Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: January 20, 2023 18:41

Thank you. This sums it up for a lot of us. I am an avowed "deep tracks" fan and I really don't need to hear JJF played in a rush or with the annoying Ronnie hook over and over again.

I'm not a traitor. I'm a fan. This band and their songs have deep meaning for me. Read my review of Goats Head Soup here on this site, if you don't believe me.

So, I'm conflicted. Yes, I will go see one show if it's the usual format of warhorses (which honestly are sometimes interesting with extra licks and deviations). And don't forget that this is a band that much prefers to play rehearsed numbers. And what could be more rehearsed than JJF? So I understand why they like to play the warhorses. As much as a deep tracks fan as I am, sometimes, you have to admit, the new material comes off, well, unrehearsed.

Anyway, I'll see one show close to me in Boston. And if they want to experiment more, I'll see multiple shows.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 20, 2023 19:26

Karl Denson has a show in Nevada on April 15th and two festival shows between May 11-13 and July 13-15
[karldenson.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 19:32

I think they could easily do 4-5 songs a night for the non-casual fans, and mix em up from city to city. Have a song vote comprised of TRULY rare 60's album tracks. Have a couple of those 4-5 songs be off the new album and change them from city to city. They missed the boat in varying their setlists a long time ago, but I do also think that perhaps it's time that someone else takes over the song selection from Chuck. They should not be playing the same 'obscure' song in a city that they played last time thru. That's not fair to anyone. Mix up the setlist, excite the fans. Dare to be bold, like on the fabled No Security tour (still one of my personal faves) when they dared to announce ahead of time, don't expect to hear Satisfaction this time out. Imagine a new album and a new tour, and the proclamation of no IORR, Satisfaction, Miss You, BS, TD, BTMR, and if no actual flames Sympathy (after all, Mick's already done away with the great stage costume, so it's not what it once was). IORR and BS were already largely missing from these last 2 tours. Omitting these warhorses would pave the way for many other song choices.

I've seen them 13 songs, and there are only 3 songs that have been played at every single show: JJF, HTW, SMU.

Moana could be the post-Keef set song. One Hit the Opener. GS and MR could rotate from city to city instead of being played every night. Keef could dig out Thru & Thru, Can't Be Seen, Too Rude, How Can I Stop. Other, more obscure singles could be played as well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2023 19:41

CaptainCorella
MononoM
Watch out when you install tiktok on your phone, the chinese will install backdoors on it! dont trust it. its not safe.

A sufficient number of well reputed agencies from a wide range of nation states have confirmed this.

Do I absolutely know this - of course I do not. You need technical skills and facilities far above those available to most people to be able to determine this first hand.

My guess is that it's when you're not using TokTic is that it's busy collecting as much of your data as it can.

The US has banned it from federal government phones. > TIK TOK

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 20, 2023 21:01

With it being the 50th of GHS, I'd love to see Keef do Coming Down Again and for the band to do Winter each night of this tour as their ballad. Add 3 songs from the new album each night and I'd be happy with that. I doubt those GHS additions would happen though.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 20, 2023 21:40

When they played Factory Girl at Staples 2013 I was nearly trampled by everyone beer running out of my row. Obscurities look good on paper but I am usually too annoyed by the people around me to enjoy the moment. Just play the hits, and how about some better pyro this time too.

Date: January 20, 2023 21:48

BeastyBurdeny
With it being the 50th of GHS, I'd love to see Keef do Coming Down Again and for the band to do Winter each night of this tour as their ballad. Add 3 songs from the new album each night and I'd be happy with that. I doubt those GHS additions would happen though.

Oh hell yes!!!! Sign me up for that one!!! Can't Be Seen would still work then, as it's a bit of a rocker. Though I loooooooooooooooooove Thru & Thru, Keef wouldn't do two slow songs, and I'd take Coming Down Again over T&T, even if it is my 2nd favorite on the album!!!!

And Winter.........OMG. I'd even take that over Almost Hear You Sigh, which I really REALLY want to hear live!!!! Winter is my 3rd favorite song of theirs.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 20, 2023 22:06

VoodooLounge13
BeastyBurdeny

Oh hell yes!!!! Sign me up for that one!!! Can't Be Seen would still work then, as it's a bit of a rocker. Though I loooooooooooooooooove Thru & Thru, Keef wouldn't do two slow songs, and I'd take Coming Down Again over T&T, even if it is my 2nd favorite on the album!!!!

And Winter.........OMG. I'd even take that over Almost Hear You Sigh, which I really REALLY want to hear live!!!! Winter is my 3rd favorite song of theirs.

hey, we can dream right? smileys with beer

Date: January 20, 2023 23:02

BeastyBurdeny
VoodooLounge13
BeastyBurdeny

Yes, we can dream. But it is futile.

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: January 21, 2023 00:15

We are so blessed to be taking about another tour. And of course another new album. The boys aren’t getting any younger. I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to see them again. I don’t care what they play cause it’s always an amazing show. Let’s count our blessings don’t complain about Setlist take what they give you and be grateful.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 21, 2023 04:26

I’m happy to see the boys again. I don’t care what they play, I feel blessed they are still touring at their ages. I m going with a group to see them. We all think because of their ages this could be last time.

Date: January 21, 2023 04:32

plusplusjames
BeastyBurdeny
VoodooLounge13
BeastyBurdeny

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: January 21, 2023 06:55

artedm
Karl Denson has a show in Nevada on April 15th and two festival shows between May 11-13 and July 13-15
[karldenson.com]

Interesting.
Didn't Darryl have some dates booked last year that he had to cancel once the tour was booked?

Date: January 21, 2023 22:42

VoodooLounge13
plusplusjames
BeastyBurdeny
VoodooLounge13
BeastyBurdeny

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.

I am protecting my mind by realizing what is unrealistic. Of course, I would be thrilled to hear Winter. Just don't be disappointed.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: January 21, 2023 23:20

Dalgtor
artedm
[karldenson.com]

Interesting.
Didn't Darryl have some dates booked last year that he had to cancel once the tour was booked?

Maybe this time it fits with the Stones tourdates.

Date: January 22, 2023 03:43

RG
Dalgtor
artedm
[karldenson.com]

Interesting.

Interesting clue. I think that the new dates would be similar as the No Filter Tour in 2018, from second half of May (17) to first half of July (8)

I really think that the announcement would likely be around the release of GRRR Live!

Looking forward to hear new music of the boys and to enjoy of the new tour!!! smileys with beer

Date: January 22, 2023 17:19

RG
Dalgtor
artedm
[karldenson.com]

Interesting.

Hope Denver gets a spot on this tour. Always have good time in Denver.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 22, 2023 17:46

I agree. But after Mick spoke, from the stage, of vocal issues with the altitude, I rather doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 22, 2023 23:45

babyblue
I’m happy to see the boys again. I don’t care what they play, I feel blessed they are still touring at their ages. I m going with a group to see them. We all think because of their ages this could be last time.

This makes The Stones seem like a kind of freak show. Not a viable touring band. Going just to see them, instead of going to see AND hear them, is a pretty condescending comment don't you think? 'Awww bless them, the poor old guys. So great they can still stand upright at their ages...' If you're gonna go, respect them enough to rock along. Not just gaze at the band as if it is a kind of animated museum exhibit.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 22, 2023 23:48

Talking timeline. In 2022 there were first open rumors (press) at the beginning of February and tour started beginning of June with an announcement mid March. So I would expect the first (press) rumors in February, so soonish. That is if the tour is still on for June.

Date: January 23, 2023 01:21

I thought we'd established a few pages back that the tour announcement was coming next month for a May-June tour?? At least we had pretty strong speculation along those lines from what I recall.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 23, 2023 02:20

GerardHennessy
babyblue

This makes The Stones seem like a kind of freak show. Not a viable touring band. Going just to see them, instead of going to see AND hear them, is a pretty condescending comment don't you think? 'Awww bless them, the poor old guys. So great they can still stand upright at their ages...' If you're gonna go, respect them enough to rock along. Not just gaze at the band as if it is a kind of animated museum exhibit.

Yeah because no one ever said "going to SEE a concert." Idiot.

Date: January 23, 2023 05:49

Dan I like seeing the boys AND hearing them crank out the tunes. Even if I didn’t say it I mean it! Okay Gerard Hennessy & Dan you’re both idiots or are you having a bad hair day!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-23 05:52 by babyblue.

Date: January 23, 2023 13:30

VoodooLounge13
I thought we'd established a few pages back that the tour announcement was coming next month for a May-June tour?? At least we had pretty strong speculation along those lines from what I recall.

And you are right. What is your point?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 23, 2023 15:25

Just for the record. There were rumours about tour start in USA late spring 2023. Those rumours were mentioned in the IORR news entry dated Oct 24:

Oct 24: The Rolling Stones Tour 2023
The Rolling Stones are expected to continue their highly successful touring next year, to support their new studio album, currently being in the mixing stage. The latest rumour is another tour in North America, starting in the spring.

The above news entry was made three - 3 - months ago. Since then I have received a number of new rumours, but I can not publish them, as they are all single source. Three months on from the fall rumour, I would advice anyone to follow this thread, rather being fixated on one single rumour posted three months ago. There will be a tour, sure, but the timing is not yet clear.

Bjornulf

Date: January 23, 2023 17:06

schwonek
VoodooLounge13

My point was, your post is a bit all over the place, and we had established a fairly solid rumor of a tour announcement coming in February, which, based on past history, would be the 3-month lead time that the band has given us of late, for the rumored spring NA tour (May-June timeline). You seem to bounce around between Spring and Summer, so I was just helping to re-qualify what we have pretty much ascertained from what's leaked and BV has told us.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 23, 2023 17:11

And now Bjornulf has modified that. See above: "There will be a tour, sure, but the timing is not yet clear."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 23, 2023 17:17

Make it a summer tour, I'm good with that. At least in June.

Date: January 23, 2023 17:44

VoodooLounge13
schwonek
VoodooLounge13

My point was, your post is a bit all over the place, and we had established a fairly solid rumor of a tour announcement coming in February, which, based on past history, would be the 3-month lead time that the band has given us of late, for the rumored spring NA tour (May-June timeline). You seem to bounce around between Spring and Summer, so I was just helping to re-qualify what we have pretty much ascertained from what's leaked and BV has told us.

I am not a source, will never be and don't claim to be one. I just pulled up the timeline from last tour that seems interesting (to me). If you read BVs post you can see that things are always "all over the place" until they are not. As simple as that.
And I also wrote: "if" the tour is still on for June. So - all is good. smileys with beer

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 17:45

Topi
Make it a summer tour, I'm good with that. At least in June.

Based on past reliability of the BTX poster, I feel pretty confident that part of the tour (North America) will be May - July.

The uncertainty could be around the timing of the Latin American tour and/or portion of the tour or some other component.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home