Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: January 1, 2023 04:10

Topi
Posted on Shidoobee FB:

"Just heard on classic vinyl station on sirius radio that the Stones are rumored to be extending their 60th anniversary tour into 2023.
More fuel for the fire. .."

So if this comes from a reliable source, what do we think this means exactly? Extending the Sixty Tour with more shows in Europe, or more likely bringing the 60th Anniversary tour to North America (as was rumored earlier)? Also could this mean they aren't going to use the tour to promote the upcoming album too heavily? Maybe the album will be out sometime after the tour, and wait until 2024 to tour behind the album?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 1, 2023 05:29

my money's still on the current hints from those reliable sources most likley in the know

album is nearly finished

album and probably tour announcement in february

the tour is likely to consist of shows in north and south america this spring

with other shows elsewhere in the world later this year or early next

at least that's what i've been able to piece together from the many sometimes conflicting rumours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-01 05:34 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 1, 2023 05:55

HotStuff92
Topi
Posted on Shidoobee FB:

"Just heard on classic vinyl station on sirius radio that the Stones are rumored to be extending their 60th anniversary tour into 2023.
More fuel for the fire. .."

So if this comes from a reliable source, what do we think this means exactly? Extending the Sixty Tour with more shows in Europe, or more likely bringing the 60th Anniversary tour to North America (as was rumored earlier)? Also could this mean they aren't going to use the tour to promote the upcoming album too heavily? Maybe the album will be out sometime after the tour, and wait until 2024 to tour behind the album?

I don't believe they keep the SIXTY moniker if they're touring behind a new album. Too much of a marketing opportunity to pass up on. Besides, 2023 is year sixty-one.

Date: January 1, 2023 06:39

ProfessorWolf
my money's still on the current hints from those reliable sources most likley in the know

album is nearly finished

at least that's what i've been able to piece together from the many sometimes conflicting rumours

There's just one thing about that: South America shows are usually very early on the year. January-March. Sometimes April. But they would have to do South America first and only then North America. AFAIK there are no rumors saying the tour would start in South America.

Date: January 1, 2023 07:13

Topi
ProfessorWolf

album is nearly finished

There's just one thing about that: South America shows are usually very early on the year. January-March. Sometimes April. But they would have to do South America first and only then North America. AFAIK there are no rumors saying the tour would start in South America.

i have no idea where they'll start the tour but if bv posts something then we should probably take it seriously

You may trust the greatest Stones bar in the world - 40x5TributoBar in Buenos Aires Argentina. When the 40x5 Tributo Bar say The Rolling Stones will return to Argentina then they will. May be USA first, but Stones live in Argentina is a dream come through, one more time, I think.

Bjornulf

as you can see he seems to think they'll play shows in the us first

so maybe they start in march and play a few shows in south america in april

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-01 07:16 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: January 1, 2023 07:22

As posted earlier, even the guys at 40 x 5 Tributo Bar say it's going to be North America first. (See page 46 of this thread)

Also - where in North America would you start in March? Too early for outdoor stadium shows. Besides, a March start would probably have been announced by now. Tours are announced about three months out these days.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-01 07:29 by Topi.

Date: January 1, 2023 08:07

Topi
As posted earlier, even the guys at 40 x 5 Tributo Bar say it's going to be North America first. (See page 46 of this thread)

Also - where in North America would you start in March? Too early for outdoor stadium shows. Besides, a March start would probably have been announced by now. Tours are announced about three months out these days.

yeah you makes some good points here

plus if the tour was just three months from beginning you'd think we'd also be hearing more rumours about specific venues by now

still if bv posts this i would assume that there has to be some truth to it

perhaps they're planing to tour the us & europe starting in may or june and south america and the rest of the world in early 2024

since bv posted earlier that some kind of world tour is in the works as well

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 1, 2023 09:36

Topi

Vancouver is a domed stadium followed by San Diego and Las Vegas then on to Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil. I would say San Diego is near lock for any North American tour. But yeah not many options for major east coast markets etc that early in the year.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 1, 2023 10:20

Dan
Topi

Vancouver is a domed stadium followed by San Diego and Las Vegas then on to Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil. I would say San Diego is near lock for any North American tour. But yeah not many options for major east coast markets etc that early in the year.

If it's a nice spring day in Vancouver, they can even open the roof! Treacle, Babyblue, Paddy, CR, et al, fingers crossed it happens!

Date: January 1, 2023 10:58

Topi

This is in line with what i read from a source i dont know, but he had specific info.

2x river plate stadium plus a free gig (ppv). Even specific dates (july second week) where mentioned.

Date: January 1, 2023 11:22

July in Buenos Aires. Interesting timing. Average temperature high +14 C.

I mean, for a Finn it could be doable!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-01 11:22 by Topi.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 1, 2023 13:04

I think North America & Mexico in April/June with new album.South America in February/March next year and Europe in September/November next year like 2017 with outdoor and indoor gigs

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 1, 2023 13:20

Asia & Oceania have to wait then until 2025 ?

Date: January 1, 2023 15:10

In my opinion, there are four options:

-South America only
-Japan/Aussie & NZ only
-A miscellaneous of both, with 15 show or so in February/april 2024
-Only Nort America, Mexico and Europe in 2023 and 2024, without South America, Asia and Oceania gigs...

Time will tell

Date: January 1, 2023 15:14

It could be a 16 gigs Tour or so(9+7)

Tokyo x3
Australia x5
NZ 1

Argentina x3
Brazil x3
Chile 1

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 1, 2023 20:16

Cleveland and Toronto.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: January 1, 2023 20:32

More Hot Rocks
Cleveland and Toronto.

Wish or rumour?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 1, 2023 21:46

More Hot Rocks
Cleveland and Toronto.

Don’t tease me, man!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 1, 2023 22:37

DGA35
Dan
Topi

If it's a nice spring day in Vancouver, they can even open the roof! Treacle, Babyblue, Paddy, CR, et al, fingers crossed it happens!

I've been crossing my fingers and toes for months.. starting to get a cramp, but I like it like it--yes I do.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 2, 2023 00:30

In case they get the new album done in time and intend to play more than one or two quota tunes, another Eurpean leg doesn't seem totally out of the picture, since according to folk wisdom Eurpean audiences are more appreciative of songs that are younger than 40 years...

Whatever, as long as they are still willing and able to perform it doesn't really matter to me where they start another tour.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 4, 2023 15:12

Irix
Asia & Oceania have to wait then until 2025 ?

I love this thread. It's January 2023 and already there are statements about possible touring arrangements in 2024 and 2025.

Thinking more than a few months ahead given the ages, and health issues, of both Keith and Ronnie, is taking an awful lot for granted. As someone broadly within the same age bracket I can tell you that one's physical and health-related capabilities change quickly, and not-at-all helpfully in one's late 70s and early 80's.

Let us enjoy what is happening over the next few months, and look forward to the new album, if it does indeed materialise. But anticipating tours in 2025??? Come on!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 4, 2023 16:00

GerardHennessy

It's January 2023 and already there are statements about possible touring arrangements in 2024 and 2025.

My question about Asia & Oceania was only rhetorical, since they were not mentioned in that post above - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 4, 2023 16:48

Irix
GerardHennessy

It's January 2023 and already there are statements about possible touring arrangements in 2024 and 2025.

My question about Asia & Oceania was only rhetorical, since they were not mentioned in that post above - [iorr.org] .

Fair enough. Thank you for putting me right. I apologise and withdraw my comment regarding 2025 in that case.

Nevertheless, separately, there are several references by others to 2024.Even allowing for a reduced timescale it is still quite presumptuous to look that far a head in respect of a band who will be a year older, and with many many more miles on the clock than there are right now.

Having seen no less than three of my rock heroes - Kim Simmons (Savoy Brown) Dan McCafferty (Nazareth) and Christine McVie - depart this earth in the past month, I feel that, more than ever, it is important we don't wish the lives of the remaining Stones away...

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: January 4, 2023 19:21

From a source in the loop…Tour Starts June 5th

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 4, 2023 19:28

weeicemon
From a source in the loop…Tour Starts June 5th

Thanks! We will hold you to it!

Date: January 4, 2023 19:31

Go ahead and Book you flights lol

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 4, 2023 19:50

weeicemon

To where? You didn't say.

Date: January 4, 2023 20:00

A June 5th start would have the announcement in late February/early March, most likely.

Ad weeicemon, you did get the November 2018 tour announcement correct, so...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 4, 2023 20:09

NashvilleBlues
weeicemon

To where? You didn't say.

A Flight To Nowhere

Flight To Nowhere

Date: January 4, 2023 20:51