Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 25, 2022 23:27

Elmo Lewis
Macon, please

grinning smiley I think there were more people at Hyde Park this summer than live in Macon.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 26, 2022 00:26

DGA35
Javadave
The altitude at Red Rocksx has proven problematical for many older performers. If they wanted to play a destination location venue, The Gorge would be easier on their health and holds more people.

I seriously doubt either of these scenarios will happen. If they want to play a large capacity football stadium in the PNW other than Seattle, and don’t want to hassle with the Canadian border as a Vancouver show would entail, Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon would suit their needs.

Seattle was such a good show on their last visit, and has the wealthiest demographic in the region to tap, so it may make the most sense. I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if that was their choice.

Don't think they will have any hassle at the border, they've played here 6 times since 89 no problem.

I agree, things are pretty wide open as far as covid/travel restrictions are concerned. Shouldn't be an issue playing Vancouver or Toronto (or anywhere in between)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 26, 2022 01:40

So it’s N America next summer. Hmm sounds good. Would like to see em 3 more times. For west how bout:

Vancouver
Denver
San Fran or San Jose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 01:43 by babyblue.

Date: October 26, 2022 01:45

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
Javadave
The altitude at Red Rocksx has proven problematical for many older performers. If they wanted to play a destination location venue, The Gorge would be easier on their health and holds more people.

I seriously doubt either of these scenarios will happen. If they want to play a large capacity football stadium in the PNW other than Seattle, and don’t want to hassle with the Canadian border as a Vancouver show would entail, Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon would suit their needs.

Seattle was such a good show on their last visit, and has the wealthiest demographic in the region to tap, so it may make the most sense. I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if that was their choice.

Don't think they will have any hassle at the border, they've played here 6 times since 89 no problem.

I agree, things are pretty wide open as far as covid/travel restrictions are concerned. Shouldn't be an issue playing Vancouver or Toronto (or anywhere in between)

Elton got across border….

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 26, 2022 03:50

He's Rocket Man, easy for him.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2022 04:00

Topi

But I think it's gonna be a long long time before he does it again.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 04:12

treaclefingers
Topi

But I think it's gonna be a long long time before he does it again.

Saw him twice in 2019 in Van and then Friday night. Maybe I'll catch him again on his comeback tour in 2024, since this current farewell tour has Euro gigs booked next summer!
In all seriousness, Zak Brown band was supposed to be playing at Rogers Arena Friday night but several of their crew members couldn't get across the border after playing Seattle so the band cancelled the show! I'm kind of glad because traffic was an absolute nightmare and the thought of another 13000 right next door would have made things worse.
Regardless, a Stones show at BC Place next spring sounds great!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 05:30

The fact that they are releasing a new album is what will determine where they tour. Geographical rotations from the past 10 years are out the window.

Date: October 26, 2022 06:01

A friend who works - let's say - in the entertainment industry, told there's 3 major tour announcements coming up in the US in October/November. One of them is believed to be the Stones.

That makes sense if they want to target the holiday market again, just like they did in 2018 with that November announcement.

The new album doesn't necessarily have to be out either (see Babylon, Bridges)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 06:05

Topi
A friend who works - let's say - in the entertainment industry, told there's 3 major tour announcements coming up in the US in October/November. One of them is believed to be the Stones.

That makes sense if they want to target the holiday market again, just like they did in 2018 with that November announcement.

The new album doesn't necessarily have to be out either (see Babylon, Bridges)

Please let one of the other announcements be AC/DC!!

Date: October 26, 2022 06:08

Hearing Taylor Swift is one. Still room for AC/DC too, eh? winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 06:15

Yes, Taylor has been teasing fans of a tour in support of her new Midnights album. I imagine she’ll make it official here soon.

Date: October 26, 2022 06:18

When is the last time Rihanna toured? Since she’s doing the Super Bowl seems plausible to me she’d use that as a springboard for a new tour. Maybe not everyone here’s cup o’ tea but that would be a huge announcement. I think it’s been like 6 or 7 years since she last toured. Believe she’s working on new music too.

Date: October 26, 2022 06:19

I see a country duet at some point! winking smiley

Date: October 26, 2022 06:25

Note that BV updated the news page now.

And says "the first tour is rumoured to be a set of shows in North America starting spring time 2023"

Overanalyze this in 1, 2, 3, go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 06:28 by Topi.

Date: October 26, 2022 06:30

Exciting news!!! Tho I don’t see where it’s listed as the first tour…

Date: October 26, 2022 06:47

Oh, BV said that part in his Facebook post, sorry. If you're friends/follow him on Facebook you'll see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 06:50 by Topi.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 26, 2022 06:49

smoking smiley

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 26, 2022 07:58

Topi

And says "the first tour is rumoured to be a set of shows in North America starting spring time 2023"

how does a "set" compare to a "mini tour"..? winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2022 14:17

Topi

Seems likely that Canada will get at least a couple shows this time smileys with beer

Vancouver is a sure bet and Toronto/Montreal or Quebec City.. (would love to see them there again) seem likely.
Just booked cancellable room(s) for both Jazz Fest weekends.. which also seems like a sure bet imo.

A "set" of shows is interesting.. perhaps they'll only do 6 or 8 major NA markets before moving on to other countries for summer after a short break.
Would help explain the stripped down 60 stage... easy to move around.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 26, 2022 14:24

Topi
Hearing Taylor Swift is one. Still room for AC/DC too, eh? winking smiley

I’m going to have to sell some organs if Taylor and The Stones go on sale at the same time tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 14:38

U2 are already confirmed for the new arena in Vegas at the end of 2023 so a major announcement of the complete tour is expected shortly.

Date: October 26, 2022 14:45

Ah well now that explains why Bono was with the boys a few weeks back!!! thumbs up They had to compare planned itineraries and make sure they weren’t trying to overlap anywhere!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2022 15:58

VoodooLounge13
Ah well now that explains why Bono was with the boys a few weeks back!!! thumbs up They had to compare planned itineraries and make sure they weren’t trying to overlap anywhere!!!

Why don't they just share their online calendars rather than meeting? Wouldn't that be more efficient? COME ON BONO!

Date: October 26, 2022 16:21

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Why don't they just share their online calendars rather than meeting? Wouldn't that be more efficient? COME ON BONO!

It's Keef that prevents this, not Bono, though the in-person meeting does also allow Bono a further glimpse into the inner workings of the finest oiled touring machine ever developed!!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 26, 2022 17:26

Just because Keith pretends The Beatles used to call him to coordinate record releases so they didn't conflict with one another (that's right up there with Muddy Waters painting the ceiling at Chess because he had stopped topping the Hit Parade with Sinatra and Guy Lombardo) doesn't mean the world ever works like that. Bono doesn't coordinate venue dates with the Stones. I get that this was said tongue-in-cheek, but there are folks who will believe it and repeat it. Keith gives great sound bytes, but they come with a warning label not to try this at home. Keith is a professional.

Date: October 26, 2022 17:55

Spring hey guess that is arena’s Vancouver $ Toronto have roof stadium. Wish it was summer tour. May tour NA?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 26, 2022 18:24

Topi

It's widely reported that Taylor Swift will announce a tour shortly.

Tickets for Beyonce's as-yet-unnanounced 2023 tour were auctioned off at an event in LA over the weekend.

[www.latimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 18:27 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 26, 2022 19:57

Rocky Dijon
Just because Keith pretends The Beatles used to call him to coordinate record releases so they didn't conflict with one another (that's right up there with Muddy Waters painting the ceiling at Chess because he had stopped topping the Hit Parade with Sinatra and Guy Lombardo) doesn't mean the world ever works like that. Bono doesn't coordinate venue dates with the Stones. I get that this was said tongue-in-cheek, but there are folks who will believe it and repeat it. Keith gives great sound bytes, but they come with a warning label not to try this at home. Keith is a professional.

Hasn’t that been validated by both the pattern of releases and McCartney himself?

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 20:28

Topi
The Pacific Northwest hopefully gets one show: Seattle or Vancouver. Either one works. Direct flights from Helsinki to Seattle these days smiling smiley

hi Topi, we don't know each other but it's as if we were here ... excuse me for the question ... do you live in Finland? I have a cottage near Rovaniemi ... I only go up during the winter ... I am Italian .. I have many friends up there ... Finns and Italians who work there ... even the great volleyball player Jari tuominen who played in Italy. ..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home