Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 13, 2022 09:42

Also, they can go watch Canucks playoff hockey games on off days!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 21, 2022 17:11

"Y que los Rolling Stones van a venir a la Argentina una vez más "

(And that the Rolling Stones are going to come to Argentina once again)

[mobile.twitter.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 21, 2022 17:40

smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 21, 2022 20:56

colonial
I suppose I'll continue reading these posts not that the 2023 tour concerns any of us southern backwater countries...

You know they can't tour every continent and every country every year. I don't know where the southern backwater countries are, but I am sure they will arrive near you some time in the near future.

Bjornulf

Date: December 21, 2022 21:32

You may trust the greatest Stones bar in the world - 40x5TributoBar in Buenos Aires Argentina. When the 40x5 Tributo Bar say The Rolling Stones will return to Argentina then they will. May be USA first, but Stones live in Argentina is a dream come through, one more time, I think.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 21, 2022 22:23

bv
You may trust the greatest Stones bar in the world - 40x5TributoBar in Buenos Aires Argentina. When the 40x5 Tributo Bar say The Rolling Stones will return to Argentina then they will. May be USA first, but Stones live in Argentina is a dream come through, one more time, I think.

Great!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 22, 2022 00:34

bv

short of a announcement from the stones that pretty much confirms latin american shows next year

thanks bv!smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 22, 2022 00:50

bv

I don't know where the southern backwater countries are, but I am sure they will arrive near you some time in the near future.

In 2023, the last shows in Asia & Oceania will already be 9 years ago. Somewhat understandable that the fans there are getting a bit impatient.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 22, 2022 01:21

bv

I translated the tribute bar’s Twitter post with DeepL;

“We went back to Twitter to remember that we came out world champions on the birthday of @officialKeef. And that the Rolling Stones are coming to Argentina once again.”

Can we take it as an information leak? Not wishful thinking?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 22, 2022 03:33

For those who travel the world for the shows (I myself have only gone across the pond to their home turf), how do you find the environment in Argentina? Is it easy to get around? Are there a lot of English-speaking folks? Or is language an issue similar to say France? I've seen plenty of videos of the Stones in Argentina, and the fans there are incredibly passionate. I always thought it would be incredible to see a show there. What are the current COVID requirements for the country? Does one have to be vax'd to visit?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 22, 2022 03:50

bv
colonial
I suppose I'll continue reading these posts not that the 2023 tour concerns any of us southern backwater countries...

You know they can't tour every continent and every country every year. I don't know where the southern backwater countries are, but I am sure they will arrive near you some time in the near future.

That’s us in Australia!!!

Rod

Date: December 22, 2022 04:48

The timeframe is interesting. Both BV and 40 x 5 Tributo Bar are saying that the tour would start in North America (early on the year/spring?).

Given that they probably wouldn't play South America when it's winter there (and summer in the northern hemisphere), doesn't that place the South America/Argentina shows later on the year, even early 2024?

Traditionally, any Stones tour/leg in South America has taken place in January through April. Never later than that. Mostly it's been February-March.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-22 04:52 by Topi.

Date: December 22, 2022 05:05

Topi
The timeframe is interesting. Both BV and 40 x 5 Tributo Bar are saying that the tour would start in North America (early on the year/spring?).

Where does Tributo Bar say the tour would start in North America?

Date: December 22, 2022 05:06

RisingStone
Topi

They said that in an earlier Instagram post. See page 46 of this thread.

[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-22 05:08 by Topi.

Date: December 22, 2022 05:24

Topi
RisingStone
Topi

They said that in an earlier Instagram post. See page 46 of this thread.

[iorr.org]

Noted. Thanks.

Whether they are going to Argentina/South America next year is arguable, though. Considering the Argentinian promoters’ earlier negative statement, I doubt it.

Date: December 22, 2022 05:33

That's what I was thinking as well.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 22, 2022 05:35

Well I think we know that Mexico City will be included in the North American dates. Perhaps it’s only 14 dates total. North America Mexico and South America. They have a couple of make up shows to do in the US/Canada markets. There’s the NO jazz fest. Mexico City makes 4. We only need 10 more shows.

Date: December 22, 2022 05:43

Make up shows? Seriously?

Also, I don't think Argentina/South America would be part of a 14-show leg that involves North America. Different promoters. They would have to do more than a couple of shows in South America to make the promoter(s) down there some money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-22 06:50 by Topi.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 22, 2022 10:13

Make up shows that I can think of would be Vancouver, Cleveland, San Diego. However, those aren't major markets as we were told.

But I am totally stoked over the possibility of shows in BA. The number one priority on my Stones list, not necessarily just bucket list, but perhaps it is.

plexi

Date: December 22, 2022 13:09

Since it's a whole new tour (supposedly behind a new album even) and it will have been three years since the 2020 No Filter leg was originally scheduled, I somehow have a hard time in believing any make up shows are in consideration. And I would go to see the Stones in Vancouver in a heartbeat - love that city.

Besides, they kind of already did "make up" for San Diego by adding the Vegas and LA dates back in 2021. It was impossible to reschedule all dates so they had to shuffle the deck a little bit.

Argentina? Easy pass for me...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-22 13:10 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 22, 2022 14:11

Not “make up” shows per se, but both Jazz Fest and Vancouver have been very high on their list for several tours now.
Clearly important to them to play Vancouver again, and obviously they want to play Jazz Fest as they’ve tried to make that work several times.

I think it’s very likely they play both in ‘23 .
smileys with beer

Date: December 22, 2022 14:26

Oh, I'm down for Van. Want 3 more Stones shows to make 33 all-time. Then I quit.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 22, 2022 14:46

VoodooLounge13
I've seen plenty of videos of the Stones in Argentina, and the fans there are incredibly passionate.
Oh yes, they are incredibly passionate! I met some of them this summer. A lot of them attended the show in Madrid. They made the whole stadium sing "olé, olé, olé, olééé..." espacially when Mick introduced Ronnie und Keith (check the video)!

Date: December 22, 2022 15:23

I don't think there will be another Latin America Olé Tour, like we had in 2016, unfortunately. That is one of the most special tours I have followed ever, but I can not see they do it again.

A new Latin America leg would probably be like in 2006, with a few shows, in Buenos Aires, São Paulo, may be also Rio and Mexico City. We can not expect them to do 14 shows per year per continent forever.

Bjornulf

Date: December 22, 2022 16:48

from all the rumours it would seem a world tour with 4/5 gigs per continent. Small legs. North and South America as the first 2 legs.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 22, 2022 18:29

Topi
Since it's a whole new tour (supposedly behind a new album even) and it will have been three years since the 2020 No Filter leg was originally scheduled, I somehow have a hard time in believing any make up shows are in consideration. And I would go to see the Stones in Vancouver in a heartbeat - love that city.

Besides, they kind of already did "make up" for San Diego by adding the Vegas and LA dates back in 2021. It was impossible to reschedule all dates so they had to shuffle the deck a little bit.

There's a new stadium in San Diego which almost automatically puts it in the running for any NA tour.

LA rehearsals -> San Diego -> Las Vegas -> Mexico x 2 or 3 -> Argentina -> Brazil and a smattering of other shows kinda makes sense.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 22, 2022 20:35

Topi

What?!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 22, 2022 20:51

timbernardis
Make up shows that I can think of would be Vancouver, Cleveland, San Diego. However, those aren't major markets as we were told.

But I am totally stoked over the possibility of shows in BA. The number one priority on my Stones list, not necessarily just bucket list, but perhaps it is.

plexi

Vancouver is definitely a major market, partially because it's in Canada and not the US. For concert tours, probably second behind Toronto. Many bands start/finish a North American tour here due to the geographical location.

Date: December 22, 2022 21:21

DeanGoodman
Topi

What?!

Dude, I saw the way they celebrated the World Cup victory! winking smiley

Date: December 22, 2022 21:27

Topi
DeanGoodman