Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 31, 2022 07:03

They didn't play Chicago, New Orleans or greater D.C. area last tour.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: October 31, 2022 07:09

On the last few tours I remember someone connected with their management said they are not “comfortable” doing more than two months at a time, and not more than 1 or 2 shows a week. So that’s basically a 10 - 14 show mini tour. Maybe a spring North America and Fall South America tour.

Date: October 31, 2022 07:10

They did 2 back to back US tours, where they did those cities. Since the tours are so short, please do different cities

Date: October 31, 2022 07:13

Dan
rocknola
My spider senses tell me Arena shows in New York

BV posted 10 shows in NYC was on the table.

That might make sense for the new album and wouldn't really be counted as a tour if they are all in the same place for a month.

Yes, I’ve been saying for years they should do a residency where they really get in to deep cuts, and show a variety each night. But that’s grueling with not much rest and I don’t think all 3 could handle it at this point.

Date: October 31, 2022 07:21

Hairball
New album + new tour = new stage.

And I wasn't suggesting a massive/expensive stage design ala No Filter, but something visually classy and minimal along the same lines.
If they want to save money and have an easily transportable stage, they could use a similar flimsy stage ala Sixty Tour, but hopefully it will be redesigned to reflect the new album/new tour.
Out with the old, in with the new!

I think the big question for a coming tour is are they really promoting the new album, or just doing the same greatest hits shows. Bigger Bang really only did 2 or 3 songs off the album. I do think it’s smart to call the tour after the album and have a unique stage that reflects album theme.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2022 11:57

During 2005-2007 they did half of all the songs of their new album "A Bigger Bang" live. If you want to experience new songs live then you just have to attend more than one show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 31, 2022 14:13

"Stones Tour USA Spring 2023. Announcement soon."

Date: October 31, 2022 14:42

Topi

Thanks Topi!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 14:53

Gfmsoccer
They did 2 back to back US tours, where they did those cities. Since the tours are so short, please do different cities

The pattern is typically

Major Markets first - Chicago, Boston, Philly , DC, NYC, few cities in the South such as Miami and/or Houston, LA, San Fran, and possible shows in the Western part of US such as Phoenix, Denver, or Pacific Northwest’s Seattle.

2nd is Secondary Markets - Midwest excluding Chicago, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Carolinas, San Diego, Texas, etc.

May be some exceptions between tours such as LA and Vegas on secondary tour due to new stadiums, however for the most part, the pattern above holds true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-31 14:55 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 31, 2022 15:09

Topi

Source? Link?

Date: October 31, 2022 15:27

What did you have for breakfast? winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 31, 2022 15:45

Topi

Welcome to the Breakfast show!

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: October 31, 2022 19:02

You didnt see my post a few years back where I listed 12-15 venues Just in NY City Area as a Complete Tour . . . OH GOD did the kranky folks get pissed off . . . they'll rip yer lungs out Jim (Zevon) . . . it was a total lark . . . my guess for 2023 is . . . it is partially a "Make Up Tour" Tour . . . Buffalo - Louisville - Cleveland - Vancouver - San Diego and fill in the rest . . . to be continued in a PM

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 19:39

2016 is the only instance in recent times that they have done two little mini tours. I think it will be interesting to see if they do something similar this time around. I do tend to think that it will be a make-up tour, somewhat for the dates that had to be cancelled. Add in the Jazzfest, and who knows what else. My guess is they'll probably kick off the tour in California again. They tend to do that when it's colder weather. Other places they like to start are Chicago and Boston, but I can't really see either of those being a viable option unless it's a late Spring start (mid- to late-May).

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 31, 2022 20:56

Topi

cool smileysmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 31, 2022 21:10

"Stones Tour USA Spring 2023. Announcement very soon."

Date: October 31, 2022 21:11

Christiaan

Source???

Date: October 31, 2022 21:12

Christiaan
Christiaan

Source???

Topi, the one who knows spinning smiley sticking its tongue out…..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 31, 2022 21:49

They're going to play wherever in the U.S. will pay them to hear them play the Greatest Hits for a King's ransom. They do tend to play in places with a new stadium, like they did in Los Angeles' SoFi. They don't even bother with the small club opening date any longer, unless you want to count the Gillette corporate tent.

The recent Europe tour should have been called the Out of Time tour, because that was the only discernible highlight.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 31, 2022 22:04

Innocent IORR post: I really don't like Satanic Majesties apart from three songs.

Automatic response: Source?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 31, 2022 22:34

24FPS
They're going to play wherever in the U.S. will pay them to hear them play the Greatest Hits for a King's ransom. They do tend to play in places with a new stadium, like they did in Los Angeles' SoFi. They don't even bother with the small club opening date any longer, unless you want to count the Gillette corporate tent.

The recent Europe tour should have been called the Out of Time tour, because that was the only discernible highlight.

Which shows did you attend?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 22:36

Glam Descendant
24FPS

Which shows did you attend?

Probably all of them...on YouTube

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 31, 2022 23:09

24FPS

I was in Berlin and my highlights were:
All Down The Line
Rocks Off
Fool To Cry

Just sayin.

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:58

schwonek
24FPS

I was in Berlin and my highlights were:
All Down The Line
Rocks Off
Fool To Cry

Just sayin.

We were lead to believe there would be quite a few changes to the show though. The loss of the Song Vote disappointed these Faraway Eyes. Did they rehearse for 'Sixty', as much as they usually do for tours. It's great that they're going to be out and about again, soon.

Manchester, England, please!

Date: November 1, 2022 02:15

Christiaan
Christiaan
Christiaan

Source???

Topi, the one who knows spinning smiley sticking its tongue out…..

I don't know anything. I just quoted someone.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 1, 2022 04:27

Glam Descendant
They didn't play Chicago, New Orleans or greater D.C. area last tour.

Depends what you consider a tour. Both 2019 and 2021 was 2 legs of the No Filter tour with a big gap due to Covid in between. And I attended opening night at Chicago Soldier Field. And St. Louis. smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:42

bv
During 2005-2007 they did half of all the songs of their new album "A Bigger Bang" live. If you want to experience new songs live then you just have to attend more than one show.

In 2007 they mostly played ONE NEW SONG (Rough Justice).

They tanked out and went HOT ROCKS.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:44

Topi

bacon, corn pone, and collard greens

and you?grinning smiley

Date: November 1, 2022 12:53

Too Rude.

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: November 1, 2022 13:12

rocknola
There are multiple arenas in the NYC area.MSG,Barclays, UBS(brand new) Nassau coliseum and you can throw in the one in Newark

You didnt see my post a few years back where I listed 12-15 venues Just in and around NY City Area as a Complete Tour . . . it was a total lark . . . OH GOD did some kranky folks get pissed off thinking they would miss out & I was serious . . . they'll rip yer lungs out Jim (Zevon) . . . my guess for 2023 is . . . it is partially a "Make Up Tour" Tour from could not re schedule venues . . . Buffalo - Louisville - Cleveland - Vancouver - San Diego and fill in the rest ( like ALL NY City ) . . . to be continued in a PM Mr & Mrs Rocknola . . . enjoy the Bahamas

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home