Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 8 track tapes are back, baby, ya betta believe it
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2022 22:18

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
dmay
If vinyl could make a comeback, why not? I'll be waiting for the release of Exile, myself. I wish them mucho success.

[www.creem.com]

i hope not 8-tracks being unpopular and not trendy is exactly why i can afford them

for instance i bought a sealed exile cart last year for $12 dollars

try finding a original sealed copy on vinyl for $12!

Yeah but now you got an 8 track instead of a vinyl album.

but i still have a unplayed new condition original 50 year old release of exile for $12

that i must say sounds a lot better then the cassette from 50 years ago

THE BASS IS AWESOME!!!!grinning smiley

DOOD!

I think there's a reason it's 'unplayed'!

yeah cause it was sealedwinking smiley

LOL...it's good to find a hobby. It will be interesting if 8 Track 'catches on'.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 2, 2022 22:46

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
dmay
If vinyl could make a comeback, why not? I'll be waiting for the release of Exile, myself. I wish them mucho success.

[www.creem.com]

i hope not 8-tracks being unpopular and not trendy is exactly why i can afford them

but i still have a unplayed new condition original 50 year old release of exile for $12

DOOD!

LOL...it's good to find a hobby. It will be interesting if 8 Track 'catches on'.

i highly doubt it

i love 8-track but admittedly they where not well designed and it's a lot of work maintaining them

if i had to guess on the next big dead format to catch on i'd say cd's have earned there turn

i know not really a dead format but to the general public under 50 they might as well be

now if we want to talk about crazy dead formats to release new music on it be hard to beat 4 minute wax cylindersgrinning smiley

this is a pretty interesting look at how hard it is to play new music on wax cylinders

that being said who doesn't want to own exile on main street blues on a wax cylinder

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-02 22:50 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: September 3, 2022 00:26

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
dmay

[www.creem.com]

DOOD!

i highly doubt it

i love 8-track but admittedly they where not well designed and it's a lot of work maintaining them

if i had to guess on the next big dead format to catch on i'd say cd's have earned there turn

i know not really a dead format but to the general public under 50 they might as well be

now if we want to talk about crazy dead formats to release new music on it be hard to beat 4 minute wax cylindersgrinning smiley

this is a pretty interesting look at how hard it is to play new music on wax cylinders

that being said who doesn't want to own exile on main street blues on a wax cylinder

Ha! Funny you should mention wax cylinders. I recently bough one, of course cannot play it. Looks fabulous. Maybe one of these days I'll try to evolve that into a hobby. I've started collecting old shellac records I've got about 50 now.

Some amazing stuff unfortunately no blues mostly jazz, classical, country and show tunes. I bought an Audio Technica 120 specifically to get access to the 78 speed and then bought an AT cartridge with headshell that plays 78/shellac that can be swapped in.

I have recordings from over a hundred years ago...not exactly my 'style' of music mind you, but the sound is amazing coming through a modern system.

Date: September 3, 2022 01:30

i've been collecting 78's since i was 13 and the neighbor lady in her 90's gave me 6 full milk crates full of em' that she and her mother had collected

mostly country some jazz the oldest i think is from 1919

but i'm definitely jealous of your equipment

i use a refurbished one of these

if i had a fortune to spend i'd use one of these garrard 301 with a shure m44 with a 78 needle

Date: September 3, 2022 01:44

ProfessorWolf
i've been collecting 78's since i was 13 and the neighbor lady in her 90's gave me 6 full milk crates full of em' that she and her mother had collected

if i had a fortune to spend i'd use one of these garrard 301 with a shure m44 with a 78 needle

a setup like this would be ideal though i suppose

wouldn't mind the record eitherwinking smiley

but tell me this dosen't make you scream out loud NOOOOO!!!

seeing a original robert johnson 78 being played back with a steel needle on a victrola

can't you just hear it screaming in paingrinning smiley

Date: September 3, 2022 01:58

ProfessorWolf
ProfessorWolf

seeing a original robert johnson 78 being played back with a steel needle on a victrola

Yes, the collector in me, and the lover of music in me would also be screaming in pain.

Cool you're also into the shellac. I know I have one from 1911 and I think one that is 1908. Just staggering to listen to something recorded from over 100 years ago.

Date: September 3, 2022 02:10

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
ProfessorWolf

Yes, the collector in me, and the lover of music in me would also be screaming in pain.

Cool you're also into the shellac. I know I have one from 1911 and I think one that is 1908. Just staggering to listen to something recorded from over 100 years ago.

yes or even just a measly 80 years ago too

know exactly what you mean

Date: September 3, 2022 02:25

oh god!

here's another one

i thought youtube had rules about posting videos depicting torture!winking smiley

seriously why do people pay thousand of dollars on these records to play them with steel needles at hundreds of grams

Date: September 9, 2022 03:17

ProfessorWolf
oh god!

here's another one

i thought youtube had rules about posting videos depicting torture!winking smiley

seriously why do people pay thousand of dollars on these records to play them with steel needles at hundreds of grams

Because they can.

Date: September 9, 2022 04:31

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
oh god!

here's another one

Because they can.

true enough

sadly

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home