Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 13, 2023 19:57

From Sep 2021 until Aug 2022 i.e. in 12 months time they did two tours with 15+14 = 29 shows. If they do 14 or so shows this summer in North America, they could do a few shows in favorite cities like Tokyo, Sydney, Buenos Aires, São Paulo spring time, then Europe summer next year. It is just my guess.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:25

More Hot Rocks
schwonek
More Hot Rocks
schwonek
mailexile67
Are there any possibilities for South American, Japanese and Australian gigs in the fall or early '24?!

Anything is possible. I would think they tour Europe first with the new album - it is a bigger market and easier.

tour starts in N America in June. Its all over the board

Dude! He wrote 2024. I know that there is a US tour coming up in 2023.

Dude dude Sorry dude! Dude! Im sorry.

No worries. All that matters are the Rolling Stones. And they are coming!

Date: February 13, 2023 20:26

bv
From Sep 2021 until Aug 2022 i.e. in 12 months time they did two tours with 15+14 = 29 shows. If they do 14 or so shows this summer in North America, they could do a few shows in favorite cities like Tokyo, Sydney, Buenos Aires, São Paulo spring time, then Europe summer next year. It is just my guess.

I would love to see them in Sao Paolo.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:28

Amy340
jshidoob
Anyone hearing a potential tour date for Buffalo? It appears that Highmark Stadium has an open schedule all summer

My niece works for the Bills as stadium operations and event assistant. She said there’s been mention of a possible show, but she didn’t know full details.

They would be great! The last show in Buffalo was one of the best Stones shows I ever saw!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 13, 2023 21:53

The tour supposedly goes from "June into September" which could mean a longer outing than the 14-15 shows we've seen in the last ten years or so. Consider it might have been Charlie that had them doing the (age appropriate) smaller runs He was the oldest and had the most physical job to do. Mick doesn't count because, well, he's Mick.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 13, 2023 21:57

rbk
The tour supposedly goes from "June into September" which could mean a longer outing than the 14-15 shows we've seen in the last ten years or so. Consider it might have been Charlie that had them doing the (age appropriate) smaller runs He was the oldest and had the most physical job to do. Mick doesn't count because, well, he's Mick.

Pretty sure it's looking like June-July now, not June-September.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 13, 2023 22:56

BV - when you say "spring" for Sao Paulo, Sydney etc. do you mean their Spring (i.e. September this year) or "our" (the Northern hemisphere) spring (i.e. March next year).

Could we be talking about two different legs this year...

June-July in North America
then..
September in Brasil etc...

That would explain the August "gap"..

GB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 22:57 by GJB.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 00:49

syrel
Bastion
Purgatory

Venue? Date?

Lake of Fire Amphitheater. Date still be negotiated.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 14, 2023 01:35

VoodooLounge13
syrel
Bastion
Purgatory

Venue? Date?

Show will start and end with Symapthy, with snippets of Devil Went Down to Georgia, Devil in a Blue Dress, and Running With the Devil.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 14, 2023 01:41

There's a stadium in Tulsa now booking shows? This could be an interesting wildcard, if they played Wichita and Norman (OKC) in the past. This could be their regional show if Texas might be considered tapped out.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2023 05:33

NashvilleBlues
rbk

Well maybe early June - early August. But I can’t see them take just August off then go Brasil in Sept. Dec would be better.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 14, 2023 06:42

babyblue
NashvilleBlues
rbk

Well maybe early June - early August. But I can’t see them take just August off then go Brasil in Sept. Dec would be better.

More like February as they usually do. That's the warm time of the year there. If you look at their tours of that part of the world, specifically Buenos Aires, going back to 1995, you will see mostly February, tho in '95, they played Buenos Aires in late March and the first few days of April.

plexi

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 14, 2023 07:12

I thought Rock In Rio was a possibility but I think it's every other year so that would exclude 2023. There is another festival called The Town in Sao Paulo put on by the RIR founder in September with 105,000 capacity but I am not sure if the lineup is complete or not.

Thought maybe the promotional tour cycle might be a little different due to the new album but let's face it, it's a different world and an extensive tour or 250k dropped on a music video will not affect sales one bit.

But if they insist, might I recommend Jimmy Kimmel Live with Hollywood Bl blocked off? I mean if McCartney can do it ...

Date: February 14, 2023 11:15

mosthigh
VoodooLounge13
syrel
Bastion
Purgatory

Venue? Date?

Show will start and end with Symapthy, with snippets of Devil Went Down to Georgia, Devil in a Blue Dress, and Running With the Devil.

With guest Alex VH on drums.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2023 12:58

When they do South America they should do San Jose, Costa Rica.

Date: February 14, 2023 13:01

babyblue
When they do South America they should do San Jose, Costa Rica.

Not in South America smiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 14, 2023 13:13

mailexile67
Are there any possibilities for South American, Japanese and Australian gigs in the fall or early '24?!

don't know about japan or austtalia but actually there is a rumour from a reliable source that they'll tour in south america at the end of this year

however that does sound kinda extreme to me after a possible 4 month tour over the summer

but the rumours about a latin american tour started as far back as last summer so it would seem they are pretty interested in touring there again at some point in the near future

Date: February 14, 2023 13:27

ProfessorWolf
mailexile67

don't know about japan or austtalia but actually there is a rumour from a reliable source that they'll tour in south america at the end of this year

however that does sound kinda extreme to me after a possible 4 month tour over the summer

but the rumours about a latin american tour started as far back as last summer so it would seem they are pretty interested in touring there again at some point in the near future

If they play 12-14 shows until July they should be good to go end of year stint in South America.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: February 14, 2023 15:53

i wish the tour opened in south Florida...i do have Chicago hotel booked
please no hard rock......bv do you think we will know by march 1

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: February 14, 2023 16:53

Announcement in 5 minutes on 97.1. Hopefully we were right

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:02

^ Springsteen at Wrigley Field

[twitter.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:04

Great. Just spent 10 minutes listening to 97.1 in Gatineau. Be specific, man! grinning smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:10

Nothing gets announced before bv says so, you know that STG

Date: February 14, 2023 17:20

Dammit Syrel, I’m a woman on the edge here! eye popping smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:23

Looks like there could be a July 4 show, if they don't use that as a week off. It'd be cool to celebrate the 4th with The Stones!
smoking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:30

4th of July 2015 was a blast at the Brickyard!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:36

SomeTorontoGirl

Yeah, after the rush of learning about four shows, two days of silence is definitely putting me on edge. There are hotels to book! (Plus I'm waiting for the Leafs to make a trade...).
syrel

Date: February 14, 2023 17:43

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl

Yeah, after the rush of learning about four shows, two days of silence is definitely putting me on edge. There are hotels to book! (Plus I'm waiting for the Leafs to make a trade...).
syrel

The Leafs? Focus, man! We have a tour to plan! (Hope to see you on the road!)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2023 18:45

Rolling Stones rumored to be returning to Cleveland for summer show

Gary Graff credits "often reliable fan site iorr.org"

[www.cleveland.com]

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: February 14, 2023 20:01

Yep. Knew that was coming just didn't know when. He is playing 2

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 123