Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Live At the Wiltern Nov 2002
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 5, 2022 21:39

I just bought this the other day along with a DVD of the show that apparently was shown on the BBC. Incredible show with super wide stereo. It is missing several songs but I’m surprised no one has raved about it yet. Or maybe I missed it. Coincidently I was at that show and sat in the loge with all the celebrities!

Re: Live At the Wiltern Nov 2002
Date: September 5, 2022 22:23

There was a thread here when the show aired.

Haven't seen it yet, unfortunately.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: September 5, 2022 22:32

donvis
I just bought this the other day along with a DVD of the show that apparently was shown on the BBC. Incredible show with super wide stereo. It is missing several songs but I’m surprised no one has raved about it yet. Or maybe I missed it. Coincidently I was at that show and sat in the loge with all the celebrities!

What exactly did you buy?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 5, 2022 22:55

I know some of the show is on Four Flicks. Some clips have emerged JJF, Dice, and Bitch on YouTube. Dying to see Stray cat Blues

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: September 5, 2022 23:54

Has this been officially released?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 6, 2022 03:38

artinis1

no

i'm assuming he got some kind of bootleg

but i do recall it being mentioned that it was gonna be released

what the deal with that?

is it gonna happen or not?

be weird to release another shows from the licks tour right after msg

Date: September 6, 2022 04:51

It was a bootleg but was a soundboard of whatever they showed on the BBC. Outstanding sound and way better show than the NY release earlier this summer. There is a boot DVD of it also. What I really liked was the wide stereo! Guitars were so distinct

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 05:12

Full show coming?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 09:39

ProfessorWolf
artinis1

no

i'm assuming he got some kind of bootleg

but i do recall it being mentioned that it was gonna be released

what the deal with that?

is it gonna happen or not?

be weird to release another shows from the licks tour right after msg

Why? It is a completely different setlist. They released Leeds 82 shortly after Hampton 81 and Buenos Aires 98 right after Bremen 98 with both the same basic setlist.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 6, 2022 09:40

ok your right

for some reason i forgot that and thought it be odd

Date: September 6, 2022 11:15

Not to mention the other Tokyo-show they released right after "Live in Tokyo".

Date: September 6, 2022 11:39

DandelionPowderman

You're right. They released it as a standalone release right after "Live in Tokyo" but only in Japan. It was a bonus on the Atlantic City Deluxe edition as a worldwide release.

But there's another one - Voodoo Lounge Tokyo as a Japan only release right after Miami (VL Uncut) :-)

Date: September 6, 2022 11:52

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

You're right. They released it as a standalone release right after "Live in Tokyo" but only in Japan. It was a bonus on the Atlantic City Deluxe edition as a worldwide release.

But there's another one - Voodoo Lounge Tokyo as a Japan only release right after Miami (VL Uncut) :-)

Indeed smiling smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 6, 2022 21:24

donvis
I just bought this the other day along with a DVD of the show that apparently was shown on the BBC. Incredible show with super wide stereo. It is missing several songs but I’m surprised no one has raved about it yet. Or maybe I missed it. Coincidently I was at that show and sat in the loge with all the celebrities![/quote

Oh lucky you.I wanna get hold of this show like set list.

Date: September 7, 2022 00:03

babyblue
donvis
I just bought this the other day along with a DVD of the show that apparently was shown on the BBC. Incredible show with super wide stereo. It is missing several songs but I’m surprised no one has raved about it yet. Or maybe I missed it. Coincidently I was at that show and sat in the loge with all the celebrities![/quote

Oh lucky you.I wanna get hold of this show like set list.

It's available in Hot Stuff section

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 7, 2022 15:20

artinis1
Full show coming?

It's already available, of course non-officially: Video

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 7, 2022 17:08

Quality?

Date: September 7, 2022 17:18

babyblue
Quality?

The BBC broadcast is just as good as other videos from that era. The audio is newly mixed by Sam Wheat and sounds like...like a Sam Wheat mix smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 7, 2022 17:59

hockenheim95
babyblue
Quality?

The BBC broadcast is just as good as other videos from that era. The audio is newly mixed by Sam Wheat and sounds like...like a Sam Wheat mix smiling smiley
Yes, although it's far better than the MSG release, Copacabana or VL uncut. I'd say on par with the Bridges releases.

Date: September 7, 2022 18:22

StonedRambler
hockenheim95
babyblue
Quality?

Yes, although it's far better than the MSG release, Copacabana or VL uncut. I'd say on par with the Bridges releases.

I think MSG sounds really good compared to Copa and VL Uncut. Those two are by far the worst to me.

Date: September 7, 2022 22:17

hockenheim95
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
babyblue
Quality?

I think MSG sounds really good compared to Copa and VL Uncut. Those two are by far the worst to me.
Copa and Uncut are definitely the worst, they are unlistenable. MSG is a bit better but far from being a good mix. Wiltern does actually sound quite good for a Sam Wheat mix IMHO. There are some imbalances in the guitar section woth Ronnie being a bit loud if I remember but at least the guitars aren't buried.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-07 22:18 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 8, 2022 06:50

I thought the guitars were incredibly distinct.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 8, 2022 09:59

StonedRambler

Copa and Uncut are definitely the worst, they are unlistenable.

But I have listened to them. So tell me, how could I do this, listen to something unlistenable...?

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: September 8, 2022 10:33

donvis

Hello Donvis. I'm looking for these DVD because I can't download the file (too big!?).

Date: September 8, 2022 13:52

wiredallnight
StonedRambler

Copa and Uncut are definitely the worst, they are unlistenable.

But I have listened to them. So tell me, how could I do this, listen to something unlistenable...?
Some people manage to do the impossible

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 19, 2022 19:19

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: November 20, 2022 01:22

Testify
[www.youtube.com]
Charlie! You beautiful man, love and miss you dearly.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2022 07:01

Testify
[www.youtube.com]

This was obviously shot with the permission of the band. Fantastic. But why only an hour and 9 minutes? Is this what was aired on the BBC?

plexi

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 21, 2022 11:31

timbernardis
Testify
[www.youtube.com]

This was obviously shot with the permission of the band. Fantastic. But why only an hour and 9 minutes? Is this what was aired on the BBC?

plexi

This is wat was aired by the BBC. Some footage was also used on the Four Flicks dvd box so at one point I hope we still get to see the full show as release

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 22, 2022 16:03

donvis

The New York Licks show was on the Beeb too ....got both saved on my Sky box grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home