Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith on the Simpsons - Behind The Scenes
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 23:53

pretty funny:

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Mick and Keith on the Simpsons - Behind The Scenes
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 12, 2022 06:39

Luv the the behind the scenes with Keef!
Thanks for posting

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 12, 2022 07:50

Loved it! Probably my favourite episode of The Simpsons!

Thanks for sharing the link!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 12, 2022 10:44

in the commentary for the episode they mention that that mick and keith came in to record there lines separately

mick came in first and brought someone to do keith's dialogue with him

and apparently it was a pretty good keith impression because when they brought keith in they played him it and he joked "that's good you should use that"

also keith wanted to make his own smoking noises for the episode so they had to find something for him to use as a ashtray

i can't remember what but it was something funny

Date: August 12, 2022 11:05

spanish keith richards

some (but far from all) stones refrences in the simpsons

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: August 12, 2022 12:58

Very nice! Thank you!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 13, 2022 04:40

Great! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 13, 2022 13:10

Too funny! Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 13, 2022 13:15

A good episode from a time when the quality was really beginning to wane.

I watched a repeat recently: the episode when Homer and Marge attend a marriage counselling weekend and Homer catches the elusive catfish, General Sherman. What an earth happened to this great show? It was a huge part of my 1990's childhood.

Date: August 13, 2022 16:30

as someone who has watched for the last 25 years (since i was 6) the last season was actually a marked improvement in quality NOT a return to the quality of the 90's (or even 15 years ago) but a welcome improvement

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 13, 2022 16:48

ProfessorWolf
as someone who has watched for the last 25 years (since i was 6) the last season was actually a marked improvement in quality NOT a return to the quality of the 90's (or even 15 years ago) but a welcome improvement

The consensus seems to be that the show dipped during it’s eighth season. The plotlines were becoming silly and extravagant: Homer in space, fighting a heavyweight boxer, Maggie shooting Mr. Burns, etc. I don’t recollect if these were all from the same season, though.

My own fandom started early in the series’ life, circa 1990. It’s a peculiar thing: our household didn’t have satellite television, yet I was obsessed: Bart t-shirts, lunchboxes, toys, etc. Bart really was the star in the beginning. My parents would rent the very-early VHS releases. The show wouldn’t air on terrestrial television until 1996, when the BBC bought the rights to air season one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-13 16:51 by Big Al.

Date: August 13, 2022 16:49

also what happened to it has a name

al jean

since he became showrunner there's been a slow but steady drop in quality

and since disney is never gonna let this show go off air anytime soon they spent WAY to much money for it there no reason it has to be so bad

so i hold out hope that they'll get someone in there that actually cares about the show and can do it justice going forward

also a personal opinion of mine is that the show should perpetually be kept as existing sometime between 1989 and 2000

it really does feel weird and awkward for the show to take place in 2022

i mean i think marge and homer's current back story has them as millennials and that just dosen't work at all for me

and enough with the constant endless celebrity guests

Date: August 13, 2022 17:16

Big Al
ProfessorWolf

The consensus seems to be that the show dipped during it’s eighth season. The plotlines were becoming silly and extravagant: Homer in space, fighting a heavyweight boxer, Maggie shooting Mr. Burns, etc. I don’t recollect if these were all from the same season, though.

My own fandom started early in the series’ life, circa 1990. It’s a peculiar thing: our household didn’t have satellite television, yet I was obsessed: Bart t-shirts, lunchboxes, toys, etc. Bart really was the star in the beginning. My parents would rent the very-early VHS releases. The show wouldn’t air on terrestrial television until 1996, when the BBC bought the rights to air season one.

some of my earliest memories are of the simpsons (camp krusty) and when i was teething i apparently had to chew on the head of a bart doll and would become very upset without it

and besides doggie my other first word was bart

i even have a large box of tapes that my mom made starting in 1990 recording new episodes when they aired on my local fox affiliate q13

have bought every available dvd boxset and have hundreds of issues of the comics too

which if your not familiar with you should read

many of them are better written and funnier then the the last ten or so seasons

but personally i think the show was still very funny until about season 19 after 20-21 is when the quality really noticeably dropped off

but the latest season gives me hope that it can get better

not as good as it was in the mid 90's though

nothing can be as good as the simpsons was in the mid 90's

NOTHING

(except maybe exile on main streetwinking smiley)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home