Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 00:19

DeanGoodman
jason8903
Bjornulf

Does this moving of the tour to the fall mid September to mid November have to do with all the other big acts already hitting the road in the summer and maybe road crews may not be available till September. or stadium dates may not be open.

Probably just a Q4 record release. That used to be the primo time to put out albums, maybe it still is. A tour will also boost merch sales in time for Xmas.

Giants Stadium October 17, 1997

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 17, 2023 00:34

dkwalika
So, we know of four rumoured sites (Edmonton, Chicago, Boston area, Cleveland). Any scoop on the other ten (if the fourteen number is correct).

Even if ... no way any new tour would mirror the canceled tour exactly. Example late fall = more domed stadiums, less outdoor, etc with NFL and MLB playoffs in the way.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 17, 2023 00:38

Thanks BV

That is really informative

Maybe the Fall opens up a Festival show or maybe they want to play new place in Vegas that is ready in September
The big F1 race in Vegas is November 18th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 00:42 by artedm.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 17, 2023 00:46

dkwalika
So, we know of four rumoured sites (Edmonton, Chicago, Boston area, Cleveland). Any scoop on the other ten (if the fourteen number is correct).

There is Philly and UBS and...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 17, 2023 01:15

Dan
smoking smiley
Supply chain issues and staffing shortages are absolutely affecting the touring industry.

Yeah, probably they ran out of Sheperd’s Pies.

Date: February 17, 2023 01:53

Hopefully a 3-month postponed tour with kick off in early Sept and announcement in late May/early June. We'll see thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 03:33 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 17, 2023 02:02

From 40x5 Tribute Bar Instagram:

"The Rolling Stones have postponed their June/July US and Canada tour plans and are moving the dates to the fall of the northern hemisphere.

The 14-date stretch was defined, beginning on Tuesday June 6 in Glendale, Arizona and ending on August 1 in Philadelphia."

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 17, 2023 02:13

artedm
Thanks BV

Maybe the Fall opens up a Festival show or maybe they want to play new place in Vegas that is ready in September

If I can get it together, I'm hoping to go down for the F1 race & tie in with an U2 show in the Sphere. Probably won't happen but we'll see.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: February 17, 2023 02:34

georgelicks

"The Rolling Stones have postponed their June/July US and Canada tour plans and are moving the dates to the fall of the northern hemisphere.

The 14-date stretch was defined, beginning on Tuesday June 6 in Glendale, Arizona and ending on August 1 in Philadelphia."

I wonder if MD/DC was on the itinerary

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 17, 2023 02:42

crholmstrom
artedm
Thanks BV

If I can get it together, I'm hoping to go down for the F1 race & tie in with an U2 show in the Sphere. Probably won't happen but we'll see.

I’ve attended F1 USGP in Austin since 2013. Looked at the prices for Vegas and got sticker shock…2x to 3x higher than what I’ve paid in Austin. And that didn’t take hotel into account. And although watching the cars head down the strip looks like fun, the layout doesn’t seem particularly exciting…like Baku without the twisty bits in the old town. Guess we will see.

Also, I would expect the Sphere to be dark GP week since the track circles it. There’s also some grandstands around the Sphere.

(I’m curious to see what the reaction is when folks realize qual is set for midnight Vegas time and the race at 10pm…)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 17, 2023 03:23

bv
My understanding is they are working on new dates for the fall.

Wondering of they're still working on the new album?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 17, 2023 03:35

Hairball
bv
My understanding is they are working on new dates for the fall.

Wondering of they're still working on the new album?

God knows? It might be this and it might be that. It might be anything at all. What I do know is that, come the fall, they are all even older, and just that little bit less energised. In the fall - and that is assuming the tour will be rescheduled for then - the weather will not be as good, the venues may be needed for other activities, and the entire shape of the tour may need to be significantly changed.

I cannot see anything other than a very significant reason for this change. Yes I know the tour had not been officially announced, but it does seem like it was all set for that to happen. Whatever the reason, it must be quite big.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: February 17, 2023 04:16

Very exciting that there's even real talk of another tour IN THE STATES THIS YEAR!!! And, it seems like they're going to give us another new album!!! That's a lot to look forward to. I hope that they stay well.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 17, 2023 04:41

DiegoGlimmerStones
schwonek
Elmo Lewis
Yes, many fall tours through the years

Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Voodoo
Bridges

Fall is much better than summer to be outdoors in the southern US, for sure.

Plus if we get a tour with an album as strong as any one of the four - we will be blessed.

smileys with beer

Reads like a Black Mirror episode.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 17, 2023 04:52

jmd
crholmstrom
artedm
Thanks BV

I’ve attended F1 USGP in Austin since 2013. Looked at the prices for Vegas and got sticker shock…2x to 3x higher than what I’ve paid in Austin. And that didn’t take hotel into account. And although watching the cars head down the strip looks like fun, the layout doesn’t seem particularly exciting…like Baku without the twisty bits in the old town. Guess we will see.

Also, I would expect the Sphere to be dark GP week since the track circles it. There’s also some grandstands around the Sphere.

(I’m curious to see what the reaction is when folks realize qual is set for midnight Vegas time and the race at 10pm…)

Don’t wish to get off topic but I’d imagine those in attendance will be happy with that. I don’t think anyone is going to the Vegas Grand Prix because they’re a fan of racing - rather it’s just a parade of all the cars in the paddock putting on a show under the lights for the rich folk that likely don’t care too much about what they’re seeing . Sounds familiar actually.

I went to Hungary last year - £340 for weekend tickets perched at the end of turn 1. Fantastic value and some great racing. I have Monza tickets for this year right opposite the podium. Austin looks like fun, I’d have loved to have been there for Kimi’s last win.

Anyway sorry again for getting off topic…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 04:53 by Bastion.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 17, 2023 05:13

dkwalika

I want to know the entire itinerary if possible, too. I know it won’t happen now according to the original planned schedule — just curious.

georgelicks

So, together with the rumored dates for the summer tour 2023, which have been seemingly postponed to the fall, here is an updated clue —

* Jun 6 Glendale AZ USA [tour start]
* Jun 18 Edmonton Alberta Canada, Edmonton Commonwealth stadium (48,000)
* Jun 30 Chicago IL USA, Soldier Field (50,000)
* Jul 08 Foxboro (near Boston) MA USA, Gillette Stadium (50,000)
* Jul 20 Cleveland OH USA Cleveland FirstEnergy Stadium (50,000)
* Aug 1 Philadelphia PA USA [tour finish]

Most likely possible other dates would have been June 10, 14, 22, 26 and July 12, 16, 24, 28. That would have been 14 shows with three days off between each show. And 7 shows on each leg with one week break between July 1 and 7. Perfect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 05:35 by RisingStone.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 17, 2023 05:31

GerardHennessy
What I do know is that, come the fall, they are all even older, and just that little bit less energised.

Yes, the decay from June to September will be horrific.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 17, 2023 05:47

DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy
What I do know is that, come the fall, they are all even older, and just that little bit less energised.

Don’t waste your time with nonsense DeanGoodman. I don’t understand the intelligence of people sometimes. The Stones do not have a “sell by date” Gerard

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 17, 2023 06:03

Bastion
jmd
crholmstrom
artedm
Thanks BV

Don’t wish to get off topic but I’d imagine those in attendance will be happy with that. I don’t think anyone is going to the Vegas Grand Prix because they’re a fan of racing - rather it’s just a parade of all the cars in the paddock putting on a show under the lights for the rich folk that likely don’t care too much about what they’re seeing . Sounds familiar actually.

I went to Hungary last year - £340 for weekend tickets perched at the end of turn 1. Fantastic value and some great racing. I have Monza tickets for this year right opposite the podium. Austin looks like fun, I’d have loved to have been there for Kimi’s last win.

Anyway sorry again for getting off topic…

Yeah, I realized after I posted that I was getting off the rails from 2023 tour plans. Should have found the F1 thread that’s around here somewhere. Sorry, BV.

(And yes, Kimi’s last win was pretty cool…my wife and I kept saying, “How the f*** did that happen?!?”

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 17, 2023 06:44

More Hot Rocks
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Don’t waste your time with nonsense DeanGoodman. I don’t understand the intelligence of people sometimes. The Stones do not have a “sell by date” Gerard

Guess you missed the sarcasm.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 17, 2023 07:54

buffalo7478
Cleveland is an easy 3 hour drive from Buffalo. Also a short ride from Detroit and Pittsburgh. 5 hours from Toronto. Plenty of places to stay. Plenty to do around town. The only negative of the last show I saw, in Pittsburgh in 2021, was the crowd's lack of energy. The band had 'it' still.

That's not true at all. I was in the pit on Ronnie's side and I thought the energy of the audience was very high.

plexi

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 17, 2023 09:50

They scrapped an entire US summer tour three days before the announcement?
The Stones are loathe to miss a gig,let alone a tour.something is very wrong here.
Only time I can think of anything close to this was when L’Wren passed away before the Australian tour and a few years later the delay during Micks heart procedure and then of course the pandemic, three pretty big f’n deals.
Looking to the fall sounds good but let’s not fool ourselves, an entire US tour does not just disappear on a whim.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2023 11:37

The tour delay is NOT related to the new album.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2023 11:50

I have said this many times, and I will say it one more time. A Stones tour is a major investment. Ticket sales are in the range of 10 million USD per show. Then add merchandise and other activities.

If this investment is at risk then they will have to delay. Such a delay have been the case on each of recent tours:

2019: Tour start postponed from April 20 to June 21.

2021: Tour start delayed from May 8 2020 to Sep 20 2021.

2022: Tour announcement delayed and two shows replaced due to the security situation in Europe.

2023: Tour postponed from summer (June/July) into hopefully fall rescheduled dates.

The 2023 tour plans looks great, and I do really hope they will be able to sort out new dates for all the planned shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 17, 2023 11:51

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 16:17 by deeeskannnie.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 17, 2023 13:32

DeanGoodman
More Hot Rocks
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Such a pity that a view I expressed with respect, and with concern for the band, has been treated with sarcasm, criticism and references to intelligence, or the lack of it. I have not remotely suggested decay or a major reduction in skill or ability. I even used the words 'little bit' . I have not even implied a 'sell-by' date. However being pretty much the same age as Mick and Keith, I do know how relentless the passage of time is, and how even a few months can leave one a couple of percentage points less energetic. And I say this as someone who runs, swims, exercises and relentlessly follows a healthy lifestyle.

I have no problem whatsoever with anyone challenging something I might suggest. That is what this site exists for. But we don't need sarcasm, personal criticism or disrespect should I offer my own point of view. We are all Stones fans after all and we are all lovers of the band.

Can we please put the personal criticisms aside and just rock'n'roll??

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 17, 2023 14:31

GerardHennessy
DeanGoodman
More Hot Rocks
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Such a pity that a view I expressed with respect, and with concern for the band, has been treated with sarcasm, criticism and references to intelligence, or the lack of it. I have not remotely suggested decay or a major reduction in skill or ability. I even used the words 'little bit' . I have not even implied a 'sell-by' date. However being pretty much the same age as Mick and Keith, I do know how relentless the passage of time is, and how even a few months can leave one a couple of percentage points less energetic. And I say this as someone who runs, swims, exercises and relentlessly follows a healthy lifestyle.

I have no problem whatsoever with anyone challenging something I might suggest. That is what this site exists for. But we don't need sarcasm, personal criticism or disrespect should I offer my own point of view. We are all Stones fans after all and we are all lovers of the band.

Can we please put the personal criticisms aside and just rock'n'roll??

Gerard, you're 100% right and anyone who doesn't agree is obviously still on the young side.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 17, 2023 14:43

Well, hotels cancelled. Even when the advance rumours don’t pan out, it’s nice to have enough hints ahead of time to try to book rooms before the prices jump so, occasional frustration aside, that effort is much appreciated. Fingers crossed for fall…

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 17, 2023 14:54

RisingStone
dkwalika

I want to know the entire itinerary if possible, too. I know it won’t happen now according to the original planned schedule — just curious.

georgelicks

So, together with the rumored dates for the summer tour 2023, which have been seemingly postponed to the fall, here is an updated clue —

Most likely possible other dates would have been June 10, 14, 22, 26 and July 12, 16, 24, 28. That would have been 14 shows with three days off between each show. And 7 shows on each leg with one week break between July 1 and 7. Perfect.

Thanks, this is great. I wonder if there'll be anymore in the Midwest. When they do Chicago, they normally don't do Minneapolis or Milwaukee, especially with only 14 dates total. Detroit, maybe?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 17, 2023 15:47

dkwalika
RisingStone
dkwalika

georgelicks

Thanks, this is great. I wonder if there'll be anymore in the Midwest. When they do Chicago, they normally don't do Minneapolis or Milwaukee, especially with only 14 dates total. Detroit, maybe?

Well, without further information available, anything beyond that would be pure speculation.

That being said, I’d say Buffalo rather than Detroit which is relatively close to Cleveland, and also considering it was initially included in the postponed USA tour 2020 and then cancelled when the tour 2021 dates were announced. And the Stones played Detroit in 2021.

I wonder if the other Canadian date was Vancouver, again considering it was cancelled previous time. Toronto could be covered by Buffalo (another strong factor for its possible inclusion in the itinerary).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home