Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2023 06:40

babyblue
I presume like Vancouver , Chicago is a go but that is my opinion. Maybe they will stretch it to 16 shows in North America. Time will tell.

It would be extra nice and special if they revisited the Licks Tour format of clubs/theaters/arenas/stadiums, but of course they're not the same band as they were back then, and logistically/financially it would never work for them. Now it's about cramming as many people in to a dozen or so mega-sized stadiums per year and calling it a day. Still fun to see them, but nothing beats seeing them in a club or theater. Even arenas are superior imo. But it is what it is. While I look forward to seeing them one more time this upcoming tour(maybe even twice), if they had arenas, clubs, and theaters ala Lick Tour on the itinerary, I'd probably be going to at least four.
But one can dream, and maybe a Licks Tour revisited format will happen against all the odds..as you say, time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-03 06:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 3, 2023 09:35

coloradocanyons
BFR
I just looked at hotel prices in Chicago for that weekend eye popping smiley The race is driving those prices sky high and several places I looked at are already sold out.

Plenty of rooms at the bands favorite hotel. Not sure what to make of that.

Prices at that particular hotel look reasonable compared to some of those I saw doing a quick search.

Apparently it is not too popular with the NASCAR crowd.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 3, 2023 10:11

Christopher
I will be at this show.

BFR
MisterDDDD
BFR
I just looked at hotel prices in Chicago for that weekend eye popping smiley The race is driving those prices sky high and several places I looked at are already sold out.

Same.
Booked a refundable moderate room just in case though.. smileys with beer likely not do Chicago this run again, unless it's the opener.

Saving my money for equally expensive Vancouver smileys with beer

Yes summertime very expensive.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: February 3, 2023 19:11

Christopher
I will be at this show.
Great! Hopefully we'll get a confirmation of tour stops in the coming weeks and can start making real plans.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 4, 2023 17:13

I like that we have a new image on our start page - something is moving. (iorr.org that is)

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 4, 2023 21:55

Mick will turn 80 yrs old in July.
I hope they plan something special if they are touring then.

Date: February 4, 2023 22:03

I hope they do a high quality pay-per-view live stream of a show for the upcoming tour...not a decade old pre-taped special ala GRRR live (yawn), but something actually LIVE.
Reminiscent of the amazing 1981 pay-per-view...I have very fond memories of that occasion watching it live with a couple of friends, and I'd happily pay $20 for the opportunity if they did it again.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 4, 2023 23:09

spikenyc

I bet they won't do a show on that day

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 5, 2023 00:05

slewan
spikenyc

Whenever they’re on tour around his birthday they’ve never played on the day itself as far back as I can remember. Last year Gelsenkirchen was the day after. They’ve played the day before or after numerous times down the years.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2023 00:34

grzegorz67
slewan
spikenyc

Whenever they’re on tour around his birthday they’ve never played on the day itself as far back as I can remember. Last year Gelsenkirchen was the day after. They’ve played the day before or after numerous times down the years.

The Stones famously played Madison Square Garden on Mick's 29th birthday in 1972. It was the last show of the tour and they brought out a big birthday cake onstage and sang Happy Birthday. Great show too. They also played in Bloomington, Indiana on Mick's birthday during the 1975 tour, and Oakland, California during the 1978 tour. But I agree, it's not likely they will do a show if they are touring at the time of his 80th birthday this year.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-05 01:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 5, 2023 01:25

slewan
spikenyc

My inclination, too. But on the other hand . . . Mick wouldn't want to leave any money on the table. I don't think PPV concerts are a thing anymore, but an all-star special could certainly be livestreamed on a platform like Apple or Netflix, etc. Elton John got major buzz with his recent Dodger Stadium show on Disney+.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 5, 2023 03:36

For Mick's 80th. No need for guests. Any streaming platform would pay many millions. Probably well into 8 figures with relating marketing deals. It would be a 2 hour show start to finish with every war horse possible. For those attending that may not be what we want.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2023 08:46

TornAndFried
grzegorz67
slewan
spikenyc

The Stones famously played Madison Square Garden on Mick's 29th birthday in 1972. It was the last show of the tour and they brought out a big birthday cake onstage and sang Happy Birthday. Great show too. They also played in Bloomington, Indiana on Mick's birthday during the 1975 tour, and Oakland, California during the 1978 tour. But I agree, it's not likely they will do a show if they are touring at the time of his 80th birthday this year.

And that Oakland show was the last show of the '78 tour. I was there.

plexi

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 5, 2023 11:05

Don't think Mick wants any attention on him turning 80.. he doesnt want his groupies to know

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2023 11:37

They don't care about birthdays or other special dates when booking shows. Some years ago they aimed at booking large shows on Friday's or Saturday's, and still that is how Hyde Park shows do work, and Desert Trip, among others, but most shows are just booked when the schedule is allowing, nothing else. They are simply the biggest event there is, people will come any day of week.

There have been rules recently like show every four days, and a break every four weeks or so, but if they have to adjust to July 26 and all of that, it would be impossible to build a tour. Just watch how recent tours have been in USA, a complete zig-zag, lots of travel, not because they want, but because that is when venues are available.

Bjornulf

Date: February 7, 2023 12:02

There have been at least 9 shows on Micks Birthday...

63 England
64 England
65 England
66 SFO
72 NYC
75 Bloomington
78 Oakland
90 Rome (not Milan)

I am ok with having one on his 80th birthday and I guess so his he.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-08 19:52 by schwonek.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 03:31

Just read over on another Stones' fan-run site a rumor of arena shows the first few shows in USA.. Don't know this person, but it grabbed my attention because it was put out there for all to read. Maybe someone here knows more..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-08 03:48 by snoopy2.

Date: February 8, 2023 03:55

snoopy2
Just read over on another Stones' fan-run site a rumor of arena shows the first few shows in USA.. Don't know this person, but it grabbed my attention because it was put out there for all to read. Maybe someone here knows more..

Anything is possible, and the more rumours and inside sources the merrier. Maybe the idea of a Licks Tour revisited (club/theater/arena/stadium) will actually become a reality?!!
Four or five major North American cities, with three special shows in each one - a club or theater, a basketball/hockey arena, and a massive football stadium...something for everyone. thumbs up

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: February 8, 2023 12:59

schwonek

63 England
64 England
65 England
66 SFO
72 NYC
75 Bloomington
78 Oakland
90 Milan

they did not play Milan in 1990

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 8, 2023 13:24

snoopy2

Posted on Shidoobee by stonesriff1:

"I'm hearing arena shows for the first 5 or show shows in the USA"

[www.tapatalk.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 8, 2023 18:21

bye bye johnny
snoopy2

[www.tapatalk.com]

Did he hear it from George Santos? The Rolling Stones are not leaving that much money on the table. Why would they do a summer tour if they are doing arenas for 40% of the tour?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 8, 2023 18:27

Exactly.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2023 19:24

daspyknows
bye bye johnny
snoopy2

[www.tapatalk.com]

Did he hear it from George Santos? The Rolling Stones are not leaving that much money on the table. Why would they do a summer tour if they are doing arenas for 40% of the tour?

First of all please do not bring US domestic politics or politicians into IORR discussions.

Secondly, please do not shoot people who post here or other places. Any rumour is a valid rumour, even if it does not fit into fixed ideas about previous tours.

Thirdly, there have been rumours about venues like UBS Arena (near Queens NYC). Also, arena shows at the beginning or end of the tour may be done with a much smaller crew vs stadium shows, i.e. at a lower cost, as we have seen many many times over the years (Waldbühne 2022, Miami/Hollywood 2021, T-Mobile Arena 2016, O2 Arena 2007 etc).

Finally, I have reason to believe they are working on some sort of a combined tour, may be June to September, then they would need slightly different schedules and configurations vs in the recent past. Please keep in mind they will tour behind a new album, it does not happen that often.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 19:35 by bv.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 8, 2023 19:32

daspyknows
bye bye johnny
snoopy2

[www.tapatalk.com]

In the Licks 2003 tour of europe, they did about 30 stadium shows and about 16 arena/club shows, which is about 35% of the venues. So sometimes it happens that they leave some money on the table (not that they need it).

Date: February 8, 2023 19:52

superglen
schwonek

63 England
64 England
65 England
66 SFO
72 NYC
75 Bloomington
78 Oakland
90 Rome

True. It was Rome, not Milan. Sorry.

they did not play Milan in 1990

Date: February 8, 2023 21:31

bv
daspyknows
bye bye johnny
snoopy2

[www.tapatalk.com]

First of all please do not bring US domestic politics or politicians into IORR discussions.

Secondly, please do not shoot people who post here or other places. Any rumour is a valid rumour, even if it does not fit into fixed ideas about previous tours.

Thirdly, there have been rumours about venues like USB Arena (near Queens NYC). Also, arena shows at the beginning or end of the tour may be done with a much smaller crew vs stadium shows, i.e. at a lower cost, as we have seen many many times over the years (Waldbühne 2022, Miami/Hollywood 2021, T-Mobile Arena 2016, O2 Arena 2007 etc).

Finally, I have reason to believe they are working on some sort of a combined tour, may be June to September, then they would need slightly different schedules and configurations vs in the recent past. Please keep in mind they will tour behind a new album, it does not happen that often.

AWESOME.thumbs up

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 8, 2023 21:42

It is always nice to catch the Stones in a city... but how about The Town? winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 9, 2023 02:26

"Finally, I have reason to believe they are working on some sort of a combined tour, may be June to September, then they would need slightly different schedules and configurations vs in the recent past."

Bjornulf, what is a "combined tour?" Do you mean one of venues of different sizes? (Pardon my ignorance.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 9, 2023 13:27

bye bye johnny

[www.tapatalk.com]

He also wrote: "San Diego, Long Island and Philly is what i'm hearing." Long Island would be the UBS Arena in NYC that BV also mentioned, I assume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 23:48 by schwonek.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 9, 2023 15:35

San Diego? Hmm...

Also, the Stones just updated their Facebook profile photo, FWIW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 15:38 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home