Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) - Official Lyric Video
Date: August 14, 2022 03:11

Doxa
TheflyingDutchman
What do you expect from the current Rolling Stones, Doxa?

Nothing. But doesn't take anything out of how great "Doo Doo Doo', and its new video, is.

- Doxa

Agreed. smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 14, 2022 03:28

Hairball
Doxa is completely "Out of Control" with his irrational ramblings and insults...he should consider anger management...

Again: "At least they have a great past to live off of - especially from the first 20 years of their history. Looking forward to the next compilation"

Looking forward (or backwards) to the next compilation and/or vault release which would include dozens of live shows such as the incredible El Mocambo release.
My biggest hope is for an official release of either Vredenburg or Stockholm Cirkus from the summer of 2003 - they were incredible to be at in person.
And of course there's dozens of shows from the Mick Taylor era that could be given a deserved official release....they could focus on that era alone for at least ten years.

So sweet. I hope your if your dream come true, it won't be destroyed by the cruel fact that they haven't released a new album for 358 years. Like with this new "Heatbreaker" video.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-14 03:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2022 03:30

358 years and counting...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 14, 2022 09:54

treaclefingers
Hairball
Cool video, but kind of strange putting so much time and effort in to making a video for a song that was recorded 50 years ago.

Maybe another compilation is on the way...a video compilation..."The Official Lyric Video Series"...

Well I was wondering the same...it's been two years since they released GHS deluxe, could have been better timed with that as well.

This stuff keeps dropping quite regularly. I guess the only real purpose is to have people click on this clip instead of a privately uploaded one of the same song.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 14, 2022 10:09

Doxa
TheflyingDutchman
What do you expect from the current Rolling Stones, Doxa?

Nothing. But doesn't take anything out of how great "Doo Doo Doo', and its new video, is.

- Doxa

And that's the whole point. There's absolutely no need to pollute each and every aspect of the Stones' doings with attempts to discuss the absence of a new album of originals since, oh ...god knows when.

If "redundancy" must be given a different name, "Hairball" would be an excellent candidate...

Date: August 14, 2022 17:09

I always loved this song, but way deep down I think I sort of felt that it was a little bit labored. I'm into James Brown, Sly, and Memphis Soul, where it flows w/o boundaries. I think I used to actually listen to the '73 Live versions of 'Heartbreaker' more than studio version. Always thought the funk jam was a little lead footed.
But playing this video clip...it's so f*kin good. Jagger is on fire; the clavinet, but especially Charlie on those Ton Tom fills.

It was in another thread, and the topic was 'Dirty Work" - I hav now come to realize that it is the absence of Charlie , which damages DW more than anything.

Date: August 14, 2022 17:58

Gloomy vibe this song has.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-14 18:11 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: August 14, 2022 21:46

TheflyingDutchman
Gloomy vibe this song has.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "gloomy vibe", but some of the Stones greatest tunes have some form of a dark/gloomy vibe - whether it's the lyrics, the music itself, or a combo of both.
Sympathy for the Devil, Gimme Shelter, Paint it, Black, etc., etc., etc...even their one and only recent tune Living in a Ghost Town could be described as "gloomy" with it's Covid theme - including the official gloomy video.
As for Heartbreaker, I've always loved it, and part of what grabs me is the danger (or dark/gloomy vibe) that the lyrics evoke. And of course musically it's outstanding from start to finish - no video necessary imo.

Date: August 15, 2022 00:30

Maybe this helps.

Date: August 15, 2022 02:04

That video has been around a while, but not sure what it helps though...maybe it helps some people feel the gloomy vibes? Listening to the song alone can convey those vibes - at least for me it does.
The lyrics coupled with the menacing music evokes vivid imagery of sadness, danger, violence, despair, and heartbreak, etc., etc., etc...i.e. gloomy vibes...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home