Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 17, 2023 16:03

To tour or not to tour, i say tour ProfessorWolf. But BV has already told us no tour this year.
Yes definitely no politics is a fantastic haven here, absolutely agree 100%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 16:06 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: May 17, 2023 21:53

Spring 2024 in the U.S. is the current plan. There are currently no plans for any performances in 2023.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2023 22:15

BFR

Spring 2024 in the U.S. is the current plan. There are currently no plans for any performances in 2023.

Looks like that "Daryl to remain available from August 2023" - [iorr.org] - was old news from the rescheduling phase.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2023 23:37

Irix
BFR

Looks like that "Daryl to remain available from August 2023" - [iorr.org] - was old news from the rescheduling phase.

I had a feeling that was the case.
Bummer there's no plans until spring 2024, especially if that means delaying the "new" album even further! On the bright side, at least there's still talks of a tour at all, and hopefully that eventually bodes well for releasing the album..it's gonna be a long wait though.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 18, 2023 01:59

Still makes sense for sales to release the album at christmas

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2023 02:47

Bashlets
Still makes sense for sales to release the album at christmas

Yes perhaps, but if it turns out there will be no tour in 2024, they could push the release of the album to 2025 or 2026 with hopes of a tour to coincide...you know, to help build up the anticipation after all these years...
The plan might backfire though if they continue to delay, and there's a possibility nobody will care about a new Stones album except a handful of diehards on IORR and other fan sites - they'll be lucky to sell 500 copies!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Just received an email from the Stones with the subject line "Get Ready for Summer with the Stones" eye popping smiley

Opened it with a bit of anticipation, but alas..major false alarm - they're just trying to sell off some lazily designed tongue t-shirts, and a bunch of other junky merch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-18 02:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 18, 2023 11:13

keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv
It is very simple. As a moderator, I have to read everything posted on IORR. The more rubbish the more work. I may delete rubbish, I may delete access. One day IORR will be closed, because it takes too much time...

That will be a very sad day for many here.

Very true.. I've seen 2 or 3 twenty + year band forums shut down in the last 5 years because of petty bickering and tired moderators. We don't realize how lucky we are to have this space until it is gone.

Be honest mate, the bickering here at the moment is non existent, probably the nicest time ever to post on iorr, say what you think without everyone being offended or ask that you don't have an opinion.

Sorry but i don't see any fighting going on here these days, I think a lot of people have stopped posting because someone found what they posted offensive, more likely our moderator will call it a day when the traffic stops, we need opinions to keep the traffic, otherwise it becomes a picture book like Facebook.

Totally agree. Very little bickering right now.Certainly much better than 6-8 months back when some of it was poisonous.

I think much of it has to do with a kind of dawning realisation that the end of the band, even in its current 'greatest hits' phase, is nigh. In a sense there is nothing much left to argue and snipe about. The tyranny of time passing is too powerful even for The Stones.

I saw another posting somewhere on this thread about possible band activities in 2025 and 2026. Come on! If 2023 is problematic, then 2-3 years from now is totally out of the question. Mick and Keith would both turn 83 in 2026. Ronnie would be approaching 80. And, however much some fans might want to believe that the band can still fire on all cylinders, that will not happen. And I suspect that the arch pragmatist, and consummate businessman, that Mick Jagger is, fully realises that. And does not want to sully the band's name by delivering less-than-perfect performances.

Personally I doubt that The Stones would EVER deliver a poor performance. But any significant deviation from what we have come to expect from them would be a real shame.

Go out ON TOP. Not as a merely decent, or average, band. But as the best.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 18, 2023 11:36

...If they had chosen to go out on top they should have stopped after the 1981/82 tour. They didn't, to the delight of many fans here and millions of concertgoers.
But I would argue with anyone claiming they have been on top ever since.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 18, 2023 11:56

Stoneage
...If they had chosen to go out on top they should have stopped after the 1981/82 tour. They didn't, to the delight of many fans here and millions of concertgoers.

Okay let’s argue.

…I’m joking.

But seriously, the way I see things is, they have been on top from time to time even after 1982, if not all the time.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 18, 2023 13:18

Stoneage

EXACTLY !!

In the end, that's all that matters. I was one of those concertgoers, and I'm hardly gonna say that I didn't like this show or didn't like that show because Ron played a lesser solo on some song or other as compared to in 1982 - ffs !! That's idiocy !!

We can be honest perhaps, and say that versions of particular songs that they performed 40 years ago and still perform today we either like slightly more or slightly less for whatever reason(s), but why can we not merely be content and be thankful for the fact that as of last year - they were still out there !!??

Good enough for me !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 18, 2023 15:52

paulywaul
Stoneage

EXACTLY !!

In the end, that's all that matters. I was one of those concertgoers, and I'm hardly gonna say that I didn't like this show or didn't like that show because Ron played a lesser solo on some song or other as compared to in 1982 - ffs !! That's idiocy !!

We can be honest perhaps, and say that versions of particular songs that they performed 40 years ago and still perform today we either like slightly more or slightly less for whatever reason(s), but why can we not merely be content and be thankful for the fact that as of last year - they were still out there !!??

Good enough for me !

thumbs upthumbs up Amen to that

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 18, 2023 16:48

Hairball
Yes perhaps, but if it turns out there will be no tour in 2024, they could push the release of the album to 2025 or 2026 with hopes of a tour to coincide...you know, to help build up the anticipation after all these years...
The plan might backfire though if they continue to delay, and there's a possibility nobody will care about a new Stones album except a handful of diehards on IORR and other fan sites - they'll be lucky to sell 500 copies!

Logically if they wait for 2026, they might as well hold on until the 70th Anniversary in 2032 or 2033. Mick and Keith will be 90 in 2033 (that's only 630 years old in dogs' years). I'm sure Mick will still be in great shape and Keith will have been sober for about 12 years so he'll be playing like it's 1965 again.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2023 17:14

Yes. Let's talk about 2033 for a while. For it is a human number.

Oh, the anticipation after all these dog years!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 18, 2023 17:17

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Logically if they wait for 2026, they might as well hold on until the 70th Anniversary in 2032 or 2033. Mick and Keith will be 90 in 2033 (that's only 630 years old in dogs' years). I'm sure Mick will still be in great shape and Keith will have been sober for about 12 years so he'll be playing like it's 1965 again.

now i think your joking

but if there all still alive and kickin' then maybe they could do a show (not a tour) like what willie nelson just did

invite as many artist as want to come and give tribute to them and then mick, keith and ronnie come onstage for a couple songs at the end

doesn't seem completely impossible

if any band could do itwinking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-18 17:19 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:05

[youtu.be]

After 60+ years, I have no expectations. After 60+ years, they must be tired of them. I’ll take whatever comes - with gratitude.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:21

Rocky Dijon

You're joking, of course. Charlie has passed, and I wouldn't be surprised if another has by then. This is very morbid, but reality, surely?

Date: May 21, 2023 01:07

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv
It is very simple. As a moderator, I have to read everything posted on IORR. The more rubbish the more work. I may delete rubbish, I may delete access. One day IORR will be closed, because it takes too much time...

Very true.. I've seen 2 or 3 twenty + year band forums shut down in the last 5 years because of petty bickering and tired moderators. We don't realize how lucky we are to have this space until it is gone.

Be honest mate, the bickering here at the moment is non existent, probably the nicest time ever to post on iorr, say what you think without everyone being offended or ask that you don't have an opinion.

Sorry but i don't see any fighting going on here these days, I think a lot of people have stopped posting because someone found what they posted offensive, more likely our moderator will call it a day when the traffic stops, we need opinions to keep the traffic, otherwise it becomes a picture book like Facebook.

Totally agree. Very little bickering right now.Certainly much better than 6-8 months back when some of it was poisonous.

I think much of it has to do with a kind of dawning realisation that the end of the band, even in its current 'greatest hits' phase, is nigh. In a sense there is nothing much left to argue and snipe about. The tyranny of time passing is too powerful even for The Stones.

I saw another posting somewhere on this thread about possible band activities in 2025 and 2026. Come on! If 2023 is problematic, then 2-3 years from now is totally out of the question. Mick and Keith would both turn 83 in 2026. Ronnie would be approaching 80. And, however much some fans might want to believe that the band can still fire on all cylinders, that will not happen. And I suspect that the arch pragmatist, and consummate businessman, that Mick Jagger is, fully realises that. And does not want to sully the band's name by delivering less-than-perfect performances.

Personally I doubt that The Stones would EVER deliver a poor performance. But any significant deviation from what we have come to expect from them would be a real shame.

Totally agree GérardHennessy, and they really were ON TOP against all the odds in Berlin last year, what a way to bow out if that were the case. It's almost ignorant to plan ahead to next year and beyond at their ages and also considering Ronnie and all the trouble he has endured.
Keith in 2021 was asked about future plans and what lies ahead for the Stones, this was in LA when the Stones had just landed, he was angry with the question from the press at the airport, he said we're just trying to make the next moth#^*king gig and stormed off leaving Mick and Ronnie slightly embarrassed.
But it spoke volumes, the pressure was getting to Keith and it was at this point or maybe a couple shows later Keith's performances went into decline on that 2021 tour, possibly because Charlie was gone, who knows but i think it a bit of a liberty for fans to expect any more tours at this stage. Both Mick and Keith are 80 this year, it's hard to imagine them sustaining that sort of energy to deliver the performances expected beyond this age, maybe the odd show but unlikely a tour.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 21, 2023 02:52

All I want is ONE more show. And I’ve been saying that since 1978. When Nancy and I left Hyde Park #2 last year, I knew it could be the last one. It just never gets old.

Date: May 21, 2023 03:38

From Metrópoles - News portal website

Rolling Stones will return to Brazil for the 5th time in 2024

One of the greatest rock bands of all time, the Rolling Stones, is about to return to Brazil. Sources from the LeoDias column revealed that the group will tour South America and our country is one of the chosen ones.

In their last visit to Brazil, in 2016, the band played four shows. Rio de Janeiro, at the Maracanã stadium on February 20; São Paulo, at the Morumbi Stadium on the 24th and 27th of February; and Porto Alegre, at the Beira-Rio stadium on March 2nd.

[www.metropoles.com] [www.instagram.com] [twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-21 03:43 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 21, 2023 04:48

If they do Brazil early 24 then maybe Australia gets a show or two

Date: May 21, 2023 05:48

Also a visit in Argentina is rumored between Feb/March 2024. It was mentioned by our friends from "El Solo Rolling Stones" this week [www.instagram.com]

Date: May 21, 2023 05:52

Deathgod
If they do Brazil early 24 then maybe Australia gets a show or two

Yeah, hopefully too thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 21, 2023 06:09

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv

Tom Brady came around to retiring (for the second time).

It does end.

The Rolling Stones are, regardless of new albums, an inspiration for other artists, regardless of age.

U2 is one that shines. The Cult, Def Leppard, Duran Duran... etc.

There are plenty of others. Not that they all say, "The Stones" etc. Maybe it's on their own.

But the Stones are and have been the highest element of achievement. Not literally, but subjectively.

Besides, no one, yet, is going to tell a band/artist they can't.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 21, 2023 06:16

Argentina is loaded with shows every week, all sold out stadiums, and it looks like the band wants to tour South America during February/March 2024, the demand is very high, Coldplay just played 10 River Plate stadiums and Taylor Swift is rumoured to play 5 shows there, at least, in November.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 21, 2023 06:23

The 2023 tour being cancelled says a little bit: The Rolling Stones are not the end all be all in regard to your stadium.

Gonna guess that shifting to an arena tour wouldn't work via contracts.

Can't see the Stones saying, "Oh, yeah, sure, we'll make that up."

Too much money and insurance involved.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 21, 2023 12:50

It could be:new album in November, 15 giga or so in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Australia, NZ and Japan (or only South America) in February/early April and US and Canada in September/November.Will be perfect, don't you?

Date: May 21, 2023 12:50

GasLightStreet
The 2023 tour being cancelled says a little bit: The Rolling Stones are not the end all be all in regard to your stadium.

Gonna guess that shifting to an arena tour wouldn't work via contracts.

Can't see the Stones saying, "Oh, yeah, sure, we'll make that up."

Too much money and insurance involved.

As if "THE MONEY" / or lack of it, would prevent them playing if they wanted to.
At the end of the day it's all hot air at this stage, nothing will be happening next year or anytime else if one if them isn't fit, and at their ages it becomes illogical planning anything beyond 12 months from now.

Duran Duran?? are you having a laugh.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 21, 2023 15:52

The band has never been about love of music only or all for the fans. They obviously understand their worth and will not compromise, nor should they. It's also a huge corporation with a large crew, sponsorship deals, etc. There are reasons they don't have to do package tours with three other bands or tour smaller stages the way Mick and Keith would if they toured as solo artists. The name means something in the marketplace. They respect the brand.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2023 16:18

"nothing will be happening next year or anytime else if one if them isn't fit, and at their ages it becomes illogical planning anything beyond 12 months from now."

Agreed, I posted something similar the other day. I'm surprised that everyone (including the Stones apparently) seems think it's fine for the to say "we didn't get the deal we wanted for 2023 so we'll see you next year"...this is not 1984 or even 2004 anymore.

There's the obvious one-off health issue (like this year, supposedly) but also the general "stamina", Mick did go on record last year to say that "this type of show isn't supposed to be done when you're in your 70s" (or something like that). Sure, they could play shows without the whole "extravaganza" but it seems that what's kept them going is (more or less) managing to maintain the illusion that nothing's changed since 1989, an amazing feat in itself. That's allowed them to play the largest venues and get the highest payouts. The "cancelled" 2023 tour shows that's maybe no longer on the table.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 21, 2023 16:59

Booked my hotels for Brazil, Argentina, Australia, and Japan based on the info posted above.. Since no clear dates yet I just went ahead and booked a hotel in each country’s main cities for all of 2024 - refundable of course.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home