Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries Celebrating Charlie Watts at the Blue Note in NY
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 1, 2022 23:31

Nice review.
i was also there for the last night late night.
Went to Roger Waters the night before so I was still a little fried spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

Sat at the bar and Bernard and Tim were sitting in the corner right next to me when I arrived.
They seemed to be having a serious conversation, so I did not interrupt them and just gave them a smile and head-nod.

Also, during the set with the other bass player on stage,
Daryl came and sat at the bar and was watching attentively.
Then Sasha comes over to him and says hello.
So sweet to see all these players in an intimate setting.

The show was pleasant and nice tribute to Charlie,

Re: Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries Celebrating Charlie Watts at the Blue Note in NY
Posted by: z ()
Date: September 2, 2022 07:47

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 3, 2022 19:01

Honky Tonk Women
Lady Jane
Miss You
Wild Horses
Satisfaction

maybe some other songs I'm forgetting

Went to the early show on Wednesday evening... Lovely evening in The Village.

Good show. The show was billed as Tribute to Charlie Watts. Of the songs played, I thought that "Honky Tonk Women," sounded most like the songs and style of jazz that Charlie himself loved to play -- boogie-woogie and swing.

Other than HTW and a few remarks and anecdotes from Tim and Bernard about Charlie, the show was similar to what Tim Ries plays in his Rolling Stones Project, which I saw last year in the East Village.
Some of the songs that they played were the same as last year's gig... like "Lady Jane", which is not a song that comes to mind as an example of Charlie Watts! I think billing the show as a tribute to Charlie was mostly a good marketing angle by Tim to sell more seats to the show... As was having Bernard and Daryl play the gig.

I sat and ate my burger before the show started. After someone in a Stones shirt was seated, I could see the club's owner chuckling as sang, "Tears must be cried / Let's do some living / After we die". (I correctly took this as a spoiler alert... That they were gonna play "Wild Horses". )

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-04 18:19 by schillid.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 4, 2022 10:19

short video of wild horses

another short clip of satisfaction
video: [m.youtube.com]

Date: September 8, 2022 03:32

satisfaction

from matt lee

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 8, 2022 07:17

ProfessorWolf

This isn't the first night early show because if it was I would be in the video. This was shot behind where I sat.

Date: September 8, 2022 10:45

daspyknows
ProfessorWolf

This isn't the first night early show because if it was I would be in the video. This was shot behind where I sat.

thanks

it was hard to tell

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home