Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2023 10:18

2120Joe
I had the great pleasure of being at the Ivy Club in London on Thursday for Ronnie’s performance.

What I believe I learned speaking to those I expect are in the know, could just be rumor, but both statements came in conversation with multiple people:

The album is completed.

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected.

Thanks for the info, sounds credible as something relatively "minor" and potentially lengthy to heal. Not sure why it was such a big secret though...well I suppose it's related to someone's health so it's their call to disclose it or not. The "usual suspects" visible in the videos would have been in the know from the get go of course...and us plebs in the dark ;-)

It's hard to imagine Mick merely walking on stage, let alone sitting on a stool or even worse sitting in Dave Grohl's "throne" (also used by Axl) !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-28 13:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: March 27, 2023 02:12

Well hopefully we get a little heads up from this page about which cities and on which dates before there’s an official announcement so we can beat the accommodations price crunch and availability.

Date: March 28, 2023 01:04

mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
mpj200

Ha haaa! This is the absolute least predictable that band has been in 15 years. If and when things move forward, you’ll be hearing songs you have never heard before.

The truth and nothing but the insider's truth. Different interpretations of well known songs. grinning smiley

Lovely. Glad you like their album. Odd it’s already well known.

Read your bold quoted words again. Think twice before you answer and use your musical imagination, and a little
sense of humour. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 28, 2023 01:39

TheflyingDutchman
mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
mpj200

Ha haaa! This is the absolute least predictable that band has been in 15 years. If and when things move forward, you’ll be hearing songs you have never heard before.

The truth and nothing but the insider's truth. Different interpretations of well known songs. grinning smiley

Read your bold quoted words again. Think twice before you answer and use your musical imagination, and a little

Perhaps it’s you that should think before you try and call people out.

Date: March 28, 2023 01:45

mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
mpj200

Perhaps it’s you that should think before you try and call people out.

I don't call you or anybody here out, that's just your interpretation.. Keep on smiling. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-28 01:56 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 28, 2023 01:57

An insider on this board: Is a friend that had a friend that works for a production company that read something about The Stones on Yahoo news. Just listen to what BV says. He’s the only one here that I trust with rumors

Date: March 28, 2023 02:15

More Hot Rocks
An insider on this board: Is a friend that had a friend that works for a production company that read something about The Stones on Yahoo news. Just listen to what BV says. He’s the only one here that I trust with rumors

thumbs up

A true Rolling Stones insider would never criticise Mick Taylor and "his bird" on iorr.org., for example. Why should he or she ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-28 02:44 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2023 02:59

I appreciate mpj200's insight and contributions to IORR.thumbs up

Date: March 28, 2023 04:00

TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

A true Rolling Stones insider would never criticise Mick Taylor and "his bird" on iorr.org., for example. Why should he or she ?

mpj200
It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling. Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track.

Enjoy.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 28, 2023 04:31

BV criticized the posts that demanded the sources from mpj200 in a harsh tone although he didn’t mention his/her alias directly. I take it as a sign that mpj200 is a real insider and his/her information is genuine, unlike a few others who behave like that.

bv
It is offending to ask for sources. Offending. It is a sign of lack of manners.

Fans post here in good faith, being fans. Then there are always some who are offending, like saying "Why would they rehearse in Boston (2021). Why would they play at Soldier Field (this year)? Why? Why? Why?

I would say just shut up with these offending "why why why" and "who is your source" and so on. Please let people and fans talk. We are all fans. Respect.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 28, 2023 08:16

RisingStone
BV criticized the posts that demanded the sources from mpj200 in a harsh tone although he didn’t mention his/her alias directly. I take it as a sign that mpj200 is a real insider and his/her information is genuine, unlike a few others who behave like that.

bv
It is offending to ask for sources. Offending. It is a sign of lack of manners.

Fans post here in good faith, being fans. Then there are always some who are offending, like saying "Why would they rehearse in Boston (2021). Why would they play at Soldier Field (this year)? Why? Why? Why?

I would say just shut up with these offending "why why why" and "who is your source" and so on. Please let people and fans talk. We are all fans. Respect.

Yes, I agree. Free talking is essentiel.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 28, 2023 13:02

mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

mpj200
It’s an injury boys. The healing time is uncertain due to age. But they are working on rescheduling. Unfortunate timing. The band has worked very, very hard to get the album done. They will do everything they can to get this back on track.

Enjoy.

I try to enjoy and keep the faith in good things coming of The Rolling Stones, like a new album and a tour @mpj200 spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileycool smileythumbs upsmoking smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 28, 2023 19:33

Keep thinking happy thoughts. I'd hate for this to turn into a bad trip.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 29, 2023 09:20

mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

mpj200

Enjoy.

No offense but you had a post in 2020 telling us how the tour would have to be wrapped up before the NFL season and that the teams use the stadiums for their practices, meetings etc.and something about the Stones “barely making the NFL deadline last time.”
NFL teams are at their stadiums 8 days a year, that’s it.possibly 9 now with 17 game schedules.
They operate at offsite facilities at home and are on the road the rest of the time.
Concerts are held during the season all the time, Billy Joel, Metallica and others are playing stadiums this fall.this would be basic stuff for someone with knowledge of the inner workings of a tour.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: March 29, 2023 11:15

Apologies if I have missed this, but has anyone any idea when (roughly) the tour is likely to begin/end?
Many thanks

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 29, 2023 16:51

glimmertwinz
Apologies if I have missed this, but has anyone any idea when (roughly) the tour is likely to begin/end?
Many thanks

No.

Date: March 29, 2023 17:20

lem motlow
mpj200
TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

mpj200

Enjoy.

No offense but you had a post in 2020 telling us how the tour would have to be wrapped up before the NFL season and that the teams use the stadiums for their practices, meetings etc.and something about the Stones “barely making the NFL deadline last time.”
NFL teams are at their stadiums 8 days a year, that’s it.possibly 9 now with 17 game schedules.
They operate at offsite facilities at home and are on the road the rest of the time.
Concerts are held during the season all the time, Billy Joel, Metallica and others are playing stadiums this fall.this would be basic stuff for someone with knowledge of the inner workings of a tour.

No offense but there was no tour in 2020 and I made no such post then. Nobody had any idea what was going to happen at that point. The post you are referring to was in May of 2021. And stadium rules had changed. The teams were in bubbles, the band was in a bubble. The promoters were able to work it out. But there was some crossover where players and coaches were milling around in the backstage area while the band and staff were in the building. But it worked.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:16

Is IORR ready for a new tour?

I'm not sure. Right after the tour closing Berlin-Waldbühne gig I got ill for a very long time. And I was absent of this board, since then.
Coming back after all this time and coming back to this thread here which blew up to 99 pages meanwhile, I am a bit shocked.
More then ever the voice of tone between uns here has changed.
Not in every post. But in more than ever before.
A rusty, harsh, aggressive, spoiled and self righteous tone made his way into his board like an invasive plant. And you can see it by BV's posts: By fighting this development his tone although got harder.
The tendency is: The older we get here, the the more unrelaxed and quarrelsome we become. There was always a percentage of Waldorf & Stadlers here. This is natural and belongs to a forum. But in the last 10 years this section became stronger and stronger.
And that doesn't suit us.
It is not what we are.
And it is certainly not what we want to become.
It takes us away from the original spirit of our band.
And from ours.
We fans are a band, a mighty huge band and we have the duty to take care that we treat each other respectfully and that the chemistry in our band is right.
No group in the world wants a bunch of chickens of fans that bitch at each other.
And especially not the Stones.
So in this sense and please: Shine A Light.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 18:19 by caschimann.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:36

Perfectly right!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:39

Welcome back caschimann. Lots of us are just waiting quietly in the wings, ducking the spitballs, and trying not to have a heart attack every time there’s a new post here. This, too, shall pass.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 29, 2023 23:14

SomeTorontoGirl
This, too, shall pass.

I love this story from Tom. Anyhow - in a year from now we will look back with a smile I hope.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 30, 2023 00:45

caschimann, so glad you are feeling well again. WB!
I'm afraid your observations are correct, although we still have a bunch of upbeat fans. Things
may improve after the tour starts, at least for those of us going to the shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2023 06:57

good rant cashimann...appreciated!

And welcome back, hope you're feeling better!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 30, 2023 10:07

mpj200

No offense but there was no tour in 2020 and I made no such post then. Nobody had any idea what was going to happen at that point. The post you are referring to was in May of 2021. And stadium rules had changed. The teams were in bubbles, the band was in a bubble. The promoters were able to work it out. But there was some crossover where players and coaches were milling around in the backstage area while the band and staff were in the building. But it worked.

Here’s what you wrote-

“The Stones are booked in American Football stadiums where most teams hold their day to day operations, meetings,weights, film studies.the tour would need to be over before the start of the regular season”
It is from may 15, 2021.
NFL teams don’t hold “day to day operations” at the stadium and they sure didn’t during covid.
Not trying to give you a hard time,maybe you just remembered it wrong.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 10:50

What mpj said about them not touring without Charlie was what everyone believed back then, including the band, and I think they would have never replaced Charlie if they didn't have a tour coming up and Charlie literally asking Steve to step in. The timing in 2021 is what probably made them try the 2022 tour
and all possibly happening further tours at all. If they would have cancelled the 2021 tour after Charlie's death that would have been it. And it's very impressive they did decide to go ahead, as you know, there were tears on stage, that must have been very hard for all band members.

And I think it is for sure harder to tour for a band during football season, but not impossible as we saw. The scheduling just must be handled right.

I do remember many occasions where I was very glad to see mpjs posts with a bit of insider information and would be very sad if he'd stop posting it on here. I once again thank you for sharing your information here, mpj. smiling smiley

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: March 30, 2023 11:17

Yes, thank you for sharing your fake news @mpj smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2023 11:19

@StonesFan2146:

"Charlie literally asking Steve to step in" is the story they gave the press, but there's a bit more to it than just that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-30 11:36 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2023 12:50

Some seem to chase other individuals here. This may be related to jealousy, disagreements from the past, or some other unknown reasons. This is unacceptable, not just morally, but also due to IORR posting rules, to constantly pest and bother other individuals. If I see more of this campaign based rhetoric from individuals, I will have to take action, i.e. delete posts and posting access. IORR should be a place where people post and visit with respect, not by attack and verbal violence/hate.

What happened during covid-days i.e. 2020-2022, is not representative for normal life. As a citizen from Norway, being part of Schengen in Europe, I was not welcome to visit USA for the 2021 tour. I had to stay 16 days in Mexico first. Friends stayed in Bahamas, Canada or other transit countries. It was extremely difficult to tour in 2021, and I don't think everyone understand that. They were in bubbles, band-1 bubble, band-2 bubble, states and cities and communities and people, and hotels and restaurants had different rules, I was close to the band and the venues through the tour in 2021, rest assure that was not an easy tour to be done.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2023 16:31

I get many questions about the Tour 2023. They planned to announce the tour around Feb 17, with tour start planned for June 6. That was giving them a lead time of 3 1/2 months from announcement until tour start.

Some say they may reschedule for September, if correct then it would mean a delay of approx three months. If so, then they would not have to announce such a tour until May.

Hopefully there will be leaks of dates and venues before that time, so that it will be possible to plan ahead, book hotels at reasonable rates, and so on.

If you hear or know anything about the rescheduled dates, feel free to post here, or send me an e-mail at iorr@arena.no - Then I will use all available info to sort out what is right, where they go, etc, and publish here on IORR. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-30 16:32 by bv.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 30, 2023 17:31

bv
Some seem to chase other individuals here. This may be related to jealousy, disagreements from the past, or some other unknown reasons. This is unacceptable, not just morally, but also due to IORR posting rules, to constantly pest and bother other individuals. If I see more of this campaign based rhetoric from individuals, I will have to take action, i.e. delete posts and posting access. IORR should be a place where people post and visit with respect, not by attack and verbal violence/hate.

What happened during covid-days i.e. 2020-2022, is not representative for normal life. As a citizen from Norway, being part of Schengen in Europe, I was not welcome to visit USA for the 2021 tour. I had to stay 16 days in Mexico first. Friends stayed in Bahamas, Canada or other transit countries. It was extremely difficult to tour in 2021, and I don't think everyone understand that. They were in bubbles, band-1 bubble, band-2 bubble, states and cities and communities and people, and hotels and restaurants had different rules, I was close to the band and the venues through the tour in 2021, rest assure that was not an easy tour to be done.

Thank you for your post BV and also to Caschimann further back who posted on the same lines.

I believe absolutely in the dignity of EVERYONE who posts here. In fact I believe EVERYONE EVERYWHERE is worthy of respect. Views will differ. Opinions will differ. Preferences will differ. That is simply a fact of life. Regarding The Stones there are umpteen different ways in which to love them, admire them, view them, and offer opinions on them. Given the longevity of the band, with so many different styles, albums, performances, recordings to pick from, it is inevitable that each one of us will have very unique views on each one of those elements.

I agree that, because of the attitude of a MINORITY of members of this site, the tone of IORR has changed in the past year or so. And not for the better. I have been attacked, put down, called out, and similar, for expressing - mildly - an opinion about The Stones that a number of people disagreed with. And then when I reached out with an apology for any unintentional upset I had caused, that was treated with equal disdain.

I am NOT seeking to make this posting all about my personal feelings. I am a big boy now and can roll with the punches. But I am concerned that other equally committed Stones fans might feel disrespected if they ever receive the same treatment. I love The Stones, and have been a fan since 1964. I do not say this to insinuate I deserve some kind of special treatment. Not at all. But having been on a lifelong journey with the band I have formed a very rounded, and a very constructively critical view of The Stones while always loving them dearly. And that will never change.

I applaud the many good people here who are always polite, respectful, constructive and open-minded. Such characteristics are very much in keeping with the entire ethos and overall style of The Stones. The very things that make me a fan and someone who is PROUD to be a lifelong lover of The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home