels show, i think it would look amazing for a release

Date: September 8, 2022 22:30

DiegoGlimmerStones
A Sixty Tour DVD/Blu-Ray would be great!!

Greenhouse Talent shared an aftermovie of the Brussels show, i think it would look amazing for a release

Of course these shots look awesome but mainly due to the drone shots. But they're clipped together from different moments. I only saw one drone flying around the stadium. You won't get these angle variations when they compile it to a complete concert. I really can't see them releasing something like this as a major release for Christmas. Maybe Miami 2019 as a tribute to Charlie.

What about audio only releases from Sixty or No Filter? I would like that!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 9, 2022 17:39

Weren't some of the past PPV shows on the list to release?

I know that doesn't generally excite the crowd here, but I was at one of those so was looking forward to it.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: September 9, 2022 19:52

They filmed the Hard Rock Hotel show last year. They only played 17 songs but did so impeccably. A recording/video would provide a perfect summation of the last two tours (with Jordan).

Date: September 9, 2022 21:59

Rockman

Ha!

Date: September 10, 2022 00:24

I think the next release will just be a remaster like Emotional Rescue with nothing new.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 10, 2022 00:27

hockenheim95
rogerriffin
hockenheim95

I don't agree. Buenos Aires has the worst visuals from all Vault releases. You don't even see the crowd properly. The major releases have always been shot in a professional way. The Dugdale shots especially from 2016 are spectacular. I can't believe they will sell anything from a current tour that was shot for the screens. It would be quite boring for most viewers.
Buenos Aires the worst? Lol - have you seen Leeds 1982?

I agree with you that they probably won't release any concerts from recent years just with the cameras that provides the pictures for the screens. People these days are just used to a much higher standard.

I personally would like to see an audio only release with highlights of the last years including Out of time, 19th nervous breakdown and Ghost Town from this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-10 00:31 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 10, 2022 01:10

Fingers crossed for Paris 2017 - I believe they filmed all 3 nights at the brand new U Arena.

Date: September 10, 2022 01:41

wickerman
Fingers crossed for Paris 2017 - I believe they filmed all 3 nights at the brand new U Arena.
They didn't. I was there.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 10, 2022 02:12

StonedRambler
wickerman

It looks like at least one of those concerts was filmed.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2022 02:24

Hope so .... i was there ...
wanna see what me wig looks like from behind ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 10, 2022 06:00

Who knows if any of these things are actually in the vault. The El Mocambo filled in 1977. (Back when each Stones year was like an era until itself.)

1963 - Bill's acetate. The missing Giorgio Gomelsky film.
1966 - A decent soundboard of the American tour.
1967 - " " European Tour
1970 - " " European Tour - I don't know if it would be much different than the American 1969 tour, but didn't they have horns?
1972- The Philadephia Gig
1973 - The Forum Nicaragua gig
1974 - can't really think of anything for this year but the actual album.
1976 - Paris, or Knebworth, or both.
1979 - the only gig was Canada for Keith.
1980 - Like 1974, only the album
1983 - " "
1984 - " "
1985 - Nothing at all, really.
1986 - Stu Memorial gig
1987 - Nothing
1988 - Nothing
After the Golden Era ended, after Bill left, there's not much essential left. Although I'd love to hear the 2012 rehearsals with Mick Taylor and Bill.

Does anyone else know of things that are missing? Of course the promo films.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 10, 2022 08:47

The 1999 Shepherd’s Bush Empire gig?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 10, 2022 09:58

1961 - little boy blue and the blues boys tapes
1963 - Bill's acetate. The missing Giorgio Gomelsky film.more bbc recordings, studio outtakes and demos, this

1965 - soundboard recordings made for gliywi ep, studio outtakes, more bbc recordings, olympia paris
1966 - A decent soundboard of the American tour. soundboards made for gliywi lp, studio outtakes, more bbc recorings, olympia paris shows
1967 - " " European Tour, olympia paris shows, studio outtakes
1968 - expanded rnr circus with outtakes and rehearsals, studio outtakes, nme show if it can be found, expanded one+one with outtakes and less artsy fartsy nonsense
1969 - 4 soundboard (3x msg, baltimore, altamont), expanded gimme shelter with a complete show and more footage, studio outtakes
1970 - " " European Tour - I don't know if it would be much different than the American 1969 tour, but didn't they have horns? horns df bs and beethoven that said i'm not clear if paris was recorded or not, studio outtakes
1971 - exile outtakes!, complete roundhoue gig, proper standalone release of leeds
1972- The Philadephia Gig, lots more soundboards, houston rehearsals, studio outtakes, c-sucker blues recut with more interesting footage and less staged plane orgie stunts
1973 - The Forum Nicaragua gig, lots more soundboards, proper release of both brussels shows, studio outtakes
1974 - can't really think of anything for this year but the actual album. studio outtakes
1975 - outtakes, more soundboards
1976 - Paris, or Knebworth, or both. outtakes, more soundboards, stones on the road bbc doc with more footage
1977 - whats left of the other el mocambo show thats releasable, the rehearsals for el mocambo shows, keith's toronto recordings (i count them), studio outtakes
1978 - more soundboards, studio outtakes, and i think they filmed another show in texas
1979 - the only gig was Canada for Keith. studio outtakes
1980 - Like 1974, only the album studio outtakes
1981 - tour rehearsals, more soundboards, more video taped shows, expanded let's spend the night together with complete shows
1982 - studio outtakes, more soundboards, more filmed shows
1983 - " studio outtakes "
1984 - " "
1985 - Nothing at all, really. studio outtakes, video rewind
1986 - Stu Memorial gig
1987 - Nothing
1988 - Nothing
1989-2022 - lots and lots for those of us who care about this era

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 10, 2022 09:59

So far there is nothing new listed on the FSK or other movie age classification sites. Usually new DVD/Bluray releases are listed there many months before the release. So I doubt we will get something else this year. At least no DVD/Bluray. Maybe an audio only release like El Mocambo...

Date: September 10, 2022 10:11

Rockman
Hope so .... i was there ...
wanna see what me wig looks like from behind ....

grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 10, 2022 10:17

Harlem Shuffler

We already have a 1999 No Security DVD. Is Shepherd's Bush Empire a different setlist?

Date: September 10, 2022 11:34

24FPS
Harlem Shuffler

We already have a 1999 No Security DVD. Is Shepherd's Bush Empire a different setlist?

oh hell yeah!

have a look

the setlist

Shattered
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
Respectable
All Down THe Line
Some Girls
Melody
I Got The Blues
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
Saint of Me
Honky Tonk Women (with Sheryl Crow)
Band Introductions
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Route 66
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 10, 2022 12:01

thinking about the above mentioned shows in Brussels this year and the Paris shows in 2017

- Brussels 2002. If they ever want to release this show (which I doubt) they have to deal with the terrible echo in that venue (very disturbing throughout the show!)

- Paris 2017 – an indicator that they thought about releasing the show(s) might be seen in the fact that they opened the second show with JFF in stead of Sympathy (as at all other shows in 2017). I think they did this to have the "ladies and gentlemen – the Rolling Stones" intro (see: [www.youtube.com]). But that doesn't mean they'll actually release that show

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 10, 2022 12:04

ProfessorWolf
1961 - little boy blue and the blues boys tapes
1963 - Bill's acetate. The missing Giorgio Gomelsky film.more bbc recordings, studio outtakes and demos, this

1965 - soundboard recordings made for gliywi ep, studio outtakes, more bbc recordings, olympia paris
1966 - A decent soundboard of the American tour. soundboards made for gliywi lp, studio outtakes, more bbc recorings, olympia paris shows
1967 - " " European Tour, olympia paris shows, studio outtakes
1968 - expanded rnr circus with outtakes and rehearsals, studio outtakes, nme show if it can be found, expanded one+one with outtakes and less artsy fartsy nonsense
1969 - 4 soundboard (3x msg, baltimore, altamont), expanded gimme shelter with a complete show and more footage, studio outtakes
1970 - " " European Tour - I don't know if it would be much different than the American 1969 tour, but didn't they have horns? horns df bs and beethoven that said i'm not clear if paris was recorded or not, studio outtakes
1971 - exile outtakes!, complete roundhoue gig, proper standalone release of leeds
1972- The Philadephia Gig, lots more soundboards, houston rehearsals, studio outtakes, c-sucker blues recut with more interesting footage and less staged plane orgie stunts
1973 - The Forum Nicaragua gig, lots more soundboards, proper release of both brussels shows, studio outtakes
1974 - can't really think of anything for this year but the actual album. studio outtakes
1975 - outtakes, more soundboards
1976 - Paris, or Knebworth, or both. outtakes, more soundboards, stones on the road bbc doc with more footage
1977 - whats left of the other el mocambo show thats releasable, the rehearsals for el mocambo shows, keith's toronto recordings (i count them), studio outtakes
1978 - more soundboards, studio outtakes, and i think they filmed another show in texas
1979 - the only gig was Canada for Keith. studio outtakes
1980 - Like 1974, only the album studio outtakes
1981 - tour rehearsals, more soundboards, more video taped shows, expanded let's spend the night together with complete shows
1982 - studio outtakes, more soundboards, more filmed shows
1983 - " studio outtakes "
1984 - " "
1985 - Nothing at all, really. studio outtakes, video rewind
1986 - Stu Memorial gig
1987 - Nothing
1988 - Nothing
1989-2022 - lots and lots for those of us who care about this era
Here's somebody who knows!
Very good list.
Really don't need Paris 2017, though I liked the honk live disc for its eclectic choice of tracks

Date: September 10, 2022 12:53

Cristiano Radtke
StonedRambler
wickerman

It looks like at least one of those concerts was filmed.

[www.instagram.com]
I saw that back thenbut I thought it was just for an imagine / advert film for the arena which was new back then, in fact the Stones were the first event that happened there.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home