Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: April 17, 2023 03:58

In 2019 they had to delay already scheduled dates to fall due to Mick having heart valve surgery and they were able to reschedule all dates. So it seems strange that they can't get dates for fall now I sure hope there isn't a bigger issue such as health problems with any of them.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 17, 2023 04:47

2019 was still pre-pandemic times.
So many things has changed since.
Lot of bands haven't tour for a long time. I supposed that the market is kind of saturated. In addition, economic situation is not that stable with increasing costs. So I can imagine that it is not easy to reschedule.
I really hope it is not more serious problem and that the album will see the light !

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 17, 2023 05:08

I would say there are a lot more bands on tour this fall than in 2019... feels that way at least.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 17, 2023 07:02

I thought we were waiting for the NFL to release its fall schedule to even see what stadiums were available.

Date: April 17, 2023 07:24

I'm sure that The Stones are looking forward to see us next year. Hopefully the reschedule will be carried out successfully for early 2024 with the forthcoming new album.

I guess that in 6 months we would have already seen a teaser, if not sooner

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 07:29 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 17, 2023 07:30

They could do a pay per view live stream like Dylan did with Shadow Kingdom. But then again, it wasn't actually live. I bet they'd make huge profits from that. But its not the same as doing a live show.

Date: April 17, 2023 07:42

sanQ
They could do a pay per view live stream like Dylan did with Shadow Kingdom. But then again, it wasn't actually live. I bet they'd make huge profits from that. But its not the same as doing a live show.

That would be great, some kind of new performance could work for this year or some new release would also be interesting. They already have plans in mind and I know they will keep us entertained in the meantime

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: April 17, 2023 07:45

Rickster
In 2019 they had to delay already scheduled dates to fall due to Mick having heart valve surgery and they were able to reschedule all dates. So it seems strange that they can't get dates for fall now I sure hope there isn't a bigger issue such as health problems with any of them.

The rescheduled 2019 tour finished on August 30th.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 17, 2023 10:59

welshphil
Rickster

The rescheduled 2019 tour finished on August 30th.

And from what I recall, that was cutting it close with the start of NFL season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 11:09 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 17, 2023 11:41

DiegoGlimmerStones
sanQ

That would be great, some kind of new performance could work for this year or some new release would also be interesting. They already have plans in mind and I know they will keep us entertained in the meantime

What plans ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: April 17, 2023 11:42

Anyone heard of the band having plan to hit other market than US/ Europe?
There used to be some rumours regarding Japan/ Australia or South America tour...
What happened to that ideas?

The fact that they couldn't reschedule for the fall in US doesn't meant that they won't be touring at all. Of course it is just a though....of hungry girl...winking smiley

Date: April 17, 2023 11:44

Would have to think Japan/Oz are logistically much harder to organize, and of course more expensive.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: April 17, 2023 11:51

Topi
Would have to think Japan/Oz are logistically much harder to organize, and of course more expensive.

Probably you are correct winking smiley I'm not an expert to judge the costs.
I was just thinking aloud...
Really disappointed that I won't be able to see them in US this year.

Maybe SA...?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 17, 2023 12:47

MonicaDe
Topi

Probably you are correct winking smiley I'm not an expert to judge the costs.
I was just thinking aloud...
Really disappointed that I won't be able to see them in US this year.

Maybe SA...?

there have been regular rumours about latin america since last year

not so much for japan/australia

seems to me they're interested in playing down there again

and that would make it a very likely option for them to tour there at the end of this year beginning of next

can anyone more knowledgeable about things like this comment on how feasible/likely this could be

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2023 12:54

A tour will always be based on economy. They have to get paid, and all those who work on the production need to get paid. They may get a sponsor for a single show like in Cuba, but I don't think they will find a sponsor for three shows at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires alone.

I think their top priority will still be their main market USA. Then add any other market with similar ability to pay for the cost, like Germany, UK, Japan. Then add favorite places they may go when the cost of the stage and the tour is taken care of.

I am sure they are working on such plans as we speak.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 12:56

I am usually an optimist, but when Keith said in a message “let’s keep our fingers crossed”, I somehow had an uncomfortable feeling. I truly hope there isn’t a “hidden” health issue.
Well, as always, there may (will) be a logical explanation smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: April 17, 2023 13:02

I wonder if the Stones still do private gigs and how they rehearse /approach on such occasions, apart from tours. They seemed to have done this in the past. Maybe someone here on iorr.org knows more about the subject in general ?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 17, 2023 13:32

bv
A tour will always be based on economy. They have to get paid, and all those who work on the production need to get paid. They may get a sponsor for a single show like in Cuba, but I don't think they will find a sponsor for three shows at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires alone.

I think their top priority will still be their main market USA. Then add any other market with similar ability to pay for the cost, like Germany, UK, Japan. Then add favorite places they may go when the cost of the stage and the tour is taken care of.

I am sure they are working on such plans as we speak.

thanks bv for explaing that so well

very informative

that explains maybe why the rumours of the latin american tour where always set after the north american tour

Date: April 17, 2023 13:42

TheflyingDutchman
I wonder if the Stones still do private gigs and how they rehearse /approach on such occasions, apart from tours. They seemed to have done this in the past. Maybe someone here on iorr.org knows more about the subject in general ?

When did they ever do private gigs that were not in conjunction with a given tour?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 13:46

TheflyingDutchman

They never did private gigs apart from regular gigs.

Date: April 17, 2023 13:47

Topi
TheflyingDutchman

When did they ever do private gigs that were not in conjunction with a given tour?

As far as I understand it they did private gigs in the past for people that can afford it.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 13:50

TheflyingDutchman
Topi
TheflyingDutchman

As far as I understand it they did private gigs in the past for people that can afford it.

But only when they've been on the road anyway. All private gigs are listed in the IORR Tour Pages. The latest one was the opening of the 2021 Tour in Boston.

See here: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 13:51 by hockenheim95.

Date: April 17, 2023 13:56

I think hockenheim95 is correct, cannot recall a single private show that took place outside of a tour.

Date: April 17, 2023 14:08

hockenheim95
TheflyingDutchman
Topi
TheflyingDutchman

But only when they've been on the road anyway. All private gigs are listed in the IORR Tour Pages. The latest one was the opening of the 2021 Tour in Boston.

See here: [iorr.org]

I believe there's a layer beneath it . I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Mathijs knows more about it. I might be wrong though.

Date: April 17, 2023 14:16

In the Internet age, it would be highly surprising if a private Stones show stayed totally secret and IORR (or any other fan site) had no idea. Word gets around.

I guess it's not totally impossible, but it's extremely unlikely.

Ok, Mathijs, let's hear it! grinning smiley

Date: April 17, 2023 14:32

hockenheim95
TheflyingDutchman

They never did private gigs apart from regular gigs.

They do not perform shows without rehearsing, unless very special private non-commercial shows like 100 Club Ian Stewart etc.

First they rehearse for a month. Then they do either a small public gig (rarely lately) or a sponsored paid for private gig (more often lately) either between rehearsals and tour start, or just after tour start.

If you have extra money, like USD 5 million or more, then just call their management, make it working within their rehearsals schedule, and they might do a private gig in your area, if you live nearby where they start the next tour.

It is all in the IORR tour lists, just see the yearly links on the home page.

One exception is the Deutche Bank show, also the Pepsi show in 1998.

The Rolling Stones
Sala Oval, MNAC, Barcelona, Spain
Thursday July 12, 2007

That Deutche Bank show was done during the 2007 tour in Europe, I flew from Budva/Tivat to Barcelona to be outside listening, before moving on to Belgrade. Usually, they do these private shows early ahead of tour start, after rehearsals.

A world class fotballer with a one year break of active play would never ever be allowed to play a league game with Man U, Man C, Arsenal or similar teams with out lots of practice outside games. Same with The Stones. They do not play in the public without practice/rehearsals, if they have not been on tour for a year or so. Top performers do practice before they appear in the public.

This is why it is important for them to get on tour soon. They will not tour THIS YEAR. So we should see them early next year, hopefully, in the best ever scheduled tour.

Bjornulf

Date: April 17, 2023 14:36

Topi
In the Internet age, it would be highly surprising if a private Stones show stayed totally secret and IORR (or any other fan site) had no idea. Word gets around.

I guess it's not totally impossible, but it's extremely unlikely.

Ok, Mathijs, let's hear it! grinning smiley

The most secret show they did was one of the Las Vegas Joint shows. Even that show I managed to get the set list, from someone who phoned me and told me details, with full anonymity. IORR is the only source for those show reports, any other reports are copies of what I got from people who told me about that show. I don't know anyone who went there, so it was pretty secret, but it is all there, on IORR.

The Rolling Stones
The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Saturday Nov. 16, 2002

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 14:42 by bv.

Date: April 17, 2023 14:45

Cheers BV, I actually looked that page about the private show at The Joint just before you posted it, to refresh my memory.

Now, as regards the Deutsche Bank show, I suggest people to read Matt Lee's book. How about that story? Just priceless.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 14:48 by Topi.

Date: April 17, 2023 15:04

Topi
Cheers BV, I actually looked that page about the private show at The Joint just before you posted it, to refresh my memory.

Now, as regards the Deutsche Bank show, I suggest people to read Matt Lee's book. How about that story? Just priceless.

All Stones secrets on iorr indeed.thumbs up
I found this link on the internet, talking about private gigs (as mentioned by BV)
and other major acts.

[www.smh.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 15:24 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 17, 2023 15:34

PaintMonkeyManBlack
jmd
PaintMonkeyManBlack
I had heard about the ridgedale thing but felt it was not up to me to bring it up. But now when bv mentions it i think it can be discussed. Anyone have more info about this gig? Seemed so weird and atypical in the tour schedule i saw.

I had to Google Ridgedale. It’s that venue near Branson, MO, that is associated with Bass Pro Shops founder. Garth Brooks played there last year. That would have been interesting…

(Having visions of the gig being promoted by the Byrde family from Ozark…)

Yes this is what if found out too. Maybe a gig promoted by that billionaire. Show would have been on a monday in the middle of nowhere. It just didnt make sense to me, altough there have been sold out concerts before.

Soutern gig would be houston.

Was this going to be a private gig?

There were horrible reports from the Garth Brooks shows, infrastructure was nowhere near what it needed to be, traffic jams for hours where folks missed most of or all of the show, the parking lot was a mile from the venue with 1 shuttle bus if you couldn't walk it so wait times were ridiculous, etc.

Beautiful area and resort there (Big Cedar Lodge), but seems they have some work to do for concerts; not set up for crowds of that size.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 15:36 by kovach.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home