Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:07

I think the only thing that matters is their health. Here’s hoping that all’s well thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:16

bv
From my understanding, there is a non-critical issue that keeps them from committing to the tour this summer, at this stage. No worries. They just need to look into options of doing these shows after summer, i.e. fall time.

Building a tour plan is a complex task. It is a big puzzle of venues, logistics, crew, band members, weather, time of year, and other details. Hopefully they will be able to reschedule for a tour later this year.

And please remember, nothing was announced, so there are no shows to cancel.

I hope this is true!

But seems concerning they would scrap an imminent announcement this Friday for a summer tour (as tentative as it may have been), to look instead at dates in the Fall.
Hopefully it's just some logistical issues..........

Big Al
I think the only thing that matters is their health. Here’s hoping that all’s well thumbs up

Yes - nothing else matters. Health is wealth.thumbs up

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:18

That's about right...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:22

Big Al

smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:26

"non-critical" is the best news of the day for sure ! It's odd such a hurdle would have popped up at the last minute like this, you'd think they would have dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s !

Since some here have claimed is was not related to the new album they could still go ahead and release it in the June timeframe and let people be familiar with the new tunes before they hit the road.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:59

iorr guys...may not like it...i don't like conditionals....
I don't like how the story turned out .... unfortunately there's not much time left ...
be good...

Posted by: michaelried ()
Date: February 15, 2023 21:12

Why has it been cancelled, does anyone know the reason
All the best to everyone

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: February 15, 2023 21:21

BV, question: I am a little bit confused on the "cancelled" "might be rescheduled". Does that mean that it might be on for the summer or that it might be moved to the fall OR that nothing that it means no more touring? Sry. You know... always a worried soul smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 15, 2023 21:32

michaelried
Why has it been cancelled, does anyone know the reason
All the best to everyone

The announcement has been canceled. The tour looks like it’s just postponed not canceled

Date: February 15, 2023 21:37

My radio was just playing Moonlight Mile

I am a little bit concerned

Please keep us updated BV

Thx and god bless them

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 15, 2023 21:41

Maybe it's something trivial? Maybe they want to release the new album before the tour and something got delayed? Vinyl pressing plants quees are getting longer these days.

Date: February 15, 2023 21:47

hope you are right

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:20

If you have not read everything posted here lately then please start with the latest IORR News entry, then click on the link to this thread, which will take you to the top of page 74 of this thread, link below:

[iorr.org]

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, except for the fact that they could not announce the tour this summer now. Hopefully they will find time etc to fit the shows in later this year, fall time.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 22:21 by bv.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:44

I feel upset, they have given us so much and obviously wanted to give us more but something outside of their control has put the future in doubt.
I'm just so proud they wanted to tour again knowing they would both become 80 this year.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:53

Thanks,BV for setting the record straight AGAIN!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:54

Read what BV has said and chill out. This is par for the course with the Stones in the 2020's. Let all hope for the best and not lose our minds.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:00

franzk

Maybe it's something trivial? Maybe they want to release the new album before the tour and something got delayed? Vinyl pressing plants quees are getting longer these days.

As posted here - [iorr.org] - I don't think that the 'Vinyl delay' is the issue - because Universal Music books manufacturing capacities in advance to have 'free hand' for major releases.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:03

No need to think about the worst, at least not at this stage since nothing indicates it.

But it is undeniable that a tour in the fall (September - October) is close and far at the same time because time passes and yes they are old.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:16

it's good to hear it's not a critical issue thanks bv

i'm just speculating but bv mentioned sometime back that he was hearing about dates for as late as september and as early as june which lead to speculation about a possible 4 month tour

but maybe what that wide range of dates meant is that they we're already keeping there options open about whether or not to tour in late spring/early summer or late summer/early fall for reasons only known to them

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:22

ProfessorWolf

i'm just speculating but bv mentioned sometime back that he was hearing about dates for as late as september and as early as june which lead to speculation about a possible 4 month tour

but maybe what that wide range of dates meant is that they we're already keeping there options open about whether or not to tour in late spring/early summer or late summer/early fall for reasons only known to them

Sounds possible.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:34

And now "nothing to worry about", keeps getting better ;-) Must be some kind of financial issue then as someone had speculated earlier, again though it's odd that they would have left it so late and also sad that it could be a blocking point at this stage but it's "show business" and if you can't "charge"" as much as you used to or feel you need to and don't need the money, well...Support cast must be non-plussed too!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 23:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:50

ProfessorWolf

Good point.

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 00:17

Chillax all. This forum from BV is our special insider trusted and respected space. Nothing has ever been public news or official announcements.
Book our hotels early, there’s usually no cancel penalties when cancelled early.
Just follow the posts, enjoy the likelihood our boys will be touring USA this year and be ready to book flights and grab tickets when the official announcements are made. Be ready for our presale ticket codes or whatever and I’ll see us all on the road. I’m usually attend 80-90% of the States cities.
Just waiting’ on a friend…. And most important… health of our brothers is first… and all else works out well.
And we will all be satisfied Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 00:18 by Pvk2.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 16, 2023 01:17

Wonder what happened. So is the tour not happening this year? Or just a fall tour instead?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 16, 2023 01:33

bv
If you have not read everything posted here lately then please start with the latest IORR News entry, then click on the link to this thread, which will take you to the top of page 74 of this thread, link below:

[iorr.org]

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, except for the fact that they could not announce the tour this summer now. Hopefully they will find time etc to fit the shows in later this year, fall time.

If there is “absolutely nothing to worry about”, why is there’s no explanation as to why the announcement is cancelled?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 16, 2023 01:51

Harlem Shuffler
bv

[iorr.org]

If there is “absolutely nothing to worry about”, why is there’s no explanation as to why the announcement is cancelled?

Because - officially - there is no tour and therefore no announcement. There was never an announcement of an announcement either.

LOTS of bands place hold dates and book shows that never happen. I get informed of them from time to time as well.

I guess you can try writing the band a letter and asking?

Me? Not worried. Now my other plans aren't being held up buy what someone might do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 02:05 by Dan.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: February 16, 2023 01:52

My guess is a health concern. Non critical can easily become critical. Remember they thought Charlie was going to recover.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 16, 2023 03:45

rbp
My guess is a health concern. Non critical can easily become critical. Remember they thought Charlie was going to recover.

Cut it out. Geez

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: February 16, 2023 04:11

An announcement to cancel an announcement feels like a Monty Python sketch.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2023 04:14

Thanks to Bjornulf for all the years he's maintained this forum and for his inexplicable patience during this era of entitlement and willful ignorance.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home