Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Let's spend the night together movie
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 4, 2022 13:29

drbryant
I have this buried away somewhere on DVD. I didn’t like it very much when it first came out. But I find that I love the recent Hampton and Leeds releases. What’s the general consensus - are the two new releases better than LSTNT or is my memory faulty here?

It's different. The footage on LSTNT was shot on film so it's a very clear good looking Picture. Much better than Hampton which is very blurry. I Like the performances on LSTNT better than on Hampton. Especially the East Rutherford stuff is amazing and for me the best stuff that has ever been released.

But it is a film and it doesn't represent a concert. All songs have lots of cuts. They cut nearly 45 minutes on music through all songs. The cut intros, solos, verses and refrains. That why it feels strange to many people. I know this movie since I am a small child. Therefore I Love it like it is.

Sound is okay for the Arizona part but gets better for the New Jersey shows.

Date: September 6, 2022 04:41

There were other concerts filmed. I remember in DC there were cameras one of them right next to me down in front.

The guy told me he had filmed several shows.

My mother went to one of the shows. It is one of the most vivid memories I have from any of their shows from 81. Except the guitar bash in Hampton that is a real standout.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 6, 2022 05:50

padre69
Does the Japan blurays have an areacode?
it’s Region 2

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2022 06:02

DandelionPowderman
Weren't the masters deleted by Ashby?

Pretty sure that's a myth.

It seems 100% improbable that Mick (or The Rolling Stones, for that matter), would allow such a wigged out freak to have that kind of control.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2022 06:11

TheGreek
GasLightStreet
TheGreek
I wish the Stones would do a deep dive restoration of the Hal Ashby film and restore the songs to their entirety in time and length in how they were actually performed by the Stones , versus the highlights speeded up and edited to reduce the length of time for theatrical release . Hal Ashby is a good director , and all the Stones have to do is revisit the masters and restore to full length and proper speed .

I find it bizarre that https://www.timeisonourside.com/index2.html has no mention of what went down with the film (or 8 track versions of what few albums to boot in the album descriptions or live albums) of Mick wanting to have the band record from scratch in "the" studio a bunch of old cover songs along with whatever they played?

Am I remembering that right? Or close enough?
I remember this as well . Wow talk about you having a good memory !

LOL!

Mick wanted to replace whatever with them recording in the studio with old songs, Chuck Berry etc? To what, the live footage?

Seems beyond bizarre. Can you imagine Mick singing Let It Rock while the movie is showing Let Me Go?

Is that what he meant? It would take a lot of digging to find such a claim (not mine) but I do recall reading that (covers mainly I think) somewhere a long time ago.

Date: September 6, 2022 09:19

I've got suggested that audio from 13/12 Tempe on
Under My Thumb
Let's Spend the Night Together
Shattered
Neighbours
Twenty Flight Rock
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Honky Tonk Woman

East Rutherford 6/12 on
Going To A Go go
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
Hang Fire
Let It Bleed
Start Me Up

Has anyone ever done the 'song concert & date check'?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 09:36

midimannz
Under My Thumb
Shattered
Neighbours
Twenty Flight Rock
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Honky Tonk Woman

East Rutherford 6/12 on
Going To A Go go
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
Hang Fire
Let It Bleed
Start Me Up

It's very easy to identify which songs come from November 5 as Keith is wearing a white "shirt" while he's wearing a red one on November 6.

This is my impression:

Track listing
"Under My Thumb" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Let's Spend the Night Together" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Shattered" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Neighbours" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Black Limousine" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Twenty Flight Rock" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Let Me Go" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Time Is on My Side" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Beast of Burden" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Waiting on a Friend" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Going to a Go-Go" – (East Rutherford, 6 November 1981)
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" – (East Rutherford, 6 November 1981)
"Little T&A" – (East Rutherford, New Jersey, 5 November 1981)
"Tumbling Dice" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"She's So Cold" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"All Down the Line" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"Hang Fire" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"Miss You" – (East Rutherford, 6 November 1981)
"Let It Bleed" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"Start Me Up" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"Honky Tonk Women" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Brown Sugar" – (East Rutherford, 5 November 1981)
"Jumpin' Jack Flash" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Satisfaction" – (Tempe, 13 December 1981)
"Outro: Star Spangled Banner" Trad. (arr. Jimi Hendrix)

The German Version "Rocks Off" got When The Whip Comes Down from Tempe and got a different version of She's So Cold (from 6 November)!

nzentgraf and Wikipedia both have Satisfaction listed from 6 November but I am very sure it is from Tempe, the same version as from Still Life but without the overdubs. The instrumental part matches and the 6 November footage (Jagger topless) doesn't match to the audio!

Date: September 6, 2022 10:47

hockenheim95
midimannz
Under My Thumb
Shattered
Neighbours
Twenty Flight Rock
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Honky Tonk Woman

East Rutherford 6/12 on
Going To A Go go
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
Hang Fire
Let It Bleed
Start Me Up

It's very easy to identify which songs come from November 5 as Keith is wearing a white "shirt" while he's wearing a red one on November 6.

This is my impression:

Track listing

The German Version "Rocks Off" got When The Whip Comes Down from Tempe and got a different version of She's So Cold (from 6 November)!

nzentgraf and Wikipedia both have Satisfaction listed from 6 November but I am very sure it is from Tempe, the same version as from Still Life but without the overdubs. The instrumental part matches and the 6 November footage (Jagger topless) doesn't match to the audio!

Thank You. I'm going to have a go at making a version of this when I'm finished the last two 2022 shows I have remaining. Every clue will help determine if the audio on the movie is running at the correct speed, this is why the dates of each song performance is of interest to me

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 6, 2022 11:57

Taylor1
Because for the average fan the Stones would still be the Stones if any member left except Jagger.Had Keith gone to prison because of theCanadian drug bust , and Taylor or Clapton took his place the fans would still have considered them the Stones even though the most important creator of the music was gone.But they would not accept the band as the Stones without Jagger

I must say over and over again that I simply cannot imagine Eric Clapton as a band member of the Rolling Stones. He was a big star in his own right so why should he have joined a band where Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were the focal points? Does anybody really think he would have enjoyed such a role? Notwithstandig it was great that they were friends, and that he played from time to time with them.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home