Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2023 13:42

angee

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
jackflash27
tommyturbo76
This has always been amazing ; starts @ 1:35 in... he was 72 then.

[www.youtube.com]

Well, it sure is great to see Jagger is still in good shape, but it's far from amazing or exceptional. In my (hobby) race cycle club there are 3 guys from 78 - 81 who easily bike 200km a week (and I mean almost every week of the year). A far better performance than a few sprints from 50 metres during 14 concerts a year.

Still, in the world of older rock musicians, it's proof of good shape and pretty amusing to watch.

well considering how many folks who are around mick's age here on iorr comment on how good of shape he's in compared to them

i don't think it's much of a stretch to say he's in better then average shape for some his age

but to your point not in extraordinary unbelievable shape

he may not come in first place in any marathons

but i'm sure he could still complete one and not come in last either

Well, I don't think the marathon analogy applies here very well. To keep his body fit and suitable for what he does asks something else than see how running against a watch does. It's part of it, but not totally reduced into it. The physical condition comes in many forms. So I guess you could ask, say, how ballerinas manage when they are reaching 80 years or so. How is their body control, its flexibility, etc. Mick seemingly takes care of his body, probably mind too, in pretty 'holistic' way - there are lots of things to take care of.

Hehe, I never thought I would be engaged in discussions like this...

- Doxa

Doxa, could it be that living with a ballerina, though one much younger and now retired, has given Mick a few more tricks in his fitness repertoire? cool smiley

Surely! If nothing else, there are certain routines to stay fit... "She pirouettes over me.."winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 4, 2023 18:56

Heh, yes. I was thinking more of what he would do, alone. Well, I think she did teach him how to stand in one place and spin longer. He demonstrated that during at least one show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-05 00:00 by angee.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: March 5, 2023 01:50

>> ... to say he's in better then average shape for some his age
>> but i'm sure he could still complete [a marathon] and not come in last either

This will be my only comment since my original post. You can disagree but to me his running is astounding.... I'm jealous.

In that video clip I figure he runs under 6min/mile pace easily, probably faster. I'm 69 and when I run 8min/5k I win my age group, and actually finished 3rd overall in a group of about 400 once at 7min/mile age 65.

Up until his heart operation, Mick was certainly faster than I am now and I'm sure also over a 5K, his form is great, and he is a lot smaller than me... (I'm 6'2").

He did that sprint after about 100 minutes of performing, too. He'd kick my butt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-05 01:51 by tommyturbo76.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 5, 2023 18:54

tommyturbo76
This has always been amazing ; starts @ 1:35 in... he was 72 then.

[www.youtube.com]

Amazing lol

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 5, 2023 20:29

Oh for the days when we talked about venues, dates and things like that sad smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 5, 2023 20:47

syrel
Oh for the days when we talked about venues, dates and things like that sad smiley

Those days will be back soon....I hope.....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 5, 2023 23:45

Well, I think the fall 2021 tour had tickets on sale at the end of July if memory serves and the announcement maybe 10 days before that. All this is subject to correction since this is just off the top of my head, I didn't look it up.

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2023 00:51

Simon Boyle of The Sun reports the Stones are mooted for a "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-06 01:03 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 6, 2023 01:16

I must admit I think that would be great if it did happen. smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 6, 2023 01:23

bye bye johnny
Simon Boyle of The Sun reports the Stones are mooted for a "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

June 24…that would be Jeff Beck’s 79th birthday.
I’ve been wondering if someone, Clapton for instance, might be organizing a tribute concert that day.

A big clash if BOTH materialize.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2023 01:51

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

An interesting concept (for an important cause) and I hope it will materialize, no matter who might perform there. But I think we need to keep heads cool here in regards to our heroes. "They've been asked" is the status of the thing, and with the Stones it is related to many things... (but yeah, since there is a tour - we all hope - coming, so not totally impossible...)

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-06 01:59 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2023 05:20

If the Stones and McCartney appear it would be a a nice opportunity to play the new Stones song that they recorded together, but unfortunately I have my doubts about the Stones appearing for a variety of reasons.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2023 10:43

...so sad

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2023 11:23

So stirring, so many tears.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2023 11:25

timbernardis
Well, I think the fall 2021 tour had tickets on sale at the end of July if memory serves and the announcement maybe 10 days before that. All this is subject to correction since this is just off the top of my head, I didn't look it up.

plexi

The fall 2021 tour had tickets on sale for most of the shows ever since February 2020, because they were postponed. Ticket sales never stopped despite the pandemic.

For the new shows announced in 2021, ticket sales started about a week after the July 22 announcement.

[rollingstones.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-06 21:08 by Topi.

Date: March 6, 2023 19:16

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Other UK media sites have picked up on The Sun article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.express.co.uk]

[metro.co.uk]

Date: March 6, 2023 20:25

The article states that they were asked to play at the event.

bye bye johnny
bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.express.co.uk]

[metro.co.uk]

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 6, 2023 20:36

To be fair...if the Stones do/did play a political event...we would not be allowed to talk about it here.

Date: March 6, 2023 20:55

georgemcdonnell314
bye bye johnny
bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.express.co.uk]

[metro.co.uk]

The article states that they were asked to play at the event.

Yes. The Stones - along with all of the other acts mentioned in the article.

Nothing has been confirmed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2023 21:53

sdstonesguy
To be fair...if the Stones do/did play a political event...we would not be allowed to talk about it here.

If The Rolling Stones do play at ANY event then it will of course be completely natural to talk about it here on IORR.

By the way, a charity concert is NOT a political event. I am sure most people do know the difference in talking about politics, and performing at events.

There is a big difference in Mick/Keith/Ronnie, and those artists who make clear political statements.

I am the editor here, so I should know how the rules do work here.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-06 21:54 by bv.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2023 22:46

BV
By the way, a charity concert is NOT a political event.

By any logics that is not a true statement. If the charity deals with a political situation it is a political event by any standard.

BV
If The Rolling Stones do play at ANY event then it will of course be completely natural to talk about it here on IORR.

I guess you mean it will be okay to talk about the musical performance but not the political issue underlaying it.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 7, 2023 02:54

Stoneage
BV

By any logics that is not a true statement. If the charity deals with a political situation it is a political event by any standard.

BV

I guess you mean it will be okay to talk about the musical performance but not the political issue underlaying it.

Jeezus fukkkk is it really that difficult?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 7, 2023 04:30

Would be nice if Stones played Wembley for this benefit show. Only time will tell.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 7, 2023 09:46

Sure a charity concert is absolutely NO political statement in itself. Collecting money to feed and protect people who are terrorized is not a political statement. It is in the nature of normal human beings to help others who suffer. Please do not start discussions about what is politics.

Bjornulf

Date: March 7, 2023 10:40

Yeah sounds like they just asked the Stones, but I think the chance is very big it will not happen.

- If it was prior to the cancellation this would not have been possible due to the rumoured to be planned show 23th june
- If it is actual there is the question if the issue why they cancelled the tour is not a problem for this gig, and also it would mean a unrehearsed Stones. Which they did before I think (that charity gig where they played You Got me Rocking and JJF?)

While it is only natural that the Stones would be asked, and ofcourse there is a chance, I would not place any bets on it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 7, 2023 12:39

lem motlow
And we still don’t know what happened, damn.not a word.
as of a few days ago Keith was at his place in the Turks,chilling with the family like normal.

Yes, you'd think that by now a certain "press" would have shed some light on the "injury" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-07 13:20 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 7, 2023 12:47

Well, if it happens with or without the Stones I plan to be there and made hotel reservations across the street.

Sure its political if one considers human rights and life political but reasonable people just consider it right versus wrong. As they say "which side are you on?"

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 7, 2023 14:48

daspyknows
Well, if it happens with or without the Stones I plan to be there and made hotel reservations across the street.

Sure its political if one considers human rights and life political but reasonable people just consider it right versus wrong. As they say "which side are you on?"

There's no sides here. They're not raising money for a campaign of any sort, I'd hope nobody here would be against charity.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 7, 2023 15:08

They should play "Highwire".

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 7, 2023 15:47

Dan
Stoneage
BV

BV

Jeezus fukkkk is it really that difficult?

Touché my friend. Absolutely spot on response by you. It ain't exactly rocket science is it? What an extraordinarily, and totally unnecessary overcomplication, the past few comments have created...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home