Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: February 1, 2023 04:03

TumblinDice76
The NASCAR road race is July 1st and 2nd and as already pointed out on here, the layout for the road course is literally 1 mile and less than 5 minutes from Soldier Field. Not saying an event at Soldier on Friday Night couldn't be done, but as this is a first for both NASCAR and Downtown Chicago, I can't imagine them leaving anything for chance. Typically when the Stones play Soldier Field they attract a lot of non concert goers who just want to buy merch and enjoy the scene. That seems like a lot of people so close to an erea that will be pretty much off limits so close to the racing event.

I think that he means The Stones are planning to play Wrigley Field, same as Bruce Springsteen

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 1, 2023 04:11

DiegoGlimmerStones
TumblinDice76
The NASCAR road race is July 1st and 2nd and as already pointed out on here, the layout for the road course is literally 1 mile and less than 5 minutes from Soldier Field. Not saying an event at Soldier on Friday Night couldn't be done, but as this is a first for both NASCAR and Downtown Chicago, I can't imagine them leaving anything for chance. Typically when the Stones play Soldier Field they attract a lot of non concert goers who just want to buy merch and enjoy the scene. That seems like a lot of people so close to an erea that will be pretty much off limits so close to the racing event.

I think that he means The Stones are planning to play Wrigley Field, same as Bruce Springsteen

Wrigley Field is too small.

Date: February 1, 2023 04:26

daspyknows
DiegoGlimmerStones
TumblinDice76

Wrigley Field is too small.

Just checked the capacity, i think Soldier Field makes more sense. Hopefully they'll play there without problems. We'll see thumbs up

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 1, 2023 04:30

Cubs hosting Cleveland the weekend of 6-30 to 7-2 at Wrigley...

If we remember 2019, the shows at Soldier Field were held the same weekend as a big country fest with Keith Urban and others nearby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-01 04:31 by TKinOH.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2023 04:51

Correct, the Lake Shake. I went to see Urban on one of the off days.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 04:54

I would imagine if it was Wrigley it would be 2 or 3 shows due to size. Stones in Wrigleyville just sounds fun! And yes in 2019 Their was both a large Circus and a Country Fest going on at the same time. But both of those are small events compared to a NASCAR Road Race.

Date: February 1, 2023 05:18

[www.nascarchicago.com]

Looks like the course is a bit north and west but it'll be busy, no doubt...

Opening night in 2019 at Soldier I bought a parking pass for the Waldron deck and upon exiting off northbound Lake Shore I was right in there without even stopping at the bottom of the ramp, the law just waved us through... then afterwards right back out, definitely the easiest drive in and out of Chicago for a gig I've ever had...

Date: February 1, 2023 05:21

And the ChiSox are out in Oakland the weekend of 6-30 to 7-2, so Guaranteed Rate Field is open.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 1, 2023 05:56

I presume like Vancouver , Chicago is a go but that is my opinion. Maybe they will stretch it to 16 shows in North America. Time will tell.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 06:35

May I ask what the Waldron deck is?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 06:48

Parking Deck South of Soldier Field in Chicago.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 16:12

I doubt the stones would play Wrigley. I think their baseball gigs are a thing of the past. I live a few blocks away from Wrigley and would be an easy commute. But for the rest of you there's barely any parking. Comiskey hasn't held a concert for 5-6 years and has been baseball only ever since. As a lifelong White Sox fan, I can accurately tell you that the organization is living in the stone-age and that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 1, 2023 16:14

The Rolling Stones love to have lots of people in town, so having a show in Chicago June 30, shortly before the Nascar Chicago July 1-2 event do make sense to me. I do remember one of their shows in Barcelona Spain 2003, when there was a Harley Davidson World conference at the same time. The city was packed with Harley fans as well as Stones fans. Great days, I loved to see all those personally styled Harley bikes.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-01 22:54 by bv.

Date: February 1, 2023 16:15

The GRRR! release will take up "marketing space" for a week or so now. Once that is done, they should be free to do other marketing.

Bjornulf

Date: February 1, 2023 16:47

Yeah, you gotta warm up the audience!

Date: February 1, 2023 16:56

Band members will be more active with live appearances this spring, as they get closer to rehearsals time. See the updates on shows by Tim Ries and Chuck Leavell.

Bjornulf

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 17:11

Topi
Yeah, you gotta warm up the audience!

As mentioned before, Applebees! I’ve had people I haven’t spoken to in years reach out cuz of my love for the Stones and ask “Have you seen the Applebees commercial (standing in the shadow)?” smiling smiley

Date: February 1, 2023 17:17

TBH I don't think the Applebees commercial has anything to do with a tour or album per se.

But, if SMU starts you up, fine!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 17:41

Topi
TBH I don't think the Applebees commercial has anything to do with a tour or album per se.

Timing is everything.. Certainly doesn’t hurt and I’m sure the publicity garnered is known within the camp smiling smiley

Date: February 1, 2023 19:27

Marketing is all about getting seen and heard. It is about taking up space in our minds. A new album with a tour, a first since 2005, sure we will hear a lot more from The Rolling Stones and the band over the next months.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 1, 2023 21:41

bv
The Rolling Stones love to have lots of people in town, so having a show in Chicago June 30, shortly before the [url=https://www.n to me. I do remember one of their shows in [url=https://iorr.org/tour03/barcelona.htm]Barcelona Spain 2003[/url], when there was a Harley Davidson World conference at the same time. The city was packed with Harley fans as well as Stones fans. Great days, I loved to see all those personally styled Herley bikes.[/quote]

Same thing happened in Prague in 2018. In fact, the “Harley world” (or whatever they called it) had their own pre-sale for the Prague gig. I paid a few koruna for membership and was able to access the pre-sale for Gold Circle.

Still get emails for Harley World events…

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: February 1, 2023 22:57

I just looked at hotel prices in Chicago for that weekend eye popping smiley The race is driving those prices sky high and several places I looked at are already sold out.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: February 1, 2023 23:11

I am just passing along the info. My source is always right on the number. Said he saw the paperwork. Whether it changes, not sure. If it doesn't happen i guess I was wrong.He mentioned that the Stones would be on June 30th. He said Beyonce was coming (announced yesterday), and Springsteen is coming to Wrigley.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2023 00:33

BFR
I just looked at hotel prices in Chicago for that weekend eye popping smiley The race is driving those prices sky high and several places I looked at are already sold out.

Same.
Booked a refundable moderate room just in case though.. smileys with beer likely not do Chicago this run again, unless it's the opener.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2023 00:34

hymenlips
I am just passing along the info. My source is always right on the number. Said he saw the paperwork. Whether it changes, not sure. If it doesn't happen i guess I was wrong.He mentioned that the Stones would be on June 30th. He said Beyonce was coming (announced yesterday), and Springsteen is coming to Wrigley.

Thanks for passing along the info .. appreciate itdrinking smiley

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 2, 2023 01:16

Topi

Mick & Keith get to eat there for free now

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 2, 2023 06:36

hymenlips
Yep.Reliable source. Said its a done deal. Also said Springsteen to Wrigley too.

No idea on the Stones and Soldier Field for June 30th

Bruce at Wrigley and is correct and somewhat public knowledge thanks to some of the hosts on the Score (sports radio) in Chicago, who spoke about it after the Cubs convention.

Bruce based on European tour and Cubs schedule is likely a weekend in mid September. Expected to be 2 shows at Wrigley for Bruce.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-02 06:44 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: February 2, 2023 21:19

BFR

Plenty of rooms at the bands favorite hotel. Not sure what to make of that.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: February 2, 2023 23:49

MisterDDDD
BFR

Same.
Booked a refundable moderate room just in case though.. smileys with beer likely not do Chicago this run again, unless it's the opener.

Saving my money for equally expensive Vancouver smileys with beer

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: February 3, 2023 04:31

I will be at this show.

BFR
MisterDDDD
BFR

Same.

Saving my money for equally expensive Vancouver smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home