Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: 20kGrandmas ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:22

Micky's tik tok videos give me hope for another tour.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 27, 2023 10:55

Flashback 27-Apr-2013: 10th anniversary of the Echoplex club show in Los Angeles - [iorr.org] :

[www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-27 11:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: April 27, 2023 12:21

20kGrandmas

This is wonderful! I think posted to just keep running this TikTok account. But who knows, maybe they have plans to surprise us winking smiley

Date: April 27, 2023 22:14

Irix
Flashback 27-Apr-2013: 10th anniversary of the Echoplex club show in Los Angeles - [iorr.org] :

Great setlist, thx for sharing!! hot smiley

Date: April 27, 2023 22:16

Maya0104
20kGrandmas

This is wonderful! I think posted to just keep running this TikTok account. But who knows, maybe they have plans to surprise us winking smiley

Yeah, hopefully smileys with beer

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 27, 2023 23:11

my bet. A mini european tour june-july 2024 with 2 final gigs in Wembley. I think US are done. IS that or nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 17:32 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2023 23:18

AntoineParis
Omy brt. A mini european tour june-july 2024 with 2 final gigs in Wembley. I think US are done. IS that or nothing.

Thanks for the info. What does omy brt mean? Does a 14-show tour constitute a "mini-tour"?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 27, 2023 23:22

NashvilleBlues
AntoineParis
Omy brt. A mini european tour june-july 2024 with 2 final gigs in Wembley. I think US are done. IS that or nothing.

Thanks for the info. What does omy brt mean? Does a 14-show tour constitute a "mini-tour"?

I was about to ask that.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 04:55

AntoineParis

The Stones have no interest in playing Wembley Stadium so

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 28, 2023 05:06

WelshEdge1

The Stones have no interest in playing Wembley Stadium so

Really!

What's the origin of that belief? I'd always thought of Wembley as the "home gig", and it's always been special. (OK, that may relate to the old stadium and not the new, but...)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2023 06:44

Irix

It's a bit frustrating that Ronnie never developed a true origin of his solo for SMU, just bits here and there. Ever since 1989-90 he's been all over the place and completely awkward.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 28, 2023 08:23

The acoustics are absolutely terrible . They would rather play Twickenham , West Ham or (probably) Emirates stadiums

sc uk

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 28, 2023 10:59

The old Sheffield "Don Valley stadium" was always one of the the best sports stadium sounds in the UK...because there were no massive covered stands to bugger up the acoustics.

They played it three times in the nineties and noughties ...but that's now sadly demolished and gone . sad smiley

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 28, 2023 11:31

straycatuk
The acoustics are absolutely terrible . They would rather play Twickenham , West Ham or (probably) Emirates stadiums

sc uk
Absolutely agree. Having seen both the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in Wembley, the acoustics were awful. I also once met one of the architects on the new stadium. He told me that music concerts were not part of the design!

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: April 28, 2023 15:10

monkeymantoo
straycatuk

sc uk
Absolutely agree. Having seen both the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in Wembley, the acoustics were awful. I also once met one of the architects on the new stadium. He told me that music concerts were not part of the design!

A friend of mine saw The Who at the new Wembley. He recalled "I saw them once,but heard them twice ..

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: April 28, 2023 16:15

I’ve been there a few times, and never experienced a problem with sound. I think it depends on where you sit. I was on the floor, close to the stage.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 16:18

straycatuk

sc uk

I didn't think the sound at Twick was all that great when I saw them on the ABB tour.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 28, 2023 18:13

Spud
The old Sheffield "Don Valley stadium" was always one of the the best sports stadium sounds in the UK...because there were no massive covered stands to bugger up the acoustics.

They played it three times in the nineties and noughties ...but that's now sadly demolished and gone . sad smiley

+1 went to two out of those three (b2b and bigger bang, missed vl) only 20m down the road from me and seem to remember it p*ssed it down for most of both these great shows

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 28, 2023 19:28

FWIW, a fan in the Shidoobee FB group met Bernard Fowler last night. Quote from the post:

"Ran into a familiar face last night... he told me to be on the lookout for some things the end of the year and then 2024 its on!"

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 28, 2023 19:44

Topi
FWIW, a fan in the Shidoobee FB group met Bernard Fowler last night. Quote from the post:

"Ran into a familiar face last night... he told me to be on the lookout for some things the end of the year and then 2024 its on!"

Intriguing! Thanks!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2023 21:41

Well that's the likely scenario, album for Christmas and a tour in the late spring...assuming there are no new setbacks. At this stage in the game, the odds aren't good and are getting worse by the day.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 28, 2023 23:29

"some things" might mean more than an album. maybe a few small gigs to launch it...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2023 23:55

Apparently not, see georgelicks' post in the "New Album" thread.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 29, 2023 01:38

This is speculation after reading the post about Bernard saying look "for some things the end of the year ....".

There is a huge new enclosed venue in Las Vegas, which is scheduled to open this fall with 12 U2 concerts. The MGM Sphere has a capacity of well over 17,000. As of now, nothing at the Sphere has been announced following the 12 U2 concerts, which finish in late October. If the Stones want to do a simple mini-tour later this year, they could use the Sphere - and not need to travel city to city. By November, the dry air lack of humidity issues, that have been factors in past voice issues for Mick, will be minimal, especially since the Sphere is enclosed. Also, since it's cooler then in Vegas, the outside air is not as dry as in the summer/early fall. One issue might be back to back concerts - U2 is scheduled to perform two consecutive nights on weekends. But they are only scheduled to perform 3-4 concerts each week. Perhaps, the Stones could change up their performace to give Mick more rest/breaks to make a Sphere residency work for both them and MGM. For example, when Mick performed in Vegas, with a voice problem after Desert Trip, Keith did three songs. The Sphere is very different from other concert venues, so they could change things up and not have Mick need to perform for two full hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-29 01:44 by IGTBA.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 29, 2023 05:03

straycatuk

sc uk

Both Wembleys have (had) terrible sound. The old one had a better vibe for a concert though.

I’m guessing Spurs stadium will become a go to for most Stadium gigs in London. It’s apparently got the latest and greatest with respect to audio equipment and was designed with concerts in mind.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 29, 2023 15:48

welshphil
monkeymantoo
straycatuk

sc uk

A friend of mine saw The Who at the new Wembley. He recalled "I saw them once,but heard them twice ..

Well it’s an excellent value venue. You get 2 concerts for the price of 1 grinning smiley

I was at that Who show in 2019 and experienced the same. There are some sweet spots with good sound but it’s definitely not most of the stadium. I was in the lower tier near the front for Oasis in 2009 and Jeff Lynne’s ELO in 2017 and the sound was fine at those.

But overall it’s not a patch on the old Wembley and that wasn’t perfect either!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2023 16:35

I haven't been to Wembley stadium. The worst sound at a Stones show I've witnessed was Brussels last year – horrible echo!

Date: April 29, 2023 17:22

slewan
I haven't been to Wembley stadium. The worst sound at a Stones show I've witnessed was Brussels last year – horrible echo!
All depens on your place. Front of stage brussels was very good.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2023 18:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
All depens on your place. Front of stage brussels was very good.

I was in the pit on Keith side. The echo was very bad – mostly during the ballads (the other songs were louder than the echo)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 2, 2023 10:51

yorkshirestone
Spud

+1 went to two out of those three (b2b and bigger bang, missed vl) only 20m down the road from me and seem to remember it p*ssed it down for most of both these great shows

Certainly were a couple of heavy showers ...but good fun and great weather for ducks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home