Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 16, 2023 19:28

Thanks BV for the info. Greatly appreciated.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 16, 2023 19:45

Such a shame.

I hope in 2024 the appetite and ability from all concerned is still present for a tour. One can only hope that the unreleased album will provide a real incentive to keep sharp (exercise, mentally, playing) and in the meantime everyone stays fit and healthy.

A lot can change in a year for anyone, even more so at 80+, and I hope the boys get at least one more outing.

Suddenly instead of dreaming about setlists and South America, we must return to simply hoping we get to the Stones again anywhere, anytime.

I watched Satisfaction and the final bow from Berlin 2022 today on youtube, if there is a next bow I will see it in person!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 16, 2023 19:58

Any idea if they have considered an alternative scenario for the Fall such as Europe (worked perfectly well Sep-Nov 2017), Japan/Asia/Oz or even in-the-round arena shows in the US (to maximize sales)? I don't want to be pessimistic but at their age 2 year break from touring might be too long to handle, and they can get out of shape / just too old to commit at least 3 months for a tour next year...

Date: April 16, 2023 20:01

----

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:01

Thanks to bv, souldoggie and mpj200 for the recent updates.

Hope for better news soon...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:08

Thanks for your confirmation Bjornulf. Of course I wish it was better news but
knowing the status of the tour helps us all to make plans. We are still fortunate to have the band active and preparing to release new music. Let’s keep a positive
thought for next year!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:08

Tough luck, but I’m confident they’ll figure something out. The Stones live for performance, and have the fan base and capital to practically do as they wish, health providing.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I had heard about the ridgedale thing but felt it was not up to me to bring it up. But now when bv mentions it i think it can be discussed. Anyone have more info about this gig? Seemed so weird and atypical in the tour schedule i saw.

I think it was to be some sort of tie-in event with the country tribute album or something that wouldn't be a standard Stones gig.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:40

Christmas album release and spring tour? Maybe late fall tour. Looking at Vancouver I could tell September and October were already a no go given the shows and sports games already scheduled. Stage set up and take down is a minimum 2 days on either side of a show. Any stadium basically needs a week between acts.

Date: April 16, 2023 20:41

jmd
PaintMonkeyManBlack
I had heard about the ridgedale thing but felt it was not up to me to bring it up. But now when bv mentions it i think it can be discussed. Anyone have more info about this gig? Seemed so weird and atypical in the tour schedule i saw.

I had to Google Ridgedale. It’s that venue near Branson, MO, that is associated with Bass Pro Shops founder. Garth Brooks played there last year. That would have been interesting…

(Having visions of the gig being promoted by the Byrde family from Ozark…)

Yes this is what if found out too. Maybe a gig promoted by that billionaire. Show would have been on a monday in the middle of nowhere. It just didnt make sense to me, altough there have been sold out concerts before.

Soutern gig would be houston.

Date: April 16, 2023 20:45

Sidenote, curious if this could mean an ac dc tour, since they are known to share crew and the original plans could be perfect to do a stones tour and then ac dc tour. But now it would overlap?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:53

bv
There will be no tour this year unfortunately. This is the info from reliable sources.

Too much activity this fall, hard to get a rescheduled tour ready on such a short notice.

Unfortunate news, though not unexpected considering the circumstances.
Thanks for giving the update...

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 16, 2023 20:57

So it's time to change the thread title to Stones tour plans 2024.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:01

Might have been my last take?

[youtu.be]

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:04

Very sad news. Reschedule in fall is very hard what with football games & other bands touring stadiums. Let’s hope they will do it for next summer with same cities. I hope they keep in good health and enjoy time off road with family.

Date: April 16, 2023 21:18

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Sidenote, curious if this could mean an ac dc tour, since they are known to share crew and the original plans could be perfect to do a stones tour and then ac dc tour. But now it would overlap?

AC/DC touring has nothing to do with whether or not the Stones tour.

Bands don't "share crew" so much as it's a small group of professionals and that's what they do - work on major tours. This is part of where insurance plays in because they may have contracts that guarantee them pay once they sign.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:20

padre69
One big final show streamed around the globe with Bill and M.Taylor plus Taj Mahal and The Who as warm-ups, please. Maybe include Jethro Tull (if they’re still active).

Maybe Keith, Eric and Yoko could conjure up the Dirty Mac?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:20

Not altogether surprised to hear this, although I'm not speculating as to why ? Could be due to any one (or more) of dozens of different reasons.

Just glad that I was at the Waldebühne in early August 2022 ...

Thank you for the update BV

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 16, 2023 21:21

Stoneage
They are not going to tour because of "too much activity this fall"? What does that mean?

It likely means the venues they want are not available. If that's indeed the reason. There are more stadium tours than ever on top of sporting events, etc.

Unfortunately the Stones have shifted to a few months lead time while the industry itself has shifted to a year.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:46

Disappointing news, for sure. Fingers crossed for good news in 2024.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: April 16, 2023 22:34

Thanks for the update, BV. Very disappointing news, but suspected that this could be the harsh reality, regarding touring this year.

How do you all feel about the prospects of a tour in 2024? Appears that BV updated the site photo to the band's final bow in Berlin 2022. Hopefully there are still some final bows ahead!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 23:01

Well The Rolling Stones did just post “Patience Please..” on their Facebook. So now there’s that to talk about..

Date: April 16, 2023 23:04

New Stones post

[www.instagram.com] [twitter.com] [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 23:12 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 23:17

I am going to hang on the Patience post by the Stones just now and keep rewatching my
Berlin encore..shaky since so much pit crowd mosh and jumping..the best place to be on earth [youtu.be]

Date: April 16, 2023 23:36

The world’s a better place when the Stones are on tour. Please come back soon!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: April 16, 2023 23:55

...but I like it

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: April 17, 2023 00:30

Thanks Bjornulf for your serious but of course sad message...Now we hope all that the long awaited new album due out in summer or so!Thanks again!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 17, 2023 01:04

1 hour ago on Facebook…

Yes, Darryl Jones, ten Fs. One for each bad word I said when I learned that the tour is off.

Date: April 17, 2023 01:50

Very unfortunate that the tour couldn't be rescheduled for this year but probably it can be rescheduled for next spring/summer, a very nice time to see them live. Let's remember that the tour is not canceled, it simply couldn't be be rescheduled for this fall due to the short time and the high restrictions on the stadiums on that period. Excited about more news in the coming months.

#StonesForEver thumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 17, 2023 02:25

i'm an optimist like bv

and i think that they will definitely tour again maybe as soon as the beginning of next year

these are obscenely wealthy men who haven't "needed" to tour for a long time now they want to tour they enjoy it and they seem to want to tour behind the new album they've all worked so hard on for so long losing a beloved comrade along the way

in the meantime the albums done (if the rumours are to be believed) there's no tour this year for the stones

they have a good amount of time to do other things

lots of things could happen in the next couple months that have been put on the back burner for years

ronnie's got time to finish that much talked about faces album and do a couple shows with them

he's already leading the way with his recent show in london and his coming appearance at the jeff beck tribute

mick, keith and steve have been working hard coming up with ideas for the new stones album and with that seemingly being finished all the outtakes and ideas laid to the side maybe used by mick and keith as the catalyst for new solo projects

perhaps keith gets the winos back together for a new album and couple shows in ny

or mick will have time and excess energy to put into deluxe versions of black and blue, emotional rescue or other archival releases that have been much anticipated like knebworth, paris 76, the recently rumored career spanning set of outtakes, or perhaps even the truckloads of unreleased abcko material

my point is all the doom and gloom is unnecessary

let's look at the glass as half full not half empty

yes there very old and there are associated risks that come with being there age

we need to be aware of that and keep our expectations within reason

but there not dead yet

mick, keith and ronnie aren't three half dead geezers slumped over a table drooling into there oatmeal at a nursing home

there active, vibrant and creative people that want to be out there doing these things and if they can they will

there working on it

patience please...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home