Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 12, 2023 00:22

I like the idea that it isn't enough that two nearly eighty year old men still work together, they should be vacationing together.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 12, 2023 01:03

Rocky Dijon
I like the idea that it isn't enough that two nearly eighty year old men still work together, they should be vacationing together.

If the tour happens as we anticipate it will this spring / summer, Mick’s 80th birthday may well happen during. Would that be a massive celebration, or would he want to let it quietly slide?

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: January 12, 2023 02:15

timbernardis
babyblue
Topi
BeastyBurdeny
BC Place looks to be available on June 5th winking smiley

What about the best hotel suites in Van?

The Sandman Hotel is almost next door but beware they boost their rates for big
Concerts.

I'm booking the Pan Pacific.

plexi

Pan Pacific is super nice, right on the water with amazing views.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 12, 2023 04:17

SomeTorontoGirl
Rocky Dijon

If the tour happens as we anticipate it will this spring / summer, Mick’s 80th birthday may well happen during. Would that be a massive celebration, or would he want to let it quietly slide?

New tour = 80 and Counting..............

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 12, 2023 06:11

Nah, I think both the album and the tour should be untitled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-12 06:11 by Topi.

Posted by: stonenut356 ()
Date: January 12, 2023 08:49

I heard today from a friend i met in Mexico City in 2016. He is in the concert business there. Said today the Stones will be there in June. No reason not to believe him

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: January 12, 2023 08:55

Hairball
Keith is looking healthy and happy...thumbs up

Irix
Boozehound

New Keith video on Twitter and Facebook. New music on the way and hints at a tour!

[www.facebook.com]

Also: [Twitter.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

"Lets keep our fingers crossed"...thumbs up

So everything comes closer and this makes me feel good!
Another Stones adventure is about to come across!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 12, 2023 08:55

Thru and Thru
timbernardis
babyblue
Topi
BeastyBurdeny
BC Place looks to be available on June 5th winking smiley

What about the best hotel suites in Van?

The Sandman Hotel is almost next door but beware they boost their rates for big
Concerts.

I'm booking the Pan Pacific.

plexi

Pan Pacific is super nice, right on the water with amazing views.

Yes I know, stayed there in 2006 for the last show of the ABB tour in North America. Just happened to get a flight and a hotel stay there for a good price, AND it just happened to be the band hotel too, unbeknownst to me at the time.

I was near the hotel bar one afternoon, ran into BV, we talked a bit and he then told me that Charlie had been nearby and that in fact, he was right over THERE (pointing) across the lobby whereupon I swiftly strode over to him, waited while he finished talking to someone, then met him briefly and got a signature on a hotel store receipt (had nothing else) but had no camera as it was totally unexpected, it just happened out of nowhere.

But yes, very nice place, we had views of the bay from our room, but I suspect the price in May through July would be a lot more than in November, so I will have to see what the price will be at that time.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-12 08:58 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Peachykindagirl ()
Date: January 12, 2023 15:02

So excited for the upcoming new album and tour announcements in February. However with only a month to go I have not seen any posts of US venues being booked or negotiated by inside sources. If the tour starts in June and they announce it next month shouldn’t this be happening by now?

Date: January 12, 2023 15:04

SomeTorontoGirl
Rocky Dijon

And if the South American leg goes ahead in December, as rumoured, will Keith survive the cheering on his birthday? winking smiley

Date: January 12, 2023 15:09

Oh, Keith's birthday is too close to Christmas. What are we talking about here, the World Cup? winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 12, 2023 15:20

Topi
Oh, Keith's birthday is too close to Christmas. What are we talking about here, the World Cup? winking smiley

why is it not possible to play a concert a week before christmas? they did so in 1981, 1989 (Dec 20), 1994 and nearly in 2012 (Dec 15)

Date: January 12, 2023 15:20

DandelionPowderman
And if the South American leg goes ahead in December, as rumoured, will Keith survive the cheering on his birthday? winking smiley

I think the resulting earthquake would cause the venue to slide into the abyss! grinning smiley

Date: January 12, 2023 15:24

hockenheim95
Topi

why is it not possible to play a concert a week before christmas? they did so in 1981, 1989 (Dec 20), 1994 and nearly in 2012 (Dec 15)

I'm just kidding. I think it was slewan who talked about "December" as "imitating the World Cup".

I know full well they have played shows during the Christmas holiday season before. And even on actual holidays, such as 4th of July in the US.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-12 15:31 by Topi.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: January 12, 2023 15:55

Does anyone anticipate that there is even a remote possibility of the Stones being included in the Jazz Fest lineup announcement tomorrow?

Theoretically, they could always be added later on.

Date: January 12, 2023 16:01

In 2019 they were added on later, right? The JazzFest added a Thursday for them.

I really cannot see JazzFest jumping the gun, if you will, and announcing the Stones before they have their whole tour laid out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-12 16:04 by Topi.

Date: January 12, 2023 16:13

Way too little buzz to anounce anything now. The Stones marketing machine is top notch. Unless they fired them there will be no anouncement tommorrow.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 12, 2023 17:06

jaggerman
Major concert announcement for M and T stadium in Baltimore this Thursday. Maybe The Stones ??

Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks

[www.baltimoresun.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 12, 2023 17:26

hockenheim95
Topi

2014 is the last time they played past October, apart from 2021 when they were pushed back due to the pandemic. They can, but it seems they won't.

Date: January 12, 2023 17:54

In South America they just might.

Date: January 12, 2023 18:01

Ugh… the pre-tour ticket scramble. T’was ever thus.

Date: January 12, 2023 19:36

Tickets will be easy. No sweat.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:52

Thomas Tull will be transitioning his bullshit band to faux-active status again sometime soon.

And, I expect, more importantly, sending Mick's people million-$-plus deposits for support slots.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: January 13, 2023 04:46

Hey now, the Ghost Hounds are so cheap they stayed at a Holiday Inn in Amsterdam! winking smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: January 13, 2023 06:52

Topi
Hey now, the Ghost Hounds are so cheap they stayed at a Holiday Inn in Amsterdam! winking smiley

Tull's a billionaire... billion with a B. And a big admirer of Warren Buffet. If the band he owns in order to play Guitar Hero in giant stadiums stayed in a Holiday Inn, he probably owns a stake in the corporation.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 13, 2023 13:02

Ghost Hounds were great in Pittsburgh, less so at the Hard Rock. But the same could be said for the Stones.

plexi

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 13, 2023 13:13

TheBluesHadaBaby
Thomas Tull will be transitioning his bullshit band to faux-active status again sometime soon.

And, I expect, more importantly, sending Mick's people million-$-plus deposits for support slots.

yeah, the Stones have found a new way to generate money: sell the support act spot to rich folks

Date: January 13, 2023 13:41

They teach you how to do that at LSE!

Date: January 13, 2023 14:37

Shame they are buying their spot. Feels weird. But they are a great opening act. Like them a lot

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 14:58

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Shame they are buying their spot. Feels weird. But they are a great opening act. Like them a lot

I know that people talk about that possibility and I don't think it's Impossible but do we have any inside information or any proof that the Ghost Hounds are indeed paying for their opening spot? To me the always sounded very generic. The only song I can remember from the 5 times I saw them is their version of One More Shot.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home