Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 31, 2023 13:22

bv
DandelionPowderman
bv
Ronnie Wood will be joining in at the the Tribtue To Jeff Beck at Royal Albert Hall, so tour rehearsals in May are unfortunately off.

Rehearsals in May would have been a bit early for a September tour anyway, wouldn't it?

Their original plans of tour start June 6th this summer included rehearsals in May. Ronnie booked at the RAH tribute in May is the final confirmation of no such rehearsals. I assume they will follow the usual pattern of rehearsals the month before tour start, may be August, if tour start is planned for September. They would have all summer off for other activities, like guest appearances, to keep "warm" and ready...

oh ok i get ya now

that's a good point

hope they do a lot of guest appearances to keep "warm"winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-31 13:23 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 31, 2023 13:50

Unless the rehearsals are held in London. They did that in 2019, no?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2023 14:04

bv
Ronnie Wood will be joining in at the the Tribtue To Jeff Beck at Royal Albert Hall, so tour rehearsals in May, originally scheduled for the summer tour, are unfortunately off.

Glad to read that Ronnie will be taking part in the Jeff Beck tribute show, but not so glad to read the ongoing conundrum regarding the Stones' plans for 2023.
Whether the shows go on or not, hoping the Stones are healthy and happy, and that some new Stones music will arrive some time this year. Or next year. Or the year after.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2023 14:33

Adams
Unless the rehearsals are held in London. They did that in 2019, no?

The 2019 rehearsals were scheduled for Miami, the band was there, then they had to postpone, see IORR News March 2019.

I assume they did the rescheduled rehearsals in London 2019 because that was best for Mick's recovery, or for some other logistical reason. Normally they like to do rehearsals slightly on the same time zone as the tour will start on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 31, 2023 17:14

babyblue
Edmonton is not domed as far as I know. Sept should be fine but Oct no will be cold maybe snow. Yes a Vancouver is dome.

Let me quote my own post upthread:

RisingStone
DGA35
Edmonton in the early fall wouldn't be too much of a problem. They played Commonwealth Stadium Oct 4-5 back in 94.

Agreed. My one and only experience of attending the Stones concert in Canada was at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, October 4, 1994. The weather was fine all day. It was cool but quite pleasant to be around. No problem — on a fine day in early October, at least. Happy memories.

Unless it snows, though.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 31, 2023 20:58

I was hoping for a one month "delay" to the original tour rumour of a June start, but it is clear now that nothing will happen until the end of the summer. They ideally announce 3 months in advance, to help ticket sales, and July/August is not an ideal time with crazy hot weather in many parts of the USA. Anyone in Lyon last year will understand that issue: the guys on stage are up to 80 years old!

In any case, the much rumoured "injury" needs to be 100% fixed before any insurer will take the $100m risk. All this says, like 2021, its a September start...

.. which is what real insiders (not me) are suggesting.

Autumn gives problems also - NFL games, hurricane season in the south and east; cold weather in the north. It will probably mean some long journeys between gigs for the crew & stage - and those of us trying to do the whole tour.

I've been giving thanks for the last 10 years for each new tour - we should really be so grateful that the Band is still prepared to work for 3 months on tour each year. Its almost unbelievable, seriously.

I don't expect anything to be announced until sometime in June. I am now cancelling hotels for June/July.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 31, 2023 21:17

Given their ages and Ronnies ongoing struggles it's a crapshoot as to any certainty this tour or any tour will happen again, but God bless Mick, Keith and Ronnie for having the bravery to try, they are gaining more respect than ever, it's obvious this has absolutely nothing to do with money, they are just going to Rock until the last man's standing.
It's like fictional tale, too far fetched to be believed, but there they go again, new album, new tour, just unbelievable.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 31, 2023 21:49

keefriffhards
Given their ages and Ronnies ongoing struggles it's a crapshoot as to any certainty this tour or any tour will happen again, but God bless Mick, Keith and Ronnie for having the bravery to try, they are gaining more respect than ever, it's obvious this has absolutely nothing to do with money, they are just going to Rock until the last man's standing.
It's like fictional tale, too far fetched to be believed, but there they go again, new album, new tour, just unbelievable.

-yes..they are greatest ever in showbusines.
They are real fictional tale.

Date: April 1, 2023 05:46

From Juan Ignacio 40x5 Tributo Bar

The still, unannounced tour would have began on June 6 in Glendale Arizona and would have ended on August 1 in Philadelphia. Planned dates through Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Vancouver, Chicago, Boston, among others.

This tour, which can really be pure history in the USA, should start in September, with a new album.

And then yes, after this stretch, on the agenda, in the draft, in the plans and for years, we are, we will continue in 2024 (Argentina).

And we will return to River Plate, where many more people will have the chance to see the greatest show on earth.

May fate and luck be with us. But we have already given enough proof that we are waiting for them, and they that they want to come. It is clear that the conditions are right and we are many thousands more and much more spicy.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 1, 2023 05:51

smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 1, 2023 07:02

In regard to the 2023 hurricane season, it should be relatively quiet compared to the previous, oh, 6 seasons.

I know there is a thread for that, however... as of now, end of March, beginning of April, 30 some days into Spring, it's looking better than the previous 6 years so... may the Stones roll on.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: April 1, 2023 14:10

Now cancellig hotels for june and july...

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 2, 2023 02:26

RaahenTiikeri
keefriffhards

Agreed all around. For me, they were the only thing in the world that brought me consistent happiness from the age of 12 thru 69. Astounding.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2023 02:45

josepi
RaahenTiikeri
keefriffhards

Agreed all around. For me, they were the only thing in the world that brought me consistent happiness from the age of 12 thru 69. Astounding.

Mostly agree, though 1986 that neon album jacket had me a little stressed!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 2, 2023 07:15

DiegoGlimmerStones
From Juan Ignacio 40x5 Tributo Bar

The still, unannounced tour would have began on June 6 in Glendale Arizona and would have ended on August 1 in Philadelphia. Planned dates through Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Vancouver, Chicago, Boston, among others.

This tour, which can really be pure history in the USA, should start in September, with a new album.

And then yes, after this stretch, on the agenda, in the draft, in the plans and for years, we are, we will continue in 2024 (Argentina).

And we will return to River Plate, where many more people will have the chance to see the greatest show on earth.

May fate and luck be with us. But we have already given enough proof that we are waiting for them, and they that they want to come. It is clear that the conditions are right and we are many thousands more and much more spicy.

[www.instagram.com][/quo

Wonder what is going to make this tour historic???

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 2, 2023 18:55

So Vancouver was in list no Toronto. I would have thought Toronto would be in. Hope new dates will have original ones, Think Vancouver & Denver will be in I hope, Edmonton is tricky as weather is unpredictable, if Sept will be fine & Aug definitely good. Keep my fingers crossed.

Date: April 3, 2023 00:10

Pulled a good April Fool joke. One of my friends (moderate Stone's fan) asked me if there was a tour update yet. I told her they haven't been able to reattach Mick's foot yet. She looked kind of shocked I told her it was April Fool and added... "yeah, right now he's a loose foot man". She laughed her ass off. We were both pretty loaded at the time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2023 00:15

You shoulda told her there was
a toe-truck spotted outside Micks home

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2023 05:31

josepi
Pulled a good April Fool joke. One of my friends (moderate Stone's fan) asked me if there was a tour update yet. I told her they haven't been able to reattach Mick's foot yet. She looked kind of shocked I told her it was April Fool and added... "yeah, right now he's a loose foot man". She laughed her ass off. We were both pretty loaded at the time.

The last sentence redeemed it!

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: April 3, 2023 11:10

Well personally I feel that they would not tour anymore. Album may come out this year. But touring behind it is uncertain. They will be 80 years soon. And Ronnie 77 years. Touring at the age of 80 is a herculean ask. However people of yester years are strong . If Clint Eastwood can do an action movie at the age of 92 (Cry Macho) then why can not ROLLING STONES can not perform at 80 years? Michael Caine is 89 and still on a film, although in wheelchair but still. Obviously I do not want ROLLING STONES to perform on a wheel chair or simple chair.

Date: April 3, 2023 11:54

pftw04
Well personally I feel that they would not tour anymore. Album may come out this year. But touring behind it is uncertain. They will be 80 years soon. And Ronnie 77 years. Touring at the age of 80 is a herculean ask. However people of yester years are strong . If Clint Eastwood can do an action movie at the age of 92 (Cry Macho) then why can not ROLLING STONES can not perform at 80 years? Michael Caine is 89 and still on a film, although in wheelchair but still. Obviously I do not want ROLLING STONES to perform on a wheel chair or simple chair.

I really think that the wheelchair era is not too close yet cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: April 3, 2023 17:36

When BV cancels hotels for summer, I will plan for a fall tour.

Date: April 3, 2023 19:35

Rockman
You shoulda told her there was
a toe-truck spotted outside Micks home

Classic!

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: April 5, 2023 14:48

Hi Folks and Stones fanatics and collectors...I think something went wrong with tour news ...we all waiting of announcement or statement...
Also we all waiting for the long awaited new Album...and the crown of horrible news about Ghost town...After 57 years of my Stones life...it nerves to get no news!
Mick and Keith come out and inform us!!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 5, 2023 15:02

RollstoDRSC
Hi Folks and Stones fanatics and collectors...I think something went wrong with tour news ...we all waiting of announcement or statement...
Also we all waiting for the long awaited new Album...and the crown of horrible news about Ghost town...After 57 years of my Stones life...it nerves to get no news!

I think they will inform us when there's something to announce

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 5, 2023 17:25

RollstoDRSC

BV wrote: "Patience is the word." - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 5, 2023 17:40

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 5, 2023 23:16

hockenheim95
RollstoDRSC

I think they will inform us when there's something to announce

I agree. Also - they don't have to. Mick might decide last minute to not publish the new album and Keith might not care at all. We just have to wait and see.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 8, 2023 16:56

……….. It was from the first page of the message list. No news by me, anyone does have any? smoking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 8, 2023 21:04

RollstoDRSC

Be patient please it takes time to reschedule dates. That involves the football season, other bands touring then, weather....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-08 21:06 by babyblue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home