Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 19, 2023 18:44

Several sources are telling me the tour is being rescheduled. Still, several hotels right next to the venues on the planned tour dates are still either unavailable, high priced, or with no flexible booking option.

Bjornulf

Date: February 19, 2023 18:47

I agree with both of you.

And I expect criticism as well.
GerardHennessy
rolling1us
We have all read the messages from BV.

In my view it is totally pointless, all this speculations and predictions.
We don't know what is going on and that may be the case for a little while.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

So please, let's stop this chitter chatter and wait for news.

With you 100% in what you say. It might be this, it might be that! It might be something completely different! Fact is no one has any idea really. And as for me, I'm gonna wait until there is actual hard news. Facts instead of speculation. And that includes confirmation there will ACTUALLY BE a tour. I know there is an INTENTION to tour, and a desire on the part of the band to get out there. But given their ages, given the inevitable health issues that visit those of us - like Mick and Keith - in our late 70's, plus the myriad demands on their time and energy, I take nothing for granted on behalf of The Stones any more.

Last time I ventured this opinion I aroused the ire and scathing contempt of a number of contributors to this forum. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Least of all the band themselves. But the fact remains it is an uncertain and volatile world now. And for The Stones as much as everyone else.

Let us all wait and see.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 19, 2023 19:46

lem motlow
Take it from someone who waited twenty three years to see them play Memory Motel, the last time they didn’t start a tour with a new album in the States was 1976.

Errr, 2015, 2019, & 2021 - there may be others

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2023 19:50

I'm just Tommy Lee Jones with a newspaper over here.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 19, 2023 21:31

Topi
I'm just Tommy Lee Jones with a newspaper over here.

What's Mick's horoscope say, Tomi?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 19, 2023 22:34

We don’t have our sources, Topi-san, unlike you.

We want information, information, information…

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 19, 2023 22:35

Elmo Lewis
lem motlow
Take it from someone who waited twenty three years to see them play Memory Motel, the last time they didn’t start a tour with a new album in the States was 1976.

Continuing the complete misinterpretation of the original comment which was:

Every time the stones release a new album, the support tour starts in the US, not Europe or Australia,

NOT

Every time they tour the US it is in support of a new album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 19, 2023 22:47

Haha...this is beginning to look like the "post your email" thread ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 19, 2023 23:57

GerardHennessy
rolling1us

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

With you 100% in what you say. It might be this, it might be that! It might be something completely different! Fact is no one has any idea really. And as for me, I'm gonna wait until there is actual hard news. Facts instead of speculation. And that includes confirmation there will ACTUALLY BE a tour. I know there is an INTENTION to tour, and a desire on the part of the band to get out there. But given their ages, given the inevitable health issues that visit those of us - like Mick and Keith - in our late 70's, plus the myriad demands on their time and energy, I take nothing for granted on behalf of The Stones any more.

Last time I ventured this opinion I aroused the ire and scathing contempt of a number of contributors to this forum. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Least of all the band themselves. But the fact remains it is an uncertain and volatile world now. And for The Stones as much as everyone else.

Let us all wait and see.

No ire or scathing indictment needed. What you say is reasonable.

plexi

Date: February 19, 2023 23:59

RisingStone

Are you sure about that?

plexi

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: February 19, 2023 23:59

life or the planning of is different now
we will see what life brings
i hope there no world conflict
i think the money may not be there
i believe we all gotten little bit older
and a lot wiser.
maybe a single in march would helps us all get on with it
cheers good health to you

Date: February 20, 2023 00:04

bv
Several sources are telling me the tour is being rescheduled. Still, several hotels right next to the venues on the planned tour dates are still either unavailable, high priced, or with no flexible booking option.

If this is the case, guess I'll just have to stay a little further away from the venues. No big deal.

And your statement indicates you already know at least some specific dates, cities, and venues, but I know you won't say til you are comfortable.

plexi

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 20, 2023 00:18

Nope, Topi, there's only one reason for a tour of ONLY STADIUMS..MONEY!

Date: February 20, 2023 00:26

timbernardis
RisingStone

Are you sure about that?

plexi

About the aborted summer tour schedule…more likely than not he does.

That would be telling. Or not.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 20, 2023 02:32

Air New Zealand have just announced their USA sale with some great savings. Unfortunately without firm dates our hands are tied. It's expensive enough travelling halfway around the world to see 3-4 shows without having to pay full price airfares as well. Tempted to just purchase tickets and hope the dates fit around shows. Haven't seen the boys play since Chicago 2019 due to covid and so on, so excited for the prospect of another tour!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 20, 2023 03:27

timbernardis
GerardHennessy
rolling1us

Let us all wait and see.

plexi

Thank you my friend. We are ALL Stones fans here, just working through all the changes, each in our own unique way...

If they DO tour and you get to see them, enjoy every second!

Date: February 20, 2023 05:26

GerardHennessy
timbernardis
GerardHennessy
rolling1us

Let us all wait and see.

plexi

Thank you my friend. We are ALL Stones fans here, just working through all the changes, each in our own unique way...

If they DO tour and you get to see them, enjoy every second!

Indeed. I will be seeing them, hopefully multiple times. When they tour, won't you be coming? What country are you from?

plexi

Date: February 20, 2023 07:46

RisingStone

Sorry, I am not sharing what cities were on the list, but what I can tell you is San Diego, New Orleans and Louisville were not on it.

That's all I'm going to say about it at this time, Rising-San smiling smiley

Date: February 20, 2023 07:46

mickschix

Correct. They are not running a charity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2023 09:13

WHAT !!!! .... now ya tell me ....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 20, 2023 09:40

Topi
RisingStone

Sorry, I am not sharing what cities were on the list, but what I can tell you is San Diego, New Orleans and Louisville were not on it.

That's all I'm going to say about it at this time, Rising-San smiling smiley

Arigato, Topi-san.
At least I have learnt they don’t give a shit about the areas that got cancelled for the most part.

They are not running a charity indeed.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 20, 2023 10:30

I see maybe LA got a date or Frisco & Denver

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 20, 2023 13:37

Topi
mickschix

Correct. They are not running a charity.

Hoping nobody looks too closely at Line 34900 of my tax return… been deducting them for years and using the refunds for more tickets. Shhhh…

Date: February 20, 2023 13:41

I think there's a "Slap Shot" quote in there, STG!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 20, 2023 17:08

Rokyfan
Elmo Lewis
lem motlow

Continuing the complete misinterpretation of the original comment which was:

Every time the stones release a new album, the support tour starts in the US, not Europe or Australia,

NOT

Every time they tour the US it is in support of a new album.

Well, technically they supported "Blue & Lonesome" in Europe in 2017 and 2018. It's hard to call a handful of shows they played in October 2016 US a "tour" and they were two months before the album was released.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2023 17:20

franzk

Well, technically they supported "Blue & Lonesome" in Europe in 2017 and 2018.

They played 'Ride 'em On Down' and 'Just Your Fool' during their US Mini Tour 2016 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 20, 2023 17:26

I have deleted posts with links to and old now out of date article:

By ALI DAHER FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 01:44 GMT, 4 August 2022 | UPDATED: 02:00 GMT, 4 August 2022

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 20, 2023 18:07

Glendale in Sept is still hot

Date: February 20, 2023 21:51

Reading between the lines, sounds like it is safe to assume the discarded summer tour plan included Vancouver, Frisco (Bay Area) and NYC (or New Jersey) in the list.

And definitely NOT Buffalo, San Diego, New Orleans and Louisville according to Topi’s “source”.

Whether they will be carried over to the new fall tour schedule is another matter, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-21 20:28 by RisingStone.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 20, 2023 23:31

Glendale has a roof. 72 inside all year long.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home