Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2023 12:55

Topi

That would lead one to believe it wasn't about venue availability, at least.

In 2022 they tried, tried and tried .... and couldn't get no replacement venue/date for the Bern concert.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2023 13:04

C'mon, Irix. Now you're talking about a completely different thing: a show cancelled on a short notice that needs rescheduling in the middle of a tour.

I for one trust BV when he said they had reserved venues for the tour. That tells me the complete itinerary was already planned out. BV even says 14 shows "were planned". That means there was a plan, there was a schedule, there were venues with dates.

This is something else.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 13:07 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2023 13:04

Irix
Topi

That would lead one to believe it wasn't about venue availability, at least.

In 2022 they tried, tried and tried .... and couldn't get no replacement venue/date for the Bern concert.

Berlin

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 16, 2023 13:34

While Ronnie *might* be replaceable I'm not sure they would tour without him as it would take out a lot of the "fun" and it's not like they need the money. So why did they tour without Charlie then? Well because he'd told them to, that he said he'd get better and when he didn't everything was ready to go. That explains 2021, not 2022 so much...but I suppose it had felt "ok". What if Ronnie (or Keith) says the same? It's anyone's guess!
Clearly the only one that cannot be replaced (for the average punter) is Mick.

Best case scenario is a financial reason and it's not great on several levels as already discussed.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 16, 2023 13:48

Irix
Harlem Shuffler

I can’t believe that was because of something minor.

Why not? Rumors were that the 2023 Tour would be arenas & stadiums combined - maybe they couldn't book the venues as required by the tour schedule / logistics.

And they found out two days in prior to the tour-announcement? Not a chance...

My two cents is that there are issues with sponsors/investors or with the progress of the new album. They were open and honest about health issues in the past. So I have no doubt, they would be honest about it now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:00

ribbelchips

Of course not - because technical (or similar) issues cannot occur at short notice and plans are always realised as planned .... winking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:09

ribbelchips
Irix
Harlem Shuffler

I can’t believe that was because of something minor.

Why not? Rumors were that the 2023 Tour would be arenas & stadiums combined - maybe they couldn't book the venues as required by the tour schedule / logistics.

My two cents is that there are issues with sponsors/investors or with the progress of the new album. They were open and honest about health issues in the past. So I have no doubt, they would be honest about it now.

Honesty about past health issues came after a tour had already been announced, whereas in this case no tour has even been announced. There is no need for any anyone to be "honest" about the reason for cancelling a tour announcement that the average person on the street had no idea was about to happen in the first place.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:26

Please DO NOT post speculations about why the tour announcement was cancelled. It's all just wild speculations.

The September rumour was just a rumour, an incorrect one, from good sources, but I never published that date, because I had no confirmed shows in August (the tour was supposed to end Aug 1).

They were planning to do 14 shows with 700,000 fans during June/July. All set to go. This would have been a major investment, ticket sales of may be 130 million US dollars. Sure they needed to be 100% ready to tour. So may be they were just 95% ready, then they decided to delay, better to delay now that delay later, when lots of tickets are sold.

Like I said, there is nothing to worry about, no major issue, just a minor detail that makes it easier to tour later. No worries. Please stop bugging this forum with speculations. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:39

If it is true that a tour announcement was to be made, then everything would have been agreed and in place for the tour.

To cancel the announcement can only mean that something fairly serious has occurred........to stop or delay the tour announcement, but not necessarily the tour.

It could be any one of a hundred things.........medical, financial, logistical, illness in the family.......we will have to wait and see.

But I don't see that a possible delay with the new album (years in the making) would be enough for the Stones as a business (which is what they now are) to be prepared to take the hit for rescheduling or cancelling a tour........they don't have time on their side anymore and they know that........IMHO.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 16, 2023 14:41

Sincere apologies to BV........your post appeared as I was typing my post.......don't seem to get anything right this week.

Posted by: Angie73 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 15:28

Of course, I wanted to write that none of them can be replaced for me..

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: February 16, 2023 16:04

shattered
TumblinDice76
downagain
An announcement to cancel an announcement feels like a Monty Python sketch.
I literally laughed out loud when I read this! Appreciate your lighter perspective!

Me too!

Wasn't there a line from Spinal Tap that "you can't promote something that doesn't exist?"

Glad you folks got a chuckle.
I can't remember the Spinal Tap Scene but for some reason your comment brought to mind the scene in Spaceballs with all the Spaceball's merchandise and them watching the movie they are currently making.
I proudly sport a "Spaceballs the Bumper Sticker" on the back of my Honda.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 16:28

Cleveland is an easy 3 hour drive from Buffalo. Also a short ride from Detroit and Pittsburgh. 5 hours from Toronto. Plenty of places to stay. Plenty to do around town. The only negative of the last show I saw, in Pittsburgh in 2021, was the crowd's lack of energy. The band had 'it' still.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 16, 2023 16:41

Thank you BV for your calm and on point announcements!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 20:06

Thanks BV. There are so many big and little details to arranging a tour by any band, let alone the Stones. I's dotted, T's crossed on everything from venue availability, contracts for everything, finance, personnel availability, routing, insurance, transportation, visas, permits...mind boggling detail. I can only imagine the piles of paperwork. A machine with many moving parts.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 16, 2023 20:12

Topi

Any weird vibes yet? Huh?

You jinxed it! (cc @Hairball)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 16, 2023 20:28

Harlem Shuffler
Dan
Harlem Shuffler
bv
If you have not read everything posted here lately then please start with the latest IORR News entry, then click on the link to this thread, which will take you to the top of page 74 of this thread, link below:

[iorr.org]

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, except for the fact that they could not announce the tour this summer now. Hopefully they will find time etc to fit the shows in later this year, fall time.

If there is “absolutely nothing to worry about”, why is there’s no explanation as to why the announcement is cancelled?

Because - officially - there is no tour and therefore no announcement. There was never an announcement of an announcement either.

LOTS of bands place hold dates and book shows that never happen. I get informed of them from time to time as well.

I guess you can try writing the band a letter and asking?

Me? Not worried. Now my other plans aren't being held up buy what someone might do.

Yes, I realise that nothing official ever happened but nonetheless they cancelled what was to be an official announcement one day before it was due. I can’t believe that was because of something minor.Just as bv’s sources informed him what was planned,I would have thought they could let him know why things have been put on hold indefinitely.

It's also entirely possible HIS sources don't know why. Just "hey we put the brakes on." Could also have been the plans were halted much earlier and word just got out. I mean there were rumblings of September dates weeks ago that led him to believe it was a longer tour. Again, this kind of circumstance is nothing new if you are going to concerts all week and following lots of bands for decades.

I have said all along multiple options were being explored and venues held and in the end the band picks one and goes with it. Could have been we were looking at option A all along and when it came time to press the button they decided to go with option C.

Fun to follow here if only to add my own speculation and see what I get correct but I am not really wrapped up in their lives either or particularly emotionally invested in a tour I may not have been able to see (no LA date!).

Date: February 16, 2023 20:35

buffalo7478
Thanks BV. There are so many big and little details to arranging a tour by any band, let alone the Stones. I's dotted, T's crossed on everything from venue availability, contracts for everything, finance, personnel availability, routing, insurance, transportation, visas, permits...mind boggling detail. I can only imagine the piles of paperwork. A machine with many moving parts.

Supply chain issues and staffing shortages are absolutely affecting the touring industry.

Used to be the lead time between sale/announcement and event date grew from 2 months to a year plus due to rising ticket prices and to get a jump on the competition (If you are only going to see one band this year it should be us) but now I am hearing it takes that long to be assured you will have everything you need to execute it.

But the Stones prefer to shrink that lead time for various reasons now.

Some of us may be Rolling Stones exceptionalists but in the end it's just another tour, just another concert and the same conditions apply.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2023 21:29

DeanGoodman
Topi

Any weird vibes yet? Huh?

You jinxed it! (cc @Hairball)

Looks like it! Mea culpa!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 16, 2023 21:37

For my schedule a fall tour is better but like Keith says I am happy to be here, I am happy to be anywhere, I will adjust my schedule to their schedule to do 4 to 6 shows. Willing to be patient.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 16, 2023 21:49

buffalo7478

Well said!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2023 22:29

My understanding is they are working on new dates for the fall.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 22:38

Bjornulf

Does this moving of the tour to the fall mid September to mid November have to do with all the other big acts already hitting the road in the summer and maybe road crews may not be available till September. or stadium dates may not be open.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 16, 2023 22:56

jason8903
Bjornulf

Does this moving of the tour to the fall mid September to mid November have to do with all the other big acts already hitting the road in the summer and maybe road crews may not be available till September. or stadium dates may not be open.

Probably just a Q4 record release. That used to be the primo time to put out albums, maybe it still is. A tour will also boost merch sales in time for Xmas.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 16, 2023 23:02

Yes, many fall tours through the years

Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Voodoo
Bridges

Fall is much better than summer to be outdoors in the southern US, for sure.

Date: February 16, 2023 23:09

jason8903
Bjornulf

Asking the same question a different way over and over isn't going to get the desired response

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 16, 2023 23:14

Elmo Lewis

Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Voodoo
Bridges

Plus if we get a tour with an album as strong as any one of the four - we will be blessed.

Date: February 16, 2023 23:48

schwonek
Elmo Lewis

Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Voodoo
Bridges

Plus if we get a tour with an album as strong as any one of the four - we will be blessed.

smileys with beer

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 16, 2023 23:50

Little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah (I've been walking the streets at night)

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 17, 2023 00:06

So, we know of four rumoured sites (Edmonton, Chicago, Boston area, Cleveland). Any scoop on the other ten (if the fourteen number is correct).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home