Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:09

babyblue
Isn’t May a bit cool then to start tour. Especially outdoors.

They even played Dublin in mid-May in 2018 before going to London.

Vancouver has a roof.

California is warm enough for even early May. Remember the 2020 tour was slated to start in San Diego on May 8. Then somebody decided to eat a bat.

But it can be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 11:13 by Topi.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:10

ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones
40x5 Tributo Bar on Instagram:

We return to the United States to see the biggest show on the planet, the one that in Europe 2022 left everyone speechless.
Last year we were in Madrid, Liverpool, Milan, London and Brussels, and it was one show better than the other.

The new tour is scheduled to start in May-June and there are no confirmed cities yet.
We believe that New York City will be in the game and that they will play in a fantastic arena where they have never played before.

The USA 2021 tour did not go through 5 cities that had been announced in 2020 and canceled due to a pandemic.
Vancouver, (Canada), San Diego, Louisville, Cleveland and Buffalo. We'll see if they're still in the plans.

As we said before, we also want the Stones to play in the fabulous Chicago, stunning San Francisco, packet Boston, New Orleans and some of the ever-joyful state of Florida.

Could Mexico be annexed this time to the North American section or will it continue to be part of the Latin American section? There is no less information to think about this: The 2026 World Cup is set to be played in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

And after the USA? We already left our sentence in a featured story. There we mark a time line taking November 20, 2023 as a random day. And we risked it, by then we already received them for the fifth time, or we have the tickets in our pockets.
But it's just a fervent desire decorated with intuition and the best of vibes.

In the meantime, if you have the chance to give yourself the treat of your life, let's go see them where they became the biggest band in the world.

Walking and singing through Central Park, even though people think we're crazy...

[www.instagram.com]

so bv can we still trust these folks?smiling smiley

He's already said we can. Something to the effect that if they say it's true, then you can rely on it, to paraphrase him.

plexi

Date: January 9, 2023 11:11

It's not the greatest translation, I can tell you that much. But yes, also cryptic.

Do they mean it was the USA where they turned into the "biggest band in the world"? As far as tours and venue sizes go, that does check out.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:23

babyblue
Isn’t May a bit cool then to start tour. Especially outdoors.

The 2019 tour was scheduled to start in April.

Date: January 9, 2023 11:24

Oh yeah, that's right, with the first show on April 20 in Miami.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 9, 2023 11:25

timbernardis
ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones
40x5 Tributo Bar on Instagram:

We return to the United States to see the biggest show on the planet, the one that in Europe 2022 left everyone speechless.
Last year we were in Madrid, Liverpool, Milan, London and Brussels, and it was one show better than the other.

The new tour is scheduled to start in May-June and there are no confirmed cities yet.
We believe that New York City will be in the game and that they will play in a fantastic arena where they have never played before.

The USA 2021 tour did not go through 5 cities that had been announced in 2020 and canceled due to a pandemic.
Vancouver, (Canada), San Diego, Louisville, Cleveland and Buffalo. We'll see if they're still in the plans.

As we said before, we also want the Stones to play in the fabulous Chicago, stunning San Francisco, packet Boston, New Orleans and some of the ever-joyful state of Florida.

Could Mexico be annexed this time to the North American section or will it continue to be part of the Latin American section? There is no less information to think about this: The 2026 World Cup is set to be played in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

And after the USA? We already left our sentence in a featured story. There we mark a time line taking November 20, 2023 as a random day. And we risked it, by then we already received them for the fifth time, or we have the tickets in our pockets.
But it's just a fervent desire decorated with intuition and the best of vibes.

In the meantime, if you have the chance to give yourself the treat of your life, let's go see them where they became the biggest band in the world.

Walking and singing through Central Park, even though people think we're crazy...

[www.instagram.com]

so bv can we still trust these folks?smiling smiley

He's already said we can. Something to the effect that if they say it's true, then you can rely on it, to paraphrase him.

plexi

yes i'm aware but just wondering if the possibility of a ny arena is something he thinks will happen as well

Date: January 9, 2023 11:32

In the Spanish language, the word "arena" can sometimes also mean a stadium.

(And sand. Maybe they'll play a beach! winking smiley )

The word originates from the Latin word "harena" which figuratively means "place of combat / scene or theatre of any contest (war, a single battle, a dispute, etc.)".

Dispute, eh? Is it a coincidence there's arena.no? winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 11:37 by Topi.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 9, 2023 12:51

DandelionPowderman
RisingStone
Lien
According to journalist José Norberto Flesch, The Rolling Stones will tour Brazil later this year.

Flesch says that more details will be released soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

[www.letsgo.tur.br]

Translation by DeepL:

According to journalist José Norberto Flesch, The Rolling Stones will tour Brazil later this year.

Flesch says that more details will be divulged soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

The legendary veteran band currently features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, as well as backing musicians. And in Charlie Watts?s place is Steve Jordan, who was nominated by Watts himself when he had to leave some shows to take care of his health. But unfortunately Charlie could not survive the hospitalization and passed away at the end of last year.

How can we trust the media source that delivers such blatant misinformation?

I don't see misinformation. That was exactly what happened, according to the press release. They planned for Charlie to get well again, and Charlie recommended Steve to temp for him. Unfortunately, Charlie didn't recover sad smiley

PS: He died in August, I'll give you that.

Charlie didn’t have to leave some shows. He had to pull out of the whole U.S. tour 2021. It was announced that way in the beginning.

[www.rollingstone.com]

[iorr.org]

As to the timing of his demise, well, be respectful to the deceased.

Date: January 9, 2023 12:54

RisingStone
DandelionPowderman
RisingStone
Lien

Flesch says that more details will be released soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

[www.letsgo.tur.br]

Translation by DeepL:

Flesch says that more details will be divulged soon, but what is known is that the tour will take place in December.

The legendary veteran band currently features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, as well as backing musicians. And in Charlie Watts?s place is Steve Jordan, who was nominated by Watts himself when he had to leave some shows to take care of his health. But unfortunately Charlie could not survive the hospitalization and passed away at the end of last year.

How can we trust the media source that delivers such blatant misinformation?

I don't see misinformation. That was exactly what happened, according to the press release. They planned for Charlie to get well again, and Charlie recommended Steve to temp for him. Unfortunately, Charlie didn't recover sad smiley

PS: He died in August, I'll give you that.

Charlie didn’t have to leave some shows. He had to pull out of the whole U.S. tour 2021. It was announced that way in the beginning.

[www.rollingstone.com]

[iorr.org]

As to the timing of his demise, well, be respectful to the deceased.

You're right. The press release didn't say that. However, Keith did say that in an interview. So that means they had hopes in the beginning, that Charlie only would miss some shows.

Date: January 9, 2023 13:39

DandelionPowderman
You're right. The press release didn't say that. However, Keith did say that in an interview. So that means they had hopes in the beginning, that Charlie only would miss some shows.

I searched but couldn’t find the interview you mentioned.

From Keith’s twitter:

[twitter.com]

Here, he doesn’t mention shows or a tour whatsoever. He just wishes Charlie’s speedy recovery and seeing him as soon as possible.

Sadly his wish didn’t come true…

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 9, 2023 14:17

No I think the 40x5 bar is talking about a venue in NY and an arena. There’s no comma to combine two separate thoughts. It’s the same idea. They start by saying NY will be played and a fantastic venue never before played. USB Arena in Belmont Park (where the horse track is) has been getting a lot of big name shows, and the boys do like to play new places. This is a first of its kind, state of the art arena built for hockey and concerts with input from LiveNation. It has a number of suites for the corporate contacts the boys love, and it could very easily be the arena show for this tour.

USB Arena

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 14:39 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: January 9, 2023 14:20

And as I’d said previously, The Who played there last fall. Bruce is playing there for two shows in April. To me, it makes sense.

Date: January 9, 2023 14:27

Well yeah, why not. I'd Lucky Dip that show for sure! winking smiley

Date: January 9, 2023 15:48

RisingStone
DandelionPowderman

I searched but couldn’t find the interview you mentioned.

From Keith’s twitter:

[twitter.com]

Here, he doesn’t mention shows or a tour whatsoever. He just wishes Charlie’s speedy recovery and seeing him as soon as possible.

Sadly his wish didn’t come true…

It's in the Charlie-thread somewhere.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 9, 2023 16:40

DandelionPowderman

7-Oct-2021: "In a new interview, members of the Rolling Stones say they thought Charlie Watts was recovering from illness and would eventually rejoin them, even after Steve Jordan was announced as a fill-in drummer for their current tour as Watts seemingly convalesced in the hospital." - [Variety.com] .

Date: January 9, 2023 16:49

Thanks, Irix thumbs up

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 9, 2023 17:16

BV says North American tour this year. That’s prosthesis USA and Canada nothing more

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 9, 2023 17:19

More Hot Rocks
BV says North American tour this year. That’s prosthesis USA and Canada nothing more

Mexico is part of North America too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 9, 2023 17:25

NashvilleBlues
More Hot Rocks

Mexico is part of North America too.

Wouldn't Mexico fall under Central America? Geographically, at least?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 9, 2023 17:26

I stand corrected! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: January 9, 2023 17:27

A local promoter who brought Coldplay last year, said he is interested in bringing this year Paul McCartney, U2, and... The Rolling Stones.
The closest the Stones have been from here (Dominican Republic) is Puerto Rico (ABB Tour in 2006) and Cuba (Olé Tour 2016).
Some friends who know the promoter say that if he says so, it means that he has, at least, contacted these acts.

Best thing is I live 5 minutes walk from the olimpic stadium, the venue that likely could hold such concerts.

Date: January 9, 2023 17:54

DandelionPowderman
It's in the Charlie-thread somewhere.

It would be a fiddly job to find the said interview in the Charlie-thread. I already tried the above linked “Charlie Watts pulls out of US tour after undergoing emergency surgery” thread (37 pages in all) but to no avail. Please inform me if and when you locate it.

Irix
DandelionPowderman

7-Oct-2021: "In a new interview, members of the Rolling Stones say they thought Charlie Watts was recovering from illness and would eventually rejoin them, even after Steve Jordan was announced as a fill-in drummer for their current tour as Watts seemingly convalesced in the hospital." - [Variety.com] .

According to the Variety article, they expected Charlie “would eventually rejoin them.” But it doesn’t say it would or might happen at some point during the forthcoming U.S. tour, i.e. some shows into the schedule, or something to that effect, as is suggested in the Brazilian website, LET’S GO!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 9, 2023 18:06

RisingStone

But it doesn’t say it would or might happen at some point during the forthcoming U.S. tour, i.e. some shows into the schedule, or something to that effect, as is suggested in the Brazilian website

2-Sep-2022: "The official line that the band were anticipating Charlie’s full recovery, and for him to join the tour later, was genuine. 'We were hoping for it and so was Steve,' says Keith. He said, ‘I’ll keep the chair warm for you, Charlie,’ not expecting that it would be permanent." - [www.TheTimes.co.uk] , [iorr.org] , [RocksOff.org] . This sentence can also be found in the book: Charlie's Good Tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-09 18:50 by Irix.

Date: January 9, 2023 18:38

Irix
RisingStone

But it doesn’t say it would or might happen at some point during the forthcoming U.S. tour, i.e. some shows into the schedule, or something to that effect, as is suggested in the Brazilian website

2-Sep-2022: "The official line that the band were anticipating Charlie’s full recovery, and for him to join the tour later, was genuine. 'We were hoping for it and so was Steve,' says Keith. He said, ‘I’ll keep the chair warm for you, Charlie,’ not expecting that it would be permanent." - [www.TheTimes.co.uk] , [iorr.org] .

Ah, okay, you winwinking smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 9, 2023 21:30

Big Al
I stand corrected! eye rolling smiley

Mexico is officially part of North America and not Central America... You were correct. Forgive me for being a geography cop, haha. :^) Just had to chime in there.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 9, 2023 23:15

VoodooLounge13
USB Arena in Belmont Park (where the horse track is) has been getting a lot of big name shows, and the boys do like to play new places. This is a first of its kind, state of the art arena built for hockey and concerts with input from LiveNation. It has a number of suites for the corporate contacts the boys love, and it could very easily be the arena show for this tour.

USB Arena

Slight correction - the new arena in Elmont NY is the UBS Arena.

Date: January 10, 2023 02:41

bye bye johnny
VoodooLounge13
USB Arena in Belmont Park (where the horse track is) has been getting a lot of big name shows, and the boys do like to play new places. This is a first of its kind, state of the art arena built for hockey and concerts with input from LiveNation. It has a number of suites for the corporate contacts the boys love, and it could very easily be the arena show for this tour.

USB Arena

Slight correction - the new arena in Elmont NY is the UBS Arena.

Whoops. Right letters wrong order!!! Lol. Thanks!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 10, 2023 02:46

I’m sure they will stick with stadiums

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 10, 2023 03:50

More Hot Rocks

he also said you could trust those guy when they said the stones would be coming to argentina again

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 10, 2023 05:08

What I heard was several indoor shows in New York.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home