Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 12, 2023 17:59

NilsHolgersson
"In Our Prime" tour 2023

Powered by Amazon

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 12, 2023 18:13

NilsHolgersson
"In Our Prime" tour 2023

Could be worse… grinning smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2023 18:13

Keefy
Hearing rumblings of Dallas Cotton Bowl early Sept. The 5th to be exact..

This tour is going to need more than one break, lol

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 12, 2023 18:17

Topi
They did not have two stages in Europe last year. In fact, they did not have a stage to haul around at all, they rented the stages locally and just brought the screens/frames/PA.

My fault. I was thinking of the frame. That red and yellow thing. Non factor, I guess.

Date: February 12, 2023 18:25

The "omelette" frame! grinning smiley

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: February 12, 2023 18:37

Who else thinks a big Super Bowl commercial announcement of the new album and accompanying tour could be in the works later today?! Definitely wishful thinking but it would be an excellent way to get out in front of the American audience! Something new and different that they haven’t done in the past, screams a Mick marketing trick. Who knows. Just excited as hell to hear the rumors coming in.

Date: February 12, 2023 19:13

Ram
Who else thinks a big Super Bowl commercial announcement of the new album and accompanying tour could be in the works later today?! Definitely wishful thinking but it would be an excellent way to get out in front of the American audience! Something new and different that they haven’t done in the past, screams a Mick marketing trick. Who knows. Just excited as hell to hear the rumors coming in.

I think some sort of teaser of the new album/tour might work today, since the announcement is coming later this month

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:18

Ram

$7 million for 30 seconds. Probably not!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:36

Ram

Who else thinks a big Super Bowl commercial announcement of the new album and accompanying tour could be in the works later today?!

2023 Super Bowl halftime show live-performance is by Rihanna - [www.NME.com] .

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:47

I haven't been posting much lately, but it will be good to see some of my old friends from previous shows: BFR, Mister DDDD, Cindy C, Hockenheim, Jason (can't think of his online name), Plexi, Angee, & others I forgot their names. I remember meeting a lot of you at the tour opener in St Louis back in 2021!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:49

I have not seen any rumoured shows in August yet, so I am not sure if they will do more than the usual set of 14 or so shows in June and July. What I do have indications on is tour start early June.

Bjornulf

Date: February 12, 2023 20:10

bv
I have not seen any rumoured shows in August yet, so I am not sure if they will do more than the usual set of 14 or so shows in June and July. What I do have indications on is tour start early June.

Will Philly be end of tour / end of July maybe?

Date: February 12, 2023 20:20

schwonek
bv

Maybe they will tour in June/July then a few weeks break and few bonus shows in late August/early September

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 12, 2023 20:53

DiegoGlimmerStones
schwonek
bv

Maybe they will tour in June/July then a few weeks break and few bonus shows in late August/early September

I keep thinking Rock In Rio in September is a possibility but that's more a hunch than anything. Kinda like my hunch going all the way back to 2015 that any tour would include Edmonton or similar Canadian markets. A full Latin American tour seems really complicated but there are those "South American rumblings" that were being hinted at.

It could be preceded by Southern US -> Texas -> Mexico so the band isn't turning up in front of the cameras for their next broadcast / DVD rusty from a 4 week break. They would be using the festival stage so no complicated transport of a custom stage beyond that.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 20:55

Well looks like the word is out in Boston. The Marriot at Gillette stadium rooms are $2,000 + on July 8th

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 12, 2023 21:03

Irix
Ram

Who else thinks a big Super Bowl commercial announcement of the new album and accompanying tour could be in the works later today?!

2023 Super Bowl halftime show live-performance is by Rihanna - [www.NME.com] .

And just like us, Rihanna fans are speculating about a new album. Rihanna hasnt released an album since 2016, thats Blue & Lonesome long!

Date: February 12, 2023 21:28

Stones726
Well looks like the word is out in Boston. The Marriot at Gillette stadium rooms are $2,000 + on July 8th

Talk about dynamic pricing!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 12, 2023 22:50

Topi
Stones726

I just got a room 4 miles from the venue/stade with an "Exceptional" rating for an average of $367 a night including taxes for two nights, July 7th and 8th.

I also have two reservations for Chicago depending on how things work out.

Hopefully this is one big business trip so my employer pays for everything, as has often been the case in the past.

But we'll see how everything shakes out after the official announcement. All is subject to change.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-12 22:51 by timbernardis.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2023 22:56

timbernardis
Topi
Stones726

I just got a room 4 miles from the venue/stade with an "Exceptional" rating for an average of $367 a night including taxes for two nights, July 7th and 8th.

I also have two reservations for Chicago depending on how things work out.

Hopefully this is one big business trip so my employer pays for everything, as has often been the case in the past.

But we'll see how everything shakes out after the official announcement. All is subject to change.

plexi

Fairfield Inn? That's where I booked.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 23:40

I’ll be driving in and out of Foxborough as it’s only about 2 hours to my folks house where I can crash with my sons.

I have a question/thought that I’ve been curious about for a long time that I’d like to ask of the group but I mean no disrespect at all and I’ve never brought it up because of who it involves, but given all these rumors now about a twice as long tour I cannot hold it in anymore…..

Is it possible that Charlie was the reason why they only did 14 shows at a time? That at their advanced ages that’s how they got him to commit to continuing? I know they all love doing what they do but I e been wondering g about that and now that they seem to going out for so long I’ve been wondering about it more. I love and miss Charlie immensely and am afraid of the blowback this question might bring.

Date: February 12, 2023 23:52

VoodooLounge13
Is it possible that Charlie was the reason why they only did 14 shows at a time?

I am sure you have heard the many interviews with Charlie about touring and staying at home. Also I feel that Mick, Ron and Keith enjoy their time without the band a lot. So I guess 14 is just what it all came down to. They soon will turn 90...

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 12, 2023 23:56

Purgatory

Date: February 13, 2023 00:04

On July 29th there is a concert on Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. Is it possible for the Stones to play on the 31st? Seems pretty tight to me.

Btw. Good luck Eagles.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:05

I lived in Cleveland..I can confirm..not a place to spend time or money as a tourist/visitor..it's a ways but Edmonton is within 4 hr drive of some of the prettiest scenery I have ever seen..Lake Louise and Banff..

I lived in Chicago too - love that town..love it.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:07

Dan
VoodooLounge13
schwonek
Is Cleveland a nice place to stay for a few nights? Lake Erie? Any great nature stuff around? End of July is really the only time that will work for me coming from Germany.

For me personally, Cleveland is the crappiest city in Ohio. Rundown and has an upstate NY vibe to it. Other than the RnR HOF there’s nothing to really see there. Went to an Indians game about 6 years ago and walking to the stadium made me nervous. Parking lots in sketchy part of town but coming thru the downtown area was a short but nice area. I’d consider going if this show was on the weekend but I’d be in and out same day. No way I’d stay there. It’s not far from Niagara Falls really. A few hours drive.

I would have bet on Columbus due to larger stadium and central location not to mention concerts in general draw stronger there.

I know it's a different era but wasn't the Licks arena show conspicuously less than full?

I lived in Cleveland..I can confirm..not a place to spend time or money as a tourist/visitor..it's a ways but Edmonton is within 4 hr drive of some of the prettiest scenery I have ever seen..Lake Louise and Banff..

I lived in Chicago too - love that town..love it

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:10

schwonek
VoodooLounge13
Is it possible that Charlie was the reason why they only did 14 shows at a time?

I am sure you have heard the many interviews with Charlie about touring and staying at home. Also I feel that Mick, Ron and Keith enjoy their time without the band a lot. So I guess 14 is just what it all came down to. They soon will turn 90...

Yes of course. Mick, Keef, and Ron is usually have many other things going on between tours even the latter tours. I was
Just curious if I was the only one who’d had that thought.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:22

VoodooLounge13
I have a question/thought that I’ve been curious about for a long time that I’d like to ask of the group but I mean no disrespect at all and I’ve never brought it up because of who it involves, but given all these rumors now about a twice as long tour I cannot hold it in anymore…..

Is it possible that Charlie was the reason why they only did 14 shows at a time? That at their advanced ages that’s how they got him to commit to continuing? I know they all love doing what they do but I e been wondering g about that and now that they seem to going out for so long I’ve been wondering about it more. I love and miss Charlie immensely and am afraid of the blowback this question might bring.

If they tour longer than around 14 dates, which is the standard of the last few years, most likely the reason could be that the new tour will be after the new album — even though an artist can’t rely on album sales for the profit-making these days.

They could have planned and done that way in 2022 if Charlie was the reason.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:21

Sockers56
I haven't been posting much lately, but it will be good to see some of my old friends from previous shows: BFR, Mister DDDD, Cindy C, Hockenheim, Jason (can't think of his online name), Plexi, Angee, & others I forgot their names. I remember meeting a lot of you at the tour opener in St Louis back in 2021!

Sockers56, thanks for the mention. Were you in Las Vegas last time, remind me?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 06:02 by angee.

Date: February 13, 2023 01:28

schwonek
On July 29th there is a concert on Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. Is it possible for the Stones to play on the 31st? Seems pretty tight to me.

Btw. Good luck Eagles.

These newer stadium stages build faster and are more portable but I am not sure about the actual details.

Now if Live Nation is promoting the new tour and the Stones aren't using custom stage, they just might play on the same basic structure. LiveNation often pairs different stadium gigs in the same city using the same stage. See Billy Joel / Metallica in Las Vegas or Journey & The Eagles in San Diego for examples.

Or maybe they are opening for Luke Combs but he certainly doesn't need any help, the show is sold out.

Date: February 13, 2023 01:31

VoodooLounge13
I’ll be driving in and out of Foxborough as it’s only about 2 hours to my folks house where I can crash with my sons.

This is what I always thought. Could be but also if they are happy with the arrangement it could continue. It might not even be so much as him insisting as suggesting and the band voting on it. We know he was outvoted on Glastonbury.

As far back as Licks Mick was saying this may be the last long tour but they could do more frequent shorter tours so it certainly wasn't a new concept for them in 2012.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home