Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 13:14

GasLightStreet
bv
During 2005-2007 they did half of all the songs of their new album "A Bigger Bang" live. If you want to experience new songs live then you just have to attend more than one show.

In 2007 they mostly played ONE NEW SONG (Rough Justice).

They tanked out and went HOT ROCKS.

Yeah but that was 2 years after the album release and those 1-new-song-shows still are a minority of the shows of the whole 2005-07 tour. No security in 1999 also saw them dropping most bridges to Babylon songs.

Date: November 1, 2022 13:19

Stonesfan2146
GasLightStreet
bv
During 2005-2007 they did half of all the songs of their new album "A Bigger Bang" live. If you want to experience new songs live then you just have to attend more than one show.

In 2007 they mostly played ONE NEW SONG (Rough Justice).

They tanked out and went HOT ROCKS.

Yeah but that was 2 years after the album release and those 1-new-song-shows still are a minority of the shows of the whole 2005-07 tour. No security in 1999 also saw them dropping most bridges to Babylon songs.

Nobody except 1000 die hards want to hear a new song like Oh no not you again more than Start me Up.

There. I said it.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 1, 2022 14:13

That would be correct. We're biased here.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 1, 2022 14:18

Any chance on announcement

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 1, 2022 14:47

Topi
That would be correct. We're biased here.

Maybe it depends on airplay.

In '81, Tattoo You was all over the radio and they played a lot of it and I enjoyed it as my first Stones show.

Not sure most people outside of a few hardcore fans would want to hear a quarter of the show dedicated to material for the most part they've never heard.

Much of the crowd these days, this is a "bucket list" item, they want to hear songs they know, and the Stones play to the masses, while throwing in a deep cut or two for the rest of us.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 1, 2022 15:18

Since the 1980s only very few new songs survived 'their' tours.
(Start Me Up was is last new song that became a standard live song. And, well, Slipping Away, too (at least in some way).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 15:18 by slewan.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 15:41

Out of Control has enjoyed the odd airing from time to time.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: November 1, 2022 15:48

Out of control

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:11

Spud

yeah, as you say 'from time to time', but it didn't become a standard live song

Posted by: cwalters ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:13

Spud

Don't forget You Got Me Rocking too. I always thought Rough Justice was good enough to continue on past the A Bigger Bang Tour.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:32

I liked Doom and Gloom live in Nashville 2015.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:33

slewan
Spud

yeah, as you say 'from time to time', but it didn't become a standard live song

It became the occasional "audience participation" number grinning smiley

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 1, 2022 18:23

Honestly I believe that (no mather how much I love them) they have decided on just a few songs that the group considers the warhorses. On the last show in Stockholm 2 persons asked me when will the hits start? My own thoughts was that... well... they have been rolling since start (almost). But then we discussed what they consider hits after the show that are rarely or never played:

Beast of Burden (6th most streamed Stones song)
Get Off of My Cloud (nr 1 hit song)
19th Nervous Breakdown (nr 1 hit song)
Ruby Tuesday
Brown Sugar (not included due to you know what)
Wild horses
IORR (played regulary until late 10's)
Streets of Love
Fool to cry
Anybody seen my baby

When comparing to Bruce (if I may) - what I like about his live performances is that he has switch around his setlists so much with different album focuses etc that he's created songs that everyone knows. Stones could have done the same IMO. Not only including the hits above but just think about:

Almost hear you sigh
She's so cold
Don't stop
Waiting on a friend
One hit
Rock and a hard place
Saint of me
You got me rocking (which almost became a warhorse, think what you will about it)
Out of tears
ER

Well to my point. is not so much about playing to the broad public... it's more about playing the SAME warhorses and then mixing it up with (sometimes) odd choices. In order for it to be a greatest hit show it would more be like:

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Let's spend the night together
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Angie/Ruby Tuesday
5. Wild Horses/Ruby Tuesday
6. Get of my cloud
7. IORR
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. YCAGWYW
10. Before they make me run
11. Happy
12. Miss you/Emotional rescue
13. Beast of burden
14. Paint it black
15. Start me up
16. Gimme Shelter
17. JJF
18. Sympathy
19. Satisfaction

Sometimes I honestly believe that my favorite band could have treasured other hits then just the same hits. Then I think the legacy would be preserved on more songs for the future as well.

Tiff

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 1, 2022 18:54

hey what about the new 2022 warhorse Out of time? its a keeper but will it be replaced by the new stuff, guess they could play a club gig and play the new tracks

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 1, 2022 18:58

They like to recycle a stage over and over again. No Filter Stage was nearly 5 years. I can't see them using the Sixty stage for just one tour. I'd expect the Sixty (and counting?) theme and stage to continue for the foreseeable future. Probably as BV said, around the world over '23-24. New material will be featured of course, but I wouldn't expect the tour to be renamed The "new album" tour complete with a new stage.

Date: November 1, 2022 21:26

The No filter stage was very expensive. The 60 stage was just a frame for a Standart stage backdrop, and barely included LEDs or any kind of lighting in the frame. I was at the Paris show up front and saw the frame already had lots of damage from taking it down and putting it up again. Large doubts they will use it again, it was most probably always planned as a one year thing. That's why it was called SIXTY, they can't use that name again if they tour with a new album.

The next tour will have the name of the album and a new stage and new show and set list. This year was no filter with a different backdrop. Next year will be big. There are already talks about a full world tour on this board.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 1, 2022 22:24

Stonesfan2146
The No filter stage was very expensive. The 60 stage was just a frame for a Standart stage backdrop, and barely included LEDs or any kind of lighting in the frame. I was at the Paris show up front and saw the frame already had lots of damage from taking it down and putting it up again. Large doubts they will use it again, it was most probably always planned as a one year thing. That's why it was called SIXTY, they can't use that name again if they tour with a new album.

The next tour will have the name of the album and a new stage and new show and set list. This year was no filter with a different backdrop. Next year will be big. There are already talks about a full world tour on this board.

Yes I agree - I was also at Paris and noticed that the stage was looking bashed around. I don’t think they will use it again- if there is a new tour connected with the new album then I think there will be a new stage. Who knows, perhaps they might just do indoor shoes this time around? Although that probably wouldn’t make sense……

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 1, 2022 22:31

Stonesfan2146

I agree with almost everything - but new setlist? Lol the setlist has been more or less the same for the last thirty years. 70% of the show is the same and it will also be next year. I'll still go and see them because I love them.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 1, 2022 23:10

ukcal
hey what about the new 2022 warhorse Out of time? its a keeper but will it be replaced by the new stuff, guess they could play a club gig and play the new tracks

Agreed à LOT of good songs out there.

Date: November 2, 2022 01:38

StonedRambler
Stonesfan2146

I agree with almost everything - but new setlist? Lol the setlist has been more or less the same for the last thirty years. 70% of the show is the same and it will also be next year. I'll still go and see them because I love them.

Well I am thinking of at least a new order of the songs and some different numbers in rotation, like in 1997 when they opened with Satisfaction, or in 2002/03 with Brown Sugar for the stadium shows. They also did a bit of a remake of the setlist for the beginning of No Filter in 2017, opening with Sympathy, including Street Fighting Man in the second half of the set and Gimme Shelter as the encore, moving You can't Always Get What You Want up into the first half of the set. Of couse, in general, it stayed the same smiling smiley

Date: November 3, 2022 20:52

New post

Over the years the Rolling Stones have had many special guests join them live on stage, who have been some of your favourites? And who would you like to see play with the Stones?

[www.instagram.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 3, 2022 21:07

I just wish the 'old' Stones would reappear for a tour and play what they want to play and screw what we think. Whip out 'I'm a King Bee' and hear Ronnie sting it. Push 'Stupid Girl' down the throats of the politically correct. Send shivers up the audience's spine when they launch into 'Dandelion' live, for the first time ever. It's like dreaming of winning the Lottery, you won't win, but you can fantasize until the drawing.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 3, 2022 21:11

24FPS
I just wish the 'old' Stones would reappear for a tour and play what they want to play and screw what we think. Whip out 'I'm a King Bee' and hear Ronnie sting it. Push 'Stupid Girl' down the throats of the politically correct. Send shivers up the audience's spine when they launch into 'Dandelion' live, for the first time ever. It's like dreaming of winning the Lottery, you won't win, but you can fantasize until the drawing.

Yeahh, the "old" Stones who played King Bee, Stupid Girl and Dandelion live in concert...I think I missed the "old" Stones...maybe I'm too young

Date: November 3, 2022 21:43

Glad we got all those DVD's with Stupid Girl on them so we don't have to go to shows.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 3, 2022 23:10

An unexpected visit to Mexico this week by Mick and Jade Jagger...

They were at Dia de Muertos in Mexico City, Jade will be open a Jewerly or Clothes store next hours...

The most important thing, Mick was today at the CIE Produtions corporate building, maybe in negotitation for further show here next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-03 23:21 by rogerriffin.

Date: November 3, 2022 23:32

Mick looks great for his age!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 3, 2022 23:37

Topi
Mick looks great for his age!

do you have picture? i can´t get one in whole day since i knew he is here...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2022 23:40

DiegoGlimmerStones
New post

Over the years the Rolling Stones have had many special guests join them live on stage, who have been some of your favourites? And who would you like to see play with the Stones?

[www.instagram.com]

[twitter.com]

Ummm...Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor come to mind.

Date: November 3, 2022 23:45

Have Bruce Springsteen duet on "Happy"!

Date: November 4, 2022 00:59

DiegoGlimmerStones
New post

[www.instagram.com]

[twitter.com]

Buddy Guy
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Rod Stewart
Lisa Fischer
Guns N' Roses
Carrie Underwood
Dave Grohl
Bruce Springsteen
U2