Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 23, 2023 18:22

bv
Just for the record. There were rumours about tour start in USA late spring 2023. Those rumours were mentioned in the IORR news entry dated Oct 24:

Oct 24: The Rolling Stones Tour 2023
The Rolling Stones are expected to continue their highly successful touring next year, to support their new studio album, currently being in the mixing stage. The latest rumour is another tour in North America, starting in the spring.

The above news entry was made three - 3 - months ago. Since then I have received a number of new rumours, but I can not publish them, as they are all single source. Three months on from the fall rumour, I would advice anyone to follow this thread, rather being fixated on one single rumour posted three months ago. There will be a tour, sure, but the timing is not yet clear.

Thanks!!!

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: January 23, 2023 18:49

Thanks for the clairfication, Bjornulf!

Many of us are just trying to follow as the tour goalposts shift, which date/location scenarios may be the most likely. Here's to hoping for a fall tour including the US and thanks for all you do for the site!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 21:12

Very interesting - the shift in tour timeframe now.

BV - thanks for clarifying.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: January 23, 2023 22:07

i'm hoping all is well with the product=album and tour..
what comes tomorrow is anyone guess.
still hoping for a large number of tunes.
good health to all

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 23, 2023 22:40

It's entirely possible their team is working on 2-3 options simultaneously and then the band decides and they hit go on one of them. I seem to remember 2020 being far east & Australia until it wasn't.

Any South America tour is likely to be their summer, unless they are playing just Rock In Rio in September and that could be piggybacked to a North American tour. In which case we might be looking at 10-12 in US/CAN and then Mexico / Rio.

I would hope for Rock In Rio only because the whole festival gets broadcast.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 23, 2023 23:03

trying to read between the list of what bv posted might be silly… But anyway I try it non the less.

If a tour has been planned to start in late spring and now there are new rumors that don't confirm the 'late spring' rumor (if the new rumors would confirm the 'late spring' rumor we had twi sources, right?) it seems to be likely that the tour has been postponed. Reasons are unclear but it seems likely that they are related to the new album. If we think that a new tour was to promote a new album it makes sense that the tour is move to a later time frame because the album isn't ready to be released within the next few months. If it's correct that there's a new album in the pipe we might conclude that they'll tour the US to promote the new album (as far as I remember: since 1981 all tours to promote new albums started in the US). If they are to tour the US to promote a new album I doubt that'll they do any other shows before the release of the new album.
Therefore my guess(!) is: new album in summer, US tour in fall.

Date: January 23, 2023 23:34

slewan
trying to read between the list of what bv posted might be silly… But anyway I try it non the less.

If a tour has been planned to start in late spring and now there are new rumors that don't confirm the 'late spring' rumor (if the new rumors would confirm the 'late spring' rumor we had twi sources, right?) it seems to be likely that the tour has been postponed. Reasons are unclear but it seems likely that they are related to the new album. If we think that a new tour was to promote a new album it makes sense that the tour is move to a later time frame because the album isn't ready to be released within the next few months. If it's correct that there's a new album in the pipe we might conclude that they'll tour the US to promote the new album (as far as I remember: since 1981 all tours to promote new albums started in the US). If they are to tour the US to promote a new album I doubt that'll they do any other shows before the release of the new album.

I was thinking Summer major markets (not played in 2021) with the tour ending at Rock In Rio

OR if they are playing Argentina then SA is something entirely separate early next year like a bit more streamlined than 2016 with Australia / Japan rounding it out for 14 shows.

I still think they have several possible options ready for when they decide to launch hence the conflicting rumors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-23 23:35 by Dan.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 24, 2023 03:02

Dan
GerardHennessy
babyblue
I’m happy to see the boys again. I don’t care what they play, I feel blessed they are still touring at their ages. I m going with a group to see them. We all think because of their ages this could be last time.

This makes The Stones seem like a kind of freak show. Not a viable touring band. Going just to see them, instead of going to see AND hear them, is a pretty condescending comment don't you think? 'Awww bless them, the poor old guys. So great they can still stand upright at their ages...' If you're gonna go, respect them enough to rock along. Not just gaze at the band as if it is a kind of animated museum exhibit.

Yeah because no one ever said "going to SEE a concert." Idiot.

Not sure which of us you are referring to as 'idiot'? And it does not matter. It's just a shame that you have to resort to a personal attack in your comment. By all means disagree with the POINT someone makes, not insult the PERSON who made it. I disagree with the original point, but the person who made it is entirely at liberty to make it.

This is a music site, not a war zone, where attacking people for expressing their opinion does not need to happen. I assume that everyone here is a Stones fan. Not an enemy in disguise. And is therefore deserving of respect.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 24, 2023 03:14

I have no idea if they will have a show in the los angeles area but if you think they will play the Rose Bowl here is how you find a clue. All shows require city council approval. The band Coldplay after cancelling a pair of shows at sofi stadium last year just announced a show at the Rose Bowl. A few days ago the shows were approved by the city council and announced a few days later
[www.pasadenanow.com]

Date: January 24, 2023 03:30

artedm
I have no idea if they will have a show in the los angeles area but if you think they will play the Rose Bowl here is how you find a clue. All shows require city council approval. The band Coldplay after cancelling a pair of shows at sofi stadium last year just announced a show at the Rose Bowl. A few days ago the shows were approved by the city council and announced a few days later
[www.pasadenanow.com]

THIS is how I found out the Rolling Stones were touring in 1994 in early January. They were approved for 4, it was later trimmed to 3, then when the shows didn't sell fast enough, further cut to 2 with the schedule rearranged a bit to accommodate more Oakland shows than previously expected.

Rose Bowl is more of an overflow venue now, SoFi is aggressively courting any and all events, they need that $80 parking to pay the $5 billion cost.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: January 24, 2023 03:57

artedm
[www.pasadenanow.com]

Here’s another site to monitor during “concert planning season” for Rose Bowl:

[www.rosebowlstadium.com]

IIRC, there were some “fingerprints” left in the agendas for Stones 2019 shows…

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 24, 2023 04:16

smoking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 24, 2023 06:31

I’m just guessing either one of these:
North America....June 1-July 31....or
July 1-August 31 ....12 dates
December....Brazil, Argentina Mexico.. 4 dates

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-24 06:38 by babyblue.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2023 06:38

slewan

No argument here with all that you've said.

What gets me is:

If we think that a new tour was to promote a new album it makes sense that the tour is move to a later time frame because the album isn't ready to be released within the next few months.

You could record a song tomorrow - with Dande, and whoever else, all over the world - and then someone, say me, mixes and masters and releases it - aside from the musicians getting it all together, the mixing and mastering and releasing - at the very least 6 weeks.

The Stones have been working at this new album at the very most 8 years. Which one might think has opened up mixing ideas to, I dunno, develop one or two for a single...

Obviously they're just doing what they've always done.

So maybe a new single in mid to late April, new album in June, after that... maybe 2 more singles before 2024. Whatever is left of the tour in 2024 plus some something special, whatever that means, and... done.

But I could be wrong.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 24, 2023 11:31

jmd

IIRC, there were some “fingerprints” left in the agendas for Stones 2019 shows…

You guys remember how we found out about the Hyde Park 2022 dates? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-24 11:31 by Topi.

Date: January 24, 2023 11:41

slewan

(as far as I remember: since 1981 all tours to promote new albums started in the US).

Correct, and even going back to 1978 (Some Girls was released June 9, the US tour started the day after)

You have to go back to 1976 (Black And Blue) for a European tour behind a new album. And that tour was Europe only.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 24, 2023 19:51

jshidoob

Many of us are just trying to follow as the tour goalposts shift

Just keep the next 2 years free. Don't commit to any weddings, funerals, christenings, other family gatherings*, job offers or trips. You'll be fine.

(* And if you do, with the caveat that the Stones take priority)

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 24, 2023 22:25

some more information about the MSG Sphere in vegas was released yesterday- its planned opening is late September this year

Inside the Sphere, audiences are going to be amazed with the first 16K LED screen on earth. In addition to the screen, the audience is going to be greeted with Sphere immersive sound with 164,300 channels (speakers) — that’s like eight channels for every person in the building. It’ll be headset sound without the headset for every seat in the house. Audiences will also be able to feel and smell the environment depicted on screen. There will be 10,000 haptic seats that will make you feel the experience in your bones. We’ll have wind that will blow your hair back and deliver scent, and temperature that will feel exactly like a damp glen. Creators will be able to take audiences on journeys that are so realistic that fans will start to question their reality. The Sphere was really designed to be music and entertainment first, but we will have some marquee fighting events, whether they be boxing or WWE. So fighting is an option, but there won’t be a ton of sports in the Sphere. It’s more built for film and entertainment.”

While the venue will be offering tours and entertainment presentations, guests will be promised four to six musical residencies with groups playing 10-12 performances per visit.

Sphere’s parent company, MSG Entertainment, already has a lengthy list of performers it has reached out to for residencies, but Watson declined to mention them by name.

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Date: January 25, 2023 00:30

artedm
some more information about the MSG Sphere in vegas was released yesterday- its planned opening is late September this year

Inside the Sphere, audiences are going to be amazed with the first 16K LED screen on earth. In addition to the screen, the audience is going to be greeted with Sphere immersive sound with 164,300 channels (speakers) — that’s like eight channels for every person in the building. It’ll be headset sound without the headset for every seat in the house. Audiences will also be able to feel and smell the environment depicted on screen. There will be 10,000 haptic seats that will make you feel the experience in your bones. We’ll have wind that will blow your hair back and deliver scent, and temperature that will feel exactly like a damp glen. Creators will be able to take audiences on journeys that are so realistic that fans will start to question their reality. The Sphere was really designed to be music and entertainment first, but we will have some marquee fighting events, whether they be boxing or WWE. So fighting is an option, but there won’t be a ton of sports in the Sphere. It’s more built for film and entertainment.”

While the venue will be offering tours and entertainment presentations, guests will be promised four to six musical residencies with groups playing 10-12 performances per visit.

Sphere’s parent company, MSG Entertainment, already has a lengthy list of performers it has reached out to for residencies, but Watson declined to mention them by name.

[www.reviewjournal.com]

I highly doubt that the Stones will do a residency run of shows. As far as I remember they never did anything like that. And if they were do anything like that it would take weeks — given their pattern of three days off between the shows

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 25, 2023 04:35

I may be in the minority but I would prefer a new double album over a tour of war horses.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2023 09:20

donvis
I may be in the minority but I would prefer a new double album over a tour of war horses.

That would be great but I personally don’t think that will happen this time round.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2023 10:15

The new album is the boss. Then I think it has happened before that tours have been taken over by a higher bidder last minute. Until they signed up, a tour is always up for grabs by others who think they can do a better deal. I am sure some remember last time it happened, some years ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 25, 2023 15:48

babyblue
donvis

That would be great but I personally don’t think that will happen this time round.

Amen to your views regarding a new double album being preferable - in my humble opinion there is no competition - to yet another warhorses tour.

Sadly, like babyblue, I feel it is most unlikely. In fact, I am far from confident - yet - that there will actually be ANY new album. Yes I know there were all kinds of semi-official statements about there being one - in the final stages of preparation - in the lead up to Christmas. But I have heard all kinds of things about a new Stones album over more years than I care to remember. And to be honest, I believe very little of what Keith and Ronnie say. I am not suggesting they are deliberately dishonest. Far from it. But both of them get carried away with enthusiasm, their optimism and good intentions run riot, and they underestimate just how much commitment they will need to give to the project. I find Mick much more reliable. His cool-headedness, objectivity, business acumen and pragmatism keep him grounded and clearly focused. I hope i'm being over-cautious myself, but I will believe there WILL be a REAL new Rolling Stones studio album, when its release date, track listing, artwork and overall credits are officially advertised.

Roll on that day,and date.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: January 25, 2023 17:06

If the new album is boss, they should start their next Tour in England instelde of USA. Where they come from. winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2023 17:17

USA is the biggest market for The Rolling Stones. Some 60% of all visitors on IORR are from USA. I assume they will follow their usual pattern touring wise.

Some may have forgotten the two Hyde Park shows and the Liverpool show last year. They have not forgotten about their origin. Still, their market and fan base is now worldwide, and I believe we will see that in "The New Album Tour" schedule of 2023-2024.

Bjornulf

Date: January 25, 2023 17:31

So still a worldwide tour, only question/change is where/when the tour starts due the promotion of the tour might or might not be hijacked by another offer.

I would love to be the fly on the wall in these things.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: January 25, 2023 17:42

Topi, didnt we find out about the Hyde Park shows due to the adverts for Event Staff... wouldn't happen to know sites to check for that in the US would you?!

Date: January 25, 2023 18:53

bv
USA is the biggest market for The Rolling Stones. Some 60% of all visitors on IORR are from USA. I assume they will follow their usual pattern touring wise.

(…)

thanks for the reminder. A lot of people on this forum, as well as people on other fan forums, tend to forget that concerts are not only fun, they're also business.
(I don't blame anyone because it's only natural for fans to ignore – or rather supress (in a psychoanalytical sense) – the economicial aspects of touring).

Date: January 26, 2023 06:14

Ad slewan: I think I'm reading between those lines the same way you are. smiling smiley The album, the boss, could be what's holding things back.

Anyway, even a fall North America tour would work for me, no problem. Then again you gotta start thinking about venue availability in the fall (NFL stadiums).

Just don't tour too much in July and I'm good! winking smiley

Date: January 26, 2023 06:15

GJB
Topi, didnt we find out about the Hyde Park shows due to the adverts for Event Staff... wouldn't happen to know sites to check for that in the US would you?!

Correct - and sorry, no, I don't know.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home