Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 08:58

Topi
Steve Jordan will be touring with Robert Cray.

That tour ends June 7.

But this would mean no Stones concerts before the very end of June! They minimum need 2 weeks of rehearsals and 1 week for dress rehearsals and rest! That has been the case for many years now!

Btw where did you read about Steve Jordan participating on the German dates in June?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 09:03 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 27, 2023 09:11

Maybe Steve will only do the american dates with Robert Cray wich ends on April 22.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 09:26

@Topi

are you reffering to this article?

[thecabot.org]

If yes, the text is probably old because the timeplan in the first section doesn't match to any of the dates on his website.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 27, 2023 09:38

Yes, it was someone who posted that on Shidoobee.

Could well be that Steve is only with Cray in the US.

And Cray's own website has this lineup for the band:

The Robert Cray Band features:

Robert Cray - Guitar & Vocals

Richard Cousins - Bass

Dover Weinberg - Keyboards

Les Falconer - Drums

[robertcray.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 09:54 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 27, 2023 12:04

hockenheim95
Topi
Steve Jordan will be touring with Robert Cray.

That tour ends June 7.

But this would mean no Stones concerts before the very end of June! They minimum need 2 weeks of rehearsals and 1 week for dress rehearsals and rest! That has been the case for many years now!

Btw where did you read about Steve Jordan participating on the German dates in June?

I would assume that any Stones band member will drop their stuff to go on tour with the Stones. So Cray will have a replacement if needed. Still the Stones (summer?) tour might not start until July.

Date: January 27, 2023 13:42

A June start is what I heard from another source just yesterday.

Date: January 27, 2023 14:05

Topi

Good, it better be since you are not available in July. Whats a tour without you? We keep the fingers crossed that the boys stay strong.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 27, 2023 14:22

Stones PR are top class, like the rest of their management. They do want to own the moment of an announcement. A new tour - with a new album to be backed - need at least one week of focus on its own, first teasers, then a date of announcing the tour, then pre-sales, then actual sales. It is a time frame of 1-2 weeks where they are expecting a LOT of focus.

Just take a look at the calendar, and see if something else is happening now. It does not make any sense to do other large announcements taking away focus from own PR events. I know many want the tour/album announcement today or tomorrow, but they are not expected to start touring until June at the earliest, as far as I understand.

Back in 2005 this was the schedule:

May 6 : Press conference invitation to press
May 10 : Press conference with announcement at Juilliard NYC
Jul 14 : Tour rehearsals start in Toronto Canada
Jul 25 : A Bigger Bang album and tour name announced
Aug 10 : Phoenix Toronto club show
Aug 21 : Tour start in Boston

They were 18 years younger in 2005. The past few years announcements have tended to be 2-3 months ahead of tour start. Even if I wish they could announce now, I do realize they do not need to announce anything for still some time.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 14:23 by bv.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 18:58

I wonder what, if any, effect the economy will have on ticket sales the longer the delay in the tour is. I'm guessing none really, since most other bands seems to be selling incredibly well with insane ticket prices.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 27, 2023 19:10

VoodooLounge13

I wonder what, if any, effect the economy will have on ticket sales the longer the delay in the tour is. I'm guessing none really, since most other bands seems to be selling incredibly well with insane ticket prices.

Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones seem to have no problem selling items (Tickets too?) for high prices: Vinyl-Singles-Box for $600 or Teddy Bears for $400 .... winking smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 20:34

bv
Stones PR are top class, like the rest of their management. They do want to own the moment of an announcement. A new tour - with a new album to be backed - need at least one week of focus on its own, first teasers, then a date of announcing the tour, then pre-sales, then actual sales. It is a time frame of 1-2 weeks where they are expecting a LOT of focus.

Just take a look at the calendar, and see if something else is happening now. It does not make any sense to do other large announcements taking away focus from own PR events. I know many want the tour/album announcement today or tomorrow, but they are not expected to start touring until June at the earliest, as far as I understand.

May 6 : Press conference invitation to press
May 10 : Press conference with announcement at Juilliard NYC
Jul 14 : Tour rehearsals start in Toronto Canada
Jul 25 : A Bigger Bang album and tour name announced
Aug 10 : Phoenix Toronto club show
Aug 21 : Tour start in Boston

They were 18 years younger in 2005. The past few years announcements have tended to be 2-3 months ahead of tour start. Even if I wish they could announce now, I do realize they do not need to announce anything for still some time.

yes.. I also add radio play to checking the calendar.. I listen to radio daily and it ramps up (at least where I live) before announcement of each of the past few tours, and recently I've noticed more Stones' songs in rotation again. The Applebees playing constantly on TV is a bit of a 'good timing' clue to me as well

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 20:36 by snoopy2.

Date: January 27, 2023 20:50

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones seem to have no problem selling items (Tickets too?) for high prices: Vinyl-Singles-Box for $600 or Teddy Bears for $400 .... winking smiley

Exactly. They certainly have this down.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 28, 2023 17:54

If they'll touring US & Canada in June/July then, when they could touring South America?!I think it's very unlikely that after only three months or so they can touring SA in November till Mid December...Maybe only 7/8 show or so ((+3 Brazil, +3 Argentina, +2 Mexico).
It is very unlikely a SA in early 2024 too, if they'll need touring Europe in summer.
What are your prevision about a possible SA Tour?

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: January 28, 2023 18:13

Topi
Yes, it was someone who posted that on Shidoobee.

Could well be that Steve is only with Cray in the US.

And Cray's own website has this lineup for the band:

The Robert Cray Band features:

Robert Cray - Guitar & Vocals

Richard Cousins - Bass

Dover Weinberg - Keyboards

Les Falconer - Drums

[robertcray.com]

To be honest, nowhere in the article i read a word about Steve touring with Robert. All i read is Steven talking about the album he produced for Cray. Or am i missing something ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-28 18:15 by rolling1us.

Date: January 28, 2023 18:39

rolling1us

To be honest, nowhere in the article i read a word about Steve touring with Robert. All i read is Steven talking about the album he produced for Cray. Or am i missing something ?

Scroll to the very end: [thecabot.org]

"Robert’s band features Richard Cousins (bass), Dover Weinberg (keyboards), Terence F. Clark (drums), and Steve Jordan (drums, percussion)"

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: January 28, 2023 18:55

Topi

Topi, that one you're heard of, was about the tour in US or Europe?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 28, 2023 19:11

Topi
rolling1us

"Robert’s band features Richard Cousins (bass), Dover Weinberg (keyboards), Terence F. Clark (drums), and Steve Jordan (drums, percussion)"

That article is from 2020 ;

[robertcray.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 28, 2023 19:29

mailexile67
If they'll touring US & Canada in June/July then, when they could touring South America?!I think it's very unlikely that after only three months or so they can touring SA in November till Mid December...Maybe only 7/8 show or so ((+3 Brazil, +3 Argentina, +2 Mexico).
It is very unlikely a SA in early 2024 too, if they'll need touring Europe in summer.
What are your prevision about a possible SA Tour?

IF they tour South America it will likely be their summer if they're not playing Rock In Rio. Could be South America -> Australia -> Japan 14/15 shows. Promoters have been trying to get them back to Australia the past few years.

Date: January 28, 2023 21:22

Maya0104
Topi

Topi, that one you're heard of, was about the tour in US or Europe?

North America.

Date: January 28, 2023 21:23

Lien
Topi
rolling1us

That article is from 2020 ;

[robertcray.com]

Gotcha, no wonder people got confused, including me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2023 09:31

Only if they guarantee Pluto walks
onstage like Harley did at Altamont ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 29, 2023 13:32

bv

May 10 : Tour announcement
Jul 25 : ABB album and tour name announced
Aug 21 : Tour start

The past few years announcements have tended to be 2-3 months ahead of tour start.

I added the recording dates (according to Wiki):

May 10 : Tour announcement
Jun 28 : End of sessions
Jul 25 : ABB album and tour name announced
Aug 21 : Tour start
Sep 6 : Release of ABB

A two month space between end of session and release. If they finish their session beginning of February 2023, maybe they could release the new album in April. With the release they could announce the tour sale and start the tour in June. This (+/- a month) could make sense and again: It could turn out totally different. I am just killing time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 18:24 by schwonek.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: January 30, 2023 10:26

Hi guys,

I'm new here, 29 years with the Stones. It's not easy to dig deeper into this topic, however still trying...

Could anyone kindly summarize what are current 'rumours' according to your 'sources' and possibilities of The Band touring in Europe in 2023 (Summer)?
I see most of your 'predictions' are for North America this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-30 10:27 by MonicaDe.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 30, 2023 10:29

MonicaDe
Hi guys,

I'm new here, 29 years with the Stones. It's not easy to dig deeper into this topic, however still trying...

Could anyone kindly summarize what are current 'rumours' according to your 'sources' and possibilities of The Band touring in Europe in 2023 (Summer)?

Everything is a 'rumour'. No one 'knows' anything. Check out the 'new album' post. Over 600 pages and 'no one' knows 'anything'.

Date: January 30, 2023 11:14

24FPS
MonicaDe
Hi guys,

Everything is a 'rumour'. No one 'knows' anything. Check out the 'new album' post. Over 600 pages and 'no one' knows 'anything'.

Yeah...exactly...no one knows. But some members claims to have a 'sources' that are saying tour will be in North America this year, and I'm specifically interested in Europe only as I'm unable to travel to US or Canada.
Going through over 600 pages is time consuming, besides MOST of them are 'dreams' and 'wishes', not even rumours...

Date: January 30, 2023 11:21

MonicaDe
Hi guys,

WELCOME, MonicaDe
The possibilities of a Stones European Tour in 2023 are very very slim. So far there has been ZERO rumor about that. Everything is about a tour in America.

Date: January 30, 2023 11:40

Hello schwonek,

Nice to meet you and thank you. At least that is more clear now.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2023 13:24

The IORR news is the place to look if you don't have time to read every single post on IORR Tell Me forum pages.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 30, 2023 14:25

MonicaDe
Hello schwonek,

bv has repeatedly hinted that north america this summer is what there doing first

but there have been lots of rumours about south america as well for the end of the year

i haven't read any rumours about europe for awhile

i would guess probably summer 2024 would be your best bet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-30 14:28 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: January 31, 2023 12:18

ProfessorWolf
MonicaDe
Hello schwonek,

bv has repeatedly hinted that north america this summer is what there doing first

but there have been lots of rumours about south america as well for the end of the year

i haven't read any rumours about europe for awhile

i would guess probably summer 2024 would be your best bet

Thanks a lot!
I saw someone was writing couple of pages ago that their European tour is 'booked' for Summer 2023. I guess that is not reliable 'source'?

I spend hours and hours trying to find out what you guys are posting here smiling bouncing smiley
I would love at least some of the hints are true...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home