Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 18, 2023 03:11

More Hot Rocks
Topi
VoodooLounge13
I'm kinda shocked that they'd schedule Chicago, Cleveland, AND Buffalo all on one tour. With just 14 shows, those 3 are all in relatively close proximity to one another, leaving only 11 shows for the rest of North America.....

Buffalo was not part of the planned tour.

How do you know it wasn’t ?

You going to call the source and verify?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2023 03:32

It appears as if someone failed to send Keith the memo regarding today's tour announcement being cancelled!!! eye popping smileyconfused smileywinking smiley

DiegoGlimmerStones
Semi-OT: Have a great weekend! Keith

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 18, 2023 03:47

Dan
More Hot Rocks
Topi
VoodooLounge13
I'm kinda shocked that they'd schedule Chicago, Cleveland, AND Buffalo all on one tour. With just 14 shows, those 3 are all in relatively close proximity to one another, leaving only 11 shows for the rest of North America.....

Me? I’m just asking how does he know that Buffalo wasn’t on the list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 03:48 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 18, 2023 05:04

More Hot Rocks
Dan
More Hot Rocks
Topi
VoodooLounge13

Was Vancouver or Toronto on list?

Date: February 18, 2023 05:21

More Hot Rocks
Dan
More Hot Rocks
Topi
VoodooLounge13

I would guess he had the schedule. As do quite a few people present here.

I guess it doesn't matter what was or wasn't on it as it's not happening. A few years ago the hold dates for a KISS 1992 tour that never happened and for which I only knew 2 dates were released on a fan site. Maybe some day we will know all the dates for this non tour. That tour, which was postponed from summer to fall bore little resemblance to the original schedule.

Date: February 18, 2023 06:59

Hi, I’m kinda late to this thread, and I can’t seem to find the speculated yet quasi verified maybe by someone who has a source, possible city list, and now what months? Apologies if this is super redundant, y’all are so often spot on. Can anyone please repost that here? Thanks and rock on

Date: February 18, 2023 07:29

BackstreetCaliforniaGirl
Hi, I’m kinda late to this thread, and I can’t seem to find the speculated yet quasi verified maybe by someone who has a source, possible city list, and now what months? Apologies if this is super redundant, y’all are so often spot on. Can anyone please repost that here? Thanks and rock on

Since the tour was canceled, if it was ever really on, the dates have been deleted from the tour page. You can scroll thru this thread and see if you can piece it together.

I guess eventually the fall tour will come together in this thread. Or not.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 18, 2023 08:17

I’m tipping no tour in 23.
Tour to start Sth America, Australia, Japan in Feb 24

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 18, 2023 09:33

Deathgod
I’m tipping no tour in 23.
Tour to start Sth America, Australia, Japan in Feb 24

with a new album they won't tour remote places but concentrate on their major markets, i.e. first USA and then Europe

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2023 09:50

slewan is right. They usually start tours behind new albums in the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 18:12 by Topi.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 18, 2023 10:00

Take it from someone who waited twenty three years to see them play Memory Motel, the last time they didn’t start a tour with a new album in the States was 1976.

Date: February 18, 2023 10:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 10:21 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 10:26

DGA35
RisingStone
DGA35
babyblue
Topi
Edmonton in the fall, though? winking smiley

Could be cool,but why not Calgary they have the Saddledome and has roof.Springsteen is going there.

Saddledome is an arena where the Flames play hockey. Edmonton has the new Rogers Place arena where the Oilers play hockey.

Edmonton in the early fall wouldn't be too much of a problem. They played Commonwealth Stadium Oct 4-5 back in 94.

Agreed. My one and only experience of attending the Stones concert in Canada was at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, October 4, 1994. The weather was fine all day. It was cool but quite pleasant to be around. No problem — on a fine day in early October, at least. Happy memories.

That's good to know! Having said that, it could also easily be snowing in Edmonton at that time of year! smiling smiley

Any fall stadium tour will obviously need to be scheduled around football and possibly baseball games. As well, there are a number of other bands doing stadium tours this year. Still have fingers crossed for one final AC/DC tour.

Ac dc tour? I don’t hear any rumors. I think they will never play live.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2023 13:45

Dan

Since the tour was canceled, if it was ever really on, the dates have been deleted from the tour page. You can scroll thru this thread and see if you can piece it together.

The rumored old dates are still visible in the fine print of the tour page - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 16:05

lem motlow
Take it from someone who waited twenty three years to see them play Memory Motel, the last time they didn’t start a tour with a new album in the States was 1976.

That’s not really true at all. Licks, Zip Code, No Filter. Plenty of tours have happened without a new album behind it.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 18, 2023 16:19

BackstreetCaliforniaGirl

they where planning a tour of the us and canada for june thru august

but as bv posted they called off the tour announcement for last friday for unknown reasons and has assured us it's not because of any serious issues or related to the new album and that there attempting to reschedule for the fall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 16:21 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2023 16:45

VoodooLounge13

Plenty of tours have happened without a new album behind it.

He meant it the other way around - with a new album, the appropriate tour started in the United States.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 18, 2023 17:01

Irix
VoodooLounge13

He meant it the other way around - with a new album, the appropriate tour started in the United States.

Even Licks, Zipcode and 50 & Counting we're sort of in support of releases though not necessarily an entire album of new material.

14 on Fire, No Filter, and 60 though certainly. And No Security sort of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 17:02 by kovach.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2023 17:08

The tour status is listed in the IORR News:

The Rolling Stones tour announcement, expected on Friday, has been cancelled. The tour is planned for twelve shows in USA and two shows in Canada this summer. There might be a rescheduling for the fall.

The 14 shows were planned for June 6 to Aug 1. I am looking forward to seing them live again this year; just have to wait a bit.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 17:25 by bv.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 18, 2023 17:21

lem motlow

zounds, that’s one impressive credential

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 18, 2023 17:35

Natlanta
lem motlow

They didn’t play the States in 1976

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: February 18, 2023 17:39

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Yes, I do believe you are right Irix about what he meant, thanks for the clarification. I think his wording thru several posters off. They did tour in 1976 but it was in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 17:40 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 18, 2023 19:22

More Hot Rocks
Natlanta
lem motlow

They didn’t play the States in 1976

Hence his comment ! I'm not sure what's throwing people off in that rather straightforward sentence ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 18, 2023 19:28

bv
I am looking forward to seing them live again this year; just have to wait a bit.

bv, have you cancelled your june/july hotels now?
syrel

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: February 18, 2023 22:32

bv

I am looking forward to seing them live again this year; just have to wait a bit.

Thanks for keeping us all updated, BV!

I know that it's difficult to say and extremely fluid, but how confident do you feel in the Stones playing US shows by September? You've mentioned that the issue is non-critical, which would signify a likely rescheduling, as opposed to serious issue with one of the band members.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: February 18, 2023 22:32

bv

Thanks for keeping us all updated, BV!

I know that it's difficult to say and extremely fluid, but how confident do you feel in the Stones playing US shows by September? You've mentioned that the issue is non-critical, which would signify a likely rescheduling, as opposed to serious issue with one of the band members.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 19, 2023 11:45

Wait a minute , you guys are telling me not only did The Stones not tour in the States in 1976 but they’ve also done tours here without a new album ?
Damn, so the Jumpin Jack song wasn’t new? I thought for sure it was on an album called No Filter but I can’t seem to find that thing anywhere.
Place is a treasure trove of information.

Anyway, thank you Mr Vik for keeping us informed.that can’t be easy walking the line between keeping the fans up to date and saying too much.
Reading between the lines is the way to go here people,”looking forward to seeing them later this year”= it’s not a disaster, be patient.
Good enough for me, thanks again.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2023 17:37

More Hot Rocks
Topi
VoodooLounge13

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 19, 2023 18:00

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 19, 2023 18:42

rolling1us
We have all read the messages from BV.

In my view it is totally pointless, all this speculations and predictions.
We don't know what is going on and that may be the case for a little while.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

So please, let's stop this chitter chatter and wait for news.

With you 100% in what you say. It might be this, it might be that! It might be something completely different! Fact is no one has any idea really. And as for me, I'm gonna wait until there is actual hard news. Facts instead of speculation. And that includes confirmation there will ACTUALLY BE a tour. I know there is an INTENTION to tour, and a desire on the part of the band to get out there. But given their ages, given the inevitable health issues that visit those of us - like Mick and Keith - in our late 70's, plus the myriad demands on their time and energy, I take nothing for granted on behalf of The Stones any more.

Last time I ventured this opinion I aroused the ire and scathing contempt of a number of contributors to this forum. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Least of all the band themselves. But the fact remains it is an uncertain and volatile world now. And for The Stones as much as everyone else.

Let us all wait and see.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home