Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2023 13:38

Better weather in Brazil in December. São Paulo averages +26 C. Better than Munich in early Junuary!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 7, 2023 13:45

Topi
Better weather in Brazil in December. São Paulo averages +26 C. Better than Munich in early Junuary!

of course – but I wasn't so much thinking about the weather but more about close to x-mas

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 7, 2023 13:48

Lien
According to journalist José Norberto Flesch, The Rolling Stones will tour Brazil later this year.

Flesch says that more details will be released soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

[www.letsgo.tur.br]

Translation by DeepL:

According to journalist José Norberto Flesch, The Rolling Stones will tour Brazil later this year.

Flesch says that more details will be divulged soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

The legendary veteran band currently features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, as well as backing musicians. And in Charlie Watts?s place is Steve Jordan, who was nominated by Watts himself when he had to leave some shows to take care of his health. But unfortunately Charlie could not survive the hospitalization and passed away at the end of last year.

How can we trust the media source that delivers such blatant misinformation?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 7, 2023 14:26

DiegoGlimmerStones
@jnflesch on Twitter:

Shows confirmados para 2023 no Brasil!

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Roger Waters
Rod Stewart
My Chemical Romance
Ed Sheeran
Shawn Mendes
The Rolling Stones

"Announcements coming soon"

[twitter.com] [www.instagram.com]

I will celebrate only if it's proven true, as a similar information from him started spreading last year, concerning to concerts in Brazil/SA in December 2022.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: January 7, 2023 14:36

Has anyone heard if the next tour will be Stadium only? It’s probably safe to assume, but I really wish they would play some smaller venues.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2023 14:47

slewan
Topi

of course – but I wasn't so much thinking about the weather but more about close to x-mas

They have been touring until December 18 (Vancouver Canada 1994) and December 15 (Newark NJ 2012). In 1997 they did a show Dec 12 in ST Louis USA and then a holiday break until Jan 5 where they kept touring from Jan 5 and on. There is no problem to tour first half of December.

Bjornulf

Date: January 7, 2023 15:03

TrulyMicks1
Has anyone heard if the next tour will be Stadium only? It’s probably safe to assume, but I really wish they would play some smaller venues.

With a rumored guaranteed fee of almost 10 million dollars, good luck pricing tickets to an arena if you're a promoter trying to make a dollar and a cent yourself.

They will be playing the biggest venues possible.

Date: January 7, 2023 15:04

slewan
Topi

Just call your boss and ask for a longer Xmas holiday!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 7, 2023 15:08

TrulyMicks1

they ended the last two tours in smaller venues so it seem possible they'll do the same for this tour

Date: January 8, 2023 00:04

MUSICTRENDS Colombia
@musictrendscol Some of the artists/bands that have active negotiations or already concrete concerts in South America (including Colombia ) for 2023 and early 2024 are:

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. My Chemical Romance
3. The Rolling Stones
4. Rammstein
5. Madonna

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 8, 2023 01:42

smoking smiley

Date: January 8, 2023 15:37

ProfessorWolf
TrulyMicks1

they ended the last two tours in smaller venues so it seem possible they'll do the same for this tour
yeah the hard rock florida prices they will not get away wit that in europe, let alone south america. Waldbuhne was to compensate for Bern. Low cost due the venue owned by promoter, no own stage, and higher than normal ticket prices would make it a good value. But I think if Bern had gone ahead they would not have done Waldbuhne.

Date: January 8, 2023 16:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack
ProfessorWolf
TrulyMicks1

yeah the hard rock florida prices they will not get away wit that in europe, let alone south america. Waldbuhne was to compensate for Bern. Low cost due the venue owned by promoter, no own stage, and higher than normal ticket prices would make it a good value. But I think if Bern had gone ahead they would not have done Waldbuhne.

I never believed the story that Waldbühne was a compensation for the canceled show in Bern. Bern was canceled after Jagger cought Covid on June 13th. The show at Waldbühne was announced on June 23rd and tickets went on sale on June 29th. Although you are right that the promotor runs Waldbühne I doubt that it was possible to organize the show within just 10 days. They didn't need to build up their normal stage but the had to get the permission to play the venue (Berlin authority's have to agree (and nothing in Berlin goes fast)). Finding venues at short notice wasn't easy in post-covid summer when everyone was touring. There was (and still is) also a shortage of personel (technicens, security, drivers etc). Contracts were needed, too, and so on. Therefore I'm pretty sure they had that show in the pipe long before it was announced and long before Jagger caught Covid and Bern was canceled.
Maybe someone remembers that view from outer space on Europe which the Stones posted shortly before the announcement of the tour (still on [iorr.org], just scroll down a little bit). There's one tongue pictured north of Vienna and a lot of people (including me) thought that it was for Prague. But it seems more likely that it was for Berlin but not placed correctly (same goes for Liverpool – the tongue seems to be rather where Manchester is located).

Date: January 8, 2023 17:27

I have it on good authority that both a show in Helsinki and a show in Warsaw were cancelled - for known reasons. (And replaced by Paris and Gelsenkirchen).

As far as where the tongues on that map were, even the "Helsinki tongue" was a bit off.

So that "middle Europe tongue" could have been Warsaw as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-08 17:30 by Topi.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 8, 2023 18:18

smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2023 18:50

Haha, that 'Helsinki' tongue is almost on the border of Finland and Russia.. (no wonder they cancelled it...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-08 18:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 8, 2023 19:17

And the “Liverpool” tongue is not even on Manchester location. More like Sheffield!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 8, 2023 19:28

TrulyMicks1

Don’t know but think so since it looks like summer tour.

Date: January 8, 2023 19:40

Topi
I have it on good authority that both a show in Helsinki and a show in Warsaw were cancelled - for known reasons. (And replaced by Paris and Gelsenkirchen).

Helsinki was canceled, of course (I'm not so sure that there was a show planed for Warsaw).
But if you look at that map you posted – there are tongues at Helsinki AND Glesenkirchen AND Paris. Therefore it seems unlikely that Helsinki was been replaced by Gelsenkrichen or Paris.

Date: January 8, 2023 19:50

Yeah, I don't know for sure what was exactly replaced by what, but the number of tongues on the map is 15, and London had 2 shows. So that's 16 shows "on the map" so to speak.

At the initial announcement on March 14 there were only 14 shows over 13 cities. That means two cities fell out.

Don't believe me if you don't want to, but the source that specifically mentioned both Helsinki and Warsaw was a very, very reliable one - but simply out of respect I won't disclose it.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it: from what I gathered, the planned Helsinki date was July 15. Helsinki would have been their first show since the 60th anniversary of their first gig.

Anyhow - we're straying off topic here. Time to concentrate on the 2023 shows. smiling smiley

Date: January 8, 2023 20:47

Topi
Yeah, I don't know for sure what was exactly replaced by what, but the number of tongues on the map is 15, and London had 2 shows. So that's 16 shows "on the map" so to speak.

At the initial announcement on March 14 there were only 14 shows over 13 cities. That means two cities fell out.

Don't believe me if you don't want to, but the source that specifically mentioned both Helsinki and Warsaw was a very, very reliable one - but simply out of respect I won't disclose it.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it: from what I gathered, the planned Helsinki date was July 15. Helsinki would have been their first show since the 60th anniversary of their first gig.

Anyhow - we're straying off topic here. Time to concentrate on the 2023 shows. smiling smiley

well, I don't doubt your source but I'm not conviced by the replancement theory. But on the other hand it's possible that they f*ucked up that map, mixed it al up and therefore the maps shows shows that were already not on the table anymore as well as shows that were meant as replacements.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 8, 2023 22:17

Topi

Interesting.
July 15 was the Vienna date also. Seems like they did alot of last minute changes.

Date: January 9, 2023 06:48

Yes, of course the deck had to be reshuffled. Logistics etc.

Date: January 9, 2023 06:50

40x5 Tributo Bar on Instagram:

We return to the United States to see the biggest show on the planet, the one that in Europe 2022 left everyone speechless.
Last year we were in Madrid, Liverpool, Milan, London and Brussels, and it was one show better than the other.

The new tour is scheduled to start in May-June and there are no confirmed cities yet.
We believe that New York City will be in the game and that they will play in a fantastic arena where they have never played before.

The USA 2021 tour did not go through 5 cities that had been announced in 2020 and canceled due to a pandemic.
Vancouver, (Canada), San Diego, Louisville, Cleveland and Buffalo. We'll see if they're still in the plans.

As we said before, we also want the Stones to play in the fabulous Chicago, stunning San Francisco, packet Boston, New Orleans and some of the ever-joyful state of Florida.

Could Mexico be annexed this time to the North American section or will it continue to be part of the Latin American section? There is no less information to think about this: The 2026 World Cup is set to be played in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

And after the USA? We already left our sentence in a featured story. There we mark a time line taking November 20, 2023 as a random day. And we risked it, by then we already received them for the fifth time, or we have the tickets in our pockets.
But it's just a fervent desire decorated with intuition and the best of vibes.

In the meantime, if you have the chance to give yourself the treat of your life, let's go see them where they became the biggest band in the world.

Walking and singing through Central Park, even though people think we're crazy...

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 9, 2023 07:20

If NYC is in play and an arena they’ve never played before wouldn’t that be the new one in Queens where The Who played last fall? What is it USB Arena or something? That’s an interesting choice.

Date: January 9, 2023 10:21

Not sure what the 2026 World Cup has to do with the Stones tour of 2023.

But...

Rehearsals in April/May

Tour start in May/June

And so on and so forth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 10:37 by Topi.

Date: January 9, 2023 10:37

RisingStone
Lien

Flesch says that more details will be released soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

[www.letsgo.tur.br]

Translation by DeepL:

Flesch says that more details will be divulged soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

The legendary veteran band currently features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, as well as backing musicians. And in Charlie Watts?s place is Steve Jordan, who was nominated by Watts himself when he had to leave some shows to take care of his health. But unfortunately Charlie could not survive the hospitalization and passed away at the end of last year.

How can we trust the media source that delivers such blatant misinformation?

I don't see misinformation. That was exactly what happened, according to the press release. They planned for Charlie to get well again, and Charlie recommended Steve to temp for him. Unfortunately, Charlie didn't recover sad smiley

PS: He died in August, I'll give you that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 10:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 9, 2023 10:52

DiegoGlimmerStones

We return to the United States to see the biggest show on the planet, the one that in Europe 2022 left everyone speechless.
Last year we were in Madrid, Liverpool, Milan, London and Brussels, and it was one show better than the other.

The new tour is scheduled to start in May-June and there are no confirmed cities yet.
We believe that New York City will be in the game and that they will play in a fantastic arena where they have never played before.

The USA 2021 tour did not go through 5 cities that had been announced in 2020 and canceled due to a pandemic.
Vancouver, (Canada), San Diego, Louisville, Cleveland and Buffalo. We'll see if they're still in the plans.

As we said before, we also want the Stones to play in the fabulous Chicago, stunning San Francisco, packet Boston, New Orleans and some of the ever-joyful state of Florida.

Could Mexico be annexed this time to the North American section or will it continue to be part of the Latin American section? There is no less information to think about this: The 2026 World Cup is set to be played in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

And after the USA? We already left our sentence in a featured story. There we mark a time line taking November 20, 2023 as a random day. And we risked it, by then we already received them for the fifth time, or we have the tickets in our pockets.

In the meantime, if you have the chance to give yourself the treat of your life, let's go see them where they became the biggest band in the world.

Walking and singing through Central Park, even though people think we're crazy...

[www.instagram.com]

so bv can we still trust these folks?smiling smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:03

Isn’t May a bit cool then to start tour. Especially outdoors.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:08

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

Some of this language seems rather cryptic, perhaps intentionally so. Or perhaps we just need a better translation of the Spanish.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home