Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 7, 2022 04:12

hockenheim95
Topi
Chicago 2013 wasnt a "large venue/stadium" that slewan is looking for. It was United Center.

Then again, the Paris venue, La Défense Arena, is essentially a roofed rugby stadium that holds 40K for concerts, much bigger than an "arena"

If Paris 17 doesn't count it's probably La Plata 2016 and Tokyo 2014.[/quote

It sure feels like a 19000 seater I'd say! RELEASE the ParisIII show NOW!!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 7, 2022 08:07

Paris 2017 does count. And yes, they need to release one of those shows, preferably the second as it was the best.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 7, 2022 09:51

Agree, great show.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 8, 2022 23:23

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am SICK of stadium shows! That's all I have to say....except I long for arena shows where weather is NOT an issue and there are far fewer drunks!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 8, 2022 23:29

mickschix
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am SICK of stadium shows! That's all I have to say....except I long for arena shows where weather is NOT an issue and there are far fewer drunks!

and no daylight shows!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: December 8, 2022 23:36

Paris 2017 were 3 shows in brandnewU arena,
Agree they were special. Look at this one:https://youtu.be/PPRCPiSpDPc][/url] From 'ole ole ole' to special recovery at 6:50.Hope it works

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2022 23:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 9, 2022 00:16

That was a good one, Rockeee.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 9, 2022 01:21

mickschix

Oh arena shows have drunks u can’t get away from it.

Date: December 9, 2022 02:34

YEAJH Annie ........... It sure was ...... XX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 9, 2022 10:47

mickschix

I prefer stadium shows over arena shows unless there would be a superior setlist for arena shows like in 2002/3 and 2012/13.

Date: December 9, 2022 11:35

Never seen an arena show, but I don't expect to. With the way the tour economics are now, it's just not happening.

The smallest venue I ever saw the Stones play at was the Waldbühne back in 2014.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: December 9, 2022 14:24

I hate stadium shows! Lucky to have seen the Stones in various sizes of venues over the years and they're the only band I've ventured into a stadium to see since 1976. I doubt if there will be any more arena shows, but this band has proved my forecasts wrong on multiple occasions over the years (although I was close in guessing Bill's replacement).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2022 20:02

edit: wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-09 20:03 by Hairball.

Date: December 11, 2022 20:57

Topi
Never seen an arena show, but I don't expect to. With the way the tour economics are now, it's just not happening.

The smallest venue I ever saw the Stones play at was the Waldbühne back in 2014.

with perhaps the occasional one-off theater show as at Hard Rock a year ago. And evidently, that was a good show economically for the Stones. They wouldn't have done it otherwise.

plexi

Date: December 11, 2022 21:14

timbernardis
Topi

with perhaps the occasional one-off theater show as at Hard Rock a year ago. And evidently, that was a good show economically for the Stones. They wouldn't have done it otherwise.

plexi

same is true for Berlin in 2022 – except for the fact that the Stones really delivered at Waldbühne

Date: December 11, 2022 21:59

timbernardis
Topi

plexi

You only have to look at the ticket prices for that Hard Rock Live show, it adds up. GA floor was what, a grand, face value?

That's almost double the face value pit prices at US stadium shows.

And that, exactly, was my point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-11 22:01 by Topi.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 11, 2022 23:42

timbernardis
Topi

plexi

It sucks for the average Florida concert goer but that venue is now the go-to spot for stadium level acts in the area. Wouldn't be surprised if the Stones play there again.

Date: December 12, 2022 09:34

slewan
timbernardis
Topi

plexi

same is true for Berlin in 2022 – except for the fact that the Stones really delivered at Waldbühne

except that Waldbuhne was about the same size as a larger arena, 22,000, whereas Hard Rock was 7,000.

plexi

Date: December 12, 2022 09:35

Topi
timbernardis
Topi

plexi

You only have to look at the ticket prices for that Hard Rock Live show, it adds up. GA floor was what, a grand, face value?

That's almost double the face value pit prices at US stadium shows.

And that, exactly, was my point.

Face was $1,200 I believe for pit.

plexi

Date: December 12, 2022 09:43

With the fees, yes. So there you have it. If they did an entire arena tour with the guarantees they demand, I'm afraid that's the ballpark for best tickets. Face.

Springsteen prices, the same ones we so bemoaned in that other thread, are peanuts compared.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-12 09:59 by Topi.

Date: December 12, 2022 12:05

timbernardis
slewan
timbernardis
Topi

plexi

except that Waldbuhne was about the same size as a larger arena, 22,000, whereas Hard Rock was 7,000.

plexi

I was referring to the fact that both shows were economically good for the Stones but only Berlin also good for the audience

Date: December 12, 2022 15:22

40x5 Tributo Bar
CONFIRMED x 40x5 Tribute Bar:

"The greatest band of all time kicks off a world tour
with a new album in 2023 and the start is in the United States."

Source: IG

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-12 15:26 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 12, 2022 16:47

IORR News Oct 24 ...

Oct 24: The Rolling Stones Tour 2023
The Rolling Stones are expected to continue their highly successful touring next year, to support their new studio album, currently being in the mixing stage. The latest rumour is another tour in North America, starting in the spring. See the IORR thread Stones tour plans 2023

Bjornulf

Date: December 12, 2022 16:58

Yes, our Argentinian friends are just rehashing that same thing.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 13, 2022 05:55

I suppose I'll continue reading these posts not that the 2023 tour concerns any of us southern backwater countries...

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 13, 2022 05:56

...WOW!! .... does your land have water ???? ....hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 13, 2022 06:09

Rockman
...WOW!! .... does your land have water ???? ...
.hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

It's not fair it's our turn.I've told ya before a, if it wasn't for us New Zealander's there would be no Rolling Stones those Northeners up there seen to forget that, a Rockman

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 13, 2022 06:41

Probably debating which island ta go to ....
Mick wants to be up top ....Keef down south ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 13, 2022 06:53

DGA35
Paddy
Mick - You can Ski
Keef - Weed is Legal, primo weed.
Ronnie - There’s plenty of landscapes for you to paint.

Please visit the wonderful city of Vancouver,

Mick, you can ski in the morning then go sailing in the afternoon!

And the Commodore Ballroom is the perfect place for that club show to kick off a tour… (Provided I made it in, it would be perfect!)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home