Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 21, 2023 23:01

Hairball
Speculation runs rampant...

Yup! How many times have we had vague, muddled, inaccurate and rumour-fuelled comments on both...

Tell you what! You believe what their twitter feed says. Fair enough! I take it with the proverbial pinch of salt! Equally fair.

Lets agree to disagree and move on. There are more important things in the world than how accurate, or otherwise, the Glimmer Twins respective feeds happen to be...

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 21, 2023 23:15

GerardHennessy
MelBelli
GerardHennessy
Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Can it be that it's just perfectly simple, Keith had enough?

If so, why were they then still on tour in 2022? And why was Keith hoping to see us in 2023 - [Twitter.com] ?

Keith is most erratic in what he says and what he does. I believe he gets carried away in the mood of the moment and says whatever comes into his head. It is not a deliberate act of deception, simply a flash of enthusiasm that he my not feel a few weeks later.

Noting spontaneous or erratic about featuring that statement on his official Twitter account.

Nothing? Really? How so? Twitter is full of both spontaneous and erratic content.

Keith’s Twitter account does not equal all of Twitter.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 22, 2023 01:48

Thanks, BV!

We all came so close to "the announcement", which has been a very big deal for a Rolling Stones' tour for practically their entire career! Totally understandable why all us fans are interested and speculative about the delay, and what the future holds...

With a new album on the horizon, and presumably a tour to coincide with it, this is "old territory", yet uncharted for the band after 17-plus years since the last new set of tunes... they obviously wanna get it right, down to the most minute detail, I'm sure.

I'm ready... let's rock!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2023 02:33

GerardHennessy
Hairball

Yup! How many times have we had vague, muddled, inaccurate and rumour-fuelled comments on both...

Tell you what! You believe what their twitter feed says. Fair enough! I take it with the proverbial pinch of salt! Equally fair.

Lets agree to disagree and move on. There are more important things in the world than how accurate, or otherwise, the Glimmer Twins respective feeds happen to be...

Not sure why you're replying to me as if I was singling you out, and that we're in some sort of disagreement.
All I said was a simple statement not directed at anyone specific regarding rampant speculation, and you seemingly took it personally and jumped all over it.

Are you looking for a fight?!!! angry smileywinking smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 22, 2023 09:14

Hairball, where is that image from? I've not seen it before.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 22, 2023 09:16

It's from 1981. Rehearsals, I believe. Bill Wyman took the photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 09:17 by Topi.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 22, 2023 09:35

syrel
Hairball, where is that image from? I've not seen it before.

i think it's from the 81 tour rehearsals at long view farm, north brooksfield, m.a.

edit

topi beat me to it

didn't see his post

sorry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 09:37 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: March 22, 2023 09:48

The photo is in Bill Wyman's book "Stones From The Inside".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2023 10:15

Originally showed up in the Bill Wyman book - Rolling With the Stones 2002

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 22, 2023 13:02

Hairball
GerardHennessy
Hairball

Not sure why you're replying to me as if I was singling you out, and that we're in some sort of disagreement.
All I said was a simple statement not directed at anyone specific regarding rampant speculation, and you seemingly took it personally and jumped all over it.

Not at all sir and I apologise unreservedly if I gave that impression. Very much the opposite. I'm a VERY old, lifelong Stones fan. An old hippy if truth were told. And I would never feel singled out. I'm not that important to be honest. And I'm horrified to have given the impression I have jumped over everything. I can hardly stand upright these days. Never mind jumping, literally or linguistically.

Please put it down to my rather limited writing skills. Nothing more. We are all Stones fans here. We must stick together against the greatest enemy of all. Apathy towards the band, its music and its legacy...

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 22, 2023 16:54

GerardHennessy
Hairball
GerardHennessy
Hairball

Not at all sir and I apologise unreservedly if I gave that impression. Very much the opposite. I'm a VERY old, lifelong Stones fan. An old hippy if truth were told. And I would never feel singled out. I'm not that important to be honest. And I'm horrified to have given the impression I have jumped over everything. I can hardly stand upright these days. Never mind jumping, literally or linguistically.

Please put it down to my rather limited writing skills. Nothing more. We are all Stones fans here. We must stick together against the greatest enemy of all. Apathy towards the band, its music and its legacy...

Very honest post Gerald, well said. I don't believe any apology was needed, as you said, "We are all Stones fans here".

Date: March 22, 2023 18:31

And some of us are Beatles fans! winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2023 18:35

And there're also bi-musically fans (Stones & Beatles). winking smiley

Date: March 22, 2023 18:52

GerardHennessy
Hairball
GerardHennessy
Hairball

All in good fun while we waste away the hours, days, weeks, and months for new tour rumours amidst rampant speculation over what type of "injury" has occured, not to mention who is actually "injured".
And then there's the regurgitation of twitter feed snippets...Keith said this, but he meant to say that...or he actually has no idea what he's saying...or he's actually speaking in tongues...secret tribal languages...gibberish...
In regards to the new album, we've now been waiting/wasting many years hoping, wishing, wanting, needing, praying, speculating, etc...I have a feeling it might be this year or the next (but still not holding my breath)...

18 years and counting...

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: March 22, 2023 19:11

More Hot Rocks
TrulyMicks1
I still hold hope for a Licks type of tour! smiling smiley

It will be the new album tour

The new album is the most exciting part of the tour for me. I mean the Licks style tour though, with different size venues and setlists

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 22, 2023 20:46

It's hard to get excited about 'new' tours. I call the last one the Out of Time Tour because it was the only highlight. Does anyone really think they're going to deliver the ground-in-the-dirt warhorses in a new, novel, electrifying way? Does it matter if they start off with SFM, or JJF. It's sad when novel is considered starting off with You Got Me Rocking, which is close to 30-years-old? They play about half the notes they used to. It's getting to be a shorthand. Play the opening riff, wait for the rubes to get excited, and then chug through.

Is it just to see them, and be in their presence? It can't be about the delivery of the music. I understand the bucket listers. See the legends before they fall. Those people barely know who is up on stage anymore. But what does the serious concert goer get out of it?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 22, 2023 20:50

24FPS
It's hard to get excited about 'new' tours. I call the last one the Out of Time Tour because it was the only highlight. Does anyone really think they're going to deliver the ground-in-the-dirt warhorses in a new, novel, electrifying way? Does it matter if they start off with SFM, or JJF. It's sad when novel is considered starting off with You Got Me Rocking, which is close to 30-years-old? They play about half the notes they used to. It's getting to be a shorthand. Play the opening riff, wait for the rubes to get excited, and then chug through.

Is it just to see them, and be in their presence? It can't be about the delivery of the music. I understand the bucket listers. See the legends before they fall. Those people barely know who is up on stage anymore. But what does the serious concert goer get out of it?

I get a lot out of it. Sorry you don't.

Date: March 22, 2023 20:59

NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Please explain. It can't be the execution of the music. Are you someone that just wants to pay a lot of money to be in their presence? Baby boomer nostalgia? I get that they're practically the only top flight band left from the 60s. (Though seriously depleted). Is it the repetitiveness? I finally stopped going to Stones concerts (a band I love), after seeing them in 2013. The magic was gone. It was there in 1999, and kept slipping.

Date: March 22, 2023 21:06

To me it is the whole experience. From meeting fans before to the show itself.

There is no other concert with the energy level of the Rolling Stones.

Not sure what you're missing but I like many others here have a great time.

Warhorses or not I am still going and will continue to do so until I am no longer able to.

24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Please explain. It can't be the execution of the music. Are you someone that just wants to pay a lot of money to be in their presence? Baby boomer nostalgia? I get that they're practically the only top flight band left from the 60s. (Though seriously depleted). Is it the repetitiveness? I finally stopped going to Stones concerts (a band I love), after seeing them in 2013. The magic was gone. It was there in 1999, and kept slipping.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 22, 2023 21:10

24FPS
NashvilleBlues
24FPS

Possibly because I've only seen them 3 times, all since 2015. LDs are cheap and I enjoy the music (flaws included). I also like the atmosphere at a Stones show. And, the occasional surprise is cool, too (last show I went to Keith busted out Connection for the first time in 15 years and it was probably the last time they will ever play Trouble's a' Comin). And in 2019 (DC/Maryland), I saw the only performance of Mercy, Mercy since 1969. If you don't know why I enjoyed that, I don't know what to say.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 21:56 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 22, 2023 21:33

24FPS

I guess you missed the Pittsburgh 2021 show

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2023 00:29

Every song at their shows is a highlight for me. It is the same band I fell in love with in 1971. Sure they are missing some old band members, sure they can be rusty. Still, most of the time, the shows are not just great, they are another memory for life.

I am a fan, and I love then just like I have loved them all these years. I will for sure follow them on tour as long as I can, until they- or me- can't do it anymore. I am really looking forward to the new announcement, it will be the best tour in years. Anyone who went on the tour last year will know what I am taling about. Then add the new album.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: March 23, 2023 01:05

I’m totally on par with Bjørnulf. I personally haven’t seen Keith better than he was in a lot of the shows last year, and Mick is still the best front man out there. And even though I can’t fault the band, it is never about how many notes they play for me. They have IT, and that is what makes me want to go and see them again and again. God is in the detail, and I think either you get it or you don’t. Still seems like plenty of people get it, though:-)

Date: March 23, 2023 01:44

Not quite the same without Charlie who will always be missed.

Thankfully/hopefully we will get to hear him on the new album...if it ever gets completed!

Date: March 23, 2023 01:47

I'm really glad people took the time to give their reasons. Nashville Blues says he's only seen them three times, all since 2015. I guess that's the version of the Stones you know on stage. I've seen them since 1978, and felt that tour I got to see the real hardcore group, the danger, the magic. And the Ladies and Gentlemen Blu Ray of the '72 show looks and sounds like a whole other level.

As I've stated many times, 1999 was a peak. Keith was on, and so was Charlie. I noticed a slight slow down on the Licks Tour. By 2005 they were playing Get Off of My Cloud almost like a waltz. And by 2006 it became more spectacle than music, although Mick was on that night. 2013 lacked much spark. Mick Taylor was a highlight, as was the choir on YCAGWYW, but the rest of it was lackluster.

I understand they're older. And there's fewer of them. I'm just thankful something like El Mocambo can still surface.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 23, 2023 02:51

bv
it will be the best tour in years.
No, not without Charlie.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: March 23, 2023 03:13

Today the Rolling Stones official Twitter posted the Angie music video with the caption "You can't see we never tried..."

The same official Twitter page posted a very similar Tweet during the heart of the COVID-19 pandemic when they were unable to tour. Very curious between the combination of BV's long post and this official Tweet, if there may have been a setback this week regarding a 2023 tour.

This being said, I'm still optimistic for a late summer/fall tour still, but would love to hear the thoughts of others!

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: March 23, 2023 03:36

We are so lucky that the band has, for whatever reason, allowed anyone-especially mega fans like Matt Lee-to video whole shows and post them on YouTube. It’s been great to follow the last two tours-which I haven’t managed to be able to see a show in person. The Stones don’t just play a show, their concerts are massive events. And when they’re good, they’re real good.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 23, 2023 04:14

jshidoob
Today the Rolling Stones official Twitter posted the Angie music video with the caption "You can't see we never tried..."

The same official Twitter page posted a very similar Tweet during the heart of the COVID-19 pandemic when they were unable to tour. Very curious between the combination of BV's long post and this official Tweet, if there may have been a setback this week regarding a 2023 tour.

This being said, I'm still optimistic for a late summer/fall tour still, but would love to hear the thoughts of others!

Haven’t seen Twitter post as I don’t go there just Facebook. I’m hoping for a early August or September start but more August as fall is cooling down. Really hope they don’t postpone til summer next year. But what will be will be. I realize it takes time to reschedule as there are football games, other concerts to deal with. I wish them all the luck in achieving this.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 23, 2023 11:20

jshidoob

Looks like more like an advertising for the official lyric video of Angie, which was premiered on 24-Feb-2023 - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home