Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:00

deeeskannnie
Deathgod
I’m hearing album couldn’t be pressed until September
Hence delays

eye popping smiley really?? confused smiley

It's not at all implausible.

Vinyl has become VERY popular among the young. The demand has overwhelmed the resources to press albums. I seem to recall that Taylor Swift and Adele both had scheduling problems with pressing their latest albums to vinyl.

So if The Rolling Stones want their new album to be available on all popular media at the same time, then it could well be the cause of a delay.

STRESS. I have no idea whatsoever regarding the real cause of the delay. All I'm commenting on is that vinyl pressing delays have happened recently, so it's plausible.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:01

Christiaan
Topi
I don't actually even mind if it gets pushed back to the fall. Would ideally be able to combine it with hockey games and even Bruce shows. We'll see what happens.

Ideally to combine with hockey and one Bruce?? To my mind comes first, and always FIRST:

THE ROLLING STONES

All the other is from miner importance, if it fits with my HEROES, then it’s okay. Never let my plans interfere with one Bruce or hockey, although I’m certainly not saying that I would pass on hockey nor on one Bruce spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Thank you for that comment. What I meant was killing two (or three) birds with one stone, pun intended.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:03

hockenheim95
Deathgod
Hence delays

Sorry I don't believe this. The Stones have so much money! They don't need to shift a tour because of pressing delays!

I have a few friends in the record business and if we are talking about real records - that is vinyl - yes, there is a problem to have a big amount printed real fast. Doesn't work.

However - there will be a new album. We just have to wait - and we will. Saving my money for October.

Date: February 15, 2023 13:08

I hear you on saving money! grinning smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:19

It has nothing to do with the new album.

Mathijs

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:21

Topi
I don't actually even mind if it gets pushed back to the fall. Would ideally be able to combine it with hockey games and even Bruce shows. We'll see what happens.

well, the newly announce Springsteen dates surely tell us when/where the Stones won't perform

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:22

Topi
I hear you on saving money! grinning smiley

You spend it in the end...

Date: February 15, 2023 13:25

Of course, can't take it with you. But saving up.

Date: February 15, 2023 13:26

Mathijs

Mathijs

Thank you Mathijs, your word is trusted. Hope and pray all will be well in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 13:41 by makemeburnthecandle.

slewan
Topi

well, the newly announce Springsteen dates surely tell us when/where the Stones won't perform

Bruce won't have a band left by the time October comes around!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 13:26 by Topi.

Mathijs

Mathijs

Maybe it has to do with an old album? Automatic changer?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:34

roma1927
Topi
roma1927
I really hope it's not a health issue involving mick, keith or ronnie. but such a quick cancellation just a few days after the official announcement is not a good sign. anyone know anything more?

Remember there never was an official announcement - yet.

I believe that if they had to announce the tour on Friday, the album is ready. let's remember that mick, ronnie and keith are very old. evidently one of them is not able to handle a tour. I remember ronnie's health problem in 2017. In my opinion after the medical checks something didn't go right.

My thoughts exactly, Ronnie did well to tour last year but it was against the odds statistically, i was very surprised when the talk started of a new tour this year as i hadn't seen Ronnie in the media out and about in person since his wife Sally swam the channel in August.
Question is if Ronnies not well will Mick and Keith continue like they did when Charlie wasn't well and they replaced him with Steve Jordan.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:40

Deathgod

Hence delays

I don't think that the 'Vinyl delay' is the issue.

Universal Music was recently able to put out 240,000 7"-Singles for Paul McCartney and 160,000 Color-Vinyls for the RS Mono-Box. Universal Music books manufacturing capacities in advance - [Variety.com] .
The complaints about the Vinyl delay often come from Sony Music.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2023 13:55

Oh, this is disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing some great shows and seeing a few people. Hoping all are healthy and (trying very hard to find something positive here) at least Bjornulf will be home for strawberry season.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:42

wupperstein
I think the reason is that the new album is not finished.

Date: February 15, 2023 14:38

Christiaan
retired_dog

This topic started Dec.9/2016/// 598 pages later: today Jan. 2023? Nothing!
I should say: Wait and see.

They'll wait with the announcement 'til we reach page 600 to celebrate our longetivity. Mark my words!

My reaction to quote Retired Dog:

No it will be at yes thousand (1000!!!!) pages hot smiley

Way beyond 600 pages, but a long way to go to 1000 pages.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:42

It's not a problem with the "new" record"...

Date: February 15, 2023 14:43

Topi
Christiaan
Topi

Ideally to combine with hockey and one Bruce?? To my mind comes first, and always FIRST:

THE ROLLING STONES

All the other is from miner importance, if it fits with my HEROES, then it’s okay. Never let my plans interfere with one Bruce or hockey, although I’m certainly not saying that I would pass on hockey nor on one Bruce spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Thank you for that comment. What I meant was killing two (or three) birds with one stone, pun intended.

Just joking, I did understand this…. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:43

Strawberries - ah!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:44

Given their ages, I can’t imagine the Stones would postpone another lucrative tour because of record pressing delays. I admit I’m worried about their health…

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:50

An article on shortage of manufacturing capacity for vinyl via Jack White from 2022 [thirdmanrecords.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:52

My God. Thoughts, prayers, and all the positive energy and vibes I can muster to the 3 of them!!!!!

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:54

I share in the worries that some of the comments and the sudden change in plans hint at. Hopefully they all will be well!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:56

sad smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 15, 2023 15:10

Wow, we were so close...it has to be really "bad news" to cancel what would have taken months to plan.

bv mentioned there would be more news but since they hadn't announced the "Press Conference" or whatever it was they had planned, it doesn't seem they would comment on a cancellation.

All the required info (tour dates, album name, etc...) would have been given to the press ahead of time though so they'll be asking questions and have to be "fed" something.The tabloids are going to jump on this...

Sending positive thoughts to one and all !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 15:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 15, 2023 15:32

If the tour is postponed to the fall, we are going to see an 80-year-old Mick live on stage…if it really happens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 15, 2023 15:33

Well... damn.
Most importantly, concern for the band members health.

Beginning to think Vancouver's cursed... fingers crossed for the fall.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: February 15, 2023 15:38

BV,

Are you allowed to say what cities were going to get shows on this tour?

Thank you

Date: February 15, 2023 16:24

thumbs up No health concerns - if you follow the Stones family closely on Insta, there is nothing to worry about. Plenty of stories in the past 3-4 weeks with Keith, Mick and Ron - all of them are doing just fine. Just wait it out and keep it cool. cool smiley

Date: February 15, 2023 16:33

schwonek
thumbs up No health concerns - if you follow the Stones family closely on Insta, there is nothing to worry about. Plenty of stories in the past 3-4 weeks with Keith, Mick and Ron - all of them are doing just fine. Just wait it out and keep it cool. cool smiley

It's a bit daring to say that, if you don't know for sure, imo.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 16:49

Not exactly sure Instragram photos shared with the entire world are really an accurate window into private and personal things like health. If only social media was an accurate portrayal of anything..... Obviously, the bands health and well being is all of our maim concerns. Starting to look like the concert gods really don't want our boys touring the US in the Summer anymore. Fall dates in the US lead to many of the same problems we discussed in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Definitely do able but have to work around NFL schedules and possible cold weather for the Midwest and East Coast.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home