Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 18, 2022 22:38

New album & tour! OMG! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 18, 2022 22:53

Any guesses which 14 cities they may play in 2023?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 18, 2022 22:59

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
Topi
But why a 50-year package when you just celebrated 60?

simply because of EU copyright laws. Any recording that has not been commercially used within 50 years becomes public domain. So the deadline to release stuff from 1972 is Dec 31, 2022 (midnight)
nice info.

What recordings have not been used commercially though?

maybe some alternates we don't know about yet. And all the stuff that was recorded live but not officially released yet (including audience recordings). Bob Dylan's record company started to release so called 'copyright collections' in late December 2012 and contuined to release similar collections at the end the following years. Usually they release very limited quantities (a few hundred copies or even less) (see: [en.wikipedia.org]). For 1965/66 they released 'The Cutting Edge' 18 CD deluxe box featuring all studio recordings from that era (includings false starts, incomplete takes etc.). With that box came also a download code for all 1965 live recordings they found. A 36 CD box featuring all live recordings from the 1966 tour was seperately released.

Decca went another way to save their Rolling Stones copyrights. Some years ago they put up live stuff from the 1969 on youtube for a couple of hour (around new year's eve 2019/20 to pretect their copyrights) (see: [www.theguardian.com])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 23:01 by slewan.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 18, 2022 23:23

It's really funny that the new album thread has turned into tour talks and the Tour 2023 thread turned into album talks

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: October 18, 2022 23:27

Does anyone really need to read what Yahoo or whatever has to say about what the Stones are going to do next ... After a 60 Year Track Record, I would have to say that (With Good Health) it is Obvious ... New Release and a Limited World Tour ... Absolutely everything is becoming way over analyzed.

Date: October 18, 2022 23:29

NashvilleBlues

if it's gonna be a multiple continent tour – my guess is: New York, Chicago, L.A., maybe Toronto; Rome, Barcelona, Prague, maybe Hamburg, and, of course, London. (NYC, Chicago, L.A. and London – two shows each)

Posted by: Boozehound ()
Date: October 18, 2022 23:40

It is funny,. but I'm so glad they are not folding and are continuing to record and tour. As with almost everything they do, they continue to inspire me.

hockenheim95
It's really funny that the new album thread has turned into tour talks and the Tour 2023 thread turned into album talks

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 19, 2022 01:15

NashvilleBlues

1. New York
2. San Francisco
3. Chicago
4. San Diego
5. Boston
6. Vancouver
7. Toronto
8. Buenos Aires
9. Sao Paulo
10. Sydney
11. Tokyo
12. Paris
13. London

Date: October 19, 2022 02:03

NashvilleBlues

I imagine something like this: NYC (2), Chicago, L.A, Toronto/Vancouver - Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires (2), Rio de Janeiro, México City - London (2), Berlin, Rome, Paris

But we'll see thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-19 02:20 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 19, 2022 02:07

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
Topi

simply because of EU copyright laws. Any recording that has not been commercially used within 50 years becomes public domain. So the deadline to release stuff from 1972 is Dec 31, 2022 (midnight)
nice info.

maybe some alternates we don't know about yet. And all the stuff that was recorded live but not officially released yet (including audience recordings). Bob Dylan's record company started to release so called 'copyright collections' in late December 2012 and contuined to release similar collections at the end the following years. Usually they release very limited quantities (a few hundred copies or even less) (see: [en.wikipedia.org]). For 1965/66 they released 'The Cutting Edge' 18 CD deluxe box featuring all studio recordings from that era (includings false starts, incomplete takes etc.). With that box came also a download code for all 1965 live recordings they found. A 36 CD box featuring all live recordings from the 1966 tour was seperately released.

Decca went another way to save their Rolling Stones copyrights. Some years ago they put up live stuff from the 1969 on youtube for a couple of hour (around new year's eve 2019/20 to pretect their copyrights) (see: [www.theguardian.com])

i understand that decca chose to go the youtube route

but do we have any idea or indication whether the stones plan to go this route or (please god) the bob dylan route with the material they own?

if so we maybe getting one heck of a christmas presentsmiling smiley

Date: October 19, 2022 02:12

Big Al
hockenheim95
Topi

because everything before belongs to ABKCO

I wonder if it'll be an outtakes set? I'm thinking about all that was leaked a few years ago.

maybe a official version of fully finishes studio outtakes or better

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: October 19, 2022 02:35

bv
The release of their album "A Bigger Bang" was supported by a two years worldwide tour of 148 shows during Aug. 2005 to Aug. 2007. Ronnie is leaking a lot of their plans actually, a 50 years package i.e. Sticky Fingers to current, another tour, and a new album. So I assume they will do major cities worldwide next year.

When I heard Ronnie's comment, I thought he was claiming it would be their best package in 50 years, haha.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2022 05:39

hockenheim95
Topi

because everything before belongs to ABKCO

STICKY FINGERS belongs to ABKCO except for its release.

Date: October 19, 2022 05:40

slewan
bv
The release of their album "A Bigger Bang" was supported by a two years worldwide tour of 148 shows during Aug. 2005 to Aug. 2007. Ronnie is leaking a lot of their plans actually, a 50 years package i.e. Sticky Fingers to current, another tour, and a new album. So I assume they will do major cities worldwide next year.

hm, a 50 years package? Sticky Fingers? Might make more sense to release all the live 1972 stuff since it will otherwise becoming public domain after the end of 2022

What?

Date: October 19, 2022 05:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
Topi

nice info.

As stated, any.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 19, 2022 10:06

Send It To me
NashvilleBlues

1. New York
2. San Francisco
3. Chicago
4. San Diego
5. Boston
6. Vancouver
7. Toronto
8. Buenos Aires
9. Sao Paulo
10. Sydney
11. Tokyo
12. Paris
13. London

No Denver? or LA?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 19, 2022 10:42

Makes zero sense for them to do just one show in Australia. Imagine the logistics costs alone.

Date: October 19, 2022 10:46

Dalgtor
bv

When I heard Ronnie's comment, I thought he was claiming it would be their best package in 50 years, haha.

I just went back and listened to it and that's exactly what he's saying. "Hopefully we'll have a new package to bring, that's the best one of the last 50 years, I reckon"

He didn't talk about anything that supposedly would be 50 years old.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 19, 2022 10:50

Do we have a time frame for the tour? Assuming they start in the US, South America and end in Europe.

Date: October 19, 2022 11:15

DiegoGlimmerStones
NashvilleBlues

I imagine something like this: NYC (2), Chicago, L.A, Toronto/Vancouver - Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires (2), Rio de Janeiro, México City - London (2), Berlin, Rome, Paris

But we'll see thumbs up

DiegoGlimmerStones
NashvilleBlues

But we'll see thumbs up

I think we can rule two things out: 1. I guess it's unlikely they'll play more than two continent at one leg of a tour, 2. Execpt for London it's highly unlikely that they do shows in the same cities they already played in 2022 (like Berlin and Paris)

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 19, 2022 18:05

Topi
Dalgtor
bv

I just went back and listened to it and that's exactly what he's saying. "Hopefully we'll have a new package to bring, that's the best one of the last 50 years, I reckon"

He didn't talk about anything that supposedly would be 50 years old.

I'll have to go back and listen but the first time I heard it as 15 years, which, yeah, it's the first time they've done anything original in 15 years (excluding One More Shot and Doom and Gloom)

Transcribed here as best in 15 years

[london-post.co.uk]

In an exclusive interview on GB News, Ronnie said: “We’re working now to finish up the studio album that we’ve been working on for years. So we’re bringing that ahead. And things are going really well. We just came back from New York. We’re finishing up in LA in a couple of weeks’ time and hopefully, we’ll have a new package to bring out, the best one in the last 15 years I reckon. You will be seeing us live again next year.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-19 18:07 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2022 18:12

^ I agree. Logistics costs to do 2 or 3 continents going to be very high. There is a reason for the 12 to 14 show tours in one continent/region. Europe and the Americas will be an either/or I think. Remember, they are nearing 80 and doing the tour to make money. They are not touring to support a new album but releasing a new album to support the tour.

Date: October 19, 2022 18:49

Hey now! Maybe there's a 15-year package coming up! winking smiley

But honestly, saying a new album would be their "best in 15 years" (as opposed to 50 years) wouldn't be making much sense, right?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2022 21:24

Cleveland, Lexington, and would be fun to see them add Huntsville at their new Orion amphitheater.. They won’t (unless they pull a Milwaukee/Berlin) but with Huntsville super-growth the past couple years (largest city in Alabama now) and people like Stevie Nicks playing the amphitheater it’s getting good attention.. And it’s smack dab between Birmingham and Nashville travel wise so would pull those crowds, even Atlanta folks could drive over — Rolling Stones Rock Rocket City!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 19, 2022 21:59

snoopy2
Cleveland, Lexington, and would be fun to see them add Huntsville at their new Orion amphitheater.. They won’t (unless they pull a Milwaukee/Berlin) but with Huntsville super-growth the past couple years (largest city in Alabama now) and people like Stevie Nicks playing the amphitheater it’s getting good attention.. And it’s smack dab between Birmingham and Nashville travel wise so would pull those crowds, even Atlanta folks could drive over — Rolling Stones Rock Rocket City!

Yes! Huntsville would be a short drive for me. I doubt it'll happen, but fingers crossed.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 20, 2022 05:42

Topi
Yeah, I mean, B.B. King used to perform sitting in a chair in his last touring years. And he did it until he was, what, 88? 89?

But Gerard is right, it's a lot different.

only for Mick is it physically demanding. And he's in good shape. An anomaly yes, but that's a fact.

plexi

Date: October 20, 2022 05:47

BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue
Here’s my two cents ..I listen to Bellingham FM KISM and just last week heard Stones could be in US for a tour most likely their last next summer.

while i'm not to convinced

billingham isn't to far from vancouver and maybe someone at the station heard something about them negotiating playing a show there

with all the implausible and contradictory rumours about them looking into doing shows at various venues all around the world over the last couple months you never know

plus we do like to keep hope up for that makeup date in vancouver here don't wewinking smiley

I live in Bellingham.. and am extremely doubtful the DJ's here heard any new tour info.
Unless they overheard me ,,lol. I'm always going on about them getting that Vancouver show in.

I strongly believe Vancouver is still high on their list for a make-up show smileys with beer

The should do a tour of Vancouver... BC Place, Roger's Arena, Biltmore, etc.

How about the Dog Haus, across the street from the BC Place?

plexi

Date: October 20, 2022 05:49

ProfessorWolf
BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue
Here’s my two cents ..I listen to Bellingham FM KISM and just last week heard Stones could be in US for a tour most likely their last next summer.

billingham isn't to far from vancouver and maybe someone at the station heard something about them negotiating playing a show there

with all the implausible and contradictory rumours about them looking into doing shows at various venues all around the world over the last couple months you never know

plus we do like to keep hope up for that makeup date in vancouver here don't wewinking smiley

I live in Bellingham.. and am extremely doubtful the DJ's here heard any new tour info.
Unless they overheard me ,,lol. I'm always going on about them getting that Vancouver show in.

I strongly believe Vancouver is still high on their list for a make-up show smileys with beer

yeah i like your thinking!

after vancouver they should head down south and tour seattle then tacoma, spokane, boise, and portland

maybe throw in a show in morton, wa just for mewinking smiley

then retire forever leaving the pacific northwest satisfied and happygrinning smiley

if you are going to go that direction, let's throw in Missoula too. Only Montana show they have ever played.

plexi

Date: October 20, 2022 06:30

timbernardis
Topi
Yeah, I mean, B.B. King used to perform sitting in a chair in his last touring years. And he did it until he was, what, 88? 89?

But Gerard is right, it's a lot different.

only for Mick is it physically demanding. And he's in good shape. An anomaly yes, but that's a fact.

plexi

Let's just take one year at a time at this point.

Date: October 20, 2022 11:04

timbernardis
ProfessorWolf
BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue

yeah i like your thinking!

after vancouver they should head down south and tour seattle then tacoma, spokane, boise, and portland

maybe throw in a show in morton, wa just for mewinking smiley

then retire forever leaving the pacific northwest satisfied and happygrinning smiley

if you are going to go that direction, let's throw in Missoula too. Only Montana show they have ever played.

plexi

sounds good to mewinking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home