Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 26, 2023 07:23

I hear about some dates in USA June and July, so unless there are some late changes, it seems like there will be a tour this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 07:36

bv
I hear about some dates in USA June and July, so unless there are some late changes, it seems like there will be a tour this summer.

Does this include Canada or strictly US?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 26, 2023 14:09

DGA35
bv

Does this include Canada or strictly US?

I thought this was a North American tour. I think Canada will be included as Vancouver hasn’t had a stop since 2006 I believe, correct me if Im wrong. I was at that awesome show. June-July time frame sounds good as Stones like to play stadiums and summer is best time, wonder if they will have tongues on venues at cities they will play again. That was cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-26 14:11 by babyblue.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 26, 2023 14:34

bv

smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 26, 2023 14:46

MisterDDDD
bv

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 14:50

bv

Thanks BV.

That lines up with what another well informed person also said (just to add additional sourcing).

Appreciate the update.

(:Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: January 26, 2023 16:09

bv

smileys with beer

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 16:10

So perhaps a March announcement then?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:10

June and July is what I also heard about a week ago. And my source also hears Canada is in. They didn't say which Canadian city/cities though.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-26 17:27 by Topi.

Date: January 26, 2023 17:11

VoodooLounge13
So perhaps a March announcement then?

If they follow the same pattern, yes, a March announcement for a June start.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:34

Hope they are not too far from Eastern Canada/USA in June 'cause I'm leaving for Europe on July 3rd. Montreal, Boston, Toronto or Buffalo in June would be perfect for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:38

bv

I wonder how this relates to the new album.
A couple of days ago bv wrote that the new album is 'boss'. I thought that meant: new album first and then a new tour. If they are to go on the road in June the time frame to release a new album before the tour is rather small…

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:49

slewan
bv

A couple of days ago bv wrote that the new album is 'boss'. I thought that meant: new album first and then a new tour. If they are to go on the road in June the time frame to release a new album before the tour is rather small…

Is it still taking 6 months to make vinyl records? If so, seems they should already have completed the album by now if they plan on releasing it before June...

Am I wrong?

Date: January 26, 2023 17:50

If need be, they can start the tour before the album actually gets out (see: Babylon, Bridges). It's one thing to announce the album and then release it later. Drop a single or two beforehand and get things going in the summer.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:51

Topi
If need be, they can start the tour before the album actually gets out (see: Babylon, Bridges). It's one thing to announce the album and then release it later. Drop a single or two beforehand and get things going in the summer.

Makes sense. I hope they do have a new single out by the time they play the US.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 17:54

NashvilleBlues
Topi

Makes sense. I hope they do have a new single out by the time they play the US.

I think they'll announce the tour together with a new single and the announcement of the new album. That would make sense to me. Then two more singles before Tour start and the album around the tour start or even later.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2023 18:10

slewan

Maybe the master 'tapes' for the new album are finished by end of February for the CD/LP manufacturing. Then Tour-announcement plus confirmation of the new album early March, release of the new album on 2nd June and start of the new Tour on 4th June. Just a guess (example).

Date: January 26, 2023 18:12

Topi

Babylon, Bang

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: January 26, 2023 18:15

Thanks for your insights, Bjornulf! Do you think that we can tentatively expect a US tour announcement within the next 4-6 weeks?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 26, 2023 19:17

VoodooLounge13
Topi

Babylon, Bang

in both cases the time span between the first show (not counting warm up gigs) and the release of the then new album was between a few days and some two weeks.
But they had surely completed their albums before they annoucenced these tour.

Date: January 26, 2023 20:20

Well folks some bands have hit the road before their new lp is out. Looks like I will be traveling again soon. Can’t wait!

Date: January 26, 2023 20:56

They could also release the album sans vinyl and release that at a later time.....with bonus material!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 26, 2023 21:24

They might traditionally tie in but only marginally. This tour ain't gonna move many units unless they include with a ticket. But also a labor of love guaranteed not to bring in the megamillions might make for a better album.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: January 26, 2023 21:33

thank you bv
i thought the worst.
glad everything is moving forward..

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: January 27, 2023 05:09

Thank you BV.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: January 27, 2023 05:30

"Back in the USA Tour'- Chuck Berry

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: January 27, 2023 06:27

bv

cool smiley

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 27, 2023 06:32

smoking smiley

Date: January 27, 2023 07:09

slewan
VoodooLounge13
Topi

Babylon, Bang

in both cases the time span between the first show (not counting warm up gigs) and the release of the then new album was between a few days and some two weeks.
But they had surely completed their albums before they annoucenced these tour.

For all we know, the album might already be completed, they just haven't announced it yet.

Date: January 27, 2023 08:56

Steve Jordan will be touring with Robert Cray.

That tour ends June 7.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home