Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Let's spend the night together movie
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 29, 2022 21:54

Im sure someone determined the “correct” speed is on the BluRay. These days it wouldn’t be hard to slow the songs down using software. There are many on here who could do it

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 29, 2022 21:55

ProfessorWolf
DGA35
Also, it's been discussed here previously that the DVD version is a bit sped up compared to the original VHS. When I bought the DVD, it literally ruined it for me since the songs, which were already performed fast, were even faster!

i didn't know that

is it just the original vhs playing at the right speed?

does the original laserdisc and beta copies play at the same speed?

This is the only official release that I never bought. I know people love this tour but I thought it was tacky and drug driven. Never a fan of 81

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: August 29, 2022 22:00

I saw the full film in a proper movie theater last month, 35mm print. It was also too fast, almost painfully so.

It looks like the wrong speed is not the result of the digitalization process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-30 10:02 by TIRED.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 29, 2022 23:02

TIRED
I saw the full film in a proper movie theater last month, 16mm print. It was also too fast, almost painfully so.

so the vhs is played back to slow?confused smiley

also where did you watch it in a theater?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 01:20

ProfessorWolf
DGA35
Also, it's been discussed here previously that the DVD version is a bit sped up compared to the original VHS. When I bought the DVD, it literally ruined it for me since the songs, which were already performed fast, were even faster!

i didn't know that

I've never seen the laserdisc or beta versions, never owned either player. The DVD is 87 minutes long and I didn't dig up my VHS copy but I believe it was listed as around 92 minutes long. It was mentioned a few posts above that the blu ray seems to be the correct speed, which I'm guessing is the same speed as the VHS version. Regardless, they sure played some of the songs pretty fast during that tour, especially Let Me Go!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 30, 2022 02:03

The Japanese Bluray has the best quality and runs at the correct speed (not sped up). It's great.

Date: August 30, 2022 02:31

DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

I've never seen the laserdisc or beta versions, never owned either player. The DVD is 87 minutes long and I didn't dig up my VHS copy but I believe it was listed as around 92 minutes long. It was mentioned a few posts above that the blu ray seems to be the correct speed, which I'm guessing is the same speed as the VHS version. Regardless, they sure played some of the songs pretty fast during that tour, especially Let Me Go!

i just looked on ebay at a laserdisc & beta copy and they both say 94 minutes on the back

i have beta and vhs decks but don't have this for them will have to get a copy for both

love to find a laserdisc deck but there not to easy to find

also just checked the ced version and it also says 94 mins

but even i don't want a ced deckwinking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2022 04:40

DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

Ha...Laser disc. That brings back memories. I used to rent the player and the disc to see that back in the 80s!

Date: August 30, 2022 04:42

Rocky Dijon
Rockman
actly! I quite enjoy going to see Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones.

YEAH well nobody else could front The Rolling Stones ..... NOBODY

Not Terence Trent d'Arby? What about Roger Daltrey? How about Don Covay? Ah, 1986-1988 were a great time for rumors.

Imagine if post-DIRTY WORK albums had 2-3 Jagger vocals and the rest split between Keith, Ronnie, and Bill and maybe guest shots by Bobby Womack. That was also suggested by one reputable music magazine. What a thought.

Completely unfathomable.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: August 30, 2022 06:31

The Rolling Stones touring in the 80’s without Mick Jagger would’ve been a joke and a complete disaster. It could’ve gotten off the ground possibly, but it would’ve been as ridiculous as Jagger trying to do his solo show with all Stones songs with metal guitarists trying to find the soul in Keith’s riffs.

Date: August 30, 2022 06:44

nonfilter
The Rolling Stones touring in the 80’s without Mick Jagger would’ve been a joke and a complete disaster. It could’ve gotten off the ground possibly, but it would’ve been as ridiculous as Jagger trying to do his solo show with all Stones songs with metal guitarists trying to find the soul in Keith’s riffs.

but it would have probably been more interesting then micks solo tours

and i say that as a fan of his solo tours

i also doubt that keith would have attempted to even replace mick

more likely he and ronnie would have just taken turns singing the leads maybe bill too

perhaps bobby womack on a few numbers?

either way you really think a band with charlie and bill in it could be that bad even with out mick?

Date: August 30, 2022 10:02

ProfessorWolf
TIRED
I saw the full film in a proper movie theater last month, 35mm print. It was also too fast, almost painfully so.

so the vhs is played back to slow?confused smiley

also where did you watch it in a theater?

It was shown at the Filmmuseum in Vienna last July 12:
Filmmuseum Wien

Date: August 30, 2022 10:11

ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

i just looked on ebay at a laserdisc & beta copy and they both say 94 minutes on the back

i have beta and vhs decks but don't have this for them will have to get a copy for both

Film duration: there are at least two different versions of the movie.

The German version, originally titled "ROCKS OFF", had "When The Whip Comes Down" as second title, whereas it was missing entirely in the American version ("L.S.T.N.T.") and in the Italian version ("TIME IS ON OUR SIDE"). There are also other differences (e.g. in the backstage scene editing) between these versions which may affect the film duration.

I have often wondered why different countries had different film titles - all in English and all inspired by Rolling Stones songs.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 30, 2022 16:14

"released to cinemas on Friday, February 11, 1983--- Wikipedia"

I remember the exact night we went to see it. One or two days after it was released. It was a Sunday night and 3 inches of wet February snow was on the ground in Harvard Square. We saw it at the theater right in the center of Harvard Square.
It opens up great with Keith doing Under My Thumb, then Mick coming in after about 40 seconds. The only thing I did not like was Mick wearing that stupid (USA type) football jersey.

Date: August 30, 2022 16:46

ProfessorWolf
nonfilter

more likely he and ronnie would have just taken turns singing the leads maybe bill too

either way you really think a band with charlie and bill in it could be that bad even with out mick?

Well, as nonfilter notes, a disaster and disasters are tragic but can be nonetheless interesting, so you're both right I guess.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 21:54

TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

The German version, originally titled "ROCKS OFF", had "When The Whip Comes Down" as second title, whereas it was missing entirely in the American version ("L.S.T.N.T.") and in the Italian version ("TIME IS ON OUR SIDE"). There are also other differences (e.g. in the backstage scene editing) between these versions which may affect the film duration.

I have often wondered why different countries had different film titles - all in English and all inspired by Rolling Stones songs.

Didn't know about the different versions, but we're talking about the regular LSTNT movie so the DVD runs 7 minutes faster than the old VHS/beta, etc. Would love to get a copy of the bluray!

Date: August 30, 2022 22:13

I think they replaced Mick on the New Barbarians tour.

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
nonfilter

Well, as nonfilter notes, a disaster and disasters are tragic but can be nonetheless interesting, so you're both right I guess.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 30, 2022 22:28

georgemcdonnell314

Interestingly, in 25x5 Mick justifies launching a solo career by referencing The New Barbarians. Egos can be fascinating to watch.

Date: August 30, 2022 23:39

I'd bet my paycheck on it that a New Barbarians DVD set would sell a ton of copies.

Rocky Dijon
georgemcdonnell314

Interestingly, in 25x5 Mick justifies launching a solo career by referencing The New Barbarians. Egos can be fascinating to watch.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 31, 2022 00:08

DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

Didn't know about the different versions, but we're talking about the regular LSTNT movie so the DVD runs 7 minutes faster than the old VHS/beta, etc. Would love to get a copy of the bluray!

If you're a fan of the 1975–1982 version of the band, I cannot recommend the Japanese Bluray of "Let's Spend The Night Together" enough. The movie was filmed on 70/65 mm film stock* and the transfer done for the Bluray is spectacular, It's like you're on stage with the band. And the Bluray runs at the correct speed.

*[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: August 31, 2022 01:53

MrEcho
DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

If you're a fan of the 1975–1982 version of the band, I cannot recommend the Japanese Bluray of "Let's Spend The Night Together" enough. The movie was filmed on 70/65 mm film stock* and the transfer done for the Bluray is spectacular, It's like you're on stage with the band. And the Bluray runs at the correct speed.

*[en.wikipedia.org]

oh yeah i'm interested

but where can i get it?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 31, 2022 07:42

ProfessorWolf
MrEcho
DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

*[en.wikipedia.org]

oh yeah i'm interested

but where can i get it?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

I have it and it really is fantastic.

Date: August 31, 2022 08:19

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
MrEcho
DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

*[en.wikipedia.org]

oh yeah i'm interested

but where can i get it?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

thanks

great price too

but it's sold out

do they restock them from time to time or is it just gone there?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 31, 2022 08:28

ProfessorWolf
hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
MrEcho
DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

*[en.wikipedia.org]

oh yeah i'm interested

but where can i get it?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

thanks

great price too

but it's sold out

Ohh sorry, I didn't saw it was sold out. I ordered it there in April 2021 for the same prices but I don't know how long it was available.

Date: August 31, 2022 11:44

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
MrEcho
DGA35
TIRED
ProfessorWolf
DGA35
ProfessorWolf
DGA35

i didn't know that

*[en.wikipedia.org]

oh yeah i'm interested

but where can i get it?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

thanks

great price too

but it's sold out

Ohh sorry, I didn't saw it was sold out. I ordered it there in April 2021 for the same prices but I don't know how long it was available.

that's ok

thanks anyways

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 31, 2022 13:36

Wasn't the speed issue something related to the old PAL / NTSC formats of VHS cassettes?

C

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 31, 2022 16:20

liddas
Wasn't the speed issue something related to the old PAL / NTSC formats of VHS cassettes?

C

No, this time not!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 31, 2022 16:46

I have 5 different silver pressed DVDs of the movie. At least the very right one is a bootleg:

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 31, 2022 22:14

georgemcdonnell314
I'd bet my paycheck on it that a New Barbarians DVD set would sell a ton of copies.

Wooden Records and MRI Records might suggest you should be more cautious with that paycheck.

Date: August 31, 2022 22:46

wiredallnight
I have 5 different silver pressed DVDs of the movie. At least the very right one is a bootleg:

I have the second from the left, though the first one also looks very familiar. Was that maybe the original movie poster? Or maybe it was the laser disc cover?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home