Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: May 14, 2023 23:39

Jagger is gonna run up and down ramps for years...
Just my 20 cents

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 15, 2023 00:08

masseywinos
I think the touring stadiums thing is done. There is no need to try and put on a full blown stadium show when the band is in their 80's. Running up and down ramps at an age when most people are either deceased or in nursing homes is simply illogical. They all have generational wealth so their is no need to carry on doing large scale gigs.
Now, if they choose to play some arena or theater shows while they can that makes sense. Now I know I know prices would be exorbitant and I could never afford to go. But they could film some shows and release something. And I think its something they would enjoy doing.
Just my 2 cents.

unless of course they enjoy it and want to

literally no one forces them to do stadium tours

that being said i don't disagree that smaller venue may suit them better as a band at this point

but they're gonna do what there gonna do

my opinion is they'll do a stadium tour next year somewhere if they're all still standing

and i feel this is still pretty likely unless they say something official to the contrary

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 15, 2023 02:58

I think part of what keeps them going with the stadiums besides the crowds and money is having the pit.
With the diehard fans buying tickets there, they can be sure of having at least some of their most enthusiastic fans right up front, rather than sitting in the back somewhere. The pit may give the illusion of a smaller venue for those in it, and perhaps for the performers, although Mick is careful to sing and dance for the back rows too.

I prefer smaller venues with pit included.. I doubt if they will play those in 2024.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 15, 2023 06:32

ProfessorWolf
masseywinos
I think the touring stadiums thing is done. There is no need to try and put on a full blown stadium show when the band is in their 80's. Running up and down ramps at an age when most people are either deceased or in nursing homes is simply illogical. They all have generational wealth so their is no need to carry on doing large scale gigs.
Now, if they choose to play some arena or theater shows while they can that makes sense. Now I know I know prices would be exorbitant and I could never afford to go. But they could film some shows and release something. And I think its something they would enjoy doing.
Just my 2 cents.

unless of course they enjoy it and want to

literally no one forces them to do stadium tours

that being said i don't disagree that smaller venue may suit them better as a band at this point

but they're gonna do what there gonna do

my opinion is they'll do a stadium tour next year somewhere if they're all still standing

and i feel this is still pretty likely unless they say something official to the contrary

Of course they don't need the money.

It's out of necessity of being an artist.

If it was about "the money" they would've stopped after (enter tour here post 1975).

Of course they like the money. Why not?

If it was only about the money would they do what they do? Perform the way they have since when? Even post-Charlie?

HELL NO.

Yawn.

Date: May 15, 2023 12:45

bv
It is very simple. As a moderator, I have to read everything posted on IORR. The more rubbish the more work. I may delete rubbish, I may delete access. One day IORR will be closed, because it takes too much time...

That will be a very sad day for many here.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 15, 2023 17:23

TheflyingDutchman
bv
It is very simple. As a moderator, I have to read everything posted on IORR. The more rubbish the more work. I may delete rubbish, I may delete access. One day IORR will be closed, because it takes too much time...

i can imagine a word with no rolling stones tour but not without IORR

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 15, 2023 19:26

They may soon be able to play that show in Golden Gate Park they never had:

[datebook.sfchronicle.com]

Article says a cap of 65,000 people. How about late summer 2024?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 15, 2023 23:14

TheflyingDutchman
bv

Very true.. I've seen 2 or 3 twenty + year band forums shut down in the last 5 years because of petty bickering and tired moderators. We don't realize how lucky we are to have this space until it is gone.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 16, 2023 00:30

BeastyBurdeny

Very true.. I've seen 2 or 3 twenty + year band forums shut down in the last 5 years because of petty bickering and tired moderators. We don't realize how lucky we are to have this space until it is gone.

Amen

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 16, 2023 07:13

As always, thank you bv for all that you have done and continue to do.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 16, 2023 12:51

Yesterday I had an interesting phone call with Ulli Schroeder from the Stones Museum in Luechow/Germany. Aside to information on an event with Daryl Jones in the Museum in June, he told me that the Stones management has asked Daryl to remain available from August 2023 on. Ulli added that the new record has been finished and will be published presumably in early fall this year - accompanied by a new tour.

Date: May 16, 2023 12:59

Meise
Yesterday I had an interesting phone call with Ulli Schroeder from the Stones Museum in Luechow/Germany. Aside to information on an event with Daryl Jones in the Museum in June, he told me that the Stones management has asked Daryl to remain available from August 2023 on. Ulli added that the new record has been finished and will be published presumably in early fall this year - accompanied by a new tour.

thanks that's a interesting tidbit

should give us all something thing to chew on for the next couple pageswinking smiley

maybe they wanna do some kinda one off live show to promote the album in the fall

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 16, 2023 13:35

Just like 1989, 1994, 1997, 2005...I hope! smiling smileycool smiley

Date: May 16, 2023 13:58

Meise

If true I think Ulli will be receiving a call from Stones Inc. soon regarding loose lips. Daryl as well.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 16, 2023 17:25

It is silent from the Stones camp though. No upcoming live-releases, no From the Vaults, nothing.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 16, 2023 20:50

BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv

Be honest mate, the bickering here at the moment is non existent, probably the nicest time ever to post on iorr, say what you think without everyone being offended or ask that you don't have an opinion.

Sorry but i don't see any fighting going on here these days, I think a lot of people have stopped posting because someone found what they posted offensive, more likely our moderator will call it a day when the traffic stops, we need opinions to keep the traffic, otherwise it becomes a picture book like Facebook.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 16, 2023 21:13

Probably/maybe PC ideaology will change the course of modern history. Writing is on the wall. We were lucky to live in the times we know as normal. My two cents.

Date: May 16, 2023 21:29

keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv

Be honest mate, the bickering here at the moment is non existent, probably the nicest time ever to post on iorr, say what you think without everyone being offended or ask that you don't have an opinion.

Sorry but i don't see any fighting going on here these days, I think a lot of people have stopped posting because someone found what they posted offensive, more likely our moderator will call it a day when the traffic stops, we need opinions to keep the traffic, otherwise it becomes a picture book like Facebook.

Iorr is also a huge online library. If you google a stones song /tracktalk you find more info/ opinions than many Stones books can offer.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2023 21:36

If they can't tour this year, due to highly secret reasons, what is the chance they will do so next year considering facts like age and health? 50 percent, or less?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 16, 2023 21:50

Stoneage
If they can't tour this year, due to highly secret reasons, what is the chance they will do so next year considering facts like age and health? 50 percent, or less?

Just a hunch: If they don't tour in 2023 or 2024, they're done as a touring band. Pretty sure many would agree.

Date: May 16, 2023 22:29

NashvilleBlues
Stoneage

Just a hunch: If they don't tour in 2023 or 2024, they're done as a touring band. Pretty sure many would agree.

now i'm pretty optimistic they'll tour again

but yeah if 2024 comes and goes without a tour even i'd say they're likely done touring

Date: May 16, 2023 22:38

TheflyingDutchman
keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv

Iorr is also a huge online library. If you google a stones song /tracktalk you find more info/ opinions than many Stones books can offer.

absolutely

and many individuals on here are better informed on there history then many of the authors

and some folks here are the authors!winking smiley

this is without a doubt one of the most interesting collections of minds anywhere online (myself not includedwinking smiley)

thanks bv for providing a space for them to gather and share there knowledge and opinions

Date: May 16, 2023 22:54

Meise

Thx for sharing. Fingers crossed for more shows, soon or later i'm looking forward to see them live again thumbs up

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 16, 2023 23:09

I sure hope BV never closes the site. Maybe just not allow new additions.

Many times I have looked back at the earlier reviews to jolt my memory and reminisce about certain shows I enjoyed more than others.

Date: May 16, 2023 23:39

keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
TheflyingDutchman
bv

I'm just stating why other boards have shut down... didn't mean to strike a nerve with anyone on the topic of censorship, but hey let's bicker about it and sink the ship winking smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 17, 2023 00:52

I think you misunderstood my post, I'm very grateful bickering is at a minimum but at the same time people used to be able to be passionate about not just the band but all aspects of life enjoying free speech. That day has ended.
As for our moderator BV has created something magical here for any Stones fan, hope to God if he needs a break other's can moderate for him from time to time. There are a few respected posters here that could possibly help out if BV wishes.
It would be devastating for many if iorr was no longer accessible, perhaps it will remain accessible without the ability to comment, who knows but it was good for a long time before censorship was of upmost importance.

I remember an interview with Keith about 1986, he was asked if it was necessary for he and Mick's lyrics to be so offensive, Keith said he writes as he sees the world around him, if we can't write honestly we are reduced to writing about nice ming china or fretwork, kind of sums up the spirit of the Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 01:28 by keefriffhards.

Date: May 17, 2023 02:02

keefriffhards
I think you misunderstood my post, I'm very grateful bickering is at a minimum but at the same time people used to be able to be passionate about not just the band but all aspects of life enjoying free speech. That day has ended.
As for our moderator BV has created something magical here for any Stones fan, hope to God if he needs a break other's can moderate for him from time to time. There are a few respected posters here that could possibly help out if BV wishes.
It would be devastating for many if iorr was no longer accessible, perhaps it will remain accessible without the ability to comment, who knows but it was good for a long time before censorship was of upmost importance.

I remember an interview with Keith about 1986, he was asked if it was necessary for he and Mick's lyrics to be so offensive, Keith said he writes as he sees the world around him, if we can't write honestly we are reduced to writing about nice ming china or fretwork, kind of sums up the spirit of the Stones.

I was mostly joking and no disrespect intended.

At the end of the day this is BV's domain and he does it all for us, using his time and patience which he could reserve for other things.

It doesn't hurt me at all to think that there may be censorship, or specific cans of worms that are not allowed to be opened on this site. There are a million other places I can open those worms if I wanted to (on the internet or preaching whatever gospels I wish from the street corners).

I'm going to leave it at that, because this is a tour thread. Not saying that in a dismissive way--by all means, reply and I'll give it a look. But I'd prefer to chat about the Stones in this thread.

Date: May 17, 2023 04:26

keefriffhards

i for one love what bv has done here

seriously this place is a apolitical paradise for those tired of the constant bickering of the offended and offending

do you not tire of it?

isn't this place a welcome reprieve from that?

and yeah i regularly gone back and read threads from 15 or more years ago and you folks got up to some crazy discussions back then

but it's not bv's fault that the world's gone insane and even the most innocuous things immediately turn into a partisan fistfight and there needs to be limits put in place so this place dosen't turn into a horrible uncomfortable place to be

let's no underestimate how much toll maintaining this place to a certain standard must take on bv

he's shared before the kind of abuse he's received for doing this

this isn't supposed to be a job for him it's a passion it's suppose to be fun and pleasant and if it's not why would he continue it?

if we love iorr and want it to go on as long as possible we should make an effort to lighten his load and ensure that the work of maintaining this site isn't unpleasant or else it'll go away

also there's a great range of unpopular on topic opinions shared here every day and there not censored yours and mine included

now let's stop discussing this and get back to the topic at hand

to tour or not to tour that is the questionwinking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 04:32 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2023 05:41

On that note, I say!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 17, 2023 05:57

Stoneage

In my opinion there is a big chance 90% they will hit the road next year hopefully North America. Maybe do few dates in S America, Mexico Dec/Jan. But could be their last tour what with age & health.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home