Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Matt Lee Featured on Rolling Stone Magazine's Website
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 10, 2022 18:33

Loved the article! When I watched the video of Out of Time from Madrid, it brought tears to my eyes. I’ve been a fan since 1964 and to see that wonderful song performed live for the first time was epic and deeply moving.

Matt, I wonder, when and where was the shot of you and Charlie taken? A great pic!!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 10, 2022 21:31

DaveG
Loved the article! When I watched the video of Out of Time from Madrid, it brought tears to my eyes. I’ve been a fan since 1964 and to see that wonderful song performed love for the first time was epic and deeply moving.

Matt, I wonder, when and where was the shot of you and Charlie taken? A great pic!!

I was so glad I didn’t stop recording… I watch the Madrid Out of Time and Berlin Fool to Cry the most.

It was taken on Valentine’s Day at the 100 Club in 2001. The only ever time I asked him for a picture.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 11, 2022 00:51

Matt, if this isn't too personal, do you and Ronnie still hang out regularly, on tour and off? Do you still sell his artwork to fans? The article says your friendship continues to this day. I know he has been an important part of your journey, your involvement with the band. I didn't know you actually produced his live album.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 01:03 by angee.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 11, 2022 01:11

Great article and recognition of one of IORR's best. May there be many more shows in the future for you to film for us. Cheers, Matt smileys with beer

Date: August 11, 2022 03:13

2007 was the first time Ronnie called me and we spent 6 hours together…. My golden years were the five years following. The story of the album is in the forthcoming deluxe edition of Hot Stuff which includes Solo sections for each Stone. It’s a great story… I pitched Ronnie the idea while driving him from his home where I had spent the afternoon into central London. The funniest part was when the driver of a car next to us at a traffic light assumed it wasn’t Ronnie in my beat up diesel gold and having rolled down his window proclaimed “you look like Ronnie Wood you do!”.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: August 11, 2022 11:59

Great read Matt visiting your museum was one of the biggest highlights from my trip over to the UK .Might see you downunder next year .

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2022 13:36

Congrats, Matt. I only have one question. It might be a bit impertinent so you don't have to answer it if you don't want to.
- Do you make a living out of these Stones related activities or do you have a regular job on the side?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 11, 2022 14:06

Stoneage
Congrats, Matt. I only have one question. It might be a bit impertinent so you don't have to answer it if you don't want to.
- Do you make a living out of these Stones related activities or do you have a regular job on the side?
Your question is answered by the article.
He has a marketing business.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 11, 2022 15:38

Whale
Stoneage
Your question is answered by the article.
He has a marketing business.

Is that what the article actually says? Hmmmm.....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: August 11, 2022 17:25

Thanks, Matt! Yes, that is funny! smiling smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 11, 2022 18:00

Stoneage

The truth is when I first moved to London I was on £1,175 take home pay a month with rent and bills that consumed 90% of that. I began autograph hunting as a source of free entertainment, kind of like fishing but sharpies are cheaper than tackle. In 2008 I started a marketing agency with a buddy and £1,000 that became three agencies today employing just shy of 200 people. We sold the group in 2021.

The museum is free, my book is low cost etc... The Rolling Stones is how I chose to spend my money and share my passion.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 11, 2022 18:32

mattleeuk
Stoneage

The truth is when I first moved to London I was on £1,175 take home pay a month with rent and bills that consumed 90% of that. I began autograph hunting as a source of free entertainment, kind of like fishing but sharpies are cheaper than tackle. In 2008 I started a marketing agency with a buddy and £1,000 that became three agencies today employing just shy of 200 people. We sold the group in 2021.

The museum is free, my book is low cost etc... The Rolling Stones is how I chose to spend my money and share my passion.

I appreciate what you do for the fans. Wish I could go to your museum.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 12, 2022 09:37

Nice read, Matt.

Date: August 12, 2022 15:46

NashvilleBlues

You are always welcome... now the tour is over and I am around more it is open by appointment. Maybe for those that can't travel I could do a cabinet by series of short videos.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 12, 2022 17:38

mattleeuk
NashvilleBlues

You are always welcome... now the tour is over and I am around more it is open by appointment. Maybe for those that can't travel I could do a cabinet by series of short videos.

Thanks, man! I'd like to travel to London, but I don't know if that'll happen. The short videos would be fantastic! I'd love that!

Date: August 12, 2022 17:53

NashvilleBlues
mattleeuk
NashvilleBlues

Thanks, man! I'd like to travel to London, but I don't know if that'll happen. The short videos would be fantastic! I'd love that!

Ditto!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2022 21:47

Cool Matt congrats thumbs up

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: August 13, 2022 13:48

Excellent article. My wife at first didn't want to attend this year's Vienna show, but after viewing Matt's video of "Out Of Time" from Munich she changed her mind, which sent me on a quest for an extra ticket to an already sold-out concert. (Thankfully I succeeded, and we had one hell of a time together.) Way to go, Matt! smiling smiley

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 13, 2022 14:42

mattleeuk
NashvilleBlues

Hi Matt,I have next week free and can easily get to London. It would be great to visit your museum and to meet you. Is that possible?

Date: August 13, 2022 15:45

Harlem Shuffler
Hi Matt,I have next week free and can easily get to London. It would be great to visit your museum and to meet you. Is that possible?

Yes, I am around at the moment, a few work commitments but just email / Facebook / Insta / whatsapp me

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 17, 2022 09:44

mattleeuk
Harlem Shuffler

Yes, I am around at the moment, a few work commitments but just email / Facebook / Insta / whatsapp me

UPDATE: I visited the museum yesterday and it didn’t disappoint. In fact it was a gas! Thank you so much for your time Matt and for all the information you gave me.

If anyone else here has a chance to go, do it!

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 17, 2022 11:33

Matt's museum is amazing place. I am still watching my pix I did my mobile to discover new stuff. I spent there an hour but I missed Bill's showcase so I have reason to come back.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 17, 2022 12:13

bisonvodka
Matt's museum is amazing place. I am still watching my pix I did my mobile to discover new stuff. I spent there an hour but I missed Bill's showcase so I have reason to come back.

Could you maybe share some pics of the museum?

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 17, 2022 13:59

henrik87
bisonvodka

henrik87 quality of my pics would be not enough to express feeling of that place and value of presented artefacts. Anyway I sent you mail.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 17, 2022 14:45

henrik87
bisonvodka

There is a separate IORR thread, and also IORR editorial pages, with pictures, about the museum. See the IORR news entry "Jun 6: Hot Stuff Archive - Stones Museum in London".

Hot Stuff Archive
The Rolling Stones Museum in London
by Matt Lee

(links to the forum thread in the article above)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 18, 2022 08:00

Great article!
Congrats Matt for your integrity!
I had the chance to see part of your amazing collection when you opened your house during the 2018 UK tour, the prequel of your current museum, which I wish to visit someday!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-18 08:01 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 18, 2022 12:42

mattleeuk
2007 was the first time Ronnie called me and we spent 6 hours together…. My golden years were the five years following. The story of the album is in the forthcoming deluxe edition of Hot Stuff which includes Solo sections for each Stone. It’s a great story… I pitched Ronnie the idea while driving him from his home where I had spent the afternoon into central London. The funniest part was when the driver of a car next to us at a traffic light assumed it wasn’t Ronnie in my beat up diesel gold and having rolled down his window proclaimed “you look like Ronnie Wood you do!”.

Great story. So funny. Thanks for sharing.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home