Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hyde Park 1 vs. Hyde Park 2
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 8, 2022 01:39

I attended both (and they are all I did on the SIXTY Tour). My initial impressions were; HP1 = one of the greatest Rolling Stones concerts I have been at (I saw 32 between 1989 and 2022)/HP2 = it has some moments but somewhat disappointing mainly for the lame setlist (Angie, Like A Rolling Stone and You Got Me Rockin’) and Keith being mostly off.

I rate HP1 much higher than HP2. I have noticed, however, some forum members have the opposite view for whatever reason.

For those who were at both nights — what do you make of them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 08:20 by RisingStone.

Re: HP1 vs. HP2
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 8, 2022 02:12

Whew!

I thought this thread was going to be about 2 new strains of the human papillomavirus.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2022 02:57

Shit thought Keeeeef had instigated a
taste testing debate over HP brown and HP fruity

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 08:16 by Rockman.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 8, 2022 04:24

I was at Hyde Park 2 - loved it of course! But Keith didn't seem exactly right. Sympathy seemed a real mess from a guitar point of view. I love Get Off of My Cloud - but SFM is a far superior opener.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 8, 2022 07:17

Oh, Hyde Park. I had HPV and also wondered if there was a new strain.

Re: Hyde Park 1 vs. Hyde Park 2
Date: August 8, 2022 08:22

eye rolling smileyHmm…okay, I changed the thread titlesmiling smiley

Date: August 8, 2022 08:25

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ROCKMAN

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: August 8, 2022 08:45

Hyde Park 1 was better than Hyde Park 2.
But they both were much less good than Brussels and Paris.

Benjamin.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 8, 2022 09:36

#1 was a better performance, but I also loved the setlist changes for #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 12:46 by Topi.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 8, 2022 12:43

I was at 2. Nowhere near as good as Anfield. However I was about half a mile from the stage. Guitars definitely not as good as Liverpool. Set list also not brilliant.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: August 8, 2022 20:37

No 1 for me and that was in general admission I was in vip for 2nd one.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 8, 2022 20:53

HP 2 better .Loved the set list.
Both shows were amazing though.
Overall I am a Ketchup man myself.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 8, 2022 21:03

benstones
Hyde Park 1 was better than Hyde Park 2.
But they both were much less good than Brussels and Paris.

Amen.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 8, 2022 21:44

Hyde Park 1

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 8, 2022 23:23

I saw nine shows this tour. All from the pit. Also saw both HP shows. For me they were both great, but HP1 was the winner. The love between Mick and Keef as well as the overall joy of being home made this a very special show. But I would rate HP2 as a joint second along with Paris and Berlin. All magnificent shows, and for me a very narrow victory.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 8, 2022 23:46

well probably both not nearly as good as berlin waldbühne. my best stones show ever. EVER! (and that doesnt mean HP1&2 were not great, but berlin was out of this world)

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 8, 2022 23:47

Loved both, great setlists but HP2 was more about the crowd. Way more alive. Just fantastic.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 9, 2022 00:03

It was a really good atmosphere and crowd at HP2. I was missing with Covid for HP1 so no direct comparison but I thought they played better at Liverpool than HP2. Massively enjoyed both.
And, Rockman, I am of the strong belief that Keith would only eat HP original.

Date: August 9, 2022 00:26

..... yeah i totally agree Lady Jayne ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 9, 2022 01:15

Hp1 was better

Posted by: xpensivewino ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:55

I didn’t see the HP1 show but I thought HP2 in the diamond pit was incredible. Also thought it was a great set list.

I agree with the positive comments about the crowd at HP2, for me it was a far better atmosphere than Anfield in the diamond pit a few weeks earlier.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: August 9, 2022 18:49

HP1.

Date: August 11, 2022 02:34

vertigojoe
I was at 2. Nowhere near as good as Anfield. However I was about half a mile from the stage. Guitars definitely not as good as Liverpool. Set list also not brilliant.

xpensivewino
I didn’t see the HP1 show but I thought HP2 in the diamond pit was incredible. Also thought it was a great set list.

I agree with the positive comments about the crowd at HP2, for me it was a far better atmosphere than Anfield in the diamond pit a few weeks earlier.

These two posts indicate how different the way a show is perceived can be depending on a person and the area he or she was in.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 11, 2022 02:44

+1 for HP2. Great from the Diamond pit. I can see being a bit disappointed in gold circle or farther back as Keith didn't venture out that way all night. Band was in such a fun relaxed mood, crowd was jumping from the first notes of GOOMC and the weather was perfect. I enjoyed getting LARS and YGR instead of an extra ballad or Ghost Town(which I like but had seen enough)...though Keith ripped the intro of CYHMK at HP1 - best Keith moment in a long time!

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: August 11, 2022 11:12

Hyde park one was great .the weather, the band was on form ,Mick said at least three f bombs v happy .Had not seen them since 2014 could not get over how focussed an great Keith was .Hyde two also great setlist .26 hours of flying to get there from CHCH NZ hope they get down this way April

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 11, 2022 18:25

RisingStone
vertigojoe

xpensivewino

These two posts indicate how different the way a show is perceived can be depending on a person and the area he or she was in.

I totally agree and it isn't just about money spent and being close to the stage. I was in the pit at Liverpool when I thought the band played the best out of the two shows I went to and I did greatly enjoy it. But there were quite a few obnoxious drunks in Keith's side of the pit that night which definitely took the edge of my enjoyment. At HP2 I was at the back of Gold so not a great view but the crowd around me were all lovely and the atmosphere was great. I didn't think the band were on quite the form they played at Anfield but it was a magical evening.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: August 11, 2022 18:28

My (extremely edited) review of HP1 and HP2 runs in the new (September) edition of Record Collector magazine or you can see it here [onlyrockandroll.london]

It is part of a double page spread shared with Kris Needs review of HP2 with some cool colour pics

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 11, 2022 18:42

Hyde Park 1 was my fav over the two. I feel like HP 2 would give HP 1 a run for it's money if they had played MLH instead of LAR and played OOC over YGMR... I really enjoyed Angie, but to take it a step further I'd have preferred Fool to Cry over Angie. Those three changes would have been pretty epic.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 11, 2022 20:40

I attend HP 1. It was a great show, but Brussels and Paris were much better.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 12, 2022 03:03

Paris was up there. Brussels not so much.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home