Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: John Fogerty talks new CCR and other
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 2, 2022 17:18

Fogerty talks new release. Used to love CCR big time. I still have on vinyl all of their albums up through Cosmo's Factory. All got regularly played but Cosmo's was a constant on the turntable for ages. I also have on vinyl some Fogerty solo - The Blue Ridge Rangers (a great country music oriented album), Centerfield, Eye Of The Zombie, Blue Moon Swamp (a very good album). Some really great tunes on these. Check 'em out if you get the chance.

[people.com]

Re: OT: John Fogerty talks new CCR and other
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 3, 2022 20:20

dmay
Fogerty talks new release. Used to love CCR big time. I still have on vinyl all of their albums up through Cosmo's Factory. All got regularly played but Cosmo's was a constant on the turntable for ages. I also have on vinyl some Fogerty solo - The Blue Ridge Rangers (a great country music oriented album), Centerfield, Eye Of The Zombie, Blue Moon Swamp (a very good album). Some really great tunes on these. Check 'em out if you get the chance.

[people.com]

Saw Fogerty in concert I think 2019. Phenomenal...what a voice, even in his 70s.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2022 22:28

Saw him with CCR opening for the Turtles spring 1969. I was still so teenybop that I had to leave at times to give my tender ears a break from Fogerty's solos.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 7, 2022 00:13

24FPS
Saw him with CCR opening for the Turtles spring 1969. I was still so teenybop that I had to leave at times to give my tender ears a break from Fogerty's solos.

You saw Creedence in '69??

That's some serious bragging rights!

What a year for them--they put out 3 great albums: Bayou Country released in January, Green River in August, and Willy and the Poor Boys in November!

To have seen them live in the midst of this full-force creative hurricane was/is an amazing thing. Whether or not you could fully appreciate it at the time doesn't matter. It being too loud for a young kid is understandable. I can totally relate. But at least you were there!

Like Elvis, Fogerty absorbed a lot of American music styles and then honored them as his version of those sounds went out all over the radio and up the charts. CCR was an authentic voice of blue collar America, not a bunch of cosplaying phonies.

It just couldn't last...but what a legacy.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 7, 2022 02:50

loog droog
24FPS

You saw Creedence in '69??

That's some serious bragging rights!

What a year for them--they put out 3 great albums: Bayou Country released in January, Green River in August, and Willy and the Poor Boys in November!

To have seen them live in the midst of this full-force creative hurricane was/is an amazing thing. Whether or not you could fully appreciate it at the time doesn't matter. It being too loud for a young kid is understandable. I can totally relate. But at least you were there!

Like Elvis, Fogerty absorbed a lot of American music styles and then honored them as his version of those sounds went out all over the radio and up the charts. CCR was an authentic voice of blue collar America, not a bunch of cosplaying phonies.

It just couldn't last...but what a legacy.

It was early spring '69. I'm not even sure the second album came out yet. I remember their cover of Suzie Q was big on radio and got an enthusiastic response. I know by that summer I was a big fan and had the Born on the Bayou album.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 7, 2022 04:16

I actually met John personally twice, chit-chatting about this and that, but what still bugs me today is that it did not come to my mind to ask him why one of my favourite songs has never been released on CD - "Coming Down The Road".

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 7, 2022 06:06

24FPS

Lucky B******!!! That must have been just an earthquake of sound! John had a searing guitar tome back then and Doug Clifford sounded great live..

I love The Turtles, I’ve gotten plenty of dirty jabs over the years about liking them, but those guys could sing, they’re voices elevated it above garage rock n roll, which it is in the background at times. Nice to catch them on the same bill.

I saw John a few weeks ago for the second time. Really good again. Defying age. His sons band opened and they were great live, but I haven’t been getting into their studio stuff. The songs were better live. (How often the case that is)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home