Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 15, 2022 18:16

RisingStone
stones2
Oriongalaxy
Orion & Co. repeats - there is contract signed and agreed for second leg of European tour, so relax and keep your fingers crossed fir the boys to stay fit and healthy. That's it. All your discussions regarding any other places for touring are useless.

Have a good one....

.. did you hear people !? .. let's get ready because they already have signed contracts for Europe 2023 ..
hahahahahaha
blow up the trumpets if you have courage Orion & Co .... what you are saying is not enough, take courage and spit ...
from which pulpit all this comes..

If I was just another wishful-thinker, I wouldn’t post a comment with such a strong, definite conviction as Orion did, because if my information fails, I am destined to be the laughing stock from other forum members for certain.

One clue is whether we will get the announcement of Japan/Oz/NZ tour relatively soon, sometime between November (earliest) and January (latest). If we do, it will be unlikely the Stones embark on another tour in summer, Europe or elsewhere.

I just keep waiting and see…

..I wait for certain proofs from Orion and partner .. who post words like the constitution .... enough ... for me if they don't give certain proofs they remain jokes ... stop writing without giving proof of certainty.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 15, 2022 21:25

Oriongalaxy
Orion & Co. repeats - there is contract signed and agreed for second leg of European tour, so relax and keep your fingers crossed fir the boys to stay fit and healthy. That's it. All your discussions regarding any other places for touring are useless.

Have a good one....

yea right, insider wannabe...smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:30

Ronnie about finishing album and touring 2023

[m.facebook.com]

Date: October 15, 2022 22:55

Ronnie about finishing album and touring 2023

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-15 22:55 by Christiaan.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 16, 2022 06:59

Thanks I enjoyed that Christiaan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 16, 2022 15:50

I'm all for some European shows in 2023 but since they've played most markets recently it's a bit odd, just out of convenience? Maybe the 2022 tour worked "better" than the 2019 and 2021 US tours? Anyway it's good to have something to look forward to!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 16, 2022 17:17

babyblue
Thanks I enjoyed that Christiaan.

My pleasure, anytime smiling bouncing smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: October 16, 2022 18:52

It does seem odd to me that people on here don't seem to think that a 2nd leg of Europe wouldn't happen.
They did 2 legs last time in Europe and they did 2 legs for N America too.
Why not continue in that vain? Seems to be practical and cost effective with regards to touring/manpower costs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-16 19:15 by glimmertwinz.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 16, 2022 19:11

Interesting...and I was thinking Japan ect...what can a poor boy do

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 17, 2022 07:16

Topi
I personally don't think the Stones themselves will ever announce a "final"/"last" show. Not even if they fully knew/planned that it would be their last one.

(Whether AntoineParis has solid info on 2023 Wembley being the last time ever, I have no way of knowing - but I don't believe the band is ever going to say that "this is is it".)

And new music or not, of course the elephant in the room is their age. The principals are, for all intents and purposes, 80.

This can only go on for so long. Big reason those end-of-the-leg shows are sought after tickets among fans. Because you never know.

Just hard to see them doing this past 80 in the year 2024 but believe me, I would love to be wrong on that.

Anyways, really interesting to see what happens next year, because what I have been hearing is that USA might not be out of the question either...

A new album might also mean new visuals/name for the tour, right?

I'm in Irvine as we speak waiting for Willie Nelson to take the stage. He's 89.

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 17, 2022 08:59

Here’s my two cents ..I listen to Bellingham FM KISM and just last week heard Stones could be in US for a tour most likely their last next summer.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 17, 2022 10:57

timbernardis

plexi

That's awesome. We'll have a Seventy Tour.

England's Oldest Hitmakers. winking smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 17, 2022 12:01

timbernardis
Topi
I personally don't think the Stones themselves will ever announce a "final"/"last" show. Not even if they fully knew/planned that it would be their last one.

(Whether AntoineParis has solid info on 2023 Wembley being the last time ever, I have no way of knowing - but I don't believe the band is ever going to say that "this is is it".)

And new music or not, of course the elephant in the room is their age. The principals are, for all intents and purposes, 80.

This can only go on for so long. Big reason those end-of-the-leg shows are sought after tickets among fans. Because you never know.

Just hard to see them doing this past 80 in the year 2024 but believe me, I would love to be wrong on that.

Anyways, really interesting to see what happens next year, because what I have been hearing is that USA might not be out of the question either...

A new album might also mean new visuals/name for the tour, right?

plexi

...and John Mayall is 89 also. And Dave Brock of Hawkwind is 80. But, with respect to those fine people, NO-ONE does a show as dynamic, as all-action, and as physically demanding as The Stones. We cannot really compare them to each other.

Date: October 17, 2022 12:20

Yeah, I mean, B.B. King used to perform sitting in a chair in his last touring years. And he did it until he was, what, 88? 89?

But Gerard is right, it's a lot different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 15:28 by Topi.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 17, 2022 14:07

babyblue
Here’s my two cents ..I listen to Bellingham FM KISM and just last week heard Stones could be in US for a tour most likely their last next summer.

while i'm not to convinced

billingham isn't to far from vancouver and maybe someone at the station heard something about them negotiating playing a show there

with all the implausible and contradictory rumours about them looking into doing shows at various venues all around the world over the last couple months you never know

plus we do like to keep hope up for that makeup date in vancouver here don't wewinking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2022 14:45

ProfessorWolf
babyblue

billingham isn't to far from vancouver and maybe someone at the station heard something about them negotiating playing a show there

with all the implausible and contradictory rumours about them looking into doing shows at various venues all around the world over the last couple months you never know

plus we do like to keep hope up for that makeup date in vancouver here don't wewinking smiley

I live in Bellingham.. and am extremely doubtful the DJ's here heard any new tour info.
Unless they overheard me ,,lol. I'm always going on about them getting that Vancouver show in.

I strongly believe Vancouver is still high on their list for a make-up show smileys with beer

Date: October 17, 2022 21:09

Topi
Yeah, I mean, B.B. King used to perform sitting in a chair in his last touring years. And he did it until he was, what, 88? 89?

But Gerard is right, it's a lot different.

sorry, can you imagine mick on a stool? the good and the beautiful of the stones, are the physicality, the sensuality of the movements, break into the stage as only he can do in the 90 meters of the stage for 2 hours .. otherwise I prefer to live on memories with my 50 concerts seen so far , it will seem that I am not predisposed to change, but today unfortunately I cannot do what I did 30 years ago, it is an awareness that time passes ... everything these guys will give us will be a bonus, they no longer have to prove anything to none ... no albums or anything else ... it's my humble thought ... keep on rolling all of you ... spin the turntable and enjoy them ...sorry my english ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 21:12 by stones2.

Date: October 17, 2022 21:15

Gerard and Topi is right ..

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 17, 2022 21:21

MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue

I live in Bellingham.. and am extremely doubtful the DJ's here heard any new tour info.
Unless they overheard me ,,lol. I'm always going on about them getting that Vancouver show in.

I strongly believe Vancouver is still high on their list for a make-up show smileys with beer

I like your thinking!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 18, 2022 00:55

GerardHennessy

...and John Mayall is 89 also. And Dave Brock of Hawkwind is 80. But, with respect to those fine people, NO-ONE does a show as dynamic, as all-action, and as physically demanding as The Stones. We cannot really compare them to each other.

I finally saw John Mayall this year. He was showing obvious signs of dementia and collapsed onstage late into the show, his limp body being carried off by bouncers and bandmates before retiring for good after 2 more scheduled shows.

Let's hope the Stones don't come to end like that.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 18, 2022 01:13

That is sad.

I don't think Mick would let that happen for anyone in the band, unless it came about through an unexpected emergency.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 18, 2022 01:44

MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue

The should do a tour of Vancouver... BC Place, Roger's Arena, Biltmore, etc.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 18, 2022 02:40

Biltmore? Is it still a run down hotel? Throw in the famous Commodore Ballroom instead!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 18, 2022 06:20

BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD
ProfessorWolf
babyblue

The should do a tour of Vancouver... BC Place, Roger's Arena, Biltmore, etc.

yeah i like your thinking!

after vancouver they should head down south and tour seattle then tacoma, spokane, boise, and portland

maybe throw in a show in morton, wa just for mewinking smiley

then retire forever leaving the pacific northwest satisfied and happygrinning smiley

Date: October 18, 2022 06:52

I mean, Vancouver...great city. Still bummed about the cancelled show. It would also have been my first Stones show in Canada, my favorite country.

Not holding out too much hope for them ever playing Canada again, but if there is an US tour somewhere in the not-too-distant future, maybe?

Date: October 18, 2022 07:51

DGA35
Biltmore? Is it still a run down hotel? Throw in the famous Commodore Ballroom instead!

That's actually what I meant, haha. Wow, long day.

Date: October 18, 2022 07:53

Topi
I mean, Vancouver...great city. Still bummed about the cancelled show. It would also have been my first Stones show in Canada, my favorite country.

Not holding out too much hope for them ever playing Canada again, but if there is an US tour somewhere in the not-too-distant future, maybe?

whatever you say, Topi. You're the boss thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 18, 2022 08:00

Date: October 18, 2022 08:08

Everybody's running with The Sun's story now!

Date: October 18, 2022 10:52

BeastyBurdeny

whatever you say, Topi. You're the boss thumbs up

And I thought she was the boss!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50