Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 9, 2023 15:41

...and the background photo.

So okay, that's SIXTY wiped out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 15:43 by Topi.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:10

Whenever they tour and wherever they go I will be there....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 19:17 by bradleycsocal.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:22

bradleycsocal
Whenever they tour and wherever they go I will be there....

same here.

plexi

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:25

Not to nitpick, but the indoor arena located at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York is UBS Arena, as in Union Bank of Switzerland ( not USB ).

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:37

BFR
Not to nitpick, but the indoor arena located at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York is UBS Arena, as in Union Bank of Switzerland ( not USB ).

Sorry it was a typo from my side. This is what I was meaning to say, now corrected in my original post of yesterday:

Thirdly, there have been rumours about venues like UBS Arena (near Queens NYC). Also, arena shows at the beginning or end of the tour may be done with a much smaller crew vs stadium shows, i.e. at a lower cost, as we have seen many many times over the years (Waldbühne 2022, Miami/Hollywood 2021, T-Mobile Arena 2016, O2 Arena 2007 etc).

Bjornulf

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:47

bv
daspyknows
bye bye johnny
snoopy2
Just read over on another Stones' fan-run site a rumor of arena shows the first few shows in USA.. Don't know this person, but it grabbed my attention because it was put out there for all to read. Maybe someone here knows more..

Posted on Shidoobee by stonesriff1:

"I'm hearing arena shows for the first 5 or show shows in the USA"

[www.tapatalk.com]

Did he hear it from George Santos? The Rolling Stones are not leaving that much money on the table. Why would they do a summer tour if they are doing arenas for 40% of the tour?

First of all please do not bring US domestic politics or politicians into IORR discussions.

Secondly, please do not shoot people who post here or other places. Any rumour is a valid rumour, even if it does not fit into fixed ideas about previous tours.

Thirdly, there have been rumours about venues like UBS Arena (near Queens NYC). Also, arena shows at the beginning or end of the tour may be done with a much smaller crew vs stadium shows, i.e. at a lower cost, as we have seen many many times over the years (Waldbühne 2022, Miami/Hollywood 2021, T-Mobile Arena 2016, O2 Arena 2007 etc).

Finally, I have reason to believe they are working on some sort of a combined tour, may be June to September, then they would need slightly different schedules and configurations vs in the recent past. Please keep in mind they will tour behind a new album, it does not happen that often.

Lower venue fees, lower crew and logistics costs, higher average ticket price, less physical demands in terms of covering the stage and getting the entire audience involved, more of a "buzz" factor: lots of reasons to do arenas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 19:47 by Send It To me.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:51

There would need to be an announcement very soon for a June-September tour.

Would love to see a UBS Arena show! Beautiful arena, easily accessible by train from NYC.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 9, 2023 20:49

GJB
It is always nice to catch the Stones in a city... but how about The Town? winking smiley

They've played Oakland many times!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 9, 2023 21:32

I’m still hoping for show @ nice Denver stadium.

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: February 9, 2023 22:32

I would love for the stones to play the UBS Arena here in Elmont. It is exactly 3 miles from my house. My only fear would be pricing would be out of this world like Springsteen, and any other big act that plays this kind of venue, at least in the stadiums we have a chance at better pricing specially for the pit

Date: February 9, 2023 22:36

Kevinstones78
I would love for the stones to play the UBS Arena here in Elmont. It is exactly 3 miles from my house. My only fear would be pricing would be out of this world like Springsteen, and any other big act that plays this kind of venue, at least in the stadiums we have a chance at better pricing specially for the pit

But you wouldn't have any travel expenses grinning smiley

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: February 9, 2023 22:56

Yes that is true. I’ve been fortunate to travel to Europe several times to see them. It’s always a great adventure. Seeing the band is the most important thing, but where we live, Ticketmaster is in a state of flux they charge thousands of dollars through resale and other schemes, I would want to bring my family to see them but for $2000 a seat in the orchestra that won’t work. Just look at the prices for Bruce Springsteen on April 9 and April 11 and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I don’t mind spending money when it’s fair, but Ticketmaster is way out of control going indoors will be very costly for all of us.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: February 9, 2023 23:04

I said Stones in Chicago June 30Th.I was told meeting on 2/22 to finalize.Lets see what happens

Date: February 9, 2023 23:27

Kevinstones78
Yes that is true. I’ve been fortunate to travel to Europe several times to see them. It’s always a great adventure. Seeing the band is the most important thing, but where we live, Ticketmaster is in a state of flux they charge thousands of dollars through resale and other schemes, I would want to bring my family to see them but for $2000 a seat in the orchestra that won’t work. Just look at the prices for Bruce Springsteen on April 9 and April 11 and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I don’t mind spending money when it’s fair, but Ticketmaster is way out of control going indoors will be very costly for all of us.

I hear ya. I didn't buy Springsteen tickets for that very reason. I got robbed on Platinum pricing and fees for Harry Styles last year at MSG. $65 in fees, per ticket!! Outrageous...but I don't regret it tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 9, 2023 23:33

hymenlips
I said Stones in Chicago June 30Th.I was told meeting on 2/22 to finalize.Lets see what happens

We’re you privy to an itinerary or just the Chicago info?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 9, 2023 23:52

Woz
GJB
It is always nice to catch the Stones in a city... but how about The Town? winking smiley

Back in the day it was a good venue but after they remodeled for the return of the Raiders (before they even left) the place went down hill. Not a fan of Levi Stadium but the Oakland Coliseum is a literal sh!thole. It is closer to where I live but wouldn't be disappointed if I was out of the country for those shows.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 9, 2023 23:55

Speaking up for fans like myself who crave " deep cuts" and arena shows...we are NOT TRAITORS! We are hard core fans who have, no doubt, seen the band dozens of times....I've seen 40 so far. The combination of a stadium show and almost ALL war horses on the set list is far less appealing after all of these years than an arena show with potentially 6 or 7 GEMS tossed in. The new album insures that we'll hear at least a few new tunes! THANK GOODNESS! We are not insulting the band in any way...we KNOW their capabilities and as someone said, the Licks Tour and No Security are examples of what we're hoping for. I pointed out in my previous post that the GEMS we are craving are basically simplistic in their arrangements and chord progressions. I rest my case. cool smiley

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 10, 2023 00:08

So I'm wondering where they will play in Texas? I'm figuring either Houston or San Antonio since they played Dallas and Austin last tour..

Date: February 10, 2023 07:03

Maybe Dallas wouldn't be out of question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-10 07:11 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 10, 2023 13:25

Keefy
So I'm wondering where they will play in Texas? I'm figuring either Houston or San Antonio since they played Dallas and Austin last tour..

What makes you think they are playing in Texas this year?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 10, 2023 15:19

NashvilleBlues
Keefy

What makes you think they are playing in Texas this year?

Texas is cute.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: February 10, 2023 15:58

Just Chicago.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 10, 2023 17:16

Because of holidays, I will be in Las Vegas from June 21 till 26. Please do a show there as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-10 17:30 by RG.

Date: February 10, 2023 17:35

News updated! Woohoo!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 10, 2023 17:46

Thanks, BV!

Exciting just to see the Tour page go up...

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: February 10, 2023 17:50

daspyknows
Woz
GJB

Back in the day it was a good venue but after they remodeled for the return of the Raiders (before they even left) the place went down hill. Not a fan of Levi Stadium but the Oakland Coliseum is a literal sh!thole. It is closer to where I live but wouldn't be disappointed if I was out of the country for those shows.

Last time The Stones played Levi Stadium, they said it would be the last time. Due to noise ordinances they have to shut down at 10PM

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 10, 2023 17:56

I've been wondering...

With the 14-18 show schedule the band have been using since 2013, where they have at least a week off roughly in the middle of the rehearsal period and the two months of tour dates... maybe 4 months in North America will see a different pace?

Perhaps 3 weeks of shows, followed by a week off, as an example. Last year in Europe there were 2 off-weeks, one of which was used to reschedule the Amsterdam show.

Hoping there is indeed some more solid info coming later this month, as BV states on the News page...

Been doing my hotel homework, now if I could only find a way to win the lottery!!

Date: February 10, 2023 18:02

Glad I got a raise that kicks in in March...and my yearly bonuses. That money is going to good use.

Date: February 10, 2023 18:14

Topi
Glad I got a raise that kicks in in March...and my yearly bonuses. That money is going to good use.

Same for me. The funds will barely have time to rest in my bank account before I hand them over to Mick, just like last year smileys with beer Nothing I'd rather spend my money on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-10 18:15 by BFR.

Date: February 10, 2023 18:20

When there is a tour page you know things are about the get serious.

Not sure if I can make one or two shows this tour. Sure gonna try but summer is almost fully booked already. Also will be very hard to top Waldbuhne.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home