Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2022 22:50

much as I would love to see them in Rome.

How about they play the Coliseum and
Keith could let the tiger outta the cage .... ROAR ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2022 23:04

and they could debut
their new single Glad He Ate Her .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2022 23:15

Haha! I see what you did there!

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 00:16

They can call it the octogenarian rocks tour.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 02:21

timbernardis
It will be the US/North America, much as I would love to see them in Rome.

plexi

Seeing the dynamic prices that some acts are currently able to pull, it makes all the sense in the world to hit the major markets in North America that haven’t received shows for the most part since 2019.

There’s still a large amount of post COVID demand and so 2023 probably is the last big opportunity to tap into that pent up demand.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 13:30

Next Tour will be spanning in two years st least.If they'll touring South America or Japan/Aussie/NZ it'll be in the fall 2023 or in the early 2024, otherwise they'll touring North America and Mexico in the spring/summer next year and Europe in the spring/summer 2024....This is it

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 12, 2022 16:04

Rockman

1. are there rock shows at the Coliseum? (I don't think so)
2. they had lions back then…

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 12, 2022 16:57

I notice the number of Online Users of the IORR website for the last few weeks has increased dramatically — after the SIXTY Tour was over, it was normally 2-3 hundreds for a couple of months, but now marks constantly 4-6 hundreds. I have just clicked and opened the page and seen it hit 736!

Is it a reflection of the fans’ expectations for the possible forthcoming new album and/or tour announcement?

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 17:25

RisingStone
I notice the number of Online Users of the IORR website for the last few weeks has increased dramatically — after the SIXTY Tour was over, it was normally 2-3 hundreds for a couple of months, but now marks constantly 4-6 hundreds. I have just clicked and opened the page and seen it hit 736!

Is it a reflection of the fans’ expectations for the possible forthcoming new album and/or tour announcement?

Likely due to all this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 14, 2022 09:40

Rockman

That's really funny, Rockee!! No less expected from our old zany Rockman, IORR royalty!!

plexi

Date: November 14, 2022 09:44

slewan
Rockman

1. are there rock shows at the Coliseum? (I don't think so)
2. they had lions back then…

They couldn't play there as there are only a handful of seats remaining from ancient times, and it would be otherwise too fragile. On the other hand, they did play the Circus Maximus in 2014 which is where they raced chariots in ancient times. Wish to hell I had been at that show, but I didn't see any shows on the 14 on Fire tour.

plexi

Date: November 14, 2022 09:57

Those two weeks at a
French clown school werent cheap

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 14, 2022 11:09

Urban legend has it that the rent for Circo Massimo is pretty cheap. Besides the Stones, Springsteen played there, back in 2016 I think it was. Roger Waters too?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 14, 2022 11:40

Topi
Urban legend has it that the rent for Circo Massimo is pretty cheap. Besides the Stones, Springsteen played there, back in 2016 I think it was. Roger Waters too?

8000 euros I remember reading. This was my first overseas stones gig and was absolutely fabulous. Print behind me on the wall for all my work teams meetings!

Fingers crossed for more europe - three years after Rome the 2017 no filter worked really well in late summer and autumn - warmer countries and roofed stadiums

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 20:13

Didn't someone play in front of the Coliseum sometime in the last 20 years? I'm thinking either U2 or Sir Paul?? Seem to recall a concert like that.

Date: November 14, 2022 20:23

Actually quite a few have performed there:

Sir Paul
Simon & Garfunkel
Elton John
Billy Joel & Bryan Adams
Andrea Bocelli
Ray Charles
Pink Floyd
The Cure

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: November 23, 2022 16:56

It seems to have quieted down on the potential 2023 tour front. Any estimation on when next year's tour could be announced and which region(s) it will include?

Hoping for a North American tour to be announced within the next two months!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 16:57 by jshidoob.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 23, 2022 20:51

i would think that sometime before christmas they should make some kind of announcement if they plan to tour in the spring

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 21:14

ProfessorWolf
i would think that sometime before christmas they should make some kind of announcement if they plan to tour in the spring

In 2020 they announced in early February for a US spring tour

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 23, 2022 21:31

yorkshirestone
Topi

8000 euros I remember reading. This was my first overseas stones gig and was absolutely fabulous. Print behind me on the wall for all my work teams meetings!

Fingers crossed for more europe - three years after Rome the 2017 no filter worked really well in late summer and autumn - warmer countries and roofed stadiums

VoodooLounge13
Didn't someone play in front of the Coliseum sometime in the last 20 years? I'm thinking either U2 or Sir Paul?? Seem to recall a concert like that.

I've only now been watching the (looong... 3-bluray!) Get Back documentary by Peter Jackson. For after the Beatles' January 1969 recording session the director's hope had been to send them (and an English audience) down out of the English winter and play a 14-song set in the Roman amphitheater at Tripoli, backed up to the Mediterranean. I thought that sounded like not a bad idea.

Unfortunately they futzed and debated and clowned around poorly focused for so much of those 2+ weeks, plus George quit the band and had to be coaxed back into it, that there wasn't time to do that.

Then they missed a window for playing a London park... which would have been cold, but it still would have vastly better than playing the roof of their own building on Saville Row. That supposedly celebrated "last live performance" on a 5-story rooftop I thought was a particularly idiotic choice then, when I was only 14. I still think that now.

The Get Back 2021 documentary itself though is excellent.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 21:33 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 23, 2022 21:40

yorkshirestone
Topi

Maneskin played Circus Maximus this year.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-26 10:25 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 24, 2022 22:32

jshidoob
It seems to have quieted down on the potential 2023 tour front. Any estimation on when next year's tour could be announced and which region(s) it will include?

Hoping for a North American tour to be announced within the next two months!

Just read the last 44 pages

Date: December 1, 2022 04:47

So I just looked up and Dua Lipa is not touring next year. Perhaps she’ll open for the Stones and that’s what the meeting was about!?!?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 1, 2022 04:51

Doubtful. Dua Lipa is big enough of an act in her own right.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2022 06:29

2023 will be telling in regard to how much longer they'll be able to continue. Clearly not much longer. Probably mostly because of Keith and his fingers with arthritis.

But at 14 or so shows a year...

Still doubt there will be a kind of LA/Vegas/Chicago/NYC etc set up that reeks of the last tour. A kind of 'the obvious' without official word.

1981 tour finished in Virginia.
1982 tour finished in Leeds.
1989 tour finished in New Jersey.
1990 tour finished in London.
1994 tour finished in Vancouver.
1995 tour finished in Rotterdamn.
1997 tour finished in St Louis.
1998 tour finished in Istanbul.
1999 tour finished in Cologne.
2002 tour finished in Las Vegas.
2003 tour finished in Hong Kong.
2005 tour finished in Memphis.
2006 tour finished in Vancouver.
2007 tour finished in London.

Not exactly forshadowing anything. Still a recording band for the most part.

Since then? Just a playing band, with very little recording. There's only one date that is memorable, really, and that is in Miami on 8-30-2019, Charlie's last show.

Posted by: Slop ()
Date: December 1, 2022 10:41

Not sure if this is real or not but thought I'd post it here in case there's some validity to it.

Stones touring details on Spotify

Supposed tickets for the above show

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: December 1, 2022 10:56

Slop
Not sure if this is real or not but thought I'd post it here in case there's some validity to it.

Can't be Rolling Stones as tickets are much too cheaptongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-01 14:28 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 1, 2022 11:32

Slop

It's most likely a mistake. Louis Tomlinson played the Cologne Laxness arena on that day (and tickets are on sale at ticketmaster.de But there's no mention of the Rolling Stones on ticketmaster etc

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 1, 2022 11:50

Slop

No Stones - it's just Louis Tomlinson on 17-Oct-2023 in Cologne (Lanxess Arena, max. 20,000 seats) - [www.Eventim.de] .

Date: December 1, 2022 16:45

GasLightStreet
2023 will be telling in regard to how much longer they'll be able to continue. Clearly not much longer. Probably mostly because of Keith and his fingers with arthritis.

But at 14 or so shows a year...

Still doubt there will be a kind of LA/Vegas/Chicago/NYC etc set up that reeks of the last tour. A kind of 'the obvious' without official word.

1981 tour finished in Virginia.
1982 tour finished in Leeds.
1989 tour finished in New Jersey.
1990 tour finished in London.
1994 tour finished in Vancouver.
1995 tour finished in Rotterdamn.
1997 tour finished in St Louis.
1998 tour finished in Istanbul.
1999 tour finished in Cologne.
2002 tour finished in Las Vegas.
2003 tour finished in Hong Kong.
2005 tour finished in Memphis.
2006 tour finished in Vancouver.
2007 tour finished in London.

Not exactly forshadowing anything. Still a recording band for the most part.

Since then? Just a playing band, with very little recording. There's only one date that is memorable, really, and that is in Miami on 8-30-2019, Charlie's last show.

Keith's fingers have been an issue for years and this hasn't stopped him from playing nor the band from touring. You are jumping to conclusions.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home