Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2023 19:46

Hairball
Curious if there had been any rumours regarding opening acts for the supposed 2023 tour.
Considering it was nearly official before the announcement was postponed last month, surely there must have been some acts that were on the list?
Maybe the terrible Ghost Hounds again? Hope not! Now with more time on their hands, hopefully the Stones will pick some decent acts if the tour eventually does moves forward.
Hope it does, and hoping for the best in regards to the health of the band - seems some (such as Ronnie) are more ready and able than others. Positive vibes and healing thoughts to all involved...

Opening acts are chosen long time after ticket sales have started. If they sell slowly they bring in big acts like AC/DC or Metallica. If they sell well then they may chose any acts.

Bjornulf

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 24, 2023 19:46

as it already been said:

i`m fan since 1982, h`ve seen some of the gigs, about 80ty, all around the world, thankfully.

spend a lot of money, time etc.

I`m waiting also for the next tour, but i don`t talk about a lot, it happens or not. what can we do ?

nothing, as BV says , be patience.

remember what we`ve seen and hoping for more ...

one day it`s over anyway ....

Thanx Rolling Stones, the greatest band on earth smiling smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 24, 2023 22:14

bv
Starting a thread about why the old days were better would be more natural.

Haaaaa, this got me laughing. And then I wondered, "Why hasn't anyone started such a thread?!"

I'm not one to start the thread tho, cuz as much as I miss certain things, they happened, they're gone, I enjoyed them and we've moved on.. Living in the past leads to depression, living in the future leads to stress smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: March 24, 2023 22:24

Topi
I'm probably in the minority with this unpopular, even heretical opinion, but to me, the tempos sounded tighter with Steve Jordan. In a way, it brought a new dimension to the live sound. On the other hand, at times I caught myself thinking I didn't even notice Charlie was no longer there.

I went six times last year and it was still a very, very good time.

Where else in the world would you want to be if the Stones are on stage and you're there? At home listening to El Mocambo?

19th Nervous Breakdown - first sign, in Madrid, of what a great tour it was going to be- with Steve absolutely rollicking.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 24, 2023 23:27

Topi
I'm probably in the minority with this unpopular, even heretical opinion, but to me, the tempos sounded tighter with Steve Jordan. In a way, it brought a new dimension to the live sound. On the other hand, at times I caught myself thinking I didn't even notice Charlie was no longer there.

Where else in the world would you want to be if the Stones are on stage and you're there? At home listening to El Mocambo?

I only caught two shows, Hyde Park 1 and 2, last year. And HP1 is among the best Stones shows I’ve ever been to. Technically speaking, it would be equal in saying that HP1 beats a couple of dozens of the other Stones shows with Charlie I saw, out of all 32 I attended!
No disrespect to Charlie, but he was part of the Stones, not the whole. And The Rolling Stones show is a contribution by every one of the members, not a specific one.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 25, 2023 00:06

TheflyingDutchman

Someone who posts here that the Stones won't tour without Charlie is not a reliable insider, it seems to me.

[iorr.org]

Fabulous mate. Finally a real insider. So when does the tour start? We’re all waiting on your scoop…

Date: March 25, 2023 00:09

mpj200
TheflyingDutchman

Someone who posts here that the Stones won't tour without Charlie is not a reliable insider, it seems to me.

[iorr.org]

Fabulous mate. Finally a real insider. So when does the tour start? We’re all waiting on your scoop…

Frankly I don't give a hoot mate, but I feel honoured that an insider like you cares about my opinion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-25 01:05 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 25, 2023 01:12

RisingStone
Topi

I only caught two shows, Hyde Park 1 and 2, last year. And HP1 is among the best Stones shows I’ve ever been to. Technically speaking, it would be equal in saying that HP1 beats a couple of dozens of the other Stones shows with Charlie I saw, out of all 32 I attended!
No disrespect to Charlie, but he was part of the Stones, not the whole. And The Rolling Stones show is a contribution by every one of the members, not a specific one.

I have friends who wouldn't go see them without Bill Wyman while to me they haven't actually been a real band since the 1980's. That said, I will go see Mick and Keith play Stones songs together until the end of time.

For awhile I was so over them but knowing there are only a handful of shows left if any at all I still want to see more.

And I feel vindicated because for at least 20 years I have been saying, that yes, they would in fact play without Charlie. I even read Keith saying so but could never find the article again though Gazza says he saw it too.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 25, 2023 02:32

I'm looking forward to the rumour train picking up again. Bring on the 2023 tour cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2023 04:58

If they tour, wonder if they'll ever play Living in a Ghost Town again...or Brown Sugar...hoping for both.
Hard to believe it's been nearly four years since the latter was last played in Miami back when Charlie was still holding down the fort.
As for Ghost Town - as good as a tune as it is, it might have wore out it's welcome with it's pandemic vibe...might be time for a brand new/different tune (if they have one).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2023 09:53

Hairball
If they tour, wonder if they'll ever play Living in a Ghost Town again...or Brown Sugar...hoping for both.
Hard to believe it's been nearly four years since the latter was last played in Miami back when Charlie was still holding down the fort.
As for Ghost Town - as good as a tune as it is, it might have wore out it's welcome with it's pandemic vibe...might be time for a brand new/different tune (if they have one).

They'll have to come up with some gimmick, something new, something for the obligatory 'surprise' song high up in the setlist, before they grind out the hits. Ghost Town is played out, as are all the numbers for Blue and Lonesome.

It'll either be a new song, finally, or an oldie they never played, or one rarely played. They are so predictable at this point, that crowds go ape because they did Out of Time. At this point I'm tired of 'Classic' Stones. I'd rather they acted their age and played songs relative to their lives now instead of trying to dredge up the sixties and seventies. Add a little depth to their repertoire.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 25, 2023 11:48

24FPS
Hairball

They'll have to come up with some gimmick, something new, something for the obligatory 'surprise' song high up in the setlist, before they grind out the hits. Ghost Town is played out, as are all the numbers for Blue and Lonesome.

It'll either be a new song, finally, or an oldie they never played, or one rarely played. They are so predictable at this point, that crowds go ape because they did Out of Time. At this point I'm tired of 'Classic' Stones. I'd rather they acted their age and played songs relative to their lives now instead of trying to dredge up the sixties and seventies. Add a little depth to their repertoire.

I confess to being puzzled by one of your comments - '...Ghost Town is played out, as are all the numbers for Blue and Lonesome' I agree about Ghost Town but surprised about the B&L reference. My recollection - admittedly inaccurate at times - is that they only ever played a handful of tracks from that album, and then primarily on rotation.The three concerts I saw all included Just Your Fool as the only B&L track. Maybe others - like yourself - attended more gigs and heard other tracks played? Personally I'd go to see The Stones unhesitatingly if they played 4-5 tracks from B&L. An album I have loved since it came out. But them I have always loved hearing The Stones play the blues..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2023 12:17

Date: March 25, 2023 12:44

Fair point! My apologies for mis-posting above...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 25, 2023 13:14

To me it seems like it's more the fans who have changed than the Stones.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 25, 2023 14:35

Last years tour was my favorite since Bigger Bang, minus the Mick Taylor appearances. I believe Darryl and Steve have brought in a fantastic vibe. By the way I love Charlie and mean no disrespect but I’m loving it.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 25, 2023 15:06

I think you mean 50 and counting. No Mick Taylor on Bigger Bang. 50 and Counting tour was great. Bigger Bang not so much after following the also great Licks tour.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 25, 2023 17:20

StonedRambler

Yep. "What a drag it is getting old," etc.

Hopefully the boys humor us soon. My fall dance card is already filled up with Nick Cave and Metallica road trips + other commitments. Can't keep life on hold forever.

Date: March 25, 2023 17:31

StonedRambler

Quite right. Old farts some of these fans are.

Date: March 25, 2023 17:38

24FPS

Ha haaa! This is the absolute least predictable that band has been in 15 years. If and when things move forward, you’ll be hearing songs you have never heard before.

Date: March 25, 2023 18:46

mpj200

Ha haaa! This is the absolute least predictable that band has been in 15 years. If and when things move forward, you’ll be hearing songs you have never heard before.

The truth and nothing but the insider's truth. Different interpretations of well known songs. grinning smiley

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 25, 2023 20:25

I had the great pleasure of being at the Ivy Club in London on Thursday for Ronnie’s performance.

What I believe I learned speaking to those I expect are in the know, could just be rumor, but both statements came in conversation with multiple people:

The album is completed.

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected.

Date: March 25, 2023 20:58

mpj200
24FPS

Amen to that my friend. That would be wonderful...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 25, 2023 22:08

2120Joe
I had the great pleasure of being at the Ivy Club in London on Thursday for Ronnie’s performance.

What I believe I learned speaking to those I expect are in the know, could just be rumor, but both statements came in conversation with multiple people:

The album is completed.

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected.

thanks joe (and mpj200) for passing on what you've heard

appreciate it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 25, 2023 22:12

GerardHennessy
mpj200
24FPS

Amen to that my friend. That would be wonderful...

Unless they release an actual album, and the songs are strong, we'll hear maybe one or two 'rare' or 'different songs'. Unless they revamp the way they've been doing things in the Post-Wyman, now Watts, era.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 26, 2023 01:04

2120Joe

The album is completed.

Sounds like more credible information.

Date: March 26, 2023 05:47

TheflyingDutchman
mpj200

The truth and nothing but the insider's truth. Different interpretations of well known songs. grinning smiley

Lovely. Glad you like their album. Odd it’s already well known.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 26, 2023 06:23

RisingStone
2120Joe

The album is completed.

Sounds like more credible information.

Why would something like that made public? This isn’t a sickness or a personal matter which should be kept quiet.

There is always something in the news of a celebrity being hurt, breaking a rib or whatever.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 26, 2023 06:34

Looking forward to the Sir DILF & The Gimpy Foot tour!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 26, 2023 07:54

TheflyingDutchman
mpj200

Because none of us know they’ll be touring on a new album, good lord.of course we’ll hear songs we’ve never heard.
Never tour without Charlie, an arena tour in 19, this guy must be having a beer with Jagger as we speak.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home