Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Let's spend the night together movie
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2022 22:48

Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314
I'd bet my paycheck on it that a New Barbarians DVD set would sell a ton of copies.

Wooden Records and MRI Records might suggest you should be more cautious with that paycheck.

LOL

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 31, 2022 23:09

treaclefingers
wiredallnight
I have 5 different silver pressed DVDs of the movie. At least the very right one is a bootleg:

I have the second from the left, though the first one also looks very familiar. Was that maybe the original movie poster? Or maybe it was the laser disc cover?

i also have that one

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: September 1, 2022 07:40

treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314
I'd bet my paycheck on it that a New Barbarians DVD set would sell a ton of copies.

Wooden Records and MRI Records might suggest you should be more cautious with that paycheck.

LOL

Just finished listening to New Barbarians Buried Alive: Live in MD. To the poster who suggested the Stones wouldn't replace Mick but have Ronnie and Keith sing, I suggest a full listen to this record. The Mick-sung Stones tunes are brutal.

TeaAtThree

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 1, 2022 10:02

treaclefingers
wiredallnight
I have 5 different silver pressed DVDs of the movie. At least the very right one is a bootleg:

I have the second from the left, though the first one also looks very familiar. Was that maybe the original movie poster? Or maybe it was the laser disc cover?

The first two from the left are official releases, the first one is from 2006 and from the Netherlands because it has text in Dutch on the back cover and the Universal Music emblem. The 3rd and 4th look similar, one has text in Portugese on the back. No idea if they are official or bootlegs. The last one is from the bootleg label WOW (Way Of Wizards) in a digipack and has really bad picture quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-01 10:10 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 1, 2022 11:09

This is the Japanese bluray version I have, with proper speed and very hi-def sound & vision.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 1, 2022 11:55

wiredallnight
treaclefingers
wiredallnight

The first two from the left are official releases, the first one is from 2006 and from the Netherlands because it has text in Dutch on the back cover and the Universal Music emblem. The 3rd and 4th look similar, one has text in Portugese on the back. No idea if they are official or bootlegs. The last one is from the bootleg label WOW (Way Of Wizards) in a digipack and has really bad picture quality.

The Universal release from 2006 in conjunction with CANAL is a great release, crisp picture, solid sound and a nice set

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 1, 2022 14:31

I wish the Stones would do a deep dive restoration of the Hal Ashby film and restore the songs to their entirety in time and length in how they were actually performed by the Stones , versus the highlights speeded up and edited to reduce the length of time for theatrical release . Hal Ashby is a good director , and all the Stones have to do is revisit the masters and restore to full length and proper speed .

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 1, 2022 14:36

TheGreek
I wish the Stones would do a deep dive restoration of the Hal Ashby film and restore the songs to their entirety in time and length in how they were actually performed by the Stones , versus the highlights speeded up and edited to reduce the length of time for theatrical release . Hal Ashby is a good director , and all the Stones have to do is revisit the masters and restore to full length and proper speed .

I read here all raw footage has been destroyed by Hal Ashby. But yes, complete shows in this quality would be the holy grail for me. Same for the At The Max stuff. These two films both have the best visuals but poor editing.

Date: September 1, 2022 14:37

Weren't the masters deleted by Ashby?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 1, 2022 14:52

Time was I would have been yelling for an improved version of Hal Ashby's LSTNT...

...But these days we probably have available enough better testaments to that tour .

It's just not an issue.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 1, 2022 18:55

TheGreek

If you only want the music (not the pictures): All 3 shows that were used for the film (East Rutherford Nov. 5+6 & Tempe Dec. 13) are available in perfect stereo soundboard quality at correct speed and in full length.

Date: September 1, 2022 23:55

TeaAtThree
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314

LOL

Just finished listening to New Barbarians Buried Alive: Live in MD. To the poster who suggested the Stones wouldn't replace Mick but have Ronnie and Keith sing, I suggest a full listen to this record. The Mick-sung Stones tunes are brutal.

TeaAtThree

that was me and my response is

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 2, 2022 00:27

Ronnie running around the stage and Keith looking bewildered during Let Me Go, I think it was...best part of the whole movie.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 2, 2022 01:38

wiredallnight
treaclefingers
wiredallnight

The two similar looking dvd's are also bootlegs. I remember that in Basement News this dvd was mentioned and was called the first Rolling Stones bootleg on dvd.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 2, 2022 01:41

If they got cover shots of the band after 1982...it's a tip off...they're bootlegs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-02 01:42 by shadooby.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 2, 2022 01:43

mosthigh

This is the Japanese bluray version I have, with proper speed and very hi-def sound & vision.

I also have this Japanese blu ray, bought it years ago on Amazon.jp
It's fantastic! The first time I realy could enjoy this movie for the full 100%. The picture and sound are amazing and the sound is not too fast, or at least it wasn't so obvious anymore.

Date: September 2, 2022 02:37

again though i'd like to ask where i could get this blu ray for a good price?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2022 06:19

TheGreek

I find it bizarre that https://www.timeisonourside.com/index2.html has no mention of what went down with the film (or 8 track versions of what few albums to boot in the album descriptions or live albums) of Mick wanting to have the band record from scratch in "the" studio a bunch of old cover songs along with whatever they played?

Am I remembering that right? Or close enough?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2022 07:14

Here ya go PW .... thats a good price

Heck other than that it might be cheaper
ta fly to Tokyo and flog one from the nearest library ... HHHHAAAAA

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2022 07:29

Rockman

Here ya go PW .... thats a good price

Heck other than that it might be cheaper
ta fly to Tokyo and flog one from the nearest library ... HHHHAAAAA

yeah great advice rockman

but i've heard enough horror stories about the japanese criminal justice system that i'd prefer not to be that gaijin that goes to japan to steal from the local libraries only to get caught by the copswinking smiley

and what's with this version on cdjapan that's got a different cover and cost $27

is this the same version with a different cover?

do they ever restock them?

and why are these so expensive where they a limited release in japan?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2022 07:36

Let's Spend The Night Together Japanese Blu Ray will be reissued in October 2015.
This is a reissue of the OOP Blu-Ray appeared with Columbia Japan in September 2011 (COXY-1032)

Here ya go PW ... From Steve Hoffman site

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2022 08:00

thank you

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: September 2, 2022 08:27

ProfessorWolf
TeaAtThree
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314

LOL

TeaAtThree

ProfessorWolf, I stand schooled and corrected. Those are two solid versions. I saw the Wino's in Boston on the first tour and was blown away. (The New Barbs are still painful though....)

T@3

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 2, 2022 10:35

Does the Japan blurays have an areacode?

Date: September 2, 2022 11:18

TeaAtThree
ProfessorWolf
TeaAtThree
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314

LOL

TeaAtThree

ProfessorWolf, I stand schooled and corrected. Those are two solid versions. I saw the Wino's in Boston on the first tour and was blown away. (The New Barbs are still painful though....)

T@3

yeah the barbarians are an aquried taste

here's another one from ronnie

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 2, 2022 11:25

padre69
Does the Japan blurays have an areacode?

I don't think so. At least they work on both of my cheap players here in Germany.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 2, 2022 20:18

GasLightStreet
TheGreek

I find it bizarre that https://www.timeisonourside.com/index2.html has no mention of what went down with the film (or 8 track versions of what few albums to boot in the album descriptions or live albums) of Mick wanting to have the band record from scratch in "the" studio a bunch of old cover songs along with whatever they played?

Am I remembering that right? Or close enough?
I remember this as well . Wow talk about you having a good memory !

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 3, 2022 00:09

As a 16 y/o when I first discovered the Stones - mostly thru a ton of repeat viewings of this concert movie - they really did seem like gods and I never ever thought I'd get to see them live in real life.

Thankfully, I was 100% wrong and the evident joy they display at every show more than makes up for the fact that they are human (I think) like all of us.

Keep rolling, boys...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 3, 2022 13:40

wiredallnight
TheGreek

If you only want the music (not the pictures): All 3 shows that were used for the film (East Rutherford Nov. 5+6 & Tempe Dec. 13) are available in perfect stereo soundboard quality at correct speed and in full length.

If I could locate those tapes, I could do something interesting with my Japanese BluRay. When I’m finished with the 2022 tour videos

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 4, 2022 12:55

I have this buried away somewhere on DVD. I didn’t like it very much when it first came out. But I find that I love the recent Hampton and Leeds releases. What’s the general consensus - are the two new releases better than LSTNT or is my memory faulty here?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home