Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: March 19, 2023 17:57

Stonesfan2146
Thank you mpj200. For those who don't know, mpj is a reliable insider and we can always trust his words, never speculation.

Someone who posts here that the Stones won't tour without Charlie is not a reliable insider, it seems to me.

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-19 18:12 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 19, 2023 18:24

TheflyingDutchman
Stonesfan2146
Thank you mpj200. For those who don't know, mpj is a reliable insider and we can always trust his words, never speculation.

Someone who posts here that the Stones won't tour without Charlie is not a reliable insider, it seems to me.

[iorr.org]

I'm sure he doesn’t need a nobody like me to defend him, but I would interpret that to mean they wouldn’t plan a tour without Charlie. However, when Charlie became ill, Steve came in as a temporary replacement until Charlie could join them. When Charlie passed, the tour had already been contracted and, as we learned, their contract required them to tour unless Mick or Keith we’re unable - Charlie and Ronnie weren’t in that category. So they had to honour their 2021 tour commitments, without Charlie. And after that happened, I think they realized that Steve allowed them to continue to tour, the demand is still there, and Charlie would have approved. Just my take on it.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 18:57

I don’t think anyone’s injured. They worked hard to finish the album, Keith probably just wanted to relax some more down south before making any new plans. They’ve been busy touring and recording all last year and into this year. This is the first time it’s been so publicly admitted that they are relaxing and enjoying family time down at Como in Turks. Plus the Europe 60 tour had some staggeringly high temperatures which can be hard on the crew and the band, maybe a slightly cooler fall tour will suit everyone better? All speculation here, but still hoping either Edmonton or Vancouver will see a show. And still flabbergasted that flying to Edmonton and staying two nights in a hotel is still cheaper than just taking the ferry and getting a hotel in Vancouver for one night, BC stands for Bring Cash lol. Regardless what transpires over the next few months it’s good to see pics of everyone enjoying life and family time and looking, apparently, in good health. And that Birthday pic of Patti n Keith… damn she is smokin! Keith’s a lucky man and he knows itsmiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 19, 2023 20:09

Bosmatic1
I don’t think anyone’s injured. They worked hard to finish the album, Keith probably just wanted to relax some more down south before making any new plans. They’ve been busy touring and recording all last year and into this year. This is the first time it’s been so publicly admitted that they are relaxing and enjoying family time down at Como in Turks. Plus the Europe 60 tour had some staggeringly high temperatures which can be hard on the crew and the band, maybe a slightly cooler fall tour will suit everyone better? All speculation here, but still hoping either Edmonton or Vancouver will see a show. And still flabbergasted that flying to Edmonton and staying two nights in a hotel is still cheaper than just taking the ferry and getting a hotel in Vancouver for one night, BC stands for Bring Cash lol. Regardless what transpires over the next few months it’s good to see pics of everyone enjoying life and family time and looking, apparently, in good health. And that Birthday pic of Patti n Keith… damn she is smokin! Keith’s a lucky man and he knows itsmiling smiley

So you’re saying this happened after every thing was booked. A few days before the announcement. Keith says he needs to rest some more? Absolutely no. That’s ridiculous

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-19 23:24 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 21:51

Bosmatic1

Reason Edmonton is cheaper is because it's not a major tourist destination city so less demand. I'm sure getting a hotel in Victoria would be more expensive than Edmonton! As you know being a major port city, Vancouver gets thousands of tourists going on the Alaska cruise circuit. Wait til 2026 when the city hosts a number of World Cup games!

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: March 20, 2023 03:42

I’m aware of why Vancouver is more expensive. I’m more saying I kinda hope it’s a road trip to Edmonton maybe. I’m determined to take my kids. And they’ve been to Vancouver plenty so… Anyway, we shall see what happens.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 20, 2023 05:43

Bosmatic1
I’m aware of why Vancouver is more expensive. I’m more saying I kinda hope it’s a road trip to Edmonton maybe. I’m determined to take my kids. And they’ve been to Vancouver plenty so… Anyway, we shall see what happens.

Vancouver has been expensive for many years now. But then so is everywhere else especially Europe.Sure good if boys came here but I am more interested in seeing them in Az & Denver.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: March 20, 2023 18:07

I still hold hope for a Licks type of tour! smiling smiley

Date: March 20, 2023 18:52

TrulyMicks1
I still hold hope for a Licks type of tour! smiling smiley

It will be the new album tour

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 20, 2023 20:29

Bosmatic1

I was thinking about going to Vancouver for the Cure even though it's expensive up there. It's the day after the Seattle show & due to health reasons I can't do a 3 hour Cure show then drive to Vancouver the next day & do another 3 hour show. If there had been an extra day in between I might've done it. Last summer I went to see NIN in Portland then drove to Bend OR for another show. There was an extra day between shows so I was able to do the drive then chill in the hot tub & pool for a day before the show. That worked pretty well although the drive home was rough.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 20, 2023 22:36

Bosmatic1

It's extremely unlikely they've worked hard to finish the album. It's not like they've spent weeks and months for days at a time working on it like they used to.

Date: March 20, 2023 23:21

crholmstrom
Bosmatic1

I was thinking about going to Vancouver for the Cure even though it's expensive up there. It's the day after the Seattle show & due to health reasons I can't do a 3 hour Cure show then drive to Vancouver the next day & do another 3 hour show. If there had been an extra day in between I might've done it. Last summer I went to see NIN in Portland then drove to Bend OR for another show. There was an extra day between shows so I was able to do the drive then chill in the hot tub & pool for a day before the show. That worked pretty well although the drive home was rough.

Hey Crholmstrom just wondering are you in Seattle?

Daryll Jones commitment in NYC July 13-16
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 21, 2023 17:31

Daryll Jones has a commitment in NYC between July 13-16 with Rock and Roll camp. I would guess that means that no tour during that time period because he likely wouldn't be out and about during a tour, even on off days and even if the Stones are in NYC at that time. But of course that's just a guess and maybe those are off days and he does what he pleases on those days.

Re: Daryll Jones commitment in NYC July 13-16
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 21, 2023 18:30

keefmick
Daryll Jones has a commitment in NYC between July 13-16 with Rock and Roll camp. I would guess that means that no tour during that time period because he likely wouldn't be out and about during a tour, even on off days and even if the Stones are in NYC at that time. But of course that's just a guess and maybe those are off days and he does what he pleases on those days.

There would be no problem for Darryl to do these dates, because The Rolling Stones would have been in the NYC area on the tour on those very dates, according to their original schedule.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 21, 2023 18:32

Thanks BV. Maybe all systems are go?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 21, 2023 19:04

There have been quite a few comments regarding Mick, Keith and Ronnie in the threads related to their recent appearances in London and New York. Several are commenting on health issues, injuries and so on. The fact that you are at a football game, attending an exhibition, or going to a musical, does not say anything about being ready for a tour lasting for two months, with 14 shows across USA and Canada. Still, we are all happy to see Mick, Keith and Ronnie in the public, smiling, enjoying themselves, and being around, of course.

They planned to announce the North America summer tour around Friday Feb 17. That is my understanding. The last two weeks leading up to that date, I got more and more show rumours every day. The complete tour list was ready, everything was ready. A tour is a massive investment worth $10 million or so per show, times 14 shows, so no wonder management, insurance and the band do want everyone to be 100% ready, no chances or risks, before the tour is being announced. There are a bunch of minor still significant reasons for not being 100% ready for a two months tour.

Then, early that week of the actual announcement, I started to get a number of messages from insiders saying they had to reschedule the tour dates, due to reasons I can not share here. Being on tour do mean a lot more than just attending a random event in London or New York. You need to be 100% ready, from the announcement, and all the way until the last show, originally planned for the first week of August.

I don't know how long it will take for them to reschedule, and I don't know if they will be able to use some of the originally scheduled dates at all, but I sure hope they will be able to announce the "new" tour soon, we are all impatient, and we do want to see our favorite band on tour, also in 2023. Patience is the word.

PS. If you want to comment/quote this post, then please to not edit my post by cherry picking bits and twisting what I am saying here. Feel free to quote, but please quote the entire post.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 21, 2023 19:33

Thanks for the update BV, but thank you even more for your patience!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 21, 2023 19:47

Hmmmm! An intriguing post by BV. And interesting that the reason for the reschedule cannot be shared. It would be very easy to read all kinds of meanings into what has been posted. However, out of respect for his request, I shall refrain from picking out key words and phrases from what BV has posted.

Nevertheless I do think it is far from certain that the tour will be rescheduled anytime soon. That is simply my personal opinion. Why? Because if the reason for the delay was relatively minor, we would have been given new dates already. Or at least given a firm commitment to provide dates by a specific time. Instead we are left hanging, wondering what is going on. Or indeed IF anything IS going on at all...

Meanwhile we are all getting older and older!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2023 20:10

GerardHennessy

Because if the reason for the delay was relatively minor, we would have been given new dates already.

Rumor was/is an injury with healing time uncertain due to age - [iorr.org] .

Date: March 21, 2023 20:32

Can it be that it's just perfectly simple, Keith had enough? Just my uneducated guess.

"No Charlie No Rolling Stones". Keith Richards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 20:34 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: March 21, 2023 20:50

TheflyingDutchman

Can it be that it's just perfectly simple, Keith had enough?

If so, why were they then still on tour in 2022? And why was Keith hoping to see us in 2023 - [Twitter.com] ?

Date: March 21, 2023 21:06

TheflyingDutchman
Can it be that it's just perfectly simple, Keith had enough? Just my uneducated guess.

"No Charlie No Rolling Stones". Keith Richards.

That’s not an educated guess. It’s not speculation. It’s making things up.

Date: March 21, 2023 21:26

Irix
TheflyingDutchman

If so, why were they then still on tour in 2022? And why was Keith hoping to see us in 2023 - [Twitter.com] ?

Keith is most erratic in what he says and what he does. I believe he gets carried away in the mood of the moment and says whatever comes into his head. It is not a deliberate act of deception, simply a flash of enthusiasm that he my not feel a few weeks later.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 21, 2023 21:28

GerardHennessy
Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Keith is most erratic in what he says and what he does. I believe he gets carried away in the mood of the moment and says whatever comes into his head. It is not a deliberate act of deception, simply a flash of enthusiasm that he my not feel a few weeks later.

Noting spontaneous or erratic about featuring that statement on his official Twitter account.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: March 21, 2023 21:54

bv
There have been quite a few comments regarding Mick, Keith and Ronnie in the threads related to their recent appearances in London and New York. Several are commenting on health issues, injuries and so on. The fact that you are at a football game, attending an exhibition, or going to a musical, does not say anything about being ready for a tour lasting for two months, with 14 shows across USA and Canada. Still, we are all happy to see Mick, Keith and Ronnie in the public, smiling, enjoying themselves, and being around, of course.

They planned to announce the North America summer tour around Friday Feb 17. That is my understanding. The last two weeks leading up to that date, I got more and more show rumours every day. The complete tour list was ready, everything was ready. A tour is a massive investment worth $10 million or so per show, times 14 shows, so no wonder management, insurance and the band do want everyone to be 100% ready, no chances or risks, before the tour is being announced. There are a bunch of minor still significant reasons for not being 100% ready for a two months tour.

Then, early that week of the actual announcement, I started to get a number of messages from insiders saying they had to reschedule the tour dates, due to reasons I can not share here. Being on tour do mean a lot more than just attending a random event in London or New York. You need to be 100% ready, from the announcement, and all the way until the last show, originally planned for the first week of August.

I don't know how long it will take for them to reschedule, and I don't know if they will be able to use some of the originally scheduled dates at all, but I sure hope they will be able to announce the "new" tour soon, we are all impatient, and we do want to see our favorite band on tour, also in 2023. Patience is the word.

PS. If you want to comment/quote this post, then please to not edit my post by cherry picking bits and twisting what I am saying here. Feel free to quote, but please quote the entire post.

Appreciate you sharing your inside view! Don't you think this feeding the rumors why the tour is postponed more?
If I connect the pieces what you say in the above, it reads to me as a health issue. Something which is not strange at their age. However this is the kind of speculating I was referring to. Each and everyone makes his/her own story out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 22:05 by bluenote.

Date: March 21, 2023 22:03

Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Sorry, I didn't follow the news that close. Having enough can also be a mental health issue though, "melancholia by proxy" in my own words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 22:07 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: March 21, 2023 22:17

Thanks BV for the update.

Date: March 21, 2023 22:40

MelBelli
GerardHennessy
Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Noting spontaneous or erratic about featuring that statement on his official Twitter account.

Nothing? Really? How so? Twitter is full of both spontaneous and erratic content.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2023 22:48

Speculation runs rampant...

Date: March 21, 2023 22:50

GerardHennessy

Twitter is full of both spontaneous and erratic content.

In Mick & Keith's official tweets? confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home